Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: Judge Nap: Federal action in Portland was wrong

  1. #1

    Post Judge Nap: Federal action in Portland was wrong

    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Judge Nap part of the swamp again.

    Does Nap realize that these so called peaceful protesters "rioters" were rioting for 52 days what should have the feds done? just walk and let the rioters burn down everything?


    Judge Andrew Napolitano: In Portland, actions of federal agents are unlawful, unconstitutional and harmful
    But rioting and burning down federal buildings and police stations is completely constitutional and not harmful?

  4. #3
    So according to Judge Nap. The federal agents they should have just let rioters burn the down buildings and courthouse right? is that what the judge is suggesting here? how is that not harmful to a democratic society by having radicals and nutcases burn down federal buildings?

  5. #4
    This is very simple. ANTIFA's legal defense is strong, organized by "national lawyers guild", all working pro-bono to get ANTIFA out of trouble and back on the streets asap.

    Each of these unlawful detainments would be great to sue the federal government over. If the case is strong, then they'll have no problem winning in court and throwing that back in Trump's face.

    But I have a feeling they will lose in court because it was all done according to the law. When the left accuses them of being secret police kidnappings, it sounds horrific. When you hear the truth that many of these are 90 minute detainments, its nothing.
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF :
    DNCIA-SB (Soros, Brennan)
    CLINTON-PELO-SCHIFF
    NYT-CNN-SOCIALIST
    DEEP STATE NEOCON JOHN BOLTON BOOK PROMOTER

    Know the deceptions of a paid troll HERE (Post #3)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    This is very simple. ANTIFA's legal defense is strong, organized by "national lawyers guild", all working pro-bono to get ANTIFA out of trouble and back on the streets asap.

    Each of these unlawful detainments would be great to sue the federal government over. If the case is strong, then they'll have no problem winning in court and throwing that back in Trump's face.

    But I have a feeling they will lose in court because it was all done according to the law. When the left accuses them of being secret police kidnappings, it sounds horrific. When you hear the truth that many of these are 90 minute detainments, its nothing.
    Each of these unlawful detainments would be great to sue the federal government over. If the case is strong, then they'll have no problem winning in court and throwing that back in Trump's face.
    These are the same "Peaceful, and democratic protesters" which had being trying to take down federal buildings yeah good luck with that one. Just what is their goal? why are they trying to take down federal buildings? these riots look very militarily organized in style.

    They stopped attacking police stations and now they are trying to take down federal buildings why? what does the federal courthouse has to do with Floyd's murder?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Judge Nap part of the swamp again.

    Does Nap realize that these so called peaceful protesters "rioters" were rioting for 52 days what should have the feds done? just walk and let the rioters burn down everything?




    But rioting and burning down federal buildings and police stations is completely constitutional and not harmful?
    Did you even read some of the stuff these fed agents are doing to innocent people? Nap is saying that it is up to the locals and he is correct.

    According to the account of one victim, he was walking peacefully in the downtown area, observing the chaos, when five masked men in fatigues exited an unmarked SUV, grabbed him and pulled him into the car. They tied his hands with plastic behind his back. They pulled his cap over his face. They kept him for two hours and then released him. They filed no charges against him.
    They had no basis for this kidnapping.

    It was a kidnapping, not an arrest. An arrest is a lawful restraint by a legitimate government authority pursuant to a warrant issued by a judge specifically naming the person to be arrested, or pursuant to probable cause of crime personally observed by the arresting officers. Neither of these was the case in Portland.

    And some victims were even less fortunate than those kidnapped. They were assaulted with pepper spray and hit with nonlethal exploding bullets that stun, hurt and disorient. The bullets can harm the eyes, heart and liver. I saw a video of a young man riding a bicycle away from the chaos. Yet, he was attacked by five of these feds.

    An Annapolis graduate and Navy veteran asked a small group of the feds by what constitutional authority they were present in Portland. They responded by pepper-spraying his face and beating his hand with a baton, shattering numerous bones in his hand.
    Last edited by Ender; 07-23-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    There is no spoon.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Did you even read some of the stuff these fed agents are doing to innocent people? Nap is saying that it is up to the locals and he is correct.
    Nap is saying that it is up to the locals
    Again the same local law enforcers which had being told by local official polticans to stand down?

    Did you even read some of the stuff these fed agents are doing to innocent people?
    Are you actually saying that rioters are innocent people? you lost me there. What do you think it would had happened to these rioters when they attacked a federal building in the first place? if they just avoided and left alone nothing would had happen to these "Innocent People" who which were throwing bricks and home made weapons at officers.

    I would agree that normal protesters are innocent people what happened last night was anything but innocent.

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Are you actually saying that rioters are innocent people? you lost me there. What do you think it would had happened to these rioters when they attacked a federal building in the first place? if they just avoided and left alone nothing would had happen to these "Innocent People" who which were throwing bricks and home made weapons at officers.
    If the people being arrested have committed crimes, why aren't they being charged?


    Why are they being detained and then released the next day?
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If the people being arrested have committed crimes, why aren't they being charged?


    Why are they being detained and then released the next day?
    Why are they being detained and then released the next day?
    Clearly some elitists are either paying these police precincts to let these detained be released no matter if they committed a crime. If this was a lockdown protestor they would not be released so quickly.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    So according to Judge Nap. The federal agents they should have just let rioters burn the down buildings and courthouse right? is that what the judge is suggesting here? how is that not harmful to a democratic society by having radicals and nutcases burn down federal buildings?
    If the buildings are not federal then it is a local matter. If you live there and do not like the inaction then the people should contact and/or protest the local officials. Vote them out in the next election cycle. If it is a federal building then I agree that Judge Swamp is wrong.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Did you even read some of the stuff these fed agents are doing to innocent people? Nap is saying that it is up to the locals and he is correct.
    I've heard AntiFa lies and I've seen and heard the truth, they were properly arrested for crimes and most of the riot control was appropriate.
    Any exceptions don't mean that all federal action was wrong.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If the buildings are not federal then it is a local matter. If you live there and do not like the inaction then the people should contact and/or protest the local officials. Vote them out in the next election cycle. If it is a federal building then I agree that Judge Swamp is wrong.
    It is also a federal crime to travel between states to incite riots etc.

    There are multiple ways the feds can be correctly involved.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #14
    Judge Swamp has been supporting the communist coup all along.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I've heard AntiFa lies and I've seen and heard the truth, they were properly arrested for crimes and most of the riot control was appropriate.
    Any exceptions don't mean that all federal action was wrong.
    Haha. Supporting violations of civil liberties, people being swept off the street by feds. It's pathetic that some of you are so supportive of this police state. Civil liberties seem to only matter based on political affiliations to you. Pathetic. You are a fraud and adamant supporter of big government.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Did you even read some of the stuff these fed agents are doing to innocent people? Nap is saying that it is up to the locals and he is correct.

    According to the account of one victim, he was walking peacefully in the downtown area, observing the chaos, when five masked men in fatigues exited an unmarked SUV, grabbed him and pulled him into the car. They tied his hands with plastic behind his back. They pulled his cap over his face. They kept him for two hours and then released him. They filed no charges against him.
    And that story is basically from MSNBC/CNN you know that right? you are actually willing to believe the accounts of one a single one Antifa/BLM who claims.


    This is not new from Antifa.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Haha. Supporting violations of civil liberties, people being swept off the street by feds. It's pathetic that some of you are so supportive of this police state. Civil liberties seem to only matter based on political affiliations to you. Pathetic. You are a fraud and adamant supporter of big government.
    And here there are some who are willing to support Antifa dispute the massive chaos that they had being causing for 52+days and almost starting to destroy a federal building if not federal buildings.

    Serious question for you. Do Civil liberties include starting riots and burning down federal buildings? answer truthfully.

    The last time i checked Civil liberties only calls for peaceful assembly what happened in Portland last 50+ days now is nothing that resembles peaceful assembly.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Again the same local law enforcers which had being told by local official polticans to stand down?


    Are you actually saying that rioters are innocent people? you lost me there. What do you think it would had happened to these rioters when they attacked a federal building in the first place? if they just avoided and left alone nothing would had happen to these "Innocent People" who which were throwing bricks and home made weapons at officers.

    I would agree that normal protesters are innocent people what happened last night was anything but innocent.
    The people I was talking about were NOT the violent protesters- READING is your friend.

    And by locals- I mean the people. The 2nd Amendment was originally written about local militias protecting their communities.
    There is no spoon.

  22. #19
    If the local cops did their job, none of this would be happening. They're standing down because they're told to. It's this new approach to rioting that's emerged since 2014. It's not acceptable for local officials to just allow people to ransack a city. Federalism is a provincial anachronism at this point in history anyway, barring some restoration.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

    The counter-revolution will not be televised.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    If the local cops did their job, none of this would be happening. They're standing down because they're told to. It's this new approach to rioting that's emerged since 2014. It's not acceptable for local officials to just allow people to ransack a city. Federalism is a provincial anachronism at this point in history anyway, barring some restoration.
    They are told to stand down since they expect Trump to trample on state rights and civil liberties using the federal police force. The quote about what they are doing is playing right into their hands. They want a situation far worse in hopes the feds will kill some protestors and are praying it will be black protestors. That is the narrative they want to set before the election to ensure a Biden win.

    I expect Trump will play right into their hands. But only after the Neocons and Never Trumper Republicans stomp their feet about Trump not doing enough. Of course the ignorant masses that lap up that propaganda and blindly support Trump no matter what he does will as usual be screaming for blood due to a complete inability to think for themselves

  24. #21

    Let's bear in mind that some people may not be telling the truth

    An Annapolis graduate and Navy veteran asked a small group of the feds by what constitutional authority they were present in Portland. They responded by pepper-spraying his face and beating his hand with a baton, shattering numerous bones in his hand.
    I'm having doubts about the "Navy Vet's" story about having his arm/hand broken in multiple places. In a longer snippet of his scene, not only does he seem not to react much to being hit - but as he's walking away, he's able to raise both arms high in the air to give them dual middle fingers. Definitely would NOT be able to pull that move off if bones were "shattered".


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Haha. Supporting violations of civil liberties, people being swept off the street by feds. It's pathetic that some of you are so supportive of this police state. Civil liberties seem to only matter based on political affiliations to you. Pathetic. You are a fraud and adamant supporter of big government.
    All you've got is AntiFa talking points.

    Being arrested for crimes and having your violent riot broken up are not civil liberties violations.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I'm having doubts about the "Navy Vet's" story about having his arm/hand broken in multiple places. In a longer snippet of his scene, not only does he seem not to react much to being hit - but as he's walking away, he's able to raise both arms high in the air to give them dual middle fingers. Definitely would NOT be able to pull that move off if bones were "shattered".


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAbSuYI5Is
    They lie and pass on lies, it's what leftists do.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    They are told to stand down since they expect Trump to trample on state rights and civil liberties using the federal police force. The quote about what they are doing is playing right into their hands. They want a situation far worse in hopes the feds will kill some protestors and are praying it will be black protestors. That is the narrative they want to set before the election to ensure a Biden win.

    I expect Trump will play right into their hands. But only after the Neocons and Never Trumper Republicans stomp their feet about Trump not doing enough. Of course the ignorant masses that lap up that propaganda and blindly support Trump no matter what he does will as usual be screaming for blood due to a complete inability to think for themselves
    Trump is not going to play into anyone's hands, he is going to walk the tightrope and avoid either letting a revolution take root or getting to aggressive with the rioters.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The people I was talking about were NOT the violent protesters- READING is your friend.
    Yes, we read, we read you passing on the lies of the "peaceful protestors".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    And by locals- I mean the people. The 2nd Amendment was originally written about local militias protecting their communities.
    You mean the disarmed locals who will be arrested and prosecuted if they defend themselves?

    And since when don't feds have a right to defend themselves?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #26
    This kind of thing can further increase risk of globalist neocons funded GOPA progressive socialist wing sinking in 2020.

    This is Wapo Headline, so exercise caution:

    Kansas City:
    Trump’s ‘Operation Legend’ was supposed to combat crime. It’s produced one arrest, and some see a political stunt.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Clearly some elitists are either paying these police precincts to let these detained be released no matter if they committed a crime. If this was a lockdown protestor they would not be released so quickly.
    Your answer is completely incoherent.

    If it's federal "investigators" who are "investigating" and detaining them, then the police precincts have absolutely nothing to do with anything.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

  32. #28
    As much as I love Judge Napolitano, he selectively supports federalism. It gets annoying he is not consistent.

    Federalism and decentralization are wonderful assets to humanity. A specific population gets to live with their choices without it harming anyone else. The people of Portland and Oregon voted for this mess. Its their responsibility to clean it up. Obviously they either like or are willing to tolerate mob rule. Let it burn, it affects me in no way.

  33. #29
    You are terrified of a boogey man. Police state lover you are.

  34. #30
    Department of Homeland Security Report:

    Looks like the anarchists come out to destroy late night... go figure

    Bottom Line:
    As they have for the past 53 days, violent anarchists continue to riot on the streets of Portland as federal law enforcement officers work diligently and honorably to enforce federal law by defending federal property and the lives of their fellow officers.

    Attacks on federal personnel and property overnight have included attacks on Law Enforcement officers with commercial grade fireworks, hard projectiles, and lasers – which can cause permanent blindness. Last night violence was even more aggressive than previous nights as rioters once again tried to set fire to the federal courthouse and actively tried to breach the entrance of the courthouse. Rioters are also employing tactics that force federal officers to leave the Hatfield Federal Courthouse, setting them up to be attacked with lasers and projectiles.

    The Past 24 Hours:
    Around 7 p.m. local time a rioter attacked the Hatfield Federal Courthouse.

    There were well over 1,000 protestors gathered at the courthouse by 9:30; no DHS action was taken at that time as the crowd remained peaceful. Despite a no-fly zone around the courthouse, a drone was spotted in use.

    Around 10:20 p.m. local time, however, violent anarchists began their nightly assault of the courthouse. Rioters began to barricade the front of the courthouse and assaulted officers inside of the courthouse with lasers – which can cause permanent blindness.

    After repeated attacks from rioters, the plywood covering doors at the front of the courthouse began to buckle. A group of rioters also vandalized the south entrance to the courthouse with spray paint.

    In response to the rioters’ assault, federal officers were forced to leave the building in order to repel the mob. When they did so, they were immediately assaulted with lasers and a variety of other objects designed to inflict harm.

    Crowd control measures were deployed to try and redirect the large amount of people in the courthouse vicinity. Rioters responded by using cars to block movement on the street.

    Rioters then began using wooden boards to block the main courthouse entrance with officers inside. They also hurled projectiles at the front of the courthouse and charged the doors. There were also reports of individuals with baseball bats and a shopping cart full of bricks in front of the courthouse. DHS officers tried to direct the crowd away from the courthouse and were once again attacked by lasers.

    Around midnight rioters attempted to set the courthouse on fire, as they have done numerous times before. They also threw smoke bombs into the flames causing the interior of the courthouse to fill with smoke. In response, a team of federal officers was forced to leave the building, taking one individual into custody. When they did, a rioter threw a bag filled with hard objects at officers.

    Around 12:40 a.m. local time violent extremists attempted to set trash bags on fire in the vicinity of the courthouse. They then then began using old fencing and road blocks as a barrier at the front door and fired commercial grade fireworks at federal forces. Two Molotov cocktails were also thrown near the courthouse.

    At 1:39 a.m. local time, rioters ripped plywood off the front of the Courthouse and were able to expose the glass underneath. One rioter immediately started to break the glass under the cover of yet another laser attack from the mob.

    Later, rioters were able to tear down an entire panel of plywood protecting the building and proceeded to use part of the city’s abandoned fence from the park to attempt to block federal officers from exiting the building. When officers left the building in response, rioters responded by firing commercial grade fireworks at the officers.

    Rioters also destroyed a camera outside of the Edith Green Federal building, rendering it inoperable.

    One FPS officer suffered chemical burns from the fireworks that were being used during one of the many attacks

    There were 5 arrests conducted by DHS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. About Those Spooky Federal Cops in Portland
    By Brian4Liberty in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2020, 10:28 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 04:07 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
  5. Federal judge allows class-action status for immigrant fee challenge
    By disorderlyvision in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •