Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Smithsonian African American Museum teaches about "whiteness"

Exclamation What the Smithsonian African American Museum teaches about "whiteness"

What the Smithsonian African American Museum teaches about "whiteness".

With your tax dollars of course.

(There are many pages beyond this, this is a good thumbnail.)

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-...pics/whiteness

Just in case it goes down the memory hole

https://i.imgur.com/zw7qFjH.png
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I grew up in a small town on the Jersey shore of mixed ethnicities.

We had no High School, just a single grade school K-8

There were two towns that accepted HS students in a tax sharing agreement, and had been doing this for decades: one an affluent, mostly white town to the south, the other a very poor black town to north that many parts still were in ashes from riots in the early 70s and a HS that was performing so poorly it had lost its state certification, a for real Eastside High.

The state and the feds demanded that the old system of family choice to decide which school to send their high school students to was declared discriminatory, a few years before I was to attend one or the other.

Because of my skin color, I was forced into attending the northern poor school, as there was push to "correct" the unbalanced number of whites that had not been sent there previously.

While it would not be honest at all to blame the utter destruction of any formal education past that point all on the situation I was placed in (I hated school by that time, this just made it worse), it certainly didn't help.

Nor did the abuse, fights, muggings, bullying and beatings I suffered as an utterly naive white kid thrown into a hostile black ghetto environment.

Cops kill white people...they sometimes kill white people just because they are white, blacks criminally attack whites, many times just for being white, and sometimes whites suffer government oppression because of their skin color.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-16-2020 at 01:19 AM.

If only white culture normalized rugged individualism... Most of it I'm fine with or don't care enough to argue about. Except I'm not religious and also actively following all the points under Competition takes away from individualism IMO - instead pursue your own goals your own way and don't give a damn what others are doing. And the "bland is best" is just a cheap shot.

Edit: as for the second post, yes that quote is moronic and assumptive. They assume all white folks have lived their entire lives in Leave It to Beaver land. I never had to attend a ghetto school or anything but overseas the "random" police checks for stolen bicycles (commonly used to get around) were a lot less random for me than the natives - had to learn where they post themselves so I could alter my route. And in the business world there have been several times where I've lost potential business due to not working for a minority owned business (it actually was minority owned but not registered as such)

So it's ok to stereotype white people but not black?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Notice it's an all positive stereotype. So any black person who aspires to work hard and actually be married to a member of the opposite sex is "white" according to this garbage.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Notice it's an all positive stereotype. So any black person who aspires to work hard and actually be married to a member of the opposite sex is "white" according to this garbage.
    Exactly...being on time, being polite and not airing your dirty laundry in public is "whiteness", for example.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I have to say, I hate being late worse than almost anything. Makes me sick with self-loathing. Lost lots of time trying to show up 1hr early for EVERYTHING. I do not like Amazon, nor Jeff Bezos, but the kindle is my best friend.

Being late can go to hell. The bit on justice is pretty funny. I would consider myself an adherent to the law, and believe its of preminent importance. How we relate to eachother in the final instance (before the ol' final argument).

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    I have to say, I hate being late worse than almost anything. Makes me sick with self-loathing. Lost lots of time trying to show up 1hr early for EVERYTHING. I do not like Amazon, nor Jeff Bezos, but the kindle is my best friend.
    I'll bet you save and plan for the future as well, you foul racist you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'll bet you save and plan for the future as well, you foul racist you.
    Frankly, no, but I root for those who do. I'm kind of like a Pro-Christian Agnostic in that regard.

Is that thing really real?

Frankly, no, but I root for those who do. I'm kind of like a Pro-Christian Agnostic in that regard.
    LOL, got it.

Is that thing really real?
    Yes, all of that is very real, produced by the Smithsonian Museum with your tax dollars, and passed out as teaching and educational aides.

Thats like a goal list for the cultural revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Negative stereotyping is bad while the positive ones are good. Don't you ever forget that. Most people black or white have no problem with the latter and the OP if I got my white stereotyping right is all positives and very few negatives.

Exactly...being on time, being polite and not airing your dirty laundry in public is "whiteness", for example.

Being late can go to hell. The bit on justice is pretty funny. I would consider myself an adherent to the law, and believe its of preminent importance. How we relate to eachother in the final instance (before the ol' final argument).
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Negative stereotyping is bad while the positive ones are good. Don't you ever forget that. Most people black or white have no problem with the latter and the OP if I got my white stereotyping right is all positives and very few negatives.
    All of this reminds me of the "Totally Tasteless Jokebooks" of the 1980s. A lot of kids, white and black, loved the books and I always hated them. Then I pointed out to the black kids "The anti white jokes aren't even funny." Eventually...they got it. It was all stuff from this Smithsonian flier in the OP. I recognized this stuff as white supremacy and the Smithsonian is passing this off as....I'm not sure what they are passing this off as. It's stupid thinking like this that has some black kids attacking other black kids for "acting white" for doing things like speaking correct English and excelling in school. Oh. and the attack on the nuclear family comes straight off the Black Lives Matter "what we believe" page. Some black people are wising up to this. A black SDA pastor recently did a sermon about witchcraft in the BLM organization. (There is a larger movement that doesn't see itself as part of the organization). He caught holy hell online for his trouble.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/
    We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a *****‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

What the hell does any of ^that have to do with police brutality? Who the hell said the nuclear family was "Western prescribed?" Have any of these fools ever studied anything about Africa, one of the most patriachical places on earth? And can't you be "gay affirming" while leaving us "cisprivledged" black dudes who prefer a normal "nuclear family" alone? And at no time has the U.S. government prevented extended family relationships to thrive. But aunt Hessie can't come in and tell me how to raise my kids.

/rant

I know I'm preaching to the choir. I've had to take a break from Farcebook after arguing against ^that nonsense.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-15-2020 at 10:19 PM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

ironic how all the people who cry racism all day long are the only ones talking about race 24/7
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

jm, no one can be left alone, not in the states. Trotsky said it, and these are his disciples, "You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you." What is war but politics by other means?

LOL! The RPF hate speach filter censors the BLM webpage! I copied and pasted this. (Replace "3" with "E").

"We foster a qu33r‐affirming network."

Instead that translates to...

"We foster a *****‐affirming network"

I'm suprised it can say translates.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What the hell does any of ^that have to do with police brutality? Who the hell said the nuclear family was "Western prescribed?" Have any of these fools ever studied anything about Africa, one of the most patriachical places on earth? And can't you be "queeer affirming" while leaving us "cisprivledged" black dudes who prefer a normal "nuclear family" alone? And at no time has the U.S. government prevented extended family relationships to thrive. But aunt Hessie can't come in and tell me how to raise my kids.

I know I'm preaching to the choir. I've had to take a break from Farcebook after arguing against ^that nonsense.
    It's a good rant. Farcebook is cancer. So is $#@!ter.

The answer to your question is: all that rot has nothing to do with police brutality.

I know you know this, but it bears repeating: this is Marxist revolution.

Logic, argument, facts, debate...all of those things are useless against it, in fact, all those things are white supremacy to the true believers.

All that drivel is presented as if somehow that would lead to better, happier and more productive lives for people.

It won't...and the Marxists behind this know it will not...they do not care...Marxist revolution is not about creating a better world for the "oppressed".

It is about naked, raw power and keeping that power.

Even more important than seizing power, keeping it requires that everything of the old order must be swept away, including the people that refuse to go along with the New Normal or may just be "problematic" to the Revolutionary.

That's why you will not be left alone, you will be able to raise that family, you will not be able to own that home or property...or at least until a new privileged ruling class of apparatchiks rise.

They want to dismantle white culture, but hasn't it proven to be very successful at creating prosperity?

So all the "racist" stereotypes about non-whites are true? is that what they are saying?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    They want to dismantle white culture, but hasn't it proven to be very successful at creating prosperity?
    Of course it has, that's not even debatable.

In all of man's history, nothing has lifted more people out of poverty, brought more prosperity, well being, health, longevity and ease than white, western, free market, limited government, property rights based philosophy and Christian morality based on the idea that each individual is born in the image of God and has, by that virtue, rights that cannot be taken away legitimately.

This makes the Bolshevik mob spittle flinging furious.

Deep down inside, little Janie Jacobin knows that the only thing that's keeping her from being a burka clad bitch, having babies and balling her husband's socks for the rest of her life, assuming she and her girlfriend just didn't get beheaded or thrown in prison, is white, western philosophy of individual liberty.

That's one of the reasons why the Marxists had to pivot their canon from class revolution to race revolution.

Class warfare is a poor selling item in a society where even the dimmest of wits and poorest of poor can manage a car, $500 iPhones and so much food that obesity has surpassed starvation as the primary food related health issue. The Chinese Marxists understood this after getting rid of Mao. That's why, in the biggest communist country in the world, it is so easy to start a business.

Ah, but swap out the oppressors...not the man in the top hat but the man with, in our case, the white skin...he's the one that's been keeping you down. He's the one who makes you live like this, who has disrespected you for 400 years.

Everything he has is rightly yours...all you need to do is rise up and take it.

See? Look at him cower and run...he's weak and won't even defend himself, let alone what he has taken from you!

Take it all, burn the rest and leave nothing standing!Onward Comrades!!!

Of course it has, that's not even debatable.

In all of man's history, nothing has lifted more people out of poverty, brought more prosperity, well being, health, longevity and ease than white, western, free market, limited government, property rights based philosophy and Christian morality based on the idea that each individual is born in the image of God and has, by that virtue, rights that cannot be taken away legitimately.
    Capitalism existed in Ghana in the 4th century. There were only "pockets" of capitalism in Europe until the 16th century.

https://www.moderntreatise.com/econo...-of-capitalism

https://www.britannica.com/topic/capitalism

What is possibly the oldest Christian church in the world is in Ethiopia.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ica-180973740/

Africans were among the first Christian missionaries.

From Acts 13:

1 Now there were these prophets and teachers in the church at Antioch: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius the Cyrenian, Manaen (a close friend of Herod the tetrarch from childhood) and Saul. 2 While they were serving the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, after they had fasted and prayed and placed their hands on them, they sent them off. 4 So Barnabas and Saul, sent out by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.

Niger is the latin word for black. Cyrene was in North Africa. One of the biggest myths is that capitalism is the "white man's" economic system and Christianity is the "white man's" religion.

Capitalism and Christianity are worldwide systems. It can be argued that what we have going on in the west right now is neither capitalist nor Christian and technically has not been since the founding of this country. Go back to Shays rebellion. Shays and many of his fellow revolutionary war veterans who were poor subsistance "dirt farmers" were being driven into homelessness through a combination of high taxes to the government (I thought we fought a revolution against taxes), and high debt to the mechant class. (When they didn't make enough from the farm they had to borrow with interest from the merchants.) Meanwhile Shays and his fellow vets weren't getting paid the past wages they were owed for being soldiers. You'd think at the very least their wages would be counted against any taxes they owed.....but no. So homeless veterans are an issue that go back to the founding of these here United States. Oh yeah, and this was from the "articles of confederation" era, so you can't even blame the constitution for this one.

What would a Christian capitalist society look like?

1) Zero interest loans to poor people.

Exodus 22:25 "If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him."

2) Don't pick all of your harvest but leave some for the poor so they can come on your land and get it for free.

Leviticus 19:9-10 "9 “‘When you gather in the harvest[a] of your land, you must not completely harvest the corner of your field,[b] and you must not gather up the gleanings of your harvest. 10 You must not pick your vineyard bare,[c] and you must not gather up the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You must leave them for the poor and the resident foreigner.[d] I am the Lord your God."

3) Land, even if sold, was to be returned in the year of jubilee.

Leviticus 25:13-15 "13 “‘In this Year of Jubilee you must each return[a] to your property. 14 If you make a sale[b] to your fellow citizen[c] or buy[d] from your fellow citizen, no one is to wrong his brother.[e] 15 You may buy it from your fellow citizen according to the number of years since[f] the last Jubilee; he may sell it to you according to the years of produce that are left.[g]"

4) Debt servants freed in the year of jubilee. And none of your faith could be held as anything but a debt servant.

Leviticus 25:39-41
    39 “‘If your brother becomes impoverished with regard to you so that he sells himself to you, you must not subject him to slave service.[a] 40 He must be with you as a hired worker, as a resident foreigner;[b] he must serve with you until the Year of Jubilee, 41 but then[c] he may go free,[d] he and his children with him, and may return to his family and to the property of his ancestors.[e]

Now ^this is quite interesting. People on the right love to talk about the Muslim slave trade. And it was (and is) indeed terrible. But the Muslim slave trade came much closer to the Bible than the "Christian" slave trade that was practiced in the U.S. Muslims were forbidden to enslave Muslims. Historical Christianity did not support anything other than temporary debt slavery and even that was frowned on. The book of Philemon, which some ignorant people mis-interpret as supporting slavery, did the opposite. Onesymus was a debt slave. Paul offered to pay Philemon whatever Onesymus owed and he told Philemon "You owe me and I could demand you go ahead and free Onesymus, but instead I'm asking you as a brother to receive Onesymus as a brother." At first colonial slave owners were against slaves being taught Christianity because they knew converted Christian slaves could demand their freedom under Biblical grounds. But then someone came up with the bright idea to bastardize Christianity to pretend it supported slavery when the opposite was true. They even wrote a "slave bible" that took out the passages that supported ending chattle slavery.

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/bi...t-and-why.html

So true Christian capitalism has never been practiced in this country. I hear people here complain about Amazon and Jeff Bezos, but it's the same problem faced by Mr. Shays nearly 250 years ago. The working class gets squeezed by both the merchant class and by the government and they get no relief and are told to just "suck it up" because fixing the problem is a "redistribution of wealth." You see a lot of "redistribution of wealth" baked into the economic system that God Himself prescribed.

We have half-assed Christianity combined with half-assed capitalism going on right now. What did Jesus say when you do things half-assed?

Revelation 3:15-16

15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.[a] I wish you were either cold or hot! 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going[b] to vomit[c] you out of my mouth!
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-16-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Capitalism existed in Ghana in the 4th century. There were only "pockets" of capitalism in Europe until the 16th century.

https://www.moderntreatise.com/econo...-of-capitalism

https://www.britannica.com/topic/capitalism
    What is described in that article is trade and commerce, and nobody could make the claim that those are exclusively western ideas or African. Those are universal, the Chinese were trading and conducting commerce at that level thousands of years before that.

I'm talking of the unique combination and use of trade, debt, pooling of resources to fund capital investment in projects that were larger than even the state could sponsor, industrial revolution (also under steady Marxist attack for years now) and the political protection of property and these investments that has fueled a change unprecedented in human history, in only 300 years. This started with the city states of modern Italy and was more fully fleshed out and implemented by the Dutch and English.

Now ^this is quite interesting. People on the right love to talk about the Muslim slave trade. And it was (and is) indeed terrible. But the Muslim slave trade came much closer to the Bible than the "Christian" slave trade that was practiced in the U.S.
    Valid point, this. I have always thought that was a "weaksauce" argument to deflect the point.

The history is what it is, chattel slavery was engaged in as a matter of course and economic activity.

For a million reasons I wish that was never the case, but it was.

But it was also ended here, and for most of the world ended here as well, and that end started with Christian abolitionism and Jeffersonian radicalism.

The question now is, has all the effort, all the blood and treasure that has been expended, directly or indirectly, to make that happen, enough?

Apparently not...nothing short of utter destruction is acceptable.

So true Christian capitalism has never been practiced in this country. I hear people here complain about Amazon and Jeff Bezos, but it's the same problem faced by Mr. Shays nearly 250 years ago. The working class gets squeezed by both the merchant class and by the government and they get no relief and are told to just "suck it up" because fixing the problem is a "redistribution of wealth." You see a lot of "redistribution of wealth" baked into the economic system that God Himself prescribed.
    Again, I would point out that is trade and commerce, and frankly could be very easily remedied through policy and tariff initiatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    ironic how all the people who cry racism all day long are the only ones talking about race 24/7
    Democrats have to keep bringing up race or else they'll pop a vein.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What is described in that article is trade and commerce, and nobody could make the claim that those are exclusively western ideas or African. Those are universal, the Chinese were trading and conducting commerce at that level thousands of years before that.

I'm talking of the unique combination and use of trade, debt, pooling of resources to fund capital investment in projects that were larger than even the state could sponsor, industrial revolution (also under steady Marxist attack for years now) and the political protection of property and these investments that has fueled a change unprecedented in human history, in only 300 years. This started with the city states of modern Italy and was more fully fleshed out and implemented by the Dutch and English.
    Fair enough. But what was going on in Ghana was not Marxism by any stretch of the imagination.

Valid point, this. I have always thought that was a "weaksauce" argument to deflect the point.

The history is what it is, chattel slavery was engaged in as a matter of course and economic activity.

For a million reasons I wish that was never the case, but it was.

But it was also ended here, and for most of the world ended here as well, and that end started with Christian abolitionism and Jeffersonian radicalism.

The question now is, has all the effort, all the blood and treasure that has been expended, directly or indirectly, to make that happen, enough?
    If systematic ecconomic oppression of black people had only ended with slavery. There was the period of reconstrctution when the "40 acres and a mule" promise was actually kept. And then there was ethnic cleansing in places like Rosewood, and "Black Walstreet" and a lot of other places nobody has even heard of. Here is a paper of 11 different black communities wiped out by racist mob violence in Tennessee alone.

https://www.vanderbilt.edu/political...ng-paper-1.pdf

You had black oil barrons in Oklahoma before the race riots.

And yet...congress gave reparations to Ford and GM as a reward for their treasonous actions as Nazi collaborators. Make that make sense.

http://www.ranknfile-ue.org/uen_nastybiz.html

At the time these Nazi collaborators were being rewarded, there were still survivors alive from places like Tulsa and Rosewood.

Again, I would point out that is trade and commerce, and frankly could be very easily remedied through policy and tariff initiatives.
    If it could be remidied (and I agree it can be), then it should be remedied. I agree. Andrew Yang isn't totally crazy, though I think his ideas should be implemented in a different way. (Tariffs for example). People shouldn't be brought to the brink of despair (and revolution) like Mr. Shays was. We make zero cost loans available to the mega-banks when the Christian Bible that conservatives claim to follow says that zero interest loans should be given to poor people. Debt forgiveness is a Judeo-Christian concept. Yet when it is talked about in modern times, the Mark Levins of the world scream "Marxism" and "redistribution of wealth." The idea that the profit motive fixes everything just isn't biblical. The profit motive is important. In Matthew 25 Jesus gives three parables. 1) The wise and foolish virgins symbolizing the need to first have the Holy Spirit before doing anything. 2) The story of the talents showing that his followers should be intentional about and expecting of increase wealth and 3) the story of the sheep and the goats showing that His followers should be intentional about using their wealth to help the "least of these." If those three things were done consistently, Marxism would die as an idea.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    African Museum seems they would prefer to be allies with Islam and Islamic no? they have a hatred for white Christians.
    White history holidays which ones Christmas?
    Holidays
    Based on Christian Religions
    Based on White history & male

Politeness and punctuality are the devil's work!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Fair enough. But what was going on in Ghana was not Marxism by any stretch of the imagination.
    No it wasn't, never meant to imply that it was.

If systematic ecconomic oppression of black people had only ended with slavery. There was the period of reconstrctution when the "40 acres and a mule" promise was actually kept. And then there was ethnic cleansing in places like Rosewood, and "Black Walstreet" and a lot of other places nobody has even heard of. Here is a paper of 11 different black communities wiped out by racist mob violence in Tennessee alone.

You had black oil barrons in Oklahoma before the race riots.
    How could there be black oil barons if there was "systematic economic oppression" of blacks?

Systemic means system wide, through the whole body and unrecoverable.

Clearly some blacks made out well. In fact, many did.

And yet...congress gave reparations to Ford and GM as a reward for their treasonous actions as Nazi collaborators. Make that make sense.

At the time these Nazi collaborators were being rewarded, there were still survivors alive from places like Tulsa and Rosewood.
    Which goes to show how sideways reparations can go.

Are you in favor of reparations? How about reparations and repatriation? If so, can you put a dollar amount on it?

If it could be remidied (and I agree it can be), then it should be remedied. I agree. Andrew Yang isn't totally crazy, though I think his ideas should be implemented in a different way. (Tariffs for example). People shouldn't be brought to the brink of despair (and revolution) like Mr. Shays was. We make zero cost loans available to the mega-banks when the Christian Bible that conservatives claim to follow says that zero interest loans should be given to poor people. Debt forgiveness is a Judeo-Christian concept. Yet when it is talked about in modern times, the Mark Levins of the world scream "Marxism" and "redistribution of wealth." The idea that the profit motive fixes everything just isn't biblical. The profit motive is important. In Matthew 25 Jesus gives three parables. 1) The wise and foolish virgins symbolizing the need to first have the Holy Spirit before doing anything. 2) The story of the talents showing that his followers should be intentional about and expecting of increase wealth and 3) the story of the sheep and the goats showing that His followers should be intentional about using their wealth to help the "least of these." If those three things were done consistently, Marxism would die as an idea.
    Not necessarily the profit motive, but the free market.

But yes, I have made the same case myself: dismissing legitimate grievances about economic problems and job losses and so on with "let them eat cake" only fuels Marxist revolution.

The same exact principle applies to those on the right who steadfastly ignored militarized police abuse over the years, of people of all ethnicities.

Now we are reaping the whirlwind for this ignorance.

I have heard a lot of these things over time but that does not mean these things define who I am as a person or that I believe it. I was not raised to think because I look white that I am better than others if anything I was taught all people are equal and free to live their lives as they see FIT. I was taught to respect others and their property we can expect others to do the same.

I have a certain spiritual way of looking at life. I have seen so much stuff in my life that I had to have something to look at that I feel is true. So I studied this spiritual way. IDK if what I believe suits others. It suits me though. At times I speak out about what I believe but I am not trying to control someone else with what I think. I try to make it clear when I speak about it that I have nothing vested in their beliefs about what I said.

I am not competitive my son is though I don't know where he got it from. I have earned certain letters and and degrees but it had nothing to do with competition or even money and everything to do with seeking knowledge, spirituality, health and fitness. I realize that I really don't know anything when it comes right down to it.

No it wasn't, never meant to imply that it was.
    I know you didn't.

How could there be black oil barons if there was "systematic economic oppression" of blacks?
    You're missing the point. There were black oil barons until their towns were burned down by angry white mobs. The very think that you are worried about the jacobins/bolsheviks doing to your community has already been done to my community....multiple times over.

Systemic means system wide, through the whole body and unrecoverable.

Clearly some blacks made out well. In fact, many did.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/systemic
    d: fundamental to a predominant social, economic, or political practice

Again, entire towns were wiped out. This was post slavery. Where are the black oil barrons from the 1920s? Gone. Oil executives yes. But black owned oil companies? None that I'm aware of. No thriving independent towns. And the definition of systemic oppression doesn't mean "nobody ever did well." But hey, go back to slavery times. There were some blacks doing well even in the South. Some even owned slaves. Yet we can all agree that slavery was a systemic problem. Not every act of racism represents systemic oppression. But when entire towns disappear? That's systemic in my book. And yes I would feel that way if a white middle class down was wiped out by a bolshevik/jacobian mob.

Which goes to show how sideways reparations can go.
    True. It also shows that "He who has the money buys the lobbyists and gets more money."

Are you in favor of reparations? How about reparations and repatriation? If so, can you put a dollar amount on it?
    I'm in favor of fixing problems. I am someone in search of solutions. It's funny that Trump actually did more tangible things for the black community than did Obama. (First Step Act. Permanent funding for HBCUs). I personally consider that a type of reparations even though it was aimed at more recent funding inequities. Obama was bascially the LGBTQ president. As for repatriation, I don't see myself going anywhere. I have as much claim to the U.S. as anyone. But I do keep my passport up in case things continue to go downhill. Here's something else. You know how Ron Paul talks about privitizing social security? That would actually help black people. Blacks don't live as long as whites generally so we don't draw as much out as we put in. A defined contribution plan, as opposed to a defined benefits plan, that gave you a lump sum of money you could leave to whoever you wanted to would be better.

More importantly I would want to see the system changed so that people at the bottom had better access to working capital to build businesses. The Fed gives free loans to the banks who loan it out with interest. That needs to change.

That was a long answer. Here's a short answer. I'm not in favor of some sort of "racial severance check." I want to see a better system. I think most of us do.

Not necessarily the profit motive, but the free market.

But yes, I have made the same case myself: dismissing legitimate grievances about economic problems and job losses and so on with "let them eat cake" only fuels Marxist revolution.

The same exact principle applies to those on the right who steadfastly ignored militarized police abuse over the years, of people of all ethnicities.

Now we are reaping the whirlwind for this ignorance.
    Yes! Exactly! Police brutality is not some "liberal" idea. I was sorely disappointed with Tucker Carlson, whom I generally liked until recently, attacking the ending of qualified immunity as "some way for liberal groups to sue cops." Nothing could be further from the truth!

Here's something I have long thought. Both the Tea Party and Occupy Wallstreet were angry at TARP. But both were convinced to be wary of the other. If we took the time to really think about it there is enough common ground for real change. You're against police brutality. I'm against the looting and burning. The media and the political masters would have us make a false choice. Either you're for the mob or you want unbridled power for the police.

I know you didn't.
    Good, I honestly wasn't sure if I had made some remark that may have suggested I thought that.

You're missing the point. There were black oil barons until their towns were burned down by angry white mobs. The very think that you are worried about the jacobins/bolsheviks doing to your community has already been done to my community....multiple times over.
    Ah, OK, understood, I was looking at it from a different direction.

Looking at it that way, proves my point: white people will be targeted for destruction by the mob, and there is precedent for it and if my people are going to live through this, we have to either arm up, harden up and prepare to fight, or leave or secede. (Shocker - Limbaugh of all people was making the case for secession today)

Genocide and ethnic cleansing.

This is what always happens in Marxist revolutions, when the old order suddenly is now the hated minority.

Again, entire towns were wiped out. This was post slavery. Where are the black oil barrons from the 1920s? Gone. Oil executives yes. But black owned oil companies? None that I'm aware of. No thriving independent towns. And the definition of systemic oppression doesn't mean "nobody ever did well." But hey, go back to slavery times. There were some blacks doing well even in the South. Some even owned slaves. Yet we can all agree that slavery was a systemic problem. Not every act of racism represents systemic oppression. But when entire towns disappear? That's systemic in my book. And yes I would feel that way if a white middle class down was wiped out by a bolshevik/jacobian mob.
    I would still say that does not define "systemic" in my mind. Slavery itself was not legal in the majority of the US even during the antebellum years.

Here in New England, there were blacks who rose to captain of the whaling ships and found wealth and prestige.
    There were more blacks in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket during the days of whaling than now in the days of liberal elites and playgrounds for the Obamas.

That's not to downplay any of the harm that was being done that you noted, but to claim it systemic is to say both: it can't be changed only destroyed and that nobody could ever do well.

That was a long answer. Here's a short answer. I'm not in favor of some sort of "racial severance check." I want to see a better system. I think most of us do.
    Many of us do. However there are many that do not. They have been convinced that there is nothing worth saving, that the concept of "America" is hopelessly corrupt, and every shade of -ist and -phobic, and want it torn down and utterly erased. They will tear down Robert E. Lee and the Massachusetts 54th both.

ETA - And I used to think the same way, but from just the polar opposite perspective: that the system was an enemy of the Bill of Rights and hopelessly corrupt and not redeemable. I naively thought that freedom was popular and the people would rise up in righteous anger and support a principled man of peace and liberty. Not only did they not do that, but actually went full retard in embracing authoritarian Marxism.

Yes! Exactly! Police brutality is not some "liberal" idea. I was sorely disappointed with Tucker Carlson, whom I generally liked until recently, attacking the ending of qualified immunity as "some way for liberal groups to sue cops." Nothing could be further from the truth!
    I saw that as well and turned it off and made sure to point that out to everybody.

Here's something I have long thought. Both the Tea Party and Occupy Wallstreet were angry at TARP. But both were convinced to be wary of the other. If we took the time to really think about it there is enough common ground for real change. You're against police brutality. I'm against the looting and burning. The media and the political masters would have us make a false choice. Either you're for the mob or you want unbridled power for the police.
    I wish that was the case, but I remain convinced it is not possible to make any meaningful accord with the Marxist left.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-17-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast