Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking - St. Louis prosecutor announces charges against the McCloskey couple

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The law should not enforce wisdom any more than it should enforce morality.
    And they certainly shouldn't be held to a higher standard than law enforcement.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd have just turned on my yard sprinklers. It'd melt snowflakes.

Seriously a mob walks up the street. Your yard has yard sprinklers going. None of your neighbors do.

Who they gonna $#@! with?
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-27-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    That's a good question. They've been so quiet that I've forgotten about them.
    If we had one tenth the opsec and will the Marxists do, liberty folks by the thousands would have been on guard there.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Missouri Attorney General dismisses all charges against gun-toting McCloskeys

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...st-mccloskeys/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Missouri Attorney General dismisses all charges against gun-toting McCloskeys

UPDATE — Missouri Attorney General has NOT dismissed charges against gun-toting McCloskeys…

UPDATE

Law Enforcement Today, who published this story earlier today, just backtracked…

Law Enforcement Today Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story suggested all charges were dropped against the couple. That is not yet formally the case. The Missouri AG is still seeking to dismiss the case. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on this breaking story as new details become available.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ome-with-guns/

Great news!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    UPDATE — Missouri Attorney General has NOT dismissed charges against gun-toting McCloskeys…

UPDATE

Law Enforcement Today, who published this story earlier today, just backtracked…

Law Enforcement Today Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story suggested all charges were dropped against the couple. That is not yet formally the case. The Missouri AG is still seeking to dismiss the case. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on this breaking story as new details become available.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ome-with-guns/
    Probably just procedural at this point. The state AG and governor are both behind them. Kim Gardner has no case, shes likely just trying to make a name for herself so she can run for congress on a nation base of support.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Might have been better to go to trial, just to expose the corruption. Taking the gun apart and putting it together is so beyond the pale. This needed more attention.

But I'm happy for them, of course.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    There's a reason the McCloskeys became unglued. Their proper dinner party support for BLM turned into zoo escape.

It's one thing to watch the animals behind bars. It's quite another to watch them in your own backyard.
    Damn, outta rep ammo.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The despicable St. Louis prosecutor, Kim Gardner, fundraised off of her prosecution of the McCloskeys in order to get reelected. And now the attorney for the McCloskeys is asking the court to disqualify her from the case:

DAILY CALLER – Attorneys representing Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who displayed firearms after a group of protesters broke a gate and approached their private property, want St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner disqualified from the case after she cited her prosecution of the pair in a fundraising email for her re-election campaign.

The McCloskeys’s attorneys included in Wednesday’s motion two fundraising emails from Gardner’s reelection campaign that clearly referred to the McCloskey case, according to court documents reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“You might be familiar with the story of the couple who brandished guns during a peaceful protest outside their mansion,” a July 17 campaign email states, according to court documents.

The email went on to say that “President Trump and the Governor are fighting for the two who pointed guns at peaceful citizens during the Black Lives Matter protests” and later included a request for campaign donations, the court documents show.

“Ms. Gardner, via her campaign mailers, linked the criminal proceedings against [the McCloskeys] to her personal, financial and political interests,” Joel Schwartz, the couple’s attorney, wrote in the motion Wednesday.

“The standard for disqualification of a prosecutor is the same as that for a judge. A prosecutor (and a prosecutor’s offie as a whole when appropriate), should be disqualified where a reasonable person would have factual grounds to find an appearance of impropriety,” Schwartz added in Wednesday’s filing.

“Here, a reasonable person with access to all the facts would find that there was at least the appearance of impropriety, in that Ms. Gardner’s decision may have been affected by her personal, political, financial, and professional interests, and that her neutrality, judgment, and ability to administer the law in an objective manner may have been compromise,” he continued.

More at: https://therightscoop.com/mccloskeys...r-prosecution/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The probable cause statement against the McCloskeys written by St Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's underling was dripping with bias and filled with so many ridiculous falsehoods that the lead police detective investigating the case reportedly refused to sign at least two different versions.

Here's a shot of the statements lead investigator Sgt. Curtis Burgdorf refused to sign with the parts that were changed highlighted in yellow (click to enlarge):

From KSDK, "St. Louis prosecutor to detective on McCloskey case: 'I suggest you quickly reassess this evidence'":

The lead St. Louis police detective investigating the McCloskey case refused to sign at least two versions of court documents prosecutors drafted, according to a review of those documents obtained by 5 On Your Side.

In addition, police contend at least one person in the crowd was armed and another was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, after analyzing videos taken June 28, when the couple confronted protesters with guns.

[...] The documents obtained by 5 On Your Side include an email Gardner's Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley sent to the lead investigator on the case, Sgt. Curtis Burgdorf. Hinckley emailed police the day before the McCloskeys were served with a search warrant, stating it needed to happen "now."

"At this point, everything points to these weapons being real and loaded, but no one has asked or confirmed," he wrote. "Come trial, they'll say they were waiving around a BB gun and an air rifle."

[...] [Burgdorf] noted in follow up reports that at least one of the protesters was armed with a handgun, and another was wearing a bullet-resistant vest with the words, "Human Shield" on it.

Some of the phrases he was able to decipher from the footage collected by prosecutors from protesters included:

"You own a business. Your business is gone."

"We coming back baby."

"You ain't the only (expletive) with a gun."

"They coming back to your house."

In another livestream video, Burgdorf wrote a man was heard saying, "I was in front so I was the one who opened the gate. The gate was broken after they pulled a gun. What law did we break? We keep guns there but not for show though. Not to look a certain way, but for use. If they would've shot then they would've been put down."

The only thing Burgdorf wrote from what he could hear from the McCloskeys included Patricia McCloskey shouting "Go," as she pointed her gun at demonstrators.

More at: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=61623

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Because this couple was an embarrassment and demonstrated the complete WRONG way to defend one's life and property. Those groups don't want to be associated with that couple and rightfully so.
    The McCloskey's showed that even incompetent people can successfully defend themselves with firearms, while being vastly outnumbered, without anyone getting hurt. That's why they must be assailed by the horrific, grinding, unaccountable force of The Law, even while rabid hordes are Burning, Looting, and Murdering without consequence. This is Anarcho-Tyranny 101.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The McCloskey's showed that even incompetent people can successfully defend themselves with firearms, while being vastly outnumbered, without anyone getting hurt. That's why they must be assailed by the horrific, grinding, unaccountable force of The Law, even while rabid hordes are Burning, Looting, and Murdering without consequence. This is Anarcho-Tyranny 101.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yeah, they supported BLM until the iron gate didn't work any more. I wonder if Burn, Loot, & Mayhem will convince any of these die hards that cities are for Bolsheviks.
    Right, only matters when it shows up in your backyard.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Oh, and I have another question: just where the flying $#@! is NRA, GOA, Oathkeepers and half a dozen grifter groups I have donated thousands of dollars to over the years on this issue?

Well believe it or not, NAGR just came out with it....

FROM AN EMAIL:

Dear Matt,

In a time of unrest, staying vigilant is of utmost concern.

You and I both know anything can happen in seconds as rioters are hell-bent on looting and destroying public spaces.

They are taking whole cities by storm and are quickly moving their “demonstrations” to suburbia.

People are scared for their lives, scared their homes will be ransacked and burnt to the ground.

Police forces are being spread thin and are telling citizens that they cannot protect them.

We are seeing a massive influx of new gun owners solely because they are panic-stricken.

And one St. Louis couple demonstrated last month they would not stand idly by as rioters invaded their neighborhood.

Patricia and Mark McCloskey stood outside their home armed, ready to protect their lives if things went awry.

Unfortunately, the St. Louis couple has been constantly ridiculed for their actions.

Angry mobs dressed in black invaded their community, and the McCloskey’s feared for their lives and their home.

It was apparent they had to show force, and because of their actions, the protesters were deterred.

This is exactly why the Second Amendment was written -- to protect the rights of every honest, law-abiding citizen.

Without the right to keep and bear arms, this situation could’ve turned out even worse than we could imagine.

But now the brave couple is being charged with the “unlawful use of a weapon.”

Keep in mind, this is a felony charge for merely defending their own lives and home under Missouri’s Castle Doctrine Law!

“Missouri recognizes the ‘castle doctrine’ and allows residents to use force against intruders, without the duty to retreat, based on the notion that your home is your ‘castle.’ This legal doctrine assumes that if an invader disrupts the sanctity of your home, they intend to do you harm and therefore you should be able to repel their advances.”1
    Clearly, the McCloskeys were in fear of their lives and home, and though it wasn’t pretty, they were ready to protect both as a last resort.

And for that, the anti-gun media and a power-hungry prosecutor have drug their names and lives through the mud.

The good news is Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmit is moving to have the politically motivated charges dismissed.

But, Matt, the sad truth is this only happened because they’re fortunate to live in a pro-gun state.

Millions of American gun owners live in places where local officials abuse your Second Amendment rights every day.

That’s why we created the National Foundation for Gun Rights.

By donating to the National Foundation for Gun Rights, your contribution will help defend other pro-gun Americans under attack in the court of law.

So please click here to make your most generous TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution to help defend your right to self-defense.

You see, the Gun Control Lobby wants the American people to be left defenseless so they can get down to business shredding our U.S. Constitution.

They think they’re in charge and the rest of us should just do what we’re told.

If our constitutional freedoms are going to survive, we cannot allow ourselves to be muzzled.

You have skin in this “game,” and your action could not be more critical.

After all, the Second Amendment clearly states, “shall not be infringed.” In theory, we should never have to worry about gun control attacks.

But that’s not reality. Many judges don’t just rule on the law, and everyone knows it.

And you can be sure if the gun grabbers have a say, they will throw everything in the book at anyone who’s forced to use a gun in self-defense.

Frankly, I’m hoping you’ll consider going above and beyond what you’ve given to the National Foundation for Gun Rights in the past -- perhaps even $100, if you can.

And, of course, every dollar you contribute is tax-deductible.

I know that’s a lot to ask for, but this is serious.

If $100 is too much right now, please give as generously as you can -- whether that’s $50, or even $30.

I can’t stand the thought of leaving any battle to the gun grabbers.

But I also know that without your support, nothing we do would be possible.

So please click here to make your generous TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution of $100, $50, or $30 TODAY!

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Foundation for Gun Rights

P.S. The National Foundation for Gun Rights is donating to assist in the court case thrown at the St. Louis couple who stood ready to defend their lives and home.

You see, if we don’t step in, the Gun Control Lobby will throw everything in the book at folks just like the McCloskeys.

But this is your chance to help defend your fellow pro-gun Americans in court.

So please click here to make your generous TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution of $100, $50, or $30 TODAY!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

About damn time...good...I'll send them a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Well believe it or not, NAGR just came out with it....

FROM AN EMAIL:

[FONT="]

Dear Matt,

In a time of unrest, staying vigilant is of utmost concern.

You and I both know anything can happen in seconds as rioters are hell-bent on looting and destroying public spaces.

They are taking whole cities by storm and are quickly moving their “demonstrations” to suburbia.

People are scared for their lives, scared their homes will be ransacked and burnt to the ground.

Police forces are being spread thin and are telling citizens that they cannot protect them.

We are seeing a massive influx of new gun owners solely because they are panic-stricken.

And one St. Louis couple demonstrated last month they would not stand idly by as rioters invaded their neighborhood.

Patricia and Mark McCloskey stood outside their home armed, ready to protect their lives if things went awry.

Unfortunately, the St. Louis couple has been constantly ridiculed for their actions.

Angry mobs dressed in black invaded their community, and the McCloskey’s feared for their lives and their home.

It was apparent they had to show force, and because of their actions, the protesters were deterred.

This is exactly why the Second Amendment was written -- to protect the rights of every honest, law-abiding citizen.

Without the right to keep and bear arms, this situation could’ve turned out even worse than we could imagine.

But now the brave couple is being charged with the “unlawful use of a weapon.”

Keep in mind, this is a felony charge for merely defending their own lives and home under Missouri’s Castle Doctrine Law![/FONT]
    [FONT="] [/FONT]“Missouri recognizes the ‘castle doctrine’ and allows residents to use force against intruders, without the duty to retreat, based on the notion that your home is your ‘castle.’ This legal doctrine assumes that if an invader disrupts the sanctity of your home, they intend to do you harm and therefore you should be able to repel their advances.”1[FONT="]
    Clearly, the McCloskeys were in fear of their lives and home, and though it wasn’t pretty, they were ready to protect both as a last resort.

And for that, the anti-gun media and a power-hungry prosecutor have drug their names and lives through the mud.

The good news is Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmit is moving to have the politically motivated charges dismissed.

But, Matt, the sad truth is this only happened because they’re fortunate to live in a pro-gun state.

Millions of American gun owners live in places where local officials abuse your Second Amendment rights every day.

That’s why we created the National Foundation for Gun Rights.

By donating to the National Foundation for Gun Rights, your contribution will help defend other pro-gun Americans under attack in the court of law.

So please click here to make your most generous TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution to help defend your right to self-defense.

You see, the Gun Control Lobby wants the American people to be left defenseless so they can get down to business shredding our U.S. Constitution.

They think they’re in charge and the rest of us should just do what we’re told.

If our constitutional freedoms are going to survive, we cannot allow ourselves to be muzzled.

You have skin in this “game,” and your action could not be more critical.

After all, the Second Amendment clearly states, “shall not be infringed.” In theory, we should never have to worry about gun control attacks.

But that’s not reality. Many judges don’t just rule on the law, and everyone knows it.

And you can be sure if the gun grabbers have a say, they will throw everything in the book at anyone who’s forced to use a gun in self-defense.

Frankly, I’m hoping you’ll consider going above and beyond what you’ve given to the National Foundation for Gun Rights in the past -- perhaps even $100, if you can.

And, of course, every dollar you contribute is tax-deductible.

I know that’s a lot to ask for, but this is serious.

If $100 is too much right now, please give as generously as you can -- whether that’s $50, or even $30.

I can’t stand the thought of leaving any battle to the gun grabbers.

But I also know that without your support, nothing we do would be possible.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Foundation for Gun Rights

P.S. The National Foundation for Gun Rights is donating to assist in the court case thrown at the St. Louis couple who stood ready to defend their lives and home.

You see, if we don’t step in, the Gun Control Lobby will throw everything in the book at folks just like the McCloskeys.

But this is your chance to help defend your fellow pro-gun Americans in court.

So please click here to make your generous TAX-DEDUCTIBLE contribution of $100, $50, or $30 TODAY![/FONT]

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/stat...73037729587202
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

///

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

You shouldn't be allowed to post these type of videos, it makes enhanced_deficit and dementia patient RonZeplin cry.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You shouldn't be allowed to post these type of videos, it makes enhanced_deficit and dementia patient RonZeplin cry.
    "Everybody keep your hands off your weapons! Keep punching each other in the face but don't shoot anybody!"

"Everybody keep your hands off your weapons! Keep punching each other in the face but don't shoot anybody!"
    Murica 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Murica 2020

"Can ya believe the nerve of this guy...hanging over my shoulder like impending danger! Can ya believe, last week he asked me to be godfather to his kid...ya for $6000 I told him!"

St. Louis law enforcement officials said that they would not prosecute the nine Black Lives Matter protesters arrested and charged with trespassing during the racially charged incident at the McCloskeys' home.
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/mcclos...assing-charged
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Of course they won't.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This right here is some serious bull$#@!.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This right here is some serious bull$#@!.
    And nobody will do $#@! about it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-07-2020 at 03:07 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Grand Jury Indicts St. Louis Couple Who Used Guns to Hold Off Protesters

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ff-protesters/

AWR Hawkins 6 Oct 2020

A grand jury indicted Mark and Patricia McCloskey Tuesday on charges related to their June 28, 2020, use of guns to keep protesters away from their home.

KSDK reports that the grand jury indicted the McCloskeys on “exhibiting a weapon and tampering with evidence.”

Breitbart News reported that Mark held an AR-15 and Patricia held a handgun on June 28, in hopes of deterring protesters from damaging their home or property.

Video of the couple standing outside their home went viral:

A couple has come out of their house and is pointing guns at protesters in their neighborhood #StLouis #lydakrewson pic.twitter.com/ZJ8a553PAU

— Daniel Shular (@xshularx) June 29, 2020

Breitbart News reported an investigation was opened against the McCloskeys on June 30, just two days after they stood with guns to protect their property.

The New York Post quoted St. Louis Prosecutor Kimberly Gardner saying, “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protestors were met by guns.”

She added, “We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.”

But the Hill reported Missouri Gov. Mike Parson (R) believed the McCloskeys did that which was lawful, that they “did what they legally should do.”

Parson said, “A mob does not have the right to charge your property. They had every right to protect themselves.”

He suggested that he would pardon the McCloskeys if they were charged for their use of firearms.

Parson used a July 18, 2020, tweet to say, “We will not allow law-abiding citizens to be targeted for exercising their constitutional rights.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast