Thread: Eric Brakey explains his loss

Post Eric Brakey explains his loss

From his latest Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/13331299301...8667477880187/

Thank you everyone for all your support during this long campaign.

Now that the campaign is over, I want to share with you just a bit of the shadow politics that went on behind the scenes during this race for the Republican Primary.

For weeks, our campaign was hammered with false attacks from the American Policy Fund, a mysterious Super PAC with the same treasurer as John Bolton PAC.

APF spent $400k on false attack ads against our campaign — and they used “dead-end disclosure” to conceal their donors by funneling donors through a 501c4 (effectively laundering the money).

There is much we are still learning about this PAC, but GOP sources told me a few months ago that powerful establishment forces in Washington didn’t want me in Congress — and were increasingly concerned with my frontrunner position as Election Day approached.

They didn’t care if it was Dale Crafts or Adrienne Bennett — just not me. Why is that?

It certainly wasn’t for electability reasons. Our campaign had the strongest fundraising, the strongest ground game and the clearest message.

In the words relayed to me by one of my sources, “They are afraid you are going to be the next Justin Amash.”

(Translation — the GOP establishment was afraid I wouldn’t be someone who does what I‘m told.)

What would have given them that idea?

Perhaps it was the last 8 years of my being a thorn in the side of the National GOP Establishment.

It started when we beat Ben Ginsberg (one of Mitt Romney’s top strategists) at the 2012 Maine GOP Convention.

Then it continued when we fought back at the 2012 National Convention, objecting from the floor when the RNC and the Romney Campaign striped Maine of its elected delegates (replacing us with handpicked Romney supporters) and pushed a power grab through the rules.

When Maine Republicans gave me the honor to represent them at the 2016 Republican National Convention, I fought on the Platform Committee to challenge unconstitutional wars and declassify 28 pages in the 9/11 Report on Saudi links to the hijackers. This put me at odds with much of the foreign policy establishment.

Fast forward. About two months ago, there was a big effort by the GOP establishment to recruit President Donald Trump to endorse against me.

(Again, they didn’t care if he endorsed Dale Crafts or Adrienne Bennett — they just wanted to stop our campaign.)

Thankfully, President Trump didn’t take the bait. I’m told Senator Rand Paul called Trump personally to set the record straight. (As always, Rand Paul stood up to the establishment for all of us fighting for liberty in Maine.)

They couldn’t get Trump to do their bidding, so instead the GOP establishment flooded our state with a half million in attack ads (through their dark money Super PAC) to smear my name and defeat our campaign.

The establishment was right to be afraid of us — and they should continue to be afraid.

One campaign for Congress is just a single battle in the war for our nation, and #WeThePeople are coming for them. #FreeAmerica

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah, read this on FB
    just me

she's a real demagogue. She'll go in the history books trash pile of relics and nobody's whereas Eric has a bright future ahead of him.
    just me

For weeks, our campaign was hammered with false attacks from the American Policy Fund, a mysterious Super PAC with the same treasurer as John Bolton PAC.
    The neoconservative swamp creatures always creeping around in the shadows. Brakey should have lobbied Trump for an endorsement based on the John Bolton opposition.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The neoconservative swamp creatures always creeping around in the shadows. Brakey should have lobbied Trump for an endorsement based on the John Bolton opposition.
    Exactly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Also anybody know where was Rand with the air support?

This is very unfortunate. Another great liberty candidate sunk by the neocon faction.

Which brings my next point, why do we still allow RPF trolls here like @enhanced_deficit who promotes Bolton's books and rumors when they're clearly organized to attack people who do not want war?
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF is to troll:

Nobody spends this much time copy & pasting the same recycled links, photos & talking points. Does anybody even know where this troll stands on any issue?

7 years and 25k posts later, the forum still does nothing & members still think they're replying to real posts

Know the deceptions of a paid troll HERE (Post #3)

More 2020 bad news, ugh.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    More 2020 bad news, ugh.
    Here I was thinking that the second half of 2020 was gonna be good.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Here I was thinking that the second half of 2020 was gonna be good.
    You should disabuse yourself of that notion to avoid more disappointment. It's not getting better.
    "The Patriarch"