Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request for your favorite anti-white bias articles, books, videos, etc

Subsidies for minivans: Hungarian government paying citizens to start families, but only the "right" kinds of families

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hungary...es-2020-03-22/

A program in Hungary is offering cash to couples for having kids, but the reasoning for it echoes some of Europe's darkest chapters. Jon Wertheim reports on the anti-immigrant motivation to "keep Hungary Hungarian."

2020 Mar 22 By Jon Wertheim

Just as Hungary sits in the middle of Europe, so too, does it reside at the gravitational center of the right-wing populist movement: a worldwide shift impacting countries from Poland to the Philippines. By today's definition, populism unlocks national pride and nostalgia while taking a hardline stance on immigration. But what does it look like on the ground? We went to Hungary to see populism in practice, examining a specific government program, designed to stimulate birthrate in the face of a sharply declining population. The Hungarian government has taken over most private fertility clinics, offering free treatments, and also gives away cash, loans and even, get this, subsidies to buy minivans to young couples who become new parents. It's an effort to, "keep Hungary Hungarian," as the slogan goes. But peel back the layers and it reveals something else entirely: social engineering designed to yield only a certain kind of Hungarian baby.

It's an almost relentlessly pleasant Saturday outside of Budapest. The Skanzen Park has been transformed into a festival of good, clean all-ages fun, balloons and comic books and piggy-backs. It's the annual celebration sponsored by Hungary's Association of Large Families and for the first time there is a mass wedding, five couples embarking on marriage in front of hundreds of their closest friends.

Katalin Novak, Hungary's Minister of State for Family and Youth Affairs is on-hand as well, spreading the government's message of clan and country.

"It is good to share their joy," Novak said. "Which is why the government protects the marriage of man and woman, and why we protect the families and children in Hungary."

She spearheads what is termed the Family Protection Action Plan. This sweeping government program was unveiled last year at a cost of $2.5 billion, that's 5% of Hungary's GDP and four times what the country spends on military. The plan offers couples who have three kids a subsidy to get one of those minivans.

"I mean, the car sounds nice," Zoltan Benko, one of the grooms from the day's mass wedding, said. "But two, three kids. I-- I mean-- I mean, I think that's-- that's all we can handle right now. I mean, even in imaginary terms."

It's not just minivans they're offering. Almost like a prize list at an arcade. The mere promise to have one child gets you a $30,000 loan. Rates are slashed after two kids and forgiven after three. Commit to having four kids or more? Mom doesn't have to pay income tax for life.

Terms and conditions apply and the plan isn't open to everyone. But it does address a huge problem that the country faces: A low birth rate and the hemorrhaging of people. Hungary's population, now under 10 million, has declined for 37 straight years.

It's a curious place, Hungary, a mix of Eastern and Western Europe. Its capital, Budapest is a regal city, divided by the Danube, Buda on one side and Pest on the other. It trades on its classic grandeur and nods to the past. Budapest has long been a city of sensual pleasures and its thermal baths, "taking the waters," as it's called, has adjusted for the times. The place has a language and cuisine like no other. And for centuries, Hungary has been a sort of territorial football, passed around among Turks and Germans, Hapsburgs and Communists. After World War II, Hungary was part of the Soviet bloc.

In 1989 Hungary set off a chain of events that brought down the Berlin wall.

"In May, Hungary began cutting down the barbed wire, becoming the first East Bloc country with an open border," CBS News' Anthony Mason reported at the time.

Hungary might have been the first country to puncture the Iron Curtain, but 30 years later, it is at the vanguard of the European right.

So much so that Hungarians we asked, struggled to characterize the country's current form of government.
    60-0322-hungary70.jpg
    Anna Donath

Anna Donath is a Hungarian member of the European Parliament and a leader of the Momentum Party, a political upstart which opposes the government that's now been in power for ten years.

"Do you not feel you're living in a democracy right now?" correspondent Jon Wertheim asked Donath.

"Well, it's a tricky question, because by law and regulation, it's a democratic country," Donath said. "It would be too easy to say that-- that it's a dictatorship. It's not. It's clearly not. We can say that it's an autocratic regime, but autocracy is a scale."

Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban certainly doesn't see himself as an autocrat. He popularized a term to describe his regime, "illiberal democracy." You heard that right: illiberal democracy. It's a system governed by a forceful ruler with a public that won't or can't fall out of step.

Editor's Note: The Hungarian government is currently seeking to extend, indefinitely, a state of emergency imposed across the country due to the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report from Reuters. Legislation submitted March 20, 2020, would send people to prison for up to five years for spreading false information or hindering measures aimed at containing the spread of the virus. The proposal would give virtually unlimited powers to the government with no clear end date, think tank Political Capital said.

The European Union has deep concerns about Hungary's membership. It recently voted to sanction the country, accusing Orban of systematically rolling back democracy and it has leveled charges that read like a sort of strongman's playbook: redrawing voting districts, rewriting the constitution, restricting freedom of speech and stacking the courts.

Orban's policies, though, have been delivered not as brutally forceful blows, but as well-placed jabs: gradual, subtle, and, arguably, above the belt. Orban and his manipulative maneuvers provoke outrage among opponents but also draw a measure of grudging respect.

"He's a genius in one hand," Donath said when asked how she would describe Orban. "He's a political strategist."

"You take serious his power?" Wertheim asked Donath.

"Well, actually, you can feel it in your skin in everyday life in Hungary, you feel that—his power," Donath said. "There is a higher power, a big brother, watching you everywhere, listening what you are saying."
    60-0322-hungary110.jpg
    Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban

Orban's creeping control is presented as reasonable public policy. On the face of it, the Family Protection Plan does make it easier for families to have kids.

But it doesn't take much to shade into something darker. Just listen to the speaker of Hungary's Parliament at a conference last September: "In Europe, those who propagate that having children is a private matter, are serving the culture of death," he said. "Countries with declining population are becoming houses of coffins and not cradles."

"That sounds very dystopian," Wertheim said to Donath. "Very dramatic."

"You're right. And it's absolutely horrifying," Donath said. "And me, as a young woman who just got married and wants to start a family, I'm sorry, but I don't want to accept that my prime minister, my government, the state wants to tell me what kind of family and how I should start with. And they are actually blaming me that I'm 32 and I don't have a kid yet."

"Do you feel that?" Wertheim asked.

"And they said that I'm supporting the culture of death, whatever it means," Donath said. "Actually, this makes us really, really angry."

And she highlights a glaring irony in all this. The same government that strenuously tries to boost population, also goes to extraordinary lengths to keep non-Hungarians out. In 2015, hundreds of thousands of refugees and migrants, most from the Middle East, passed through Hungary. They were told they were not welcome to stay.

"We must state that we do not want to be diverse and do not want to be mixed," Orban said in a speech last year. "We do not want our color, traditions and national culture to be mixed with those of others. We do not want to be a diverse country."

Peter Kreko, a social psychologist, is head of the Political Capital Institute, a Budapest think tank. He said that though Hungary is overwhelmingly white, Orban paints migrants as the enemy, a threat to Hungary's homogeneity.

"Stories being that refugees and migrants are all around," Kreko said. "They are stabbing the people. They are raping the women. They are killing everyone. There is no rule of law."

"How does this new family protection plan," Wertheim asked Kreko, "how does that fit into Orbán's overall strategy?"

"How does it fit in one sentence? 'We don't want migrants. We want-- want Hungarian mothers to give birth to more children,'" Kreko said. "This is how we want to solve the demographic crisis."
    60-0322-hungary220.jpg
    Peter Kreko

For Prime Minister Orban it reduces to a simple concept: procreation, not immigration. He did what President Trump promised to do. In 2015, Orban slammed Hungary's gates shut, building, essentially, a border wall, a $500 million fence 180 miles long on the southern border with Serbia.

Laszlo Toroczkai, the mayor of the small border town of Ásotthalom, was one of the loudest voices urging the Hungarian government to erect the fence. When he got his wish, he became something of a populist, cult hero.

"This is about preserving, we keep hearing, 'European values,'" Wertheim said to Toroczkai. "What does that mean?"

"For me, the-- the European culture, the-- the European values are the classical music. Mozart. Beethoven. Tchaikovsky," Toroczkai said.

It goes beyond pleasures of the ear, though. He also objects to mixing tastes.

"The foods, the European foods," Toroczkai said. "For example, the doner, kebab, in Berlin, Budapest. I would like to eat the Doner Kebab in Istanbul."

"We're spending a half a billion dollars on a fence to keep out Doner Kebabs?" Wertheim asked.

"You know-- we need this border fence to preserve our-- our safe country," Toroczkai said.

In the same town, we found Sandor Nagy, who's part of the mayor's posse, patrolling for migrants. You might think he would be precisely the kind of person to benefit from the Family Protection Plan. After all, he and his wife moved from Budapest to raise their eight children in this pastoral paradise. But he's excluded, not enough savings to qualify.

"This really helps families if they have enough capital and their own money," Nagy says "but I think there are many families in the country who do not have their own basic capital and the plan cannot help them."
    60-0322-hungary40.jpg

And they are not alone. Other Hungarians have found themselves ineligible because they are gay, unmarried, divorced. Read the fine print, and this becomes clear: The Family Protection Plan only seeks to protect what the government sees as the right kinds of families. Prime Minister Orban seldom speaks to western media, but we did speak with Secretary of State Katalin Novak, who says the plan is entirely consistent with Hungarian values.

"We speak about not only preserving Western civilization, we also, to say it openly, that Christian culture we would like to preserve," Novak said.

"Christian culture?" Wertheim asked.

"Yeah, that's the way of life in Europe, in Hungary, that we have a Christian way of life," Novak said.

"When you hear your colleagues in government, including the prime minister, talk about ethnic homogeneity and the dangers of-- of mixing blood and purity," Wertheim said, "can you see how people perhaps don't hear echoes of some of Europe's darker chapters in those remarks?"

"It makes me upset, because I think it means that people who-- who-- who have this interpretation either don't really know what they are talking about, or don't know Hungary," Novak said.

"You're saying, there's no code in that," Wertheim said. "There's no code when we talk about 'keep Hungary Hungarian' or pure Hungarians, or we talk in terms of purity. There's no--"

"But again, you say pure Hungarian. Why? What-- we don't say that," Novak said. "We say, 'Keep Hungary Hungarian,' that's true. We say that."

While more than 100,000 couples have already taken advantage of the incentives, it's too early to tell whether the Family Protection Plan will actually be effective, whether it will cause the desired population bounce or deepen a rift in Hungary, much like the Danube cleaves Budapest.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Subsidies for minivans: Hungarian government paying citizens to start families, but only the "right" kinds of families

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hungary...es-2020-03-22/
    And she highlights a glaring irony in all this. The same government that strenuously tries to boost population, also goes to extraordinary lengths to keep non-Hungarians out. In 2015, hundreds of thousands of refugees and migrants, most from the Middle East, passed through Hungary. They were told they were not welcome to stay.

"We must state that we do not want to be diverse and do not want to be mixed," Orban said in a speech last year. "We do not want our color, traditions and national culture to be mixed with those of others. We do not want to be a diverse country."
    In this case the Hungarian government is enacting policies in favor of white procreation but I think your point is another government like in America could just as well create a law explicitly anti-white. Not hard to imagine. Thanks.

Maybe I missed it but didn't see anything about why declining population there is a problem. I'd guess they need more workers to prop up a Ponzi government retirement scheme

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My level of Negro Fatigue just doubled.

Hat Tip to @jkr

‘Lean Into it Until Death!’ – Special Education Teacher Encourages Black Lives Matter to Kill White Baby in Viral Photo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...y-viral-photo/

By Cristina Laila Published July 22, 2020 at 3:30pm

Brian Papin, a Special Education teacher at Cedar Grove High School in Atlanta, Georgia encouraged the Black Lives Matter supporter kneeling on a white baby’s neck in a viral photo to “lean into it until death.”

TGP’s Cassandra Fairbanks on Wednesday reported on a photograph of a man kneeling on the neck of a white baby while another person holds the diapered child’s arms is stirring up a massive amount of rage on social media.

In the photo, a man named Isaiah Jackson is seen kneeling on the neck of his girlfriend’s two year old son as another person holds down the diaper-clad baby’s feet. The photo was captioned with “Blm now mf.”

The viral photo caught the attention of special ed teacher Brian Papin.

Instead of condemning the horrific act, Papin encouraged more violence toward the innocent baby in a Facebook post.

“Again! Your doing it wrong! One knee on the center of the back one one the neck and lean into it until death! You saw the video! Get it right or stop $#@!ing around!” Papin said in a Facebook comment.

According to Brian Papin’s LinkedIn page, he has been a special education teacher at Cedar Grove High School since July 2018.

The Clark County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed to Gateway Pundit that he is “100% certain” that charges will be filed against those responsible for the photo of a two-year-old baby being held down as his mother’s boyfriend kneeled on his neck.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

“100% certain”
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Yep, saw the knee on the baby in the other thread. Concerning the teacher, below shows he doesn't work at the school anymore but due to firing or resigning is still not clarified:
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...244465412.html

EDIT 7/28/2020: He resigned - https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...AP5ZCFBZF7R2E/

Also regarding the NYT podcast that's coming out, RT reviewed a preview of it:
    However, integrating schools was easier said than done, as the New York school board episode proved: when the school was finally built, close to the white neighborhood as those “nice white parents” suggested, they (according to the podcast, at least) refused - every single one! - to send their own kids there. Host Chana Joffe-Walt cheerfully ends the segment by posing the question “What is getting in the way of giving each child an equal opportunity, an equal education?” and hinting the answer lies not with the schools themselves, but with Whitey.

I think you can’t understand what’s broken [in our school systems] if you don’t look here, at one of the most powerful forces shaping public education: white parents.
    Also regarding a draft of the DNC platform:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-and-too-evil/
    The Democrat National Committee draft platform for its 2020 convention mentions “whites” a total of 15 times, each of them within a “damning” context — a detail first noticed by the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard.

“In more than 80 pages in the draft platform published by Politico, whites are mentioned 15 times, all critical, including three references to white supremacy or supremacists and one to white nationalists,” Bedard writes.

He adds, “In most mentions, the reference is to how whites are better off at the expense of others. And the promise often is to ‘close the gap’ between minorities and whites, though no solutions are offered.”

If this is a legitimate draft, the fact that it’s a merely a draft means nothing. It still reveals how ugly the Democrat Party has become and how ugly and divisive the future will be, should this approach to national politics ever prevail.

Democratic National Committee platform mentions ‘whites’ 15 times, all damning

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...es-all-damning

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
    | July 23, 2020 11:58 AM

Print this article

The draft 2020 Democratic National Committee platform being circulated in Washington aims to reinforce the view that liberals are best situated to battle for minorities seeking higher wages, better housing and jobs, and more money for schools.

With the August convention coming on the heels of the Black Lives Matter protests, it features support for the movement and an expanded pledge to root out racism.

The preamble says, “We will give hate no safe harbor. We will never amplify or legitimize the voices of bigotry, racism, misogyny, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, or white supremacy.”

In promising change, it sets up one group that has it too good and is holding minorities back: whites.
    Recommended For You
    186,700 illegal immigrants from 130 nations stopped by Trump’s coronavirus border closure

In more than 80 pages in the draft platform published by Politico, whites are mentioned 15 times, all critical, including three references to white supremacy or supremacists and one to white nationalists. The document doesn’t capitalize white as it does Black, Latinos, Asian Americans, and Native Americans.

In most mentions, the reference is to how whites are better off at the expense of others. And the promise often is to “close the gap” between minorities and whites, though no solutions are offered.

While the nation elected its first black president in 2008, racial issues still rage, and that is a huge factor in former Vice President Joe Biden's consideration of a running mate in time for the Democratic National Convention, where the platform will be confirmed.

Typical in it is the reference to the wage gap between whites and minorities, which the party document said “is hurting our working class and holding our country back.” The theme in much of the document is that America is divided between whites and minorities, the situation is unfair and needs to be remedied, and that most issues, even military court-martials, are a racial crisis.

Below are the 15 references to whites:

We will never amplify or legitimize the voices of bigotry, racism, misogyny, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, or white supremacy.
    Median incomes are lower and poverty rates are higher for Black Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, and some Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, compared to median white households.
    And there is a persistent, pernicious racial wealth gap that holds millions of Americans back, with the typical white household holding six times more wealth than the typical Latino family and 10 times more wealth than the typical Black family.
    The wage gap between Black workers and white workers is higher today than it was 20 years ago.
    It takes a typical Black woman 19 months to earn what a typical white man earns in 12 months — and for typical Latinas and Native American women, it takes almost two years.
    Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, the uninsured rate was nearly three times higher for Latinos and nearly twice as high for Black Americans as it was for whites.
    Black children are far more likely than white children to suffer from asthma.
    Latinos, Native Americans, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Black Americans are diagnosed with diabetes at higher rates than whites.
    Black women are more than three times as likely to die from complications of pregnancy and childbirth compared to white women.
    President Trump’s words and actions have given safe harbor and encouragement to bigots, anti-Semites, Islamophobes, and white supremacists.
    The extreme gap in household wealth and income between people of color — especially Black Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans — and white families is hurting our working class and holding our country back.
    We will confront white nationalist terrorism and combat hate crimes perpetrated against religious minorities.
    Each year, the United States spends $23 billion more on schools in predominantly white districts than in non-white districts.
    We will root out systemic racism from our military justice system, where black service members are twice as likely as white ones to face court-martial.
    Our counterterrorism priorities, footprint, and tools should shift accordingly, including to respond to the growing threat from white supremacist and other right-wing terrorist groups.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Yep, saw the knee on the baby in the other thread. Concerning the teacher, below shows he doesn't work at the school anymore but due to firing or resigning is still not clarified:
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...244465412.html
    From the article:

Brian Papin, a special education teacher at Cedar Grove High School, came under fire this week after commenting on a Facebook photo that appeared to mock the public arrest of George Floyd, 46, a Black man who died in police custody after a Minneapolis officer knelt on his neck for about 8 minutes.
    Da $#@! is that misleading gibberish?

All of this anti-whiteness needs to stop.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

From the article:

Da $#@! is that misleading gibberish?
    While it would have been better for the reporter to say "came under fire this week after commenting on a Facebook photo and calling for the death of a white baby", the reporter did give that teacher's actual quote calling for the death which lead to outrage so I'll let that part slide:

“One knee on center of the back one on the neck and lean into to it until death! You saw the video!” Papin wrote, seemingly referencing Floyd’s death, which was filmed. “Get it right or stop (expletive) around!”

The remarks sparked outrage and prompted the district to launch an investigation, CBS46 reported.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The next story again I'm bending my own guidelines a bit which I won't make a habit of. Remember that black armed militia that marched on July 4 in GA? RT interviewed them. There's actually some common ground we can find. According to the article they basically want to be left alone from the federal government and secede to their own land (here or Africa). They did say something very provocative below. On the one hand, you could just say they're correct in that if someone pushes you, you push back. But I'll extrapolate this into the bleak future I had mentioned:
    1) if a push only when pushed armed group like this can be organized, then so can a "we will tread" group
    2) People who just want to see the world burn, and there are lots of them, can intentionally provoke this group to incite race riots
    The NFAC (black armed militia) is in Louisville now and according to some people on twitter there was an accidental shooting. Early report:
    https://www.wdrb.com/news/update-pol...7393ba044.html
    According to a MetroSafe supervisor, someone reported a shooting at the park, which is located at the corner of South 12 Street and West Jefferson Street.

When officers arrived, they found three shooting victims, according to the MetroSafe supervisor. The supervisor said one of those injuries was minor. There is no word on the extent of injuries of the other two.

The incident occurred as members of the Black militia group, NFAC, stage in the park in preparation of a planned march from there to Jefferson Square.
    It's a good thing nobody overreacted but I could easily see it happening. If you didn't read my previous post at least read the below quote and stay the hell out of the area if these people show up:
    "we were not to initiate anything but if they attack us, then everyone out here will kill everyone in sight"

Firing White People Will Improve Diversity

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...el-greenfield/

Sun Jul 26, 2020 Daniel Greenfield

Disparate impact is evidence of racism. Except when it impacts white people. In which case it's awesome. And then the disparate impact of firing white people to improve diversity can be celebrated with no fear of lawsuits whatsoever.

Oil major Chevron Corp expects to reduce the dominance of white males in company management during cost-cutting this year, upping the share of senior level jobs held by women and ethnic minorities to 44% from 38% last year, the company said in a statement.

Like most of its peers in an industry struggling with the collapse of oil prices this year, Chevron is cutting spending, consolidating business units, and has asked some managers to reapply for their jobs.

In an email sent to employees this week and seen by Reuters, Chief Human Resources Officer Rhonda Morris said the company selected 26% women for global roles in a second round of appointments and, in the United States, 29% of candidates selected were from ethnically diverse candidates.

A spokeswoman for the company confirmed the details and said those selections were permanent and that the diversity ratio was expected to remain at around 44% at the end of all appointment rounds.

I suspect that most of the people being fired offer more value than Rhonda Morris does. But, as I've repeatedly said, wokeness is a fetish among overvalued massive companies with limited competition and less imagination. The woke/broke formula holds, it's just a long term process. Wokeness is just the latest gimmick embraced by companies with no meaningful ideas for moving forward.

And the current exciting gimmick is embracing racism.

The same guy who exposed the stuff in post #3 find a similar case in Seattle. The red text is quite similar to what was in the Smithsonian museum description of whitey
    https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/st...85254555357184

Seattle's Office of Civil Rights has developed a "race and social justice" curriculum for all 10,000 city employees.

I've obtained new documents from the city's segregated "whites-only" trainings, which induct white employees into the cult of critical race theory.

A thread.Thread
    4:20 PM · Jul 29, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweets and comments
    ·
    5h
    Replying to @realchrisrufo
    The training is called "Internalized Racial Superiority for White People."

After attendees arrive, they must announce their pronouns and tell the trainers when they first became race-conscious—in other words, when they began their journey of internalized racism.
    Tip
    Christopher F. Rufo @realchrisrufo
    ·
    5h
    According to the Office of Civil Rights, white employees must process their "white feelings" of "sadness, shame, paralysis, confusion, [and] denial."

Then, they must take action to "redistribute resources, change who's in power, [and] alter institutions."

·
    5h
    Next, white employees must examine their "relationships with white supremacy, racism, and whiteness."

They must explain how their "[families] benefit economically from the system of white supremacy even as it directly and violently harms Black people."
    Tip
    ·
    5h
    In the next two "reflections," the trainers ask the white employees how their "white fragility" is "showing up at work" and how their "white silence" causes "harm to Black people."

All white employees are expected to share examples of their own racism.
    Tip
    ·
    5h
    The Office of Civil Rights then claims that "white people internalize the system of white supremacy" through the racist values of "individualism," "intellectualization," "objectivity," and "comfort."

Those values most be abolished from the work of city government.
    Tip
    ·
    5h
    Finally, white employees must implicate themselves in the system of white supremacy.

They must share "a time in the past two to three months when [they] ... caused harm to a person of color."
    Once they have publicly established their guilt, they have completed the training.
    Tip
    ·
    4h
    According to the critical race theorists, racism is everywhere.

It is in every society ("structural"), every organization ("institutional"), every relationship ("interpersonal"), and every individual ("internalized").

There is no escape.

Hoe the hell did I miss this?
    "The Patriarch"

The NFAC (black armed militia) is in Louisville now and according to some people on twitter there was an accidental shooting. Early report:
    https://www.wdrb.com/news/update-pol...7393ba044.html

According to a MetroSafe supervisor, someone reported a shooting at the park, which is located at the corner of South 12 Street and West Jefferson Street.

When officers arrived, they found three shooting victims, according to the MetroSafe supervisor. The supervisor said one of those injuries was minor. There is no word on the extent of injuries of the other two.

The incident occurred as members of the Black militia group, NFAC, stage in the park in preparation of a planned march from there to Jefferson Square.
    It's a good thing nobody overreacted but I could easily see it happening. If you didn't read my previous post at least read the below quote and stay the hell out of the area if these people show up:
    "we were not to initiate anything but if they attack us, then everyone out here will kill everyone in sight"
    This is assuming they don't end up shooting themselves first ...

NFACs Militia Leader Doesnt Know How an AR Works
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaMS-4f6R7Q

Seeing poor white people makes me happy

http://archive.vn/2cRrM#selection-713.0-1203.243

June 11, 2019

By Nicholas Powers

“Should I kick him in the face? Hard? No, chill, he’s not worth it. But why is this white boy begging for money in a Black neighborhood? Is he stupid?”

I shake the evil out of my head and go into the subway. He comes every Spring. The homeless white boy flaps down like a dirty migratory bird, makes himself a nest from garbage and sleeps on the sidewalk. A sign on his shopping cart asks for money—I never give. I should tho ‘cause he makes me feel good.

White people begging us for food feels like justice. It feels like Afro-Futurism after America falls. It feels like a Black Nationalist wet dream. It has the feels I rarely feel, a hunger for historical vengeance satisfied so well I rub my belly.

I know it’s not a good look. At least I think I know? I have the ghost of Martin Luther King Jr. in my head like a life coach exhorting me to “be my best self,” “show compassion to those who spite you,” “turn the other cheek” and “don’t give our enemies more reasons to hate us.” I need to kick Martin Luther King Jr. out of my head. Go $#@! another secretary Martin! I need to ask what this white homeless boy means to me.

White homeless poor in the ‘hood are a Rorschach test. I see in them the history of colonization, slavery and mass incarceration that makes their begging Black people for money ironic—if not insulting. You wasted your whiteness! Why should we give to you? Others see that same history, but for them, he is a chance to be MLK’s dream.

Here is a descendant of murderers who killed our ancestors now begging us to save their life. So let’s turn the other cheek! But it’s not always honest. It is the trick of internalized racism that Black anger is transformed into showy altruism to show the “white gaze” that we’re safe—good Negroes. So we aren’t attacked by more powerful whites—instead rewarded by them.

(I, and nobody in family owned slaves. I'm pretty sure Uncle Smedley sent more than a few of you to Wakanda while fighting in Haiti though. But now I'm starting to wish we had...and in 1865 had shipped every last damn one you of back to Mother Africa. - AF)

I saw an older Caribbean woman, devoutly Christian place a container of jerk chicken at his feet. Holy light radiated from her. It was a public lesson to us all, that we shouldn’t let racism poison our souls with hate. “God bless you,” she intoned loudly as if performing Shakespeare in the park. Yet I saw this same Jesus freak walk by a legless brother pushing his wheelchair through traffic, asking for change and she did not even bat an eyelash. He wasn’t worthy. But the white boy is. She saw her best self reflected in his whiteness. She saw her beautiful white soul, doing a white God’s work, on the mirror of white flesh.

Sometimes folks see that same history and want to get even. I saw three brothers run up and spit on him as people cackled at the white boy who wiped sticky gobs from his eyelids. The laughter was cruel, joyful and belly deep. They might as well shook slave chains in his face and said, “Now you get to wear these nigga!”

All these thoughts crashed in my head as I got on the subway. “Help,” a cracked plea jabbed at the quiet. “Help me get something to eat,” a legless Nuyorican pushed his wheelchair between train riders studying their cellphones. Jesus, I thought, did all the homeless get their legs cut off? “Help me,” he asked and no one answered. I saw in his face the African, Native and European bloodlines spilled by war and rape. Just like mine. “Help me get food,” he asked the next rider and the next.

I’ve known Nuyoricans like him my whole life, homeless or shooting heroin in doorways and like an x-ray, saw the history of violence and oppression that created their destruction. I just barely dodged it myself because of a fraught class privilege.

I hear “help” and see the Nuyorican in the wheelchair, or the endless parade of Black men or women holding out crusted hands for pennies. I smell their death. I hear their voices scraped on sidewalks and long nights in the cold. I see their scabbed skin, or gaunt thin lips, or yellow liquored eyes.

I retreat inside myself, waiting until they pass like an image rounding the surface of a soap bubble.

But when a white person begs, maybe a white woman breastfeeding or a young white boy whining like a broken flute, I feel better. Good. It’s not just us. I feel happy. I feel like the scales of justice could shift.

The other day I jogged up the subway stairs and saw the homeless white boy again. “Can you get me something to eat,” he barked out to the river of people passing by. “Someone stole all my $#@!!” Scabs covered his mouth. He was sunburnt and thin. I ignored him but thought “Baby, you stole all mine.” I glanced at his blanket, shopping cart and books. Who is he? Why is he here? Where are his people?

I stopped myself. It’s the Martin Luther King Jr. life-coach again, saying, “Love your enemies! Get to know them as people.” No Dr. King! Today I own my anger. I want to snatch his food and say, “Go beg in a white neighborhood!” And eat it. And rub my belly. And laugh.

I smile. The cruelty cures my internalized racism that forces me to empathize with him—so I can be patted on the head like a good peaceful protester. All my white editors want me to write that way. All the white institutions that pay me want me to feel that way. But I don’t—and saying I don’t is freeing. It pulls the unconscious whiteness out of my brain. I don’t need to see my best or worst self reflected on his skin.

As I walk away, a white man in tailored clothes and exfoliated skin talked to the homeless white boy. His face is a mix of fear and disgust, race loyalty and pity. He’s doing what I did, confronting history.

How do I know? The fear in his tight mouth is disgust. The fear in his eyes is forced and unwanted racial empathy. He’s worried, like many whites are, that as they become the minority, fewer and fewer places will exist where they have power. They worry that at some point the roles will be reversed and they will have to beg for food. He looked at the homeless white boy and saw a hungry ghost, seemingly expelled from some alternate dimension where Europeans are enslaved, segregated and mass incarcerated. He sees the fall of America.

Neither of us ask the kid’s name. We don’t need to. His name is ink-blot. His name is Rorschach. It’s whatever we see in the dark shapes that sleep on the street or pass by us on the train. That occasionally reaches out to us and says, “Help.”

Surely can we expect candlelight vigils, organized nationwide marches, national media coverage, a funeral aired live on TV, and sensitivity training for POC right?
    Neighbor reportedly rushes 5-year-old boy playing outside, puts a gun to his head, and executes him
    According to a report from WRAL-TV, the shooting took place on Sunday.

Cannon Hinnant was playing outside his father's house on the dusky summer evening when their neighbor — 25-year-old Darius N. Sessoms — charged Cannon, produced a handgun, and shot him in the head.

The child's seven-year-old and eight-year-old siblings witnessed the murder.

First responders came to the scene and transported the little boy to Wilson Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Doris Labrant, a neighbor, said she witnessed Sessoms running up to Cannon, putting the gun to his head, and firing the weapon before fleeing the scene into his own home.

reread post #30: "it's a sign of the times. You know unfortunately there's a lot of volatile behavior going on due to the climate of the country so you can't expect much other than that"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    L.A. Times Claims Camping Is Racist

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...ing-is-racist/

John Nolte 11 Aug 2020

The far-left Los Angeles Times published an entire article claiming minorities don’t camp because camping is racist.

While the stupidest article I’ve read in a long time (in an effort to combat fake news, I don’t link fake news) doesn’t come right out and say that — well, actually it does…

National parks have a history of segregation that dates to the 1930s, something that didn’t change until the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Almost all U.S. national parks were originally home to Indigenous populations long before they were set aside as parks. Many of those Native American tribes were pushed off their land, often violently, to create an illusion of untouched landscapes.

Even the Sierra Club, for the first time, in July openly condemned its founder, John Muir, over racist comments in his writings about Black and Indigenous people.

Does someone want to explain to me what 90-year-old segregation policies and what happened to the American Indian more than a 100 years ago and the racist founder of the Sierra Club have to do with how many minorities do or do not camp?

Nothing.

Not a thing.

But Woketards gotta woketard.

Anyway, according to the Society of American Foresters, we ‘re told that “between 2010 and 2014, 94.6% of visitors to national forests identified as white. People who identified as Latino made up 5.7%, and those who identified as Black made up 1.2%.”

Fine. Let’s take those numbers at face value.

The question, though, is why… Why do so few Hispanics and blacks go camping…

The Woketards at the L.A. Times could come up with only one reason, the dumbest and most anti-science (as I’ll explain in detail below) ever. And the Times didn’t just run with this reason, the Times stripped naked, covered itself in motor oil and chocolate jimmies, stapled a pinwheel to its pointy head, and ran with it.

Do you want to know why camping is racist?

Do you really want to know…?

Camping is racist because there’s the equivalent of a poll tax to be a camper — a poll tax of $250.

The premise of the entire piece is based on the fact black people don’t camp because in order to camp, it costs $250 to obtain the necessary camping equipment.

“Want more diversity in camping? Start with the gear,” is the headline of the piece, and the L.A. Woketards believe they have found the answer to the “gear” problem — a charity that offers free camping kits — tent, two sleeping bags, cooler, etc. — worth $250 to “BIPOC” — which means something-something-people-of-color.

Can we back up just a minute…

Two-hundred and fifty dollars?

You’re trying to gaslight me into believing blacks are not camping over $250?

Other than a couple of anecdotes of people taking advantage of the free offer (who wouldn’t?), there is zero journalism in support of the premise black people don’t camp because they can’t get $250 together.

You’re trying to gaslight me into believing the equivalent of the price of a television at Walmart is what stops black people from camping?

You’re trying to gaslight me into believing that what adds up to less than the monthly cost of cable TV, Internet, and cell phone is what’s stopping black people from camping?

You’re trying to gaslight me into believing half a monthly car payment is what’s stopping black people from camping?

According to this study, there is very little disparity between blacks and whites when it comes to having Internet at home, it’s close to 75 percent in both demographics.

According to this study, a higher percentage of black Americans (68 percent) own Smartphones than white Americans (66 percent).

I’m sorry, but if you can afford to purchase a Smartphone, pay the monthly cost of a Smartphone and Internet, you can afford $250 in camping gear.

Get this…

According to this study, a married black couple with a family — which represents 45.4 percent of the black population, earns a median annual income of almost $75,000, which is lower than the same for a white family ($88,000), but come on…

Let’s do the math…

There are roughly 49 million black people in the U.S., and 19 million of those live in a household that earns, on average, $75,000 per year, and you’re trying to gaslight me into believing a measly $250 is what stops black people from going camping?

Do you see how stupid all this is?

I am a camper. Not a crazy camper, not a lunatic camper –I don’t do tents and sleeping bags because I’m not insane. A few years back, however, the wife and I bought ourselves a little single-axle travel trailer. It’s much smaller than your average RV, but it has all the necessary items that separate us from the savages: hot water, air conditioning, gas heat, microwave, queen-size bed, DVD, CD, AM/FM stereo, stove, refrigerator, and a 25-inch flat-screen TV.

How’s that for white privilege?

Except it’s not, and the math proves it…

If you want a camper just like mine and get the normal 60 month loan at five percent, your monthly payment works out to — wait for it, wait for it — $226.

If you land a 3.5 percent loan, which is pretty common these days, you can own my RV for just $165 per month.

Listen, I have no idea how many black people camp or don’t camp, or how many black people own RVs… To be honest, when the wife and I are out camping, we’re not counting black people.

What I do know is that 50 percent of the people in my camper are not white, because my wife’s not white.

I also know the camping community is made up of the nicest people in the world, that it’s a terrific subculture of Americans who define the very best qualities of “live and let live,” and campers are uniformly friendly, welcoming, and helpful. No one has ever made my wife and I feel anything but welcome — even after I make a public ass of myself trying to back that sucker up.

But what I really know is that this L.A. Times article, which is based on the condescending lie black people are incapable of scraping together $250 and looks to be written by a white woman, is just another example, not only of fake news, but of the kind of condescending racism that’s all too common among America’s insufferable Karens.

Surely can we expect candlelight vigils, organized nationwide marches, national media coverage, a funeral aired live on TV, and sensitivity training for POC right?
    Curious to see how this will play out...if it can be determined that this was racially motivated when are "hate" charges being filed?

What a nightmare for the family.

Same dude from post #3 and #43 has delivered once again. And though I'm not at all a Trump supporter the below text in red w/ picture below, which groups whites & MAGA with mass killing and the KKK, reminds me a lot about how the MIAC report grouped Ron Paul supporters and Libertarians with terrorists back in 2009

https://christopherrufo.com/national...-male-culture/

Last year, Sandia National Laboratories—which designs America’s nuclear weapons—hosted a 3-day reeducation camp for “white males,” with the goal of exposing their “white privilege” and deconstructing “white male culture.”

I’ve obtained exclusive whistleblower documents revealing that last year, the national laboratory sent its white male executives to the La Posada luxury resort to undergo a mandatory training called “White Men’s Caucus on Eliminating Racism, Sexism, and Homophobia in Organizations.”

In the opening thought-work session, the trainers demand that the men make a list of associations about white male culture. The trainers write “white supremacists,” “KKK,” “Aryan Nation,” “MAGA hat,” “privileged,” and “mass killings.”

The trainers insist that white males must “work hard to understand” their “white privilege,” “male privilege,” and “heterosexual privilege.” They claim that white men benefit from positive stereotypes that “far outweigh the Tim McVeighs and Ted Kaczynskis of white maleness.”

Next, the white male employees must expose the “roots of white male culture,” which consists of “rugged individualism,” “a can-do attitude,” “hard work,” and “striving towards success”—which sound good, but are in fact “devastating” to women and POCs.

In fact, the trainers claim that “white male culture” leads to “lowered quality of life at work and home, reduced life expectancy, unproductive relationships, and high stress.” It also forces this “white male standard” on women and minorities.

In a subsequent session, the white males must publicly recite a series of “white privilege statements” and “male privilege statements.” They must accept their complicity in the white male system and their role in creating oppressions.

Finally, as the reeducation camp concludes, the white males must write letters “directed to white women, people of color, and other groups regarding the meaning of this Caucus experience.” They apologize for their “privilege” and pledge to become “better [allies].”

Mass killings? The majority of mass shooter incidents, those described as four or more people, not including the perpetrator, being shot, are committed by colored men.

The worst school shooting in the US was committed by a Korean migrant.

In fact, the trainers claim that “white male culture” leads to “lowered quality of life at work and home, reduced life expectancy, unproductive relationships, and high stress.”
    You mean that "white male culture" that came up with germ theory, antibiotics, heart transplants, kidney dialysis, among a million other things?

Neighbor reportedly rushes 5-year-old boy playing outside, puts a gun to his head, and executes him

reread post #30: "it's a sign of the times. You know unfortunately there's a lot of volatile behavior going on due to the climate of the country so you can't expect much other than that"
    Curious to see how this will play out...if it can be determined that this was racially motivated when are "hate" charges being filed?

What a nightmare for the family.
    Has the MSM even covered this story?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Has the MSM even covered this story?
    Looking now...so far:

Very little, if any, outside of local coverage.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-13-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Very little outside of local coverage.
    Swept under the rug, for the most part. A Google search doesn’t bring up any of the usual, major “news” sources.

The fact that George Floyd has become a household name but almost nobody will ever hear of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant is what’s wrong with America in a nutshell.

In the new America that is driven by racial politics rather than justice, what do you think would happen if a white man killed a 5-year-old black boy on his bike execution-style, regardless of racial motivations? Well, based on the reaction to the death of George Floyd, which still remains unclear as to the exact cause of death despite what appears to be police wrongdoing, rioting would probably be the mildest reaction.

This happened in Wilson, North Carolina, except it was a black man and a white boy. Now there are crickets from the political class. No kneeling, foot-washing, renaming of American symbols, endless legislation to lock up career criminals like this alleged perpetrator, or frantic press releases from every organization known to man to mourn the loss of life. And most certainly, there seems to be no expectation of rioting. Why not?
    More: https://www.conservativereview.com/n...ent-criminals/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Justice for 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant means locking up violent criminals

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/08/1...ent-criminals/

By Daniel Horowitz August 12, 2020

The fact that George Floyd has become a household name but almost nobody will ever hear of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant is what’s wrong with America in a nutshell.

In the new America that is driven by racial politics rather than justice, what do you think would happen if a white man killed a 5-year-old black boy on his bike execution-style, regardless of racial motivations? Well, based on the reaction to the death of George Floyd, which still remains unclear as to the exact cause of death despite what appears to be police wrongdoing, rioting would probably be the mildest reaction.

This happened in Wilson, North Carolina, except it was a black man and a white boy. Now there are crickets from the political class. No kneeling, foot-washing, renaming of American symbols, endless legislation to lock up career criminals like this alleged perpetrator, or frantic press releases from every organization known to man to mourn the loss of life. And most certainly, there seems to be no expectation of rioting. Why not?

On Tuesday, WRAL broke the story that Darius N. Sessoms, 25, allegedly shot 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant Sunday afternoon while he was on his bike in front of the suspect’s house in Wilson, North Carolina. According to witnesses, Sessoms pointed a gun right at the boy’s head and killed him execution-style right in front of his two older sisters. The motive is still unclear other than a theory that the boy rode his bike into the suspect’s yard.

A quick Google news search reveals that outside the New York Post and local news outlets, Cannon Hinnant never existed.

In a sane America, race should never matter. We would deter all violent criminals with serious punishment the first time they act violently, which would have the effect of preventing most murders in the country. Most murderers are repeat offenders. However, the Left wants to concoct a narrative that somehow there is systemic white-on-black crime, which justifies their pushing to weaken our system even more.

In reality, most of the victims of the war on law and order are black. Black-on-white murder is rare but still more common than the other way around. According to the FBI, in cases where the race of the homicide victim and suspect were known, 15.5% of white homicide victims in 2018 were killed by black perpetrators, while 8% of black homicide victims were killed by white perpetrators.

This split is even more pronounced in the broader category of violent crimes. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey published by the Bureau of Justice Statics, out of the 593,598 interracial violent victimization crimes between black people and white people reported in 2018, 90 percent were black against white, and 9.5 percent were white against black. That is simply astounding given that black people compose just 12 percent of the general population and white people compose 62 percent.

So, if we want to start treating every individual crime as a broad systemic racial problem, it should justify rioting and social transformation every time something like this happens.

However, for those of us who truly believe in blind justice, there is a more important point.

Sessoms had multiple felony drug charges, multiple felony probation violations, and charges on his record for possessing stolen firearms, according to local media. He doesn’t appear to have served much time in jail.

This is the story of our justice system. Just how much murder is committed by repeat offenders who are given leniencies? Just last week, the Texan reported, according to Andy Kahan of Crime Stoppers Houston, 57 victims have been murdered in Harris County over the past two years by defendants who had been released on multiple felony bonds and personal recognizance bonds. That doesn’t account for all those who served light prison sentences or were let out of prison early and went on to murder. And the momentum toward more and more leniency is getting stronger in the system with each passing day.

Why aren’t Republican senators in North Carolina pushing endless legislation to toughen sentencing on gun and drug felons and parole violators who are almost always the sort of people who wind up committing these heinous acts? Instead, both parties are obsessing about weakening our system even more under the guise of a racial inequality that is actually the other way around.

If you call your senators or state representatives and ask them for toughening sentences on repeat violent offenders in the name of justice for Cannon Hinnant, they will ask you, “Who is that?”

Clearly, some lives matter more than others.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"By Any Means Necessary": New Boise billboard touts Black, Brown contributions to America

https://www.idahopress.com/boiseweek...71cd1d0ab.html

Tracy Bringhurst 22 hrs ago

Commuters driving into downtown Boise the morning of Aug. 13 may have seen a new colorful billboard sign that reads “Black & Brown Folks Built This Country / (And We’re Doing It Again) / Join Us Or Get Out Of The Way.” It’s a strong phrase, and activist/organizer Tanisha Jae Newton said they are radically unapologetic about it.

“This message is for folks within impacted communities to know that people recognize them and see them and their power,” said Newton. “These communities need hope and empowerment.”

The billboard came about because Newton and their friends regularly have conversations about getting their message out by “any means necessary,” a nod to Malcolm X. They said they’d been looking on social media to other organizations to get new ideas, and when Newton connected with the artist Morgan Baxter, they said the plan for a billboard came together.

“The main purpose of this is for people to see it’s not just a moment—it’s a movement,” said Baxter. "I think the message is very provocative but isn’t so extreme as to provoke violence.”

Members of the community and a bevy of organizations have donated to the billboard fund, and the sign will be up until midnight on Sunday, Aug. 16. Newton said so many more people donated after the unveiling this morning that the costs of the billboard have been covered, and they have raised enough money to run another ad.

Baxter works in graphic design, and as an activist herself was happy to provide the artwork. She said she loves the imagery in the billboard, especially how the Black and Brown hands support the deconstructed landscape of Boise from underneath. Many downtown buildings are recognizable, but in the right-hand corner a police car is on fire. Baxter said the group of organizers intended for people have to look twice at the art, and she hopes it reflects the idea that people should take a second look at what’s happening in their community.

For Newton, the message was the most important part, and they wanted to come up with the most productive and galvanizing language to Black and Brown people to let them know they’re supported. They said there were a lot of meetings where folks came together to plan the billboard project: “It’s really the community's billboard.”

Newton said that for those who disagree with the message, they offer many resources to learn through classes and education, and people who wish to engage in dialogue can look there. Baxter said if people don’t have an immediate positive reaction, they need to ask themselves, "Why not?"

“We want to inspire hope for those that see the message as a positive one,” said Baxter. “For those that don’t, it can give them a chance to reflect on their own moral and political beliefs.”

“If people disagree, I welcome them to come to those types of events to engage,” said Newton. “Until then, they can do what the billboard says and get out the way!”

I wonder if anybody would be brave enough to do an actual, for real, accounting of contributory worth comparing the wealth generated by agricultural slave labor to the decades of loss attributed to the wildly disproportionate rates of crime, dependence and subsidies that "black and brown" people are responsible for.

I'll not hold my breath.

Sessoms had multiple felony drug charges, multiple felony probation violations, and charges on his record for possessing stolen firearms, according to local media. He doesn’t appear to have served much time in jail.

This is the story of our justice system. Just how much murder is committed by repeat offenders who are given leniencies? Just last week, the Texan reported, according to Andy Kahan of Crime Stoppers Houston, 57 victims have been murdered in Harris County over the past two years by defendants who had been released on multiple felony bonds and personal recognizance bonds. That doesn’t account for all those who served light prison sentences or were let out of prison early and went on to murder. And the momentum toward more and more leniency is getting stronger in the system with each passing day.

Why aren’t Republican senators in North Carolina pushing endless legislation to toughen sentencing on gun and drug felons and parole violators who are almost always the sort of people who wind up committing these heinous acts? Instead, both parties are obsessing about weakening our system even more under the guise of a racial inequality that is actually the other way around.

If you call your senators or state representatives and ask them for toughening sentences on repeat violent offenders in the name of justice for Cannon Hinnant, they will ask you, “Who is that?”
    So this guy's "solution" is to fill the prisons with even more people in a country that already has one of the highest (if not the highest) incarceration rates on the planet ... SMGDH ...

It's not even clear from what the author says here that Sessoms was a "repeat violent offender" - only that he had "multiple felony drug charges, multiple felony probation violations, and charges on his record for possessing stolen firearms." (Note that the only one of these "crimes" that could have an identifiable victim is the possession-of-stolen-goods charge ...)

Instead of "pushing endless legislation to toughen sentencing on gun and drug felons and parole violators," how about we just end the War on Drugs (and the War on This, and the War on That, and the the War on the Other Thing ...)? How about we just stop putting the perpetrators of victimless crimes into rape-cages, where those who were not already criminals are apt to become ones, and where those who already are criminals are apt to become even more hardened ones? How about we just accept the inescapable and incurable fact that sometimes, some people are going to do some $#@!ed up $#@! (for which they ought to be held accountable), regardless of whether they have what the State is pleased to call a "criminal record?"

I agree with the absurdity of the contrast in media coverage between the George Floyd and Cannon Hinnant incidents. But this guy goes completely off the rails when he advocates "pushing endless legislation to toughen sentencing on gun and drug felons and parole violators." Someone tell me - when has "pushing endless legislation" (on any matter) ever redounded to the benefit of human liberty and civil society? (Oh, wait, that's right ... NEVER ...) And speaking of "gun and drug felons" - how many on these very forums might fall into that category (i.e., the category of people that this guy wants tossed head-first into rape-cages)? I imagine that RPFs is apt to have more than its share of "three felonies a day" violators ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-14-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I wonder if anybody would be brave enough to do an actual, for real, accounting of contributory worth comparing the wealth generated by agricultural slave labor to the decades of loss attributed to the wildly disproportionate rates of crime, dependence and subsidies that "black and brown" people are responsible for.

I'll not hold my breath.
    Reported for not getting out the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast