Thread: The Story of the Non Saluter at the NAZI Rally

The Story of the Non Saluter at the NAZI Rally

This is great.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    This is great.

The story is actually less inspirational now after hearing the alleged story of what happened. So he only rebelled/resisted when the state personally affected him? And his wife was killed in the gas chambers? I dunno man this story sounds like tall tales victors create to further demonize their enemies. If true, it reminds me of those republicans who only come out in favour of gay marriage after one of their children comes out as gay. It is still impressive to stand up against an oppressive state but it is far less impressive when one only stands up to that state only after the state starts oppressing them.

I say this and I will continue to say this, but if a group of elite Mexicans did to US what the zionists did to Germany, there wouldn't be enough lamp posts in the US to hang em all.

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    The story is actually less inspirational now after hearing the alleged story of what happened. So he only rebelled/resisted when the state personally affected him? And his wife was killed in the gas chambers? I dunno man this story sounds like tall tales victors create to further demonize their enemies. If true, it reminds me of those republicans who only come out in favour of gay marriage after one of their children comes out as gay. It is still impressive to stand up against an oppressive state but it is far less impressive when one only stands up to that state only after the state starts oppressing them.
    I have no idea what you mean by victors' "tall tales" created to "demonize [...] enemies" in this context, but as for the rest:

I strongly disagree. It is not one bit less "impressive" to stand up against oppressive tyranny because one has been personally victimized by it (rather than merely because it offends one's ideological or philosophical abstractions). Quite the opposite, in fact. How else was there to be a Spartacus if Spartacus had not first been a slave ... ?

And the willing defiance of erstwhile idolators is made even more impressive by the fact that the still-faithful - especially those among the power-wielding priesthood - hate apostates even more than they hate the heathens who were never believers to begin with ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-03-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by victors' "tall tales" created to "demonize [...] enemies" in this context, but as for the rest:

I strongly disagree. It is not one bit less "impressive" to stand up against oppressive tyranny because one has been personally victimized by it (rather than merely because it offends one's ideological or philosophical abstractions). Quite the opposite, in fact. How else was there to be a Spartacus if Spartacus had not first been a slave ... ?

And the willing defiance of erstwhile idolators is made even more impressive by the fact that the still-faithful - especially those among the power-wielding priesthood - hate apostates even more than they hate the heathens who were never believers to begin with ...
    By tall tales, I meant to say lies, war propaganda told by the winners. It could have been the baby in incubator story that wasn't discovered, who really knows?

The other portion is just my opinion. I think it means more when someone opposes an unjust law that haven't yet affected them than opposing a law after it has harmed them. Spartacus was impressive because he fought off trained armies stronger than his slave troops. The feat would have been impressive even if he was a ragtag band of thieves carving up the Roman army.

Going against the state when you are comfortable and out of harms way to me will always be far less impressive than someone doing the same only after his back has been pressed against the wall.

By tall tales, I meant to say lies, war propaganda told by the winners. It could have been the baby in incubator story that wasn't discovered, who really knows?
    Okay ... but I still don't understand what that is supposed to have to do with August Landmesser ...

The other portion is just my opinion. I think it means more when someone opposes an unjust law that haven't yet affected them than opposing a law after it has harmed them. Spartacus was impressive because he fought off trained armies stronger than his slave troops. The feat would have been impressive even if he was a ragtag band of thieves carving up the Roman army.
    You are missing the point. Spartacus is just a (well-known) metaphor. You can replace his name with the name of anyone who didn't defy or oppose tyranny until after becoming a victim of it, but who nevertheless became an inspirational figure for doing so.

Going against the state when you are comfortable and out of harms way to me will always be far less impressive than someone doing the same only after his back has been pressed against the wall.
    But this directly and blatantly contradicts your earlier claim that you aren't much impressed by Landmesser because he only "rebelled/resisted when the state personally affected him" (rather than because he was philosophically inclined to do so from the start, without yet having been personally victimized by the State).

Landmesser was obviously NOT "comfortable and out of harm's way." I mean, good grief! The man was imprisoned and sentenced to hard labor because of whom he married, and his wife was murdered in a concentration camp - not to mention the fact that he would later be forced to fight and die on the German eastern front as a consequence of his defiance of the State.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-03-2020 at 06:36 PM.