Thread: Trump is Dumb He Really Should be Using National Guard in Portland, Not Feds, Like JFK

Trump is Dumb He Really Should be Using National Guard in Portland, Not Feds, Like JFK

If you have to "do something" because nobody else is, and I understand that, the historical precedent to lean on would be JFK's use of National Guard during Civil Rights era, ex. Alabama Gov. George Wallace.

Guard is trained in quasi-law enforcement, and I don't want to set the precedent for a Biden to send federal goons with no name tags at me because I didn't get vaccinated.

Someone please tell Trump he was on the right track in doing something but this is losing him votes. Call out the Guard and them shepard dogs against Antifa. Then I don't care.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet even Rand wouldn't be against calling in Guard to Portland.

Trump cannot use the national guard to conduct law enforcement
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

He can't do that easily. He would have to federalize the national guard which is a huge escalation and arguably a major violation of states rights.

I believe it's up to the governor to call out the National Guard - not the president - and these governors have refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I believe it's up to the governor to call out the National Guard - not the president - and these governors have refused.
    What did JFK do when he sent the Guard to ensure Gov. Wallace follow the law? Federalizing the Guard is a big deal but its Constitutional. Trump is giving the libs ideas about what they could do to us if they hold power.

I expect folks will lose their minds over National Guards as much or more than Federal Law Enforcement. National Guard comes with much more militarized equipment. People are freaking out over minivans, wait to they see what the National Guard drive in with.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I expect folks will lose their minds over National Guards as much or more than Federal Law Enforcement. National Guard comes with much more militarized equipment. People are freaking out over minivans, wait to they see what the National Guard drive in with.
    To be honest, minivans with no accountability sounds worse than the national guard. But I may be wrong there. At least when it's clear who has the actual power, things might settle down a bit. Now it's more of an escalating thing. But those are just a few thoughts.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tim Pool said these were the fed agents they weren't the national guard.But i assume having rioting in a city for 52 days is completely rational and normal in a democratic society?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    If you have to "do something" because nobody else is, and I understand that, the historical precedent to lean on would be JFK's use of National Guard during Civil Rights era, ex. Alabama Gov. George Wallace.

Guard is trained in quasi-law enforcement, and I don't want to set the precedent for a Biden to send federal goons with no name tags at me because I didn't get vaccinated.

Someone please tell Trump he was on the right track in doing something but this is losing him votes. Call out the Guard and them shepard dogs against Antifa. Then I don't care.

Latest polls show 66% want law and order. Trump's support (48%) and approval (49%) shot up after an entire week of "law and order" type announcements. The week before he was 10 points behind Biden and low 40s in approval.

I'm of the opinion that if leftists want to vote for this behavior then let them have it. But eventually the question needs to be answered, how many days and how many buildings burned, how many businesses destroyed and civilians killed before anybody raises an eyebrow to the communist revolution?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I'd like to know where the Sheriff's department has been and what they are doing about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'd like to know where the Sheriff's department has been and what they are doing about all this.
    Haven't they being ordered to stand down as usual? if they had a none Liberal mayor this wouldn't had lasted 52+ days in Portland. The police would had probably cleared them all.

The problem i see in these cases these rioters are released as soon they are arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Haven't they being ordered to stand down as usual? if they had a none Liberal mayor this wouldn't had lasted 52+ days in Portland. The police would had probably cleared them all.

The problem i see in these cases these rioters are released as soon they are arrested.
    I didn't know the mayor had any say as to what the Sheriff's department does.

The Sheriff is elected and should be trying to keep his job by upholding his oath of office.

The National Guard was federalized a long time ago, funding...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I didn't know the mayor had any say as to what the Sheriff's department does.

The Sheriff is elected and should be trying to keep his job by upholding his oath of office.
    Not while your mayor has placed a stand down order.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump cannot use the national guard to conduct law enforcement
    There are rules about how he can but he can.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not while your mayor has placed a stand down order.
    The mayor has no authority over the sheriff. He's an elected county official.

The mayor has no authority over the sheriff. He's an elected county official.
    Yes does. His the mayor. If sheriff doesn't follow the order he can get easily replaced you know that right?

Yes does. His the mayor. If sheriff doesn't follow the order he can get easily replaced you know that right?
    You need to get informed as to the difference between a country and a city.

Sheriffs have different jurisdiction when it comes to city police.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post

I disagree. the national guard are not trustworthy at this point. Trump should have declared war in march

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Sheriffs have different jurisdiction when it comes to city police.
    In his defense they may not have sheriffs in Canada.

I'm sure rules vary everywhere, but in Georgia in my county as a county volunteer firefighter, we were told that anyone in the city has the right to ask for county fire response in addition to their city fire department. People living in the city pay city and county taxes. However I don't think many people knew about that option. If they had I think it would have been used more, because in some areas of the city, county fire stations were closer.

Most of the time for the really big fires, we had mutual aid and we were fortunate that political animosity never spilled over into our cooperation between agencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Ok which one of you mugs has a main line to Ivanka or got this thread to Trump via Rand? Let it never be said that RPF does not have a small but influential audience. Trump going with Guard makes the optics MUCH better than DHS federal goons. People can deal with that...that's what the Guard is FOR.

Trump threatens to deploy National Guard to quell Portland protests
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...land-protests/