Thread: Redefining Racism, Weaponizing Empathy, and the Sanction of the Victim

Redefining Racism, Weaponizing Empathy, and the Sanction of the Victim

"They want us to sword fight these farts..." That was enough to get me to post this. LOL Never heard it put quite that way.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not an Objectivist, but Ayn Rand had some brilliant insights that cut directly to the heart of things - and the idea of the "sanction of the victim" is one of them.

George Orwell had a knack for that sort of thing, too (though he wasn't as analytical as Rand was about it).

It isn't enough for you to simply denounce "racism," and it isn't enough that you merely fear being denounced by someone else as a "racist" - you have to "pro-actively" denounce yourself as a "racist." (Or, as the tweet in the OP video puts it, you have to "feel personally responsible for racism.")

As Orwell would (and did) put it: It isn't enough that you merely fear and obey Big Brother. You have to love him, too - and not only that, you have to want to love him (otherwise, it's off to Room 101 with you). Likewise, if you are white, it is not enough to feel guilty about "racism" - you have to want to feel guilty about it ... (otherwise, ...)
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'm not an Objectivist, but Ayn Rand had some brilliant insights that cut directly to the heart of things - and the idea of the "sanction of the victim" is one of them.

George Orwell had a knack for that sort of thing, too (though he wasn't as analytical as Rand was about it).

It isn't enough for you to simply denounce "racism," and it isn't enough that you merely fear being denounced by someone else as a "racist" - you have to "pro-actively" denounce yourself as a "racist." (Or, as the tweet in the OP video puts it, you have to "feel personally responsible for racism.")

As Orwell would (and did) put it: It isn't enough that you merely fear and obey Big Brother. You have to love him, too - and not only that, you have to want to love him (otherwise, it's off to Room 101 with you). Likewise, if you are white, it is not enough to feel guilty about "racism" - you have to want to feel guilty about it ... (otherwise, ...)

I must be a truly horrible person then because I don't feel the tiniest bit guilty.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I must be a truly horrible person then because I don't feel the tiniest bit guilty.
    Well, that just proves that you're a racist ... (quod erat demonstrandum ...)

(Ain't it neat & tidy how that works out? If you do feel guilty, that just proves that you're a racist and that you need to submit. But if you don't feel guilty ... well, that just proves that you're a racist and that you need to submit ...)

Well, that just proves that you're a racist ... (quod erat demonstrandum ...)

(Ain't it neat & tidy how that works out? If you do feel guilty, that just proves that you're a racist and that you need to submit. But if you don't feel guilty ... well, that just proves that you're a racist and that you need to submit ...)

Heads they win, tails I lose? The only way to win a rigged game is not to play.
    Chris

Heads they win, tails I lose?
    Exactly so. Just like that.

The only way to win a rigged game is not to play.
    ... and to loudly denounce the game as a sham while mocking and deriding those who play it ...

... and to loudly denounce the game as a sham while mocking and deriding those who play it ...

Works for me. Mockery and derision is all most of the $#@! they've been shovelling for the last 40 years or so deserves anyway. I'm happy to contribute to that effort.
    Chris

I dig this thread

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Ahh but denouncing the game makes me a racist.

Great thread by the way, I am out of reps for both you and CC.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Ahh but denouncing the game makes me a racist.
    Indeed it does.

But you're gonna be a "racist" no matter what, so ...

Indeed it does.

But you're gonna be a "racist" no matter what, so ...

Kinda makes the choice easy, don't you think?

If you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, might as well be damned for standing up for the truth.
    Chris

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.