Thread: New petition to the White House on mandatory mask wearing

New petition to the White House on mandatory mask wearing

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Asking permission for something they have absolutely no authority over.

It takes a statist to understand, I guess.

I don't need a petition, or permission. I go where I want, when I want, no mask on me.

When are folks going to figure out that now more than ever is the time to "Starve the State"? Don't feed the animals!
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

I don't need a petition, or permission. I go where I want, when I want, no mask on me.

When are folks going to figure out that now more than ever is the time to "Starve the State"? Don't feed the animals!

^^^^This^^^^

Want to be free? BE FREE. It's that frickin' simple.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    ^^^^This^^^^

Want to be free? BE FREE. It's that frickin' simple.
    No government nor organization at any level should be able to mandate the public to wear face masks.

Created by J.H. on July 10, 2020

Sign This Petition

Needs 99,729 signatures by August 9, 2020 to get a response from the White House

271 signed
    100,000 goal
    Fresh oxygen is an absolute necessary for the well being of any person. No one should be able to restrict us from it, which is exactly what face masks do. The best thing that anyone can do to protect themselves from illnesses or viruses is to strengthen their immune system.

If you don't want to make your voices heard supporting the right of Americans to not wear masks then go ahead, people will remember.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No government nor organization at any level should be able to mandate the public to wear face masks.

Sign This Petition

Needs 99,729 signatures by August 9, 2020 to get a response from the White House

271 signed
    100,000 goal
    Fresh oxygen is an absolute necessary for the well being of any person. No one should be able to restrict us from it, which is exactly what face masks do. The best thing that anyone can do to protect themselves from illnesses or viruses is to strengthen their immune system.

If you don't want to make your voices heard supporting the right of Americans to not wear masks then go ahead, people will remember.
    It is not a matter of "shouldn't". THEY DON'T. End of story!

I am not signing a "petition", certainly not to "Feed the State".
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

It is not a matter of "shouldn't". THEY DON'T. End of story!

I am not signing a "petition", certainly not to "Feed the State".

He doesn't understand. THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE THINK.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

He doesn't understand. THEY DON'T CARE WHAT WE THINK.
    We don't care what he thinks either. I'm just getting a positive word in for any newbies/passersby ;-)

We don't care what he thinks either. I'm just getting a positive word in for any newbies/passersby ;-)

I hear you. The long and the short of it is, you don't petition or beg for permission to exercise your rights. You ASSERT them.
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd rather have people ignore the demands of wearing a mask and just go about their day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

For those who wonder what happened to activism around here, ^^^THIS^^^ is what happened.

The purists and fake purists shut it down as not pure enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For those who wonder what happened to activism around here, ^^^THIS^^^ is what happened.

The purists and fake purists shut it down as not pure enough.

NOBODY has shut anything down or prevented you or anyone else from signing a petition. You're lying again. Telling you the truth regarding the effectiveness of your particular activity is in no way "shut[ting] it down." It's merely an attempt to inform you that your limited time, effort and other scarce resources would be better spent in other, more effective activities. You're still perfectly free to ignore that good advice.

And please spare us the decietful implication that if not for "purists" this place would be a hotbed of activity and activism. That's pure bull$#@! and you know it. The biggest contributing factor to the lack of any real activity here is the fact that most people here have become so demoralized and defeated, and have so identified with the victim mentality, that it's psychologically almost impossible for them to act. You and others with your constant bombardment of hate and negativity are the prime reasons for that. "Purists" have nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 07-15-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'd rather have people ignore the demands of wearing a mask and just go about their day.
    How about those people in Michigan?

It's a misdemeanor with a $500 fine.

It's cheaper to pay the fine than it is to hire an attorney and fight it in court.

What would you suggest those folks do in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

It's cheaper to pay the fine than it is to hire an attorney and fight it in court.

Numbers help. If by folks plural, they could ban together and fight it locally. People need to be creative and stop bowing down. FFS, look at BLM and others.

Michigan sheriff says he'll respond to people not wearing masks, but won't enforce fines

This is why I would rather the elected sheriff do all the law enforcement and get rid of the police.

NOBODY has shut anything down or prevented you or anyone else from signing a petition. You're lying again. Telling you the truth regarding the effectiveness of your particular activity is in no way "shut[ting] it down." It's merely an attempt to inform you that your limited time, effort and other scarce resources would be better spent in other, more effective activities. You're still perfectly free to ignore that good advice.

And please spare us the decietful implication that if not for "purists" this place would be a hotbed of activity and activism. That's pure bull$#@! and you know it. The biggest contributing factor to the lack of any real activity here is the fact that most people here have become so demoralized and defeated, and have so identified with the victim mentality, that it's psychologically almost impossible for them to act. You and others with your constant bombardment of hate and negativity are the prime reasons for that. "Purists" have nothing to do with it.
    You are discouraging people from pursuing all avenues to fight for their rights, you not only don't sign the petition but post about how it's stupid and wrong to do so.

And don't give me that nonsense about it taking any time or effort to sign an internet petition, nobody is that stupid.
    And it is you purists and fake purists who go around spreading demoralization and defeatism while spreading hate for anyone who doesn't meet purist standards either here or in politics and wasting people's time and money on losers and backstabbers who work with our worst enemies against our best allies.

Your game is painfully obvious.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

I suggest folks realize that liberty is against the wall, it might cost you labor and resources to defend it, but it is worth it. Fight that $#@!, Brother!

I would prefer to give a lawyer $1000 than willingly give the tyrants $100. That’s where I am at.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Signed it. Thanks!
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Sign This Petition

271 signed
    100,000 goal

So I privately owned senior citizens home should not have the right to say you can't come in if you aren't wearing a mask? So much for private property rights. Also from my own "cigarette lighter" tests, the surgical style masks don't signficantly reduce the flow of oxyegn. Still, face shields potentially offer better protection and don't restrict oxygen flow at all. (Face shields protect your eyes for example and you are unlikely to touch your face with one one.)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tm_term=042920
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

At this point does a mandate matter? People have decided if they are going to wear one or not. I suppose if people were fined for not wearing one, you'll get a small percentage more complying.

At this point a mandate does 2 things. 1) piss some people off 2) generate revenue from fines. The number of people waiting for a mandate to wear a mask is so small it probably would not effect the spread of COVID-19. I wear a mask when I need to.