Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
I've looked at it nearly every day for the last 13 years. What's your point Mr. 67 posts?

The lesson here is to reach these young people as best as you can and guide them. I've taken a young libertarian fella under my wing lately to teach him "the force" in hopes that he doesn't end up making similarly unwise choices. All libertarians, especially us "elders", need to do the same whenever possible.

I do find it regrettable that some think anyone, especially a young man that was purportedly a libertarian (evidence of which is a bit flimsy but I digress), dying over this manufactured conflict was "getting what he deserved." Who wants to see anyone with a libertarian mindset, while perhaps misguided in his actions, dying in the street, other than a pure statist full of hatred?
I think it's a shame that that young man wasted his life by making that stupid decision. From what I read, he and his girlfriend had been together since they were 17 and he stayed by her side through whatever hell caused the loss of her limbs and then was her devoted caretaker as well as partner. What a tragic loss for her and his mother. He sounds like he was a good guy but sure got stupid that night.

Did he deserve what he got? Well, he pointed his rifle at a driver surrounded by an aggressive crowd, banging on his car. The driver had a reasonable expectation to be able to drive, unmolested, down the street and those $#@!heads should have been nowhere his car. I'm getting really sick of these a-holes mobbing streets and even freeways and acting like they're the victims. The only words anyone needs to hear about that issue are REGINALD DENNY. So, in light of that, the young guy did get what was coming to him, unfortunately. The driver was obviously afraid.