Thread: US Mint really really wants your coin stash

US Mint really really wants your coin stash

No comment needed. Y'all already know.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/us-m...rculation.html

“There is an adequate amount of coins in the economy, but the slowed pace of circulation has meant that sufficient quantities of coins are sometimes not readily available where needed,” the Mint said in a statement.

“We ask that the American public start spending their coins, depositing them, or exchanging them for currency at financial institutions or taking them to a coin redemption kiosk.”
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you start seeing debit card readers next to wishing wells, you'll know we've lost the fight.

I need to guard Dankes change jar for him to ensure its safety .

sure...HOW MUCH YA GOT!?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

They won't be getting a single cent from all the loose change I have built up.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's pretty obvious they are manipulating this "shortage". On the bright side, my coin-pusher empire startup is on hold.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    It's pretty obvious they are manipulating this "shortage". On the bright side, my coin-pusher empire startup is on hold.
    Right?

The "shortage" makes no cents.

But seriously, wtf?

If anything, there should be an abundance of change and cash.

Since the quasi-Martial law, people have been using their track and trace cards.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

What would they give for 4000 copper pennies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US Mint has recently put out a video PSA begging for your coins. Never mind that the head of the US Mint looks like Igor from Frankenstein and has the charisma of lawn furniture. Very convincing....

And now Mnuchin is begging for your coins.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/mn...-these-pennies

If you have extra coins at home, please use them to make purchases— or deposit them at the bank or exchange them for cash. Help get coins moving! ����
    — Steven Mnuchin (@stevenmnuchin1) August 11, 2020

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I got some new 2021 quarters in change yesterday from a QuikTrip gas station, which also had a sign at the register saying they "will buy my coins". I guess give me paper or a store credit for my older metal coinage? Didn't ask. Any way, the quarters are literally so light that I could barely tell I was holding one. They've been pulling out older coinage with decent base metal content and swapping back in, on a much smaller scale, new coins made of some kind of worthless pot metal.

Some historical info on coin clipping amid money debasement. Old Roman practice still in use to this day, just carried out a little differently.
    https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/c...-and-inflation
    Last edited by devil21; 08-31-2021 at 10:36 AM.

I like this website. Pre 1982 copper pennies are 3 cents a piece. Zinc pennies are almost worth a cent. Ron Paul once joked that we can't stick to our zinc standard anymore. Nevermind the gold standard.
    https://www.coinflation.com/coins/ba...alculator.html

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I like this website. Pre 1982 copper pennies are 3 cents a piece. Zinc pennies are almost worth a cent. Ron Paul once joked that we can't stick to our zinc standard anymore. Nevermind the gold standard.
    https://www.coinflation.com/coins/ba...alculator.html
    Coinflation is what I used with my kids when they were younger. I'd give them their allowance in change three times a week. The total might be $3, but it'd be $0.73 one day, $1.11 the next, etc. They'd sort through looking for pre-83 pennies and junk silver. Pretty rare on the junk silver, so I bought some from a shop and slipped it in from time to time to keep them on their toes. They'd separate out the silver and copper and record their income and expenditures in a ledger. When my son had to "track his income and expenses" for 30 or 90 days for some kind of Scout badge, he rolled in with a book for the previous seven years.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

ya i use coinflation all the time , less math.
    Do something Danke

The only Coin Shortage is one of COMMON SENSE.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.