Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judge Nap: Federal action in Portland was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    These are the same "Peaceful, and democratic protesters" which had being trying to take down federal buildings yeah good luck with that one. Just what is their goal? why are they trying to take down federal buildings? these riots look very militarily organized in style.

They stopped attacking police stations and now they are trying to take down federal buildings why? what does the federal courthouse has to do with Floyd's murder?
    The only thing I'll say to this is that for years I wished that when people rioted they would stop looting and destroying their own livelihood and private businesses and destroy some of the Gestapos own buildings.

Now that happens and we get bootlicking morons saying

"stop...muh federal property"

good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judge Swamp has been supporting the communist coup all along.
    Does anything you say make sense? So a libertarian judge is supporting communism? Lol.
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Fascism Defined

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I lost trust in Judge Napolitano some time back, but one problem I see with his opinion is that he fails to take into account that rioters can lie just as easily as the government.

Case in point: See the video in post #21 regarding navy vet with broken arm. This story appears to be a fabrication. Shouldn’t be too hard to determine where he went to have his “shattered bones” set in these corona virus times, but has anyone checked it out? And that cast(?) he’s wearing in subsequent videos shows no signs of the metal pins required to hold numerous pieces of bone together as they heal. (I’m judging by the treatment I’ve seen of a friend with a shattered leg. His pins stuck out and were capped and rigged to a frame - so they could be pulled out later.)

Napolitano like most, is taking all accusations at face value.
    “grabbing people indiscriminately off the streets, without regard to the person’s lawful presence or personal behavior”,

“one victim… walking peacefully…observing…when five masked men in fatigues exited an unmarked SUV, grabbed him and pulled him into the car…tied his hands with plastic behind his back…pulled his cap over his face”…

“assaulted with pepper spray and hit with nonlethal exploding bullets that stun, hurt and disorient”…

”a young man riding a bicycle away from the chaos...was attacked by five of these feds.”
    Maybe that’s accurate, but it’s just as likely that those people were running away after having been seen committing a crime. We can’t really tell.

It’s sensible to be suspicious of government claims, but I can’t understand not being just as suspicious of violent rioters who hate everyone that’s not them. Why would you automatically give them the benefit of the doubt?

In the end - I saw Napolitano in an interview where he finished with a summary of the fate of the citizens of Portland. He said that this is what they voted for, and this is what they will have to live with until they are able to elect someone different.

...All persons have a natural right to protect their lives and property, especially when the government fails to do so. If its failures are systemic and repeated, it is the duty of the people to alter or abolish the government. We know this from the Declaration of Independence....
    Maybe that IS the right way to handle it - but If so - they should immediately be cut off from ALL federal funding and services. Any unhappy Portlanders will have to flee as refugees, then wait for better times, to return or reclaim property. This would certainly teach many people a lesson about reality!

Meanwhile, since Portland had welcomed federal buildings into there city, federal people should continue protecting their private property if they think it’s worth the effort.
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-24-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Let's bear in mind that some people may not be telling the truth

I'm having doubts about the "Navy Vet's" story about having his arm/hand broken in multiple places. In a longer snippet of his scene, not only does he seem not to react much to being hit - but as he's walking away, he's able to raise both arms high in the air to give them dual middle fingers. Definitely would NOT be able to pull that move off if bones were "shattered".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is
    Yeah, the “stories” told by the left and criminals are often found to not exactly match reality. “I was just standing there and they attacked me” often is shown by video to be far from the truth. And 20 seconds out of an entire night does not tell the whole story.

All that being said, the cop hitting this guy with the baton in the video was uncalled for and pathetic. Pepper spray was more effective. They need to bring back water cannons.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The only thing I'll say to this is that for years I wished that when people rioted they would stop looting and destroying their own livelihood and private businesses and destroy some of the Gestapos own buildings.

good grief.

"You must spread some Reputation around..."

Copsuckers gonna copsuck.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

These were not peaceful protesters. They were rioters.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, the “stories” told by the left and criminals are often found to not exactly match reality. “I was just standing there and they attacked me” often is shown by video to be far from the truth. And 20 seconds out of an entire night does not tell the whole story.

All that being said, the cop hitting this guy with the baton in the video was uncalled for and pathetic. Pepper spray was more effective. They need to bring back water cannons.
    Yep.

If there was ever a year where I felt the media was the biggest threat to our freedoms, 2020 has it in the bag.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-24-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men

Does anything you say make sense? So a libertarian judge is supporting communism? Lol.
    A fake libertarian, it's called a cover.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around..."

Copsuckers gonna copsuck.
    Are you useful idiots or fellow travelers?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

+Rep

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I lost trust in Judge Napolitano some time back, but one problem I see with his opinion is that he fails to take into account that rioters can lie just as easily as the government.

Case in point: See the video in post #21 regarding navy vet with broken arm. This story appears to be a fabrication. Shouldn’t be too hard to determine where he went to have his “shattered bones” set in these corona virus times, but has anyone checked it out? And that cast(?) he’s wearing in subsequent videos shows no signs of the metal pins required to hold numerous pieces of bone together as they heal. (I’m judging by the treatment I’ve seen of a friend with a shattered leg. His pins stuck out and were capped and rigged to a frame - so they could be pulled out later.)

Napolitano like most, is taking all accusations at face value.

Maybe that’s accurate, but it’s just as likely that those people were running away after having been seen committing a crime. We can’t really tell.

It’s sensible to be suspicious of government claims, but I can’t understand not being just as suspicious of violent rioters who hate everyone that’s not them. Why would you automatically give them the benefit of the doubt?

In the end - I saw Napolitano in an interview where he finished with a summary of the fate of the citizens of Portland. He said that this is what they voted for, and this is what they will have to live with until they are able to elect someone different.

Maybe that IS the right way to handle it - but If so - they should immediately be cut off from ALL federal funding and services. Any unhappy Portlanders will have to flee as refugees, then wait for better times, to return or reclaim property. This would certainly teach many people a lesson about reality!

Meanwhile, since Portland had welcomed federal buildings into there city, federal people should continue protecting their private property if they think it’s worth the effort.
    This is a globalist regime change operation and we have members here supporting it.
    We do not have to let a communist revolution take root that will flow out from its nests and impose itself on all of us nor do we have to let people violate federal laws or destroy federal property just because they elected enemies of the country.
    And there is every reason for federal building to be in cities around the country, there are legitimate federal laws and activities and the feds need a place to work from, I don't even understand the people who are saying there shouldn't be federal buildings there.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    As much as I love Judge Napolitano, he selectively supports federalism. It gets annoying he is not consistent.

Federalism and decentralization are wonderful assets to humanity. A specific population gets to live with their choices without it harming anyone else. The people of Portland and Oregon voted for this mess. Its their responsibility to clean it up. Obviously they either like or are willing to tolerate mob rule. Let it burn, it affects me in no way.
    It will affect you when they establish a base for their communist revolution and sally forth to impose it on you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12