Thread: Twitter mob gets Woman fired for counter-protesting Anti-Columbus group

Twitter mob gets Woman fired for counter-protesting Anti-Columbus group

NJ woman Valerie Pastore was fired from her hospital job for protesting in support of her town's Columbus statue while wearing a MAGA hat. She was a physician recruitment director at Hackensack Meridian-Mountainside Medical Center and apparently a member of the local Chapter of UNICO, an Italian American organization "aimed at promoting and preserving Italian heritage". https://nutleyunico.org

Here's the story from the day of the protests:
    Competing groups of protesters converge on Christopher Columbus statue in N.J. town
    Updated Jun 27, 2020; Posted Jun 26, 2020

A group of protesters clashed Friday evening over whether or not a statue of Christopher Columbus in Nutley should be removed.

Competing petitions were recently created with one asking for the statue, a bust of the famous Italian explorer located Chestnut Street and Kennedy Drive in Nutley, to be removed and for the Nutley/Belleville Columbus Day parade to be renamed — and the other asking for the opposite.

Catherine Pezo, one of the organizers of Nutley for Black Lives, said they did not write the petition that was circling online to remove it, but did support the “legal removal of the statue.”

“The statue happens to be where the police station and town hall is,” Pezo said.

“There’s blatant denial of racism in this town by many leaders. We’re supporting the nationwide and worldwide Black Lives Matter Movement.”

Police moved barriers from in front of the Columbus statue to separate the two groups of protesters as they exchanged chants of "black lives matter" and "all lives matter".

[brief video] https://twitter.com/j0shaxelrod/stat...40722284879872

more https://www.nj.com/essex/2020/06/com...n-nj-town.html
    But when someone tweeted a picture of Valerie Pastore with her hand in the air, the twitter mob went to her employer claiming she was an anti-BLM protestor making a nazi salute. Incredibly, that was all it took to make her ball-less employer fire her!

Suddenly, the story completely changed! The anti-Columbus sentiments were "just rumors". It was all a "miscommunication". These were just BLM protestors suppporting George Floyd, so counter-protestors were anti-BLM and of course racists. All the usual accusations... and everyone involved can only think about covering their cowardly asses - OR - the hospital's staff has already been infiltrated by marxists groups like White Coats for Black Lives. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...edical-license

After Clashing with Protesters, Allegedly Making Nazi Salute, Mountainside Medical Center Recruiter Relieved of Her Duties
    By Natalie Heard Hackett
    July 4, 2020 at 3:59 AM

...The very tense standoff in Nutley, had residents and protesters at odds, when social media rumors stated that the protesters were planning on toppling or defacing the statue of Christopher Columbus. Pastore was among the group of counter-protesters who can be seen yelling obscenities at the BLM protesters.

After the event went viral, and photos and videos surfaced, people took to social media to call out some of the agitators and notify their employers, this included Pastore and Mountainside Medical Center.

On July 1, a Twitter user named 'Vote Dem for the Planet,' wrote,

"Valerie Pastore of Nutley, NJ was seen at the anti--BLM protest in Nutley yesterday in a MAGA hat, screaming at protesters and at one point making the Nazi salute. She works as the director of physician recruitment at Hackensack Meridian Health – Mountainside Medical Center."

In her role as physician recruitment director, the public expressed concern that she was responsible for hiring doctors and may hire doctors with racist, biased or antisemitic beliefs. Once calls for her to lose her job surfaced, Pastore has since deleted her Facebook profile.

According to her Linkedin page, she is a senior level director and corporate recruiter with 24 years of recruiting experience. She had only been with Mountainside Medical Center less than a year, since January 2020.

Hackensack Meridian-Mountainside Medical Center leadership responded quickly via Twitter and informed the public that the matter was being reviewed and addressed by the leadership team. They wrote to one Twitter user,

"Prejudice and hate of any kind has no place in our hospital. This matter is being reviewed and addressed by our leadership team."

Two days following the surfacing of videos and images, the Mountainside Medical Center staff wrote on Twitter Friday,

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This individual is no longer an employee at our organization."

more: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/montcl...-of-her-duties
    Now she's suing.
    N.J. woman fired from hospital job after Columbus statue protest plans to sue, lawyer says
    Today 1:30 PM

An Essex County woman who lost her hospital job after photos of her surfaced at an anti-Black Lives Matter rallyappearing to throw a Nazi salute – is planning to sue her employer, the woman’s attorney said Tuesday.

Valerie Pastore, 62, of Nutley, was dismissed from Hackensack Meridian Health after photos of her in a MAGA hat attending a rally were posted to Twitter, according to attorney Joseph Tripodi.

But Pastore was neither supporting the opposition of the Black Lives Matter movement nor throwing a Nazi salute, Tripodi told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday. She heard protesters were going to pull down a Christopher Columbus statue and she wanted to voice her opposition to that action, Tripodi said.

“She just wanted to protect the statue, that’s the essence of it,” Tripodi said. “She wasn’t doing a Nazi salute, she’s not a Nazi sympathizer – that’s absurd.”

The counterprotest took place June 26 near a statue of the famous Italian explorer at Chestunt Street and Kennedy Drive in Nutley. Pastore lives nearby and heard protesters were going to take down the statue, her lawyer said...

https://www.nj.com/essex/2020/07/nj-...wyer-says.html
    Just sick of seeing this this $#@! happening to people.
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-28-2020 at 09:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@!ter is cancer.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ter is cancer.
    Agreed.

$#@!ter is cancer.
    Thank God I stay away from it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

$#@!ter is cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The latest leftist tactic on Twitter is respond to anyone not using their full given name is to say that they are fake accounts, and that you must give them your name. Of course the very next thing they will do is dox you and try to get you fired.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The latest leftist tactic on Twitter is respond to anyone not using their full given name is to say that they are fake accounts, and that you must give them your name. Of course the very next thing they will do is dox you and try to get you fired.
    My full name would be Go $#@! Yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

But certain RPFers tell me none of this is cultural.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Don't know if Valerie has a twitter account but evidently Twitter found her and it will find us. Just a walk down the street and someone can post your pic. I'm growing weary of all this self-policing through special interest on social media. Its public coercion as for as I'm concerned.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Don't know if Valerie has a twitter account but evidently Twitter found her and it will find us. Just a walk down the street and someone can post your pic. I'm growing weary of all this self-policing through special interest on social media. Its public coercion as for as I'm concerned.
    I'm fully prepared if these leftists find out where I live. They'll be in for quite a rude awakening.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-29-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm fully prepared if these leftists find out where I live. They'll be in for quite a rude awakening.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Two can play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Yeah, it’s all about photos at events. That’s why the protesters and rioters lose their minds if someone is around taking pics or video. They know the game, they invented it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Why do you hide behind an anonymous account they say Scum