Thread: The Swamp (HBO) featuring Thomas Massie

The Swamp (HBO) featuring Thomas Massie

"The Swamp" debuts on HBO on August 4th, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDpGq1ndSk

The Swamp provides a look behind the curtain of Washington politics by following three renegade Republican Congressmen over the course of a pivotal year in politics as they champion the President’s call to “drain the swamp."

The film will be available on HBO and to stream on HBO Max. #HBO #HBODocs #TheSwamp
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Draining the swamp is going to be like bankruptcy. Gradually at first, then suddenly.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Follow the Money.

The swamp is simply giving tax-payer money to nefarious institutions and companies, public/private ventures. Cut the Funding and they go away.

There is a reason Ron Paul was known as Dr. No.

The people need to hear this, again and again, and if they listen and act accordingly, the swamp goes away.

Will Tom be a straight-shooter and tell it like it is?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "The Swamp" debuts on HBO on August 4th, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDpGq1ndSk
    It's shocking that HBO would even air such a video. I always assumed they were as much in the grip of the elites as any other network. Hopefully it will have good ratings.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...15816114753539
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thomas Massie reviews the documentary. Starts around 6 minute mark:

https://www.facebook.com/RepThomasMa...4555250264656/

Matt Gaetz will definitely be the face of the antiwar right in a few years. He's not amazing when you look at his voting record, but he's closer to libertarianism than most new republicans. I think he will end up being another Jim Jordan or Jim Demint where he gets better over time

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watched it last night. Trump likes Gaetz. Sounds like Trump isn't too fond of Massie.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Watched it last night. Trump likes Gaetz. Sounds like Trump isn't too fond of Massie.
    Yeah, Massie will call out the President when he oversteps (I.E Cares Act) and Trump doesn't like that.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Trump gets his opinions from swamp creatures that surround him. If a politician isn’t praised on Trump’s favorite shows, Trump has no way of knowing if they are good or swampy. And it’s also a feedback loop. If Trump’s swamp advisors (like McCarthy) tell him someone is getting in their way (say Massie), the word will be passed back to people in the media (Lou Dobbs) who then attack for them.

Surprising that HBO would even allow something like this to be aired in the first place.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Swamp (2020): A Lobbyist's Attempted Bribe (Clip)

Rep. Thomas Massie talks to Rep. Ken Buck about the time a lobbyist attempted to buy him a seat on the House Committee on Ways and Means. the swamp documentary is now streaming on HBO and HBOMAX. #HBO #HBODocs #TheSwamp #ThomasMassie #KenBuck

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

https://bongino.com/how-a-committee-...lobbyist-money

Over the past few years, some Congressmen have been going public with their grievances. Recently, HBO premiered a documentary titled, “The Swamp,” which focuses on the influence of special interest money into political campaigns and re-election efforts. For example, Representative Ken Buck of Colorado is featured; in the documentary he outlines how members of Congress are “charged ‘dues’ for good committee assignments, and more if they hope to become committee chairs,” according to MinnPost.

The contribution scheme works as follows: “The party leaders…are quite reasonably interested in raising funds for the party committees and incentivizing the members of their caucuses to raise funds for those committees as well. One way to incentivize along those lines is to reward successful fundraisers with good committee assignments and even chairmanships.”

Kentucky Representative Thomas Massie, an outspoken critic of this fundraising, has said, “These committees all have prices and don’t pick an expensive one if you can’t make the payments…That’s part of the orientation.” Massie’s colleague Representative Justin Amash tweeted a similar message, “Members of Congress have to pay the Republican or Democratic parties hundreds of thousands of dollars for official committee assignments. It’s literally pay campaign money to play in Congress.”

Given that committee chairs have so much influence in the advancement of policy, voters should expect members of Congress who chair committees to be the most knowledgeable. Instead, committee chairs are expected to raise huge sums of money for their political party, which means “that chairs are forced to spend a lot of their limited time making fundraising calls,” rather than holding hearings about issues that voters sent them to Capitol Hill to address. This pressure to constantly fundraise in order to hold powerful committee assignments eventually leads to what Representative Buck refers to as “transactional giving,” which is when “special interests give money to affect legislation moving through Congress.” How does a bipartisan, undemocratic scheme like this continue?

This fundraising regime continues because of the incentives at the heart of this scheme. Members of Congress rely on political party support, campaign contributions, special interest support, and constituent support (in no particular order). President George Washington’s infamous farewell address predicted this future: “However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government.”

Daily political squabbles yield predictable results: legislation or confirmations passed along party lines and congressional hearings used to preach political theater. The end result of nearly every issue outside of increased government spending is stalemate. Congressional stalemate leads to Executive overreach because the President made promises to voters, even if this overreach is possibly unconstitutional. Both political parties can contend that they tried to push their opponents to support their position and any opposition is framed in the most malicious terms imaginable. In the end, the American people and the Constitution are the losers; special interests reap the benefits of an unprincipled political class and an undemocratic campaign financing regime.