Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Unleashes His Secret Police in Portland

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Why did they wait 50 days to start? (Hint: It sure as hell isn't because they give a damn about protecting people and property ...)
    [...] if they dont care protecting people and property what makes you think that rioters care about Justice for Floyd or police reforms at this point? [...]
    I don't (and never did) - because they don't (and never did) ...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I never supported the police state until [...]
    Deep State sez: "Mission Accomplished ..."
    Nah, they are pretty much $#@!ting their pants right now.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of us have been saying that they will foment social unrest by having local cops stand down so that the terrified populace begs for more police state. Happening in key locations of course. This COULD NOT happen in most southern states. It’s obvious that it’s working because most of the regulars on a “liberty” forum don’t see through all this manipulation. Why are we okay with federal buildings being built in any state that requires soldiers to throw dumb ass 20 year olds into minivans and disappear them? Not only that but cheer it on? That’s a very slippery slope.

I don’t care for these Antifa $#@!s. Get that straight.

Incrementalism. Learn it. Conservatives loving their police state is every bit as harmful to liberty as the leftists supporting Antifa. The only difference is that your burkas are different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    A lot of us have been saying that they will foment social unrest by having local cops stand down so that the terrified populace begs for more police state. Happening in key locations of course. This COULD NOT happen in most southern states. It’s obvious that it’s working because most of the regulars on a “liberty” forum don’t see through all this manipulation. Why are we okay with federal buildings being built in any state that requires soldiers to throw dumb ass 20 year olds into minivans and disappear them? Not only that but cheer it on? That’s a very slippery slope.

Incrementalism. Learn it. Conservatives loving their police state is every bit as harmful to liberty as the leftists supporting Antifa. The only difference is that your burkas are different colors.
    Honestly though, we've mentioned it in this thread before. Mob groups that use violence and intimidation for political gain are eerily similar to what happened in Germany in the 1930s. In fact the WORST of the tyrants on record used this strategy to come into power. They didn't just start at the top and slam everyone beneath them —too obvious.

I don't care for police states. Get that straight.

Incrementalism. Learn it. Liberals loving their violent mobs is every bit as harmful to liberty as the rightists supporting secret police. The only difference is that your burkas are different colors.

Frankly we have been EXTREMELY and unduly tolerant of this mob behavior. In Atlanta, Mayor Bottoms, who apparently wants to be president one day, let the mob run wild on University Blvd until finally an 8 year old girl was shot dead just because her parent driving the car was trying to use the road like a normal person. It was black on black crime, but of course that didn't get near the amount of news media coverage as the black guy who was shot while trying to fire a taser at a white officer.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-20-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I never supported the police state until the marxists tried a violent take over and Trump was President.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slave Mentality again.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Southern States wouldn’t let dipsh T# kids occupy a city for 2 months, graffitiing & stopping people from making a living.

Cut the baloney & stop defending obvious criminality

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slave Mentality again.
    Incrementally moving toward a more Constitutional and free society? I'll take it..

Sorry, but when the "Secret Police" are just enforcing property rights, it's not exactly a dystopian nightmare.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Honestly though, we've mentioned it in this thread before. Mob groups that use violence and intimidation for political gain are eerily similar to what happened in Germany in the 1930s. In fact the WORST of the tyrants on record used this strategy to come into power. They didn't just start at the top and slam everyone beneath them —too obvious.

I don't care for police states. Get that straight.

Incrementalism. Learn it. Liberals loving their violent mobs is every bit as harmful to liberty as the rightists supporting secret police. The only difference is that your burkas are different colors.

Frankly we have been EXTREMELY and unduly tolerant of this mob behavior. In Atlanta, Mayor Bottoms, who apparently wants to be president one day, let the mob run wild on University Blvd until finally an 8 year old girl was shot dead just because her parent driving the car was trying to use the road like a normal person. It was black on black crime, but of course that didn't get near the amount of news media coverage as the black guy who was shot while trying to fire a taser at a white officer.
    I am fortunate that I am no longer stuck in the "liberal" and "conservative" continuum and see both sides as equally dangerous to my liberty. We agree on that. We also agree that we are seeing a lot of 1930's Germany happening.

My suggestion for Atlanta's residents is take care of your own problems and quit asking Mayor Bottoms and Governor Kemp to fix your $#@!.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 07-20-2020 at 01:43 PM.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1285270380127629315
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Remind me why these business owners are disarmed?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1285270380127629315
    So Rand Paul is for riots counting more riots? the problem with the police in these cities is that they had received a stand down order. Is Rand Paul even aware that many of these protesters arent even protesters but rioters right?

They had being rioting for 52 days+
    The police arent doing anything to stop the rioting.

Its clear the solution these cities and states is to remove these democrat leaders by election. Because they are the ones who seem who want these riots to continue.

I am fortunate that I am no longer stuck in the "liberal" and "conservative" continuum and see both sides as equally dangerous to my liberty. We agree on that. We also agree that we are seeing a lot of 1930's Germany happening.

My suggestion for Atlanta's residents is take care of your own problems and quit asking Mayor Bottoms and Governor Kemp to fix your $#@!.

^^^^^This this this!^^^^^

The longer this $#@! goes on, the more uncomfortable it gets even for those who haven't clued in yet, and the more reasonable your sensible suggestion begins to look to them. It's already happening in some places. It'll happen more as time goes on.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

It's long past time to resist and defy on this front as well. Start taking our freedom back and never give it up again.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by freedomlady View Post
    Most people support the
    police state until they
    become a victim of it.
    So what is your opinion of the Ruby Ridge? That's where Randy Weaver's wife Vicki was murdered by a sniper.

What is your opinion of the Bundy affair a few years ago? What is your opinion of Ammon Bundy leading a mask protest in Idaho last week?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I will admit that was my opinion as well, initially.

However, it seems to be unreasonable when you take it to extremes. Someone stole your weed-whacker? Deal with it yourself. Bank committed fraud against you? Deal with it yourself. Someone murdered your kid? Deal with it yourself. These examples are the very reasons we have a government in the first place. Granted, 99.99999 percent of the time the government is out doing things it isn't supposed to be doing. Then it actually fulfills its purpose and someone comes on here trying to make us feel guilty because, well, we actually don't really mind.

I'm sorry, but sometimes relying on a sudden groundswell of generic people to rise up and restore order just isn't practical. For one, we talk a lot of talk about how these things would play out in libertarianopia, but by and large it rarely happens, and even if it does happen, it doesn't always turn into the ideal outcome that so many people seem to think it would be. I mean, we all saw what CHOP/CHAZ/whatever looked like. No government for weeks, and by the time all the crackhead animals moved into the zoo, it didn't look like a destination I'd ask my travel agent to arrange a vacation for me.

Supposing you could get a citizens militia to rise up and patrol the streets, it's not far fetched to think someone else raises one to contest your authority (I mean, what right do you have, after all?), and I'm just scratching my head as to how that is somehow less divisive than the people on here who claim we're just stuck in red team/blue team nonsense.

Let's be clear: We're chastised for not reaching out to people on the left because we disagree with them now, but if the system breaks down and this plays out like I predict it will, it's somehow fine if we devolve into a 'might-makes-right' form of unofficial governance. Which, ironically, in essence, becomes a government by any other name. I just don't see it as a preferable outcome.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but I really wish we'd think it all the way through, and consider all possible consequences. It seems much less an invitation for tragedy for these people to be arrested and tried by a government (even if it doesn't have the specific authority), because we all know that from the ashes of civil unrest, a "hero" politician rises to 'greatness'.

I support their right to a fair trial, but that's as far as I go. I do not think it is acceptable for them to continue to ruin the lives of people who are left at the mercy of what are essentially self-appointed warlords.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-20-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Why do people bother with fake troll questions that are mental masturbation and just used to make fools out of the entire forum? It's not like we're politicians in a debate and have to sweat over every question.

Just because someone lays out an issue doesn't mean you have to invest all your sweat equity.

I thought this was an activist forum. I suggest focusing on issues where you can make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Local law enforcement should be handling this but they aren't, there are corrupt officials protecting and enabling these riots who in a just world would be getting bagged themselves.

An over abundance of Federal, State, and local laws,, in conjunction with 50 years of anti-Gun programing.

disarmed people of the cities are caught between Gangs.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

However, it seems to be unreasonable when you take it to extremes. Someone stole your weed-whacker? Deal with it yourself. Bank committed fraud against you? Deal with it yourself. Someone murdered your kid? Deal with it yourself. These examples are the very reasons we have a government in the first place. Granted, 99.99999 percent of the time the government is out doing things it isn't supposed to be doing. Then it actually fulfills its purpose and someone comes on here trying to make us feel guilty because, well, we actually don't really mind.

I'm sorry, but sometimes relying on a sudden groundswell of generic people to rise up and restore order just isn't practical. For one, we talk a lot of talk about how these things would play out in libertarianopia, but by and large it rarely happens, and even if it does happen, it doesn't always turn into the ideal outcome that so many people seem to think it would be. I mean, we all saw what CHOP/CHAZ/whatever looked like. No government for weeks, and by the time all the crackhead animals moved into the zoo, it didn't look like a destination I'd ask my travel agent to arrange a vacation for me.

Supposing you could get a citizens militia to rise up and patrol the streets, it's not far fetched to think someone else raises one to contest your authority (I mean, what right do you have, after all?), and I'm just scratching my head as to how that is somehow less divisive than the people on here who claim we're just stuck in red team/blue team nonsense.

Let's be clear: We're chastised for not reaching out to people on the left because we disagree with them now, but if the system breaks down and this plays out like I predict it will, it's somehow fine if we devolve into a 'might-makes-right' form of unofficial governance. Which, ironically, in essence, becomes a government by any other name. I just don't see it as a preferable outcome.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but I really wish we'd think it all the way through, and consider all possible consequences. It seems much less an invitation for tragedy for these people to be arrested and tried by a government (even if it doesn't have the specific authority), because we all know that from the ashes of civil unrest, a "hero" politician rises to 'greatness'.

I support their right to a fair trial, but that's as far as I go. I do not think it is acceptable for them to continue to ruin the lives of people who are left at the mercy of what are essentially self-appointed warlords.
    Wisdom speaks.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    An over abundance of Federal, State, and local laws,, in conjunction with 50 years of anti-Gun programing.

disarmed people of the cities are caught between Gangs.
    Obviously that's exactly where they belong, afterall they asked for this exact scenario.

Where did the kidnapped ones go and are they back?

Heard that some folks who have been snatched up were released without being charged

The United States is not Russia, China or Iran were these people are killed & never heard from again

Honestly Federal law enforcement has shown nice amount of restraint
    Last edited by vita3; 07-20-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

Honestly Federal law enforcement has shown nice amount of restraint
    What I have heard too,, and I am not even a Fan..

Sis in law is happy they are there.. She has been living through it for a while.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What I have heard too,, and I am not even a Fan..

Sis in law is happy they are there.. She has been living through it for a while.
    Which goes to @slavementality's point. In a masterful way they've conned both "sides" into supporting federalized local police over the same contrived unrest. Which, quite frankly, is one of the worst things that could possibly happen. Despite the schadenfreude I experience watching...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they could protect themselves then when the local cops are forced to stand-down, federalized police wouldn't be necessary.

EXACTLY!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    Which goes to @slavementality's point. In a masterful way they've conned both "sides" into supporting federalized local police over the same contrived unrest. Which, quite frankly, is one of the worst things that could possibly happen. Despite the schadenfreude I experience watching...

"You must spread some Reputation around..."
    Chris

I get it man. I have been around for some years too. I am not necessarily advocating for everyone to go out and buy ARs and start wandering the streets like Mogadishu. What I am saying, and it appears to miss the mark because I don't spend much time with flowery words, is that YOU are ultimately responsible for your life. This includes security. If we need governments (I disagree with this premise) to provide this then it is the people that live within these systems (Atlanta for our example) to do what it takes to make it work. That includes many options. Mine would be to move the hell away from Mogadishu. I do understand that's not an option for some and for those I feel bad for. They have options as well, unless we want to classify our fellow humans as helpless.

I don't subscribe to Libertopia or Anarchoheaven, but do know that government has never been the answer. The biggest, baddest, and most violent warlord in history is already roaming the streets. Might already does make right. They just wear suits, live in mansions, and have drivers.

Most of us agree with limited government. Very limited. That's not what this is.

To summarize: I prefer to take my chances living in possible chaos than live in certain tyranny. I know that sounds strange at first, but it's the only way for me. I don't get insulted around here, so I hope my response doesn't come across as any kind of attack. I know who the enemies are and you aren't one of them.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast