Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin: Libertarian BLM Protester Shot Dead

Austin: Libertarian BLM Protester Shot Dead

Garrett Foster: Austin Protester Shot Dead at Black Lives Matter Rally

Garrett Foster was identified as the man who died in a shooting at a Black Lives Matter protest in Austin, Texas on Saturday night, July 25, 2020. Foster was often at the protests in Austin. He was a Libertarian military veteran and witnesses said he was well-known among the activists participating in the protests in the city. Foster, 28, was shot dead while with his fiancee, Whitney Mitchell, a quadruple amputee who was in a wheelchair, his mother told ABC News.

Police have not yet publicly identified Foster as the victim in the shooting. The driver of a car who is believed to have shot Foster was taken into custody by Austin Police and is cooperating in the investigation, a police spokesperson said. He has not been identified. Foster’s mother, Sheila Foster, identified her son in an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Witnesses and police said Foster was carrying a rifle. Open carry is legal in Texas. Police said he was approaching a car that had driven up to the crowd of protesters. Foster’s mother, Sheila Foster, told ABC News her son and his fiancee were taking part in the protest, when the driver, “got out of his car and started firing shots, and my son was shot three times.”
    Tony Plohetski of the Austin American Statesman shared on Twitter that police believe there were two shooters, but Foster was not one of them. Officials said one shooter was the driver and the other was in the crowd and may have opened fire as the car was driving away.
    Foster Was a Libertarian Who Supported Jo Jorgensen’s Candidacy

Foster wasn’t shy about sharing that he supported Jo Jorgensen’s presidential campaign. Jorgensen is running as the Libertarian candidate for President.

His last public post on Facebook shared a Libertarian quote about not trusting the government.
    https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/garrett-foster/

https://twitter.com/TexasEmperor/sta...69856757284864
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was not unusual for Garrett Foster to be at a protest against police brutality on a Saturday night. And it was not out of character for him to be armed as he marched.

Mr. Foster was carrying an AK-47 rifle as he joined a Black Lives Matter demonstration blocks from the State Capitol in Austin, Texas. Gun-rights supporters on both the left and the right often carry rifles at protests in Texas, a state whose liberal gun laws allow it.

Mr. Foster, wearing a black bandanna and a baseball cap, bumped into an independent journalist at the march on Saturday, and he spoke matter-of-factly about the weapon that was draped on a strap in front of him.

“They don’t let us march in the streets anymore, so I got to practice some of our rights,” Mr. Foster told the journalist, Hiram Gilberto Garcia, who was broadcasting the interview live on Periscope. “If I use it against the cops, I’m dead,” he conceded.

Later that night, Mr. Foster was fatally shot, but not by the police. The authorities said he was killed by a motorist who had threatened protesters with his car.

The police and witnesses said the man in the car turned it aggressively toward the marchers, and Mr. Foster then approached it. The driver opened fire, shooting Mr. Foster, who was rushed to a hospital and was later pronounced dead.

Michael Capochiano, a witness, said he was marching with other demonstrators when he saw a motorist honk his horn and turn toward the crowd, forcing people to scatter.

“You could hear the wheels squealing from hitting the accelerator so fast,” said Mr. Capochiano, 53, a restaurant accountant. “I’m a little surprised that nobody got hit. He was driving at an aggressive speed into the crowd.”

The car came to a stop after turning from Fourth Street onto Congress Avenue and appeared to strike a traffic pylon. As people shouted angrily at the driver, Mr. Foster walked toward the car, with the muzzle of his rifle pointed downward, he said.

“He was not aiming the gun or doing anything aggressive with the gun,” Mr. Capochiano said. “He was not holding it in an aggressive manner.”

He added: “I’m not sure if there was much of an exchange of words. It wasn’t like there was any sort of verbal altercations. He wasn’t charging at the car. He was just walking over there.”

Mr. Capochiano, who was standing near the rear of the car, said he saw a handgun emerge from the driver’s window, and he heard multiple shots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/26/u...-protests.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Not giving a penny to that rag to get past their firewall. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There were eyewitness accounts on Twitter. Some were a bit different than the "official" news story. They said that people were around the vehicle beating on it, and the guy who got killed walked up to the driver's window and pointed at his own gun. They say the driver is co-operating with police, so no doubt his story is that he was under attack and a guy came up to his window with a gun in a threatening manner. People have shot drivers at these protests, so it will be hard to dismiss that fear as being unreasonable.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I guess he heard the great gospel of Jo and decided to be an "anti-racist" instead of a libertarian that just minded his own business, striving in the private sector.

Here is a screenshot of events prior to the shooting. There was a mob, they looked threatening, he had a gun and looked intent on using it (if I was the driver).

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Don't point your gun at anything or anyone you're not prepared to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's why I pasted so much of the article.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Don't point your gun at anything or anyone you're not prepared to shoot.
    He shot 5 times and missed all of them. From the video it sounds like the 2nd volley was the driver returning fire.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mission Accomplished, Kill Whitey.

Rainbow PUSH coalition.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Mission Accomplished, Kill Whitey.

Rainbow PUSH coalition.
    Weird a public figure took lots of photos with other public figures. You have found the rabbit hole Alice!

First of all, I always thought AK-47s were illegal outside of purchasing them from collectors. I thought they had to be made before 1986 or something like that. Nothing positive comes from carrying something like that to a rio-errrr, protest. Unless the British are trying to quarter soldiers in your town, open carrying an AK-47 is retarded.

I watched the video from the dash cam of a car. The streets were filled with people blocking traffic. They weren't obeying walk signs. They were making the flow of traffic very difficult. The shooter turned down a street and he was swarmed by people like locusts pounding on his car. If some guy in a bandana has an AK-47 and is approaching a car in a mob of people, he no longer needs to be living. That is an aggressive action.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Here is a screenshot of events prior to the shooting. There was a mob, they looked threatening, he had a gun and looked intent on using it (if I was the driver).

Yeah. $#@! that guy. If you are walking to a car like that, bye bye.

Love reading about these peaceful rioters.

Did anyone tell that guy not to associate with the BLM movement? Could have saved his life.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Did anyone tell that guy not to associate with the BLM movement? Could have saved his life.
    He was there everyday, already too far gone down the left libertarian SJW mindset. I think his wife played a big role, she was black and a quadruple amputee, so he was probably highly emotionally attached to a white knight type syndrome. Must save wife via BLM'ing.

Didn't help that the LP nominee put it out there that libertarians can't just be not racist, that we all must be anti-racist (or ANTIRA)
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Scumbag menaces a motorist with an angry mob while armed in a gun-heavy state and gets shot. Why should anyone care, again?

Some are claiming he shot first. He deserved everything he got. The libertarian movement is a complete and utter failure on every conceivable level, and the fact that people like this are attracted to it is yet another manifestation.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    First of all, I always thought AK-47s were illegal outside of purchasing them from collectors.
    It's not really an AK-47 just like an AR-15 isn't really an M16/M4.

If some guy in a bandana has an AK-47 and is approaching a car in a mob of people, he no longer needs to be living. That is an aggressive action.
    There's been quite a surge in 2nd amendment / gun rights / gun ownership among the BLM crowd as a result of recent events.

I eagerly await the results of this change... it should be hilarious.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-26-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Scumbag menaces a motorist with an angry mob while armed in a gun-heavy state and gets shot. Why should anyone care, again?

Some are claiming he shot first. He deserved everything he got. The libertarian movement is a complete and utter failure on every conceivable level, and the fact that people like this are attracted to it is yet another manifestation.
    One more good commie.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

How can one support BLM which is a Marxist organization and the Liberterian party? They are mutually exclusive IMO.

The LP presidential candidate is quite the enigma this year for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    How can one support BLM which is a Marxist organization and the Liberterian party? They are mutually exclusive IMO.

The LP presidential candidate is quite the enigma this year for that very reason.
    What enigma?

Politicians gonna pander. Wanna-be politicians gonna pander, too.

Mystery solved.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

ON CAMERA

He said that if he used his AK47 against the cops hes (I'm) dead. Everyone else is too pssy to do anything about it

So basically hes only using it because he thinks people are afraid of him.

And thats why this libertarian got shot in the head.

https://twitter.com/joetalkshow/stat...449358336?s=21
    Last edited by eleganz; 07-26-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

First of all, I always thought AK-47s were illegal outside of purchasing them from collectors. I thought they had to be made before 1986 or something like that. Nothing positive comes from carrying something like that to a rio-errrr, protest. Unless the British are trying to quarter soldiers in your town, open carrying an AK-47 is retarded.
    OK, let me break this down for you:

Fully automatic weapons have been heavily regulated and controlled since the 1934 National Firearms Act. In order not to violate the 2nd Amendment, the regulations are couched as "taxes". To legally purchase a full auto firearm, or many other weapons that are "Class III NFA" regulated (short barrel shotguns, grenade launchers and so on), you must pay a $200 tax, submit to background checks, ATF will open a file on you and monitor you for the rest of your life and fill out a mountain of paperwork and then wait six months.

In 1986 Ronnie Raygun signed the McClure/Volkmer Firearms Owner's Protection Act, which, in exchange for certain "protections" banned the production and sale of all new automatic weapons under NFA regulation. (That is the only true firearm ban ever passed.)

None of that applies to what I am sure this guy was carrying...a SEMI auto rifle, which is not even a true "Avtomat Kalashnikova" as it is not "avtomat" or automatic.

Now, ATF waffles and flips-flops and throws up clouds of regulations that limits importation of certain classes of firearms as "having no sporting value", getting a fully assembled, semi auto AK-47 clone is difficult at times.

But if you assemble one from parts and use more than 10 US made parts in that assembly, it will pass muster for import.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    He shot 5 times and missed all of them. From the video it sounds like the 2nd volley was the driver returning fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post

That rumor has been floating around, but is disputed by official sources. The Libertarian never fired. The first shots were fired by the driver, the other shots a little later were another protester with a pistol that fired at the car as it fled. That other protester was arrested.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There were eyewitness accounts on Twitter. Some were a bit different than the "official" news story. They said that people were around the vehicle beating on it, and the guy who got killed walked up to the driver's window and pointed at his own gun. They say the driver is co-operating with police, so no doubt his story is that he was under attack and a guy came up to his window with a gun in a threatening manner. People have shot drivers at these protests, so it will be hard to dismiss that fear as being unreasonable.
    As expected. Driver’s story is that he was under attack and the guy walked up to his window pointing the weapon at him.

Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah. It's gonna be a $#@! show of "he said, she said."

This could all be avoided if water cannons were used to clear roadways of protesters, so that...well...$#@!ing vehicles could use them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Cartoon should read "Let me out and we'll fight the right." Not too many on the right have a Panda Furry fetish and a purple backpack. That's all leftist. All the way. Why libertarians choose to court them I'll never know why. Dip-$#@!s being dip-$#@!s I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's not really an AK-47 just like an AR-15 isn't really an M16/M4.

There's been quite a surge in 2nd amendment / gun rights / gun ownership among the BLM crowd as a result of recent events.

I eagerly await the results of this change... it should be hilarious.
    Like the dip-$#@!s of NFAC that shot themselves up? Lol. Yeah, this should become highly entertaining.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast