Thread: New Facebook Patent To Use TVs, Phones To Spy On People

New Facebook Patent To Use TVs, Phones To Spy On People

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-07-...n-people.html#

(Natural News) A new patent filing shows that Facebook is working on an insidious new way to get smartphones to spy on people. The patent would let it hide audio signals on TVs that would trigger smartphones to start listening in on their owners.

According to the filing, published June 14, Facebook would use the system with ads so that it can tell advertisers whether or not people are actually paying attention to their commercials.

Secretly telling phones to start listening and recording

First spotted by Metro, the patent would allow Facebook to hide “a non-human hearable sound” in the audio of a TV ad or other content. While humans can’t hear the sound, smartphones can, and as such, a special signal will be embedded into the sound, which will tell any smartphone that hears it – with the Facebook app installed – to start recording.

The patent states that the recording will focus on “ambient audio,” which Facebook’s patent describes as “distinct and subtle sounds of a particular location created by the environment of the location, such as machinery noise, the sound of distant human movement and speech, creaks from thermal contraction, and air conditioning and plumbing noises in a household.”

Part of what the technology will record will be the actual commercial that triggered it. The reason for this is down to what Facebook wants to use the technology for in the first place – it wants to use the system to see if people are actually paying attention to the ads that trigger them.

The theory seems to be that, should the sound from the “broadcasting device” become muffled, then it means that whoever owns the phone had moved away from the TV. Should that not happen, however, then it’s likely that they were engaged by the ad.

Using this technology, Facebook can find out what ads people are watching, so they can serve more of those ads to them. At the same time, it’ll also allow companies to get a better sense of the size of the audience that has viewed their ad.

Facebook already spies on people

It should come as no surprise that Facebook is looking to try out new technology to figure out what ads its users are being engaged by. Advertising makes up the bulk of Facebook’s business and being able to provide better target ads to people only helps their business. It also should come as no surprise then that Facebook is having phones spy on their owners. (Related: Why is Facebook spying on the AUDIO of its users?)

So its no longer enough to go beyond Advertising Saturation and go full in to Advertising Pollution. Its no longer enough that you have zero privacy. Its no longer enough that you have to pay to see ads. Its no longer enough to just put up with ads. Now, you have to pay attention. Your attention is the thing that is now for sale. It used to be up to the recipient as to respond to the ad, whether or not they felt like it. Thats no longer enough. I swear if Advertisers got their way, they would have you listen to 500 ads all at the same time 24 hours a day, and even show you ads in your dreams.

I cant imagine a worse Hell than one where advertising now invades your dreams. Especially when those ads are pretty much all LIES.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-07-...n-people.html#

So its no longer enough to go beyond Advertising Saturation and go full in to Advertising Pollution. Its no longer enough that you have zero privacy. Its no longer enough that you have to pay to see ads. Its no longer enough to just put up with ads. Now, you have to pay attention. Your attention is the thing that is now for sale. It used to be up to the recipient as to respond to the ad, whether or not they felt like it. Thats no longer enough. I swear if Advertisers got their way, they would have you listen to 500 ads all at the same time 24 hours a day, and even show you ads in your dreams.

I cant imagine a worse Hell than one where advertising now invades your dreams. Especially when those ads are pretty much all LIES.
    I go out of my way not to buy things that are advertised to me. Unless I already thought of it and ads pop up after I googled for it. Then I just feel bad for the stores spending $$ on Adwords. And damn, those campaigns can be expensive. It's a principle thing that's also an interesting hobby for me.
    "I am a bird"