Thread: Dallas govt cancels YAL convention

Exclamation Dallas govt cancels YAL convention

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hold up BLM signs, hold the meeting in the middle of a freeway, problem solved.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The fix is in, violent destructive "protests" ok, anything opposing the "new normal" definitely not ok.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Sounds malicious and vindictive. Hopefully they can win a major settlement from the city, and get the city leaders out of office.

“Dallas waited until we had students, elected officials, and investors on their way and our stages and banners were in the parking lot of the Omni [Hotel] before canceling it,” he stated.

YAL had 1,400 students from across the country set to attend for their program that entailed activism training and a “principles in liberty” education with prominent speakers.

Additionally, 100 elected officials and 250 investors were set to attend.
    “There was no discussion, the city just called the hotel and informed them they were invoking the force majeure clause,” he continued.

Maloney then emphasized, “If they were going to do this, it should’ve been done three weeks ago, not when we basically had people sitting in the parking lot.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I didn't realize TheTexan had his own website.

Also sucks that this convention got cancelled.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-03-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I didn't realize TheTexan had his own website.
    !!

I always pictured him to be a can guy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Who the $#@! cares what the city says? Host the convention anyway and bring your guns with you. We're at a point right now where we absolutely can't back down.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very messed up what was done to them.

At the same time, putting your entire event in the hands of the democrats, where they have political immunity to Fk with conservatives/libertarians, and not having a backup venue was very naive.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Now YAL should focus of state house races

Where are they moving it to? I’m sure a Big Ranch with some Tents could do the job.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hold up BLM signs, hold the meeting in the middle of a freeway, problem solved.
    This. Seriously.

Hey...we have to protect our liberty minded people from the RONA. It's for safety and your own good you peon.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

They already had to move it from Austin once. I heard from an organizer that the hotel was supplied by a YAL donor/supporter and was going to try to fend off the Dallas gov for the convention. Bummer. A lot of wasted time and money for a lot of young people. Sucks.

Hell, even John Bolton was going to show up there to debate a YAL member on the merits of warmongering vs non-intervention.

eta: YAL should continue with it any way. It is YAL, after all. What message does it send when the biggest liberty organization for young people rolls over to a few city government idiots, wasting everyone's time and money on a decree??? Make the police raid it and get it all on camera, for a big viral coverage event of police harassing a large group of kids who are following the guidelines that the gov itself set out and agreed to.

And maybe sue the city for damages also. Force majeure isn't a catch-all for whatever a contract breaker wants to declare.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-04-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...09829183578121

YAL and Massie should just take it outside, so that everybody in the entire area can see it, mingle in it, and possibly participate. Phone video and "media" might even show up.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think there was a tweet from the governor of South Dakota saying she was going to attend the convention. Maybe theres some way to host the convention there?

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    eta: YAL should continue with it any way. It is YAL, after all. What message does it send when the biggest liberty organization for young people rolls over to a few city government idiots, wasting everyone's time and money on a decree??? Make the police raid it and get it all on camera, for a big viral coverage event of police harassing a large group of kids who are following the guidelines that the gov itself set out and agreed to.

And maybe sue the city for damages also. Force majeure isn't a catch-all for whatever a contract breaker wants to declare.
    So the problem is that the city government thugs won't stop YAL, they will shut down the hotel and put them out of business. Therefore the hotel will tell YAL "no trespassing." And since the hotel doesn't want to go out of business or be on the bad side of the government (which is bad for business) they will comply.

As far as a lawsuit, that is always a roll of the dice because you never know which way some judge is going to rule. Hopefully YAL's lawsuit will be successful.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Who the $#@! cares what the city says? Host the convention anyway and bring your guns with you. We're at a point right now where we absolutely can't back down.
    This. this is it.

"The revolution has been cancelled, as we have been unable to secure the necessary government permits ..."
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

So the problem is that the city government thugs won't stop YAL, they will shut down the hotel and put them out of business. Therefore the hotel will tell YAL "no trespassing." And since the hotel doesn't want to go out of business or be on the bad side of the government (which is bad for business) they will comply.

As far as a lawsuit, that is always a roll of the dice because you never know which way some judge is going to rule. Hopefully YAL's lawsuit will be successful.
    I spoke with the organizer today and yes, that's the official line handed down to the organizers. It goes to show that, in the end, everyone is still worried more about their "stuff" (money, property, etc) than exercising their freedom, and that is how the money powers have taken this place over. But muh stuffs! Lesson? Our "stuff" is the chains that bind us to slavery, which is ironic because, legally, none of us own any of our "stuff" any way since it was all amassed with private debt currency, has never been paid for with real money and most of it is the "registered" property of various governments.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-05-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book