Thread: Rand Paul supports DR MANNY SETHI for US Senator in Tennessee

Rand Paul supports DR MANNY SETHI for US Senator in Tennessee

Rand calls him a consitutional conservative. Apparently he's not Trump's pick.
    Sen. Blackburn is mad about this ad because she feels it suggests she's not very conservative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn8L...be&app=desktop

Sen. Marsha Blackburn: Rand Paul Tennessee Attack Ad a ‘Broadsided Slap at Me’
    MATTHEW BOYLE 30 Jul 2020

NASHVILLE, Tennessee — Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) is very upset with her colleague Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) for an ad Paul cut for an outside group backing the candidate against President Donald Trump’s pick in her state’s U.S. Senate race.

In an interview with Breitbart News last week, Blackburn said she is upset with Paul over the ad in which Paul says, “Tennessee is too conservative a state to keep sending Democrats in Republican clothing” to Washington. She said the ad from Paul is backfiring on his choice of a candidate, Dr. Manny Sethi, and instead actually helping Blackburn’s and President Trump’s pick, former U.S. ambassador to Japan Bill Hagerty.

“I will tell you it may be an ad that ends up helping Bill Hagerty because what Rand did was he ended up saying he doesn’t think Tennesseans can pick candidates,” Blackburn said. “He kind of insulted every Republican voter in the state. I don’t know if he meant to do it or thought it was funny or what. What he did was say they continue to send Democrats dressed like Republicans to Washington.”

The Senate primary in Tennessee has been particularly heated, with the Trump-backed Hagerty facing a hard challenge from Sethi—who has won support from Paul as well as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Paul and Cruz have both campaigned with Sethi, who has portrayed himself as “the true conservative” in the race, but a Breitbart News investigation last week uncovered that Sethi’s entire senior campaign team are Never Trump political consultants, and now more is coming out about how Sethi backed things like Obamacare, gun control, and Democrat candidates, while Hagerty has always had the president’s endorsement. As the race intensified last week, Blackburn made the bold and risky move of endorsing in a primary in her home state—drawn in because she said does not trust Sethi.

If anything, while Sethi would like to frame the race as him versus the establishment—“Manny versus the machine” is a frequent catchphrase he and his allies push—the race is much more similar to the battle between Trump and Cruz for the GOP nomination for president in 2016. That fight, like this one, was more a battle between old guard conservatives behind Cruz or Sethi versus insurgent anti-establishment populist nationalists behind Trump or Hagerty. [WHAT?!] Hagerty, who has made his time as Trump’s ambassador to Japan and his experience in standing up to the Chinese Communist Party central to his campaign theme, also has the backing of Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), who campaigned here in Tennessee with him last week along with Blackburn.

But this saga, including how the ad wars in this internecine intra-GOP fight are carrying beyond the borders of Tennessee, is particularly interesting. While it is unclear if Paul intended to call out Blackburn specifically, she feels, because she—as hardcore a conservative as any other senator— [] was the most recently-elected statewide Republican, that Paul’s attack was an attack on her – not just against Hagerty. She even said she considers Paul’s ad a “broadsided slap” against her...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ed-slap-at-me/
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-31-2020 at 02:58 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She isn't conservative.

And I don't think Sethi is that great, but I know for a fact that Hagerty will be awful because Liberal Lamar Alexander's staff is working for Hagerty and so is Mitch's goon squad.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Sethi seems like the Sasse type. Sasse is not good, but he's definitely better than most gop senators

Hagerty, who has made his time as Trump’s ambassador to Japan and his experience in standing up to the Chinese Communist Party central to his campaign theme, also has the backing of Sen. Tom Cotton
    That would lead me to believe that Hagerty is a neoconservative.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sethi backed things like Obamacare, gun control
    Hmmm. Did GOA not do their homework, or is this article not accurate?

https://twitter.com/DrMannySenate/st...05742158893056
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

My opponent [Hagerty] gave $100,000 to Mitt Romney, donated to Al Gore, and made big money off of Common Core

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1uRKP-RK3I

Hagerty seems to have a connection with all of the GOP neocons and teocons.

William Francis Hagerty IV (born August 14, 1959) is a former businessman, diplomat, and candidate for United States Senate who served as the 30th United States Ambassador to Japan. He was national finance Chair for the Mitt Romney presidential campaign. He was previously the managing director and co-founder of Hagerty Peterson & Company, a private equity investment firm.
    On February 18, Nikki Haley spoke at a fundraiser for Bill Hagerty's U.S. Senate campaign in Nashville, Tennessee. Haley endorsed Bill Hagerty's campaign.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hagerty_(politician)
    Tennessee conservatives are keenly aware of Hagerty’s ties to establishment/globalist Republicans Lamar Alexander, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, McConnell and former governor, Bill Haslam.

Hagerty served as national finance chairman for Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign.

He was a Jeb Bush delegate in 2016 and then flipped to Marco Rubio after Jeb withdrew. He didn’t support Trump until after the primary.
    https://dailyrollcall.com/what-tenne...-bill-hagerty/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hmmm. Did GOA not do their homework, or is this article not accurate?

https://twitter.com/DrMannySenate/st...05742158893056
    The Dr Manny rebuttal is that the accusation is all lies, based on ActBlue processing a small campaign contribution his wife made to a friend.

Standing with Conservatives' ad slams Sethi and charges he "donated to a Democrat PAC that supports progressives like Bernie Sanders. That's right. Manny Sethi supported a liberal group that advocates for abortion, gun control, taxpayer funded health care for illegal immigrants."
    The attorneys also wrote that in "2008, Dr. Manny Sethi's wife made a small donation of fifty dollars to a family friend running for office. Now this PAC and Bill Hagerty's campaign are attacking Dr. Sethi's wife over this donation."

As explained by Sethi's attorneys, the $50 political contribution was made through the ActBlue online site.
    https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...rimary/527925/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-01-2020 at 11:33 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Sethi seems like the Sasse type. Sasse is not good, but he's definitely better than most gop senators
    That seems like the main dig at Sethi. He has campaign staffers from the Sasse campaign.

Rand needs allies.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

"Never donated a dime to Trump" = MAGA
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

That seems like the main dig at Sethi. He has campaign staffers from the Sasse campaign.
    Yikes. I did not know that.

We early voted for Dr. Sethi. We have not watched network television in ages, but if Hagerty is attacking him, it’s all we need to know, really. I emailed for a yard sign and it was in the yard before we got up the next day.
    Last edited by euphemia; 08-02-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Senator Blackburn was not our choice, either. During her campaign she kept saying she was going to go to the senate and cut spending. Of course, that begs the question of what she was doing in the House all this time.
    #NashvilleStrong

I didn't see this ad until after I early voted. I got a democrat ballot just to vote AGAINST Jim Cooper for congress. Hopefully Dr. Manny will win. Dear Rand...please give us a heads up about who you're supportng before early voting. I might have even donated.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There were quite a few running for that seat, jmdrake. Unless someone just runs away with it, I foresee a runoff..
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I didn't see this ad until after I early voted. I got a democrat ballot just to vote AGAINST Jim Cooper for congress. Hopefully Dr. Manny will win. Dear Rand...please give us a heads up about who you're supportng before early voting. I might have even donated.
    That’s another problem with mail in voting. Early mail-in voters often learn more before the election and wish they could change their vote.

Another unfortunate loss this election cycle...
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Such a shame he wasn't able to win. The more allies for Rand, the better.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We’ll see if Hagerty turns out to be just like his buddy Mitt Romney.

We’ll see if Hagerty turns out to be just like his buddy Mitt Romney.
    My assumption is that he will be a "yes man." Trump "fights" the swamp but endorses..... yes men.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

There was no way Sethi could compete against Trump's endorsement and support of Hagerty.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst