Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump - More white people killed by cops than blacks

Exclamation Trump - More white people killed by cops than blacks

I've already run the thread that disproves the BLM claim that "white privilege" prevents cops from ever killing innocent whites.

They do, and they kill whites in greater numbers, and they kill them in the exact same ways that they killed George Floyd (See: Tony Timpa)

Fact Check: Police Do Kill More White People, but There’s More to the Story

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...-to-the-story/

Joel B. Pollak 14 Jul 2020

CLAIM: CBS News says “Black Americans are more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than White people.”

VERDICT: Unclear. One study suggests that there is no racial bias in police shootings. And there is more to the story.

On Tuesday, CBS News released an interview with President Donald Trump in which Catherine Herridge asked a provocative question — a version of the “systemic racism” question that journalists cannot seem to stop asking:

Herridge: Let’s talk about George Floyd. You said George Floyd’s death is a terrible thing.
    Trump: Terrible.

Herridge: Why are African Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?

Trump: And so are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people. More white people, by the way. More white people.

The president is correct: more white people are shot by police than black people.

In an writeup by Grace Segers, CBS News acknowledged that fact, but then suggested the president was wrong anyway, because there are more white people. Other data, CBS claimed, show “Black Americans are more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than White people.”

But the analysis does not end there, as Scott Adams observed last month (describing an analytical “funnel” on the issue). The problem might be that black Americans encounter police more often.

After all, Harvard economist Roland Fryer Jr. — who happens to be African American — found in 2016 that police are more likely to shoot white suspects than black suspects, if there is any racial bias in such shootings. (He recently updated that finding — see below.)

Even then, however, there is more to the story. Fryer also found that aside from shootings, police are more likely to mistreat black and Latino suspects in non-lethal ways.

And last month, he wrote in the Wall Street Journal that even when black and Latino suspects did not resist arrest — a common feature in many controversial cases — “Black civilians who were recorded as compliant by police were 21% more likely to suffer police aggression than compliant whites” (emphasis added).

Fryer also updated his 2016 research to note that there appeared to be no racial bias in police shootings.

That is good news, but it does not resolve the question of racial bias in law enforcement.

While more white people are shot, that may simply be because there are more white Americans.

And while a disproportionate number of black people are shot, that may be because they encounter police more often.

And we do not know whether that is because black people commit more crimes, or because of racial bias by police.

We simply do not know enough.

What we do know is that the number of unarmed black Americans shot by police is very small, falling to single digits last year. That is good news.

The only other thing that seems evident is what Trump told Herridge: “What a terrible question to ask.”

On a sensitive topic where data serve to confuse rather than clarify, questions that presume bad faith create more heat than light.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, is it just because blacks are more likely to have contact with cops more often that makes up for the slight increase in per capita arrest and brutality incidents?

It's a matter of fact that blacks commit murder and violent crime at rates much higher than what their portion of the population would account for.

This is indisputable, and could be the reason for that increased contact with cops, which I have been preaching for years, is to be avoided at all costs.

Why is that though?

One of the commonly held beliefs is that collapse of the black family and lack of fathers is to blame...but is it?

In 1964 black families lacking a father were 28 percent of the total.

The black murder rate was 22.9

The white murder rate was 2.7

In 2015 (I haven't got complete numbers past that, will update if I find them)

Black families lacking a father were 72 percent of the total.

The black murder rate was 20.9

The white murder rate was 2.6

For all intents and purposes, identical. If anything, the number is slightly lower, but this could be just how the "race" of murder suspects was recorded.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series...r20_006acc.pdf
    https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/08/10...-average-11680
    https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...-of-nearly-75/

I'm not sure what the problem is, but what is not the problem, is white people.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-15-2020 at 05:54 PM.

The problem is they bought into the lies that white people caused all of the struggle and pain that they have been dealing with their entire lives. Truthfully, most of us believed this at one point and I'm sure many still do.

They are coming to terms with this as we speak, not all, but many. They are waking up, you can already see signs of this. I'm seeing some accurately recognize that the government has never actually been there for them, just like it's not there for any group but themselves.

One of the blessings in disguise that has come out of this entire black vs. white/cop riot clown show, is that people are studying why this has happened for such a long time, and they are finding out everything you are saying AF. Yay math and statistics. They are finding out there was an alternative narrative created that lasted their entire lifetime, that they were lied to, from every angle, for decades, and they are struggling with why this was, but they are really coming to some significant realizations. The statistics are overwhelmingly against the age old narrative that this is simply just racist cops doing terrible things.

The slave patrol (cops) does not discriminate by race, they simply enforce the will of the tyrannical over the plebs, including whites. No racism necessary, all plebs are considered threats to the crown, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    The problem is they bought into the lies that white people caused all of the struggle and pain that they have been dealing with their entire lives. Truthfully, most of us believed this at one point and I'm sure many still do.

They are coming to terms with this as we speak, not all, but many. They are waking up, you can already see signs of this. I'm seeing some accurately recognize that the government has never actually been there for them, just like it's not there for any group but themselves.

One of the blessings in disguise that has come out of this entire black vs. white/cop riot clown show, is that people are studying why this has happened for such a long time, and they are finding out everything you are saying AF. Yay math and statistics. They are finding out there was an alternative narrative created that lasted their entire lifetime, that they were lied to, from every angle, for decades, and they are struggling with why this was, but they are really coming to some significant realizations. The statistics are overwhelmingly against the age old narrative that this is simply just racist cops doing terrible things.

The slave patrol (cops) does not discriminate by race, they simply enforce the will of the tyrannical over the plebs, including whites. No racism necessary, all plebs are considered threats to the crown, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Exactly and the problem what some blacks when they get arrested do? they talk with the cops you never never talk when your arrested or they are questioning you dont open your mouth unless they ask questions but you never should talk straight up then the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

You may be right...I was thinking Trump's remarks would have resulted in horrified screeching from coast to coast, but outside a few indignant and incorrect remarks (if George Floyd was white he would not have been killed by cops) from a few of the Marxist media organs, there has been no major reaction.

Because what he said was correct.

And when you start looking even closer, the idea that blacks get killed more often as a ratio also starts to fall apart.

so more is less?

ihrt orwell...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    so more is less?

ihrt orwell...
    It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grammes a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be REDUCED to twenty grammes a week.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Trump - More white people killed by cops than blacks
    Does this have any significance or another statement in the below categories?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.
    White nationalist leader turns on Trump, says he's playing a 'con game', 'gives us nothing outside of tweets'

If it is a significant statement, does it imply that similar numbers apply in case of police detentions and he was aware of that when he said this?

Trump to Police: 'Don't Be Too Nice'

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does this have any significance or another statement in the below categories?
    Probably not.

Don't ask me what goes through El Jefe Narajano's head.

He stated the obvious, and I posted it with no more thought to it than if he said "The sun rises in the east".

It gave me an opening to bring up more inconvenient facts.

Probably not.

Don't ask me what goes through El Jefe Narajano's head.

He stated the obvious, and I posted it with no more thought to it than if he said "The sun rises in the east".

It gave me an opening to bring up more inconvenient facts
    Ok, that does explains it very well.
    Probably all or many of us leverage headlines to build/expand our povs.

Blacks are more likely to be killed by other blacks than the cops. Why doesn't BLM address that? Inconvenient truth.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Blacks are more likely to be killed by other blacks than the cops. Why doesn't BLM address that? Inconvenient truth.
    Because they are taking the law into their own hands because they don't trust law enforcement officers.

I've already run the thread that disproves the BLM claim that "white privilege" prevents cops from ever killing innocent whites.

They do, and they kill whites in greater numbers, and they kill them in the exact same ways that they killed George Floyd (See: Tony Timpa)

Fact Check: Police Do Kill More White People, but There’s More to the Story

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...-to-the-story/

Joel B. Pollak 14 Jul 2020

CLAIM: CBS News says “Black Americans are more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than White people.”

VERDICT: Unclear. One study suggests that there is no racial bias in police shootings. And there is more to the story.

On Tuesday, CBS News released an interview with President Donald Trump in which Catherine Herridge asked a provocative question — a version of the “systemic racism” question that journalists cannot seem to stop asking:

Herridge: Let’s talk about George Floyd. You said George Floyd’s death is a terrible thing.
    Trump: Terrible.

Herridge: Why are African Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?

Trump: And so are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people. More white people, by the way. More white people.

The president is correct: more white people are shot by police than black people.

In an writeup by Grace Segers, CBS News acknowledged that fact, but then suggested the president was wrong anyway, because there are more white people. Other data, CBS claimed, show “Black Americans are more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than White people.”

But the analysis does not end there, as Scott Adams observed last month (describing an analytical “funnel” on the issue). The problem might be that black Americans encounter police more often.

After all, Harvard economist Roland Fryer Jr. — who happens to be African American — found in 2016 that police are more likely to shoot white suspects than black suspects, if there is any racial bias in such shootings. (He recently updated that finding — see below.)

Even then, however, there is more to the story. Fryer also found that aside from shootings, police are more likely to mistreat black and Latino suspects in non-lethal ways.

And last month, he wrote in the Wall Street Journal that even when black and Latino suspects did not resist arrest — a common feature in many controversial cases — “Black civilians who were recorded as compliant by police were 21% more likely to suffer police aggression than compliant whites” (emphasis added).

Fryer also updated his 2016 research to note that there appeared to be no racial bias in police shootings.

That is good news, but it does not resolve the question of racial bias in law enforcement.

While more white people are shot, that may simply be because there are more white Americans.

And while a disproportionate number of black people are shot, that may be because they encounter police more often.

And we do not know whether that is because black people commit more crimes, or because of racial bias by police.

We simply do not know enough.

What we do know is that the number of unarmed black Americans shot by police is very small, falling to single digits last year. That is good news.

The only other thing that seems evident is what Trump told Herridge: “What a terrible question to ask.”

On a sensitive topic where data serve to confuse rather than clarify, questions that presume bad faith create more heat than light.
    Watch 12:30 - 15:00 of this video.

I was shocked to see Marc Lamont Hill concede to Candace Owens the "blacks aren't killed at a greater rate than whites" argument but then pivot to the "There's more police brutality towards blacks and latinos than whites" argument. Overall that whole 2 hour video is worth watching. It is rare to see two people with such diametrically opposed views have a civil conversation.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Probably for the same reason that the general American public freaks out more when a Muslim terrorist kills a white person than when a white person kills a white person...unless that white person is a mass shooter and there is a gun control narrative to push.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a matter of fact that blacks commit murder and violent crime at rates much higher than what their portion of the population would account for.
    Is it black murderers and violent criminals who are being killed by police, then?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Is it black murderers and violent criminals who are being killed by police, then?
    In many cases.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That increases the contacts with cops, which, I have maintained all along, are dangerous for anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Watch 12:30 - 15:00 of this video.

I was shocked to see Marc Lamont Hill concede to Candace Owens the "blacks aren't killed at a greater rate than whites" argument but then pivot to the "There's more police brutality towards blacks and latinos than whites" argument. Overall that whole 2 hour video is worth watching. It is rare to see two people with such diametrically opposed views have a civil conversation.
    I want to see the whole thing, so I will watch it, when I have the time later tonight.

I don't know much about Owens but Mrs. AF is a big fan.

Cops terrorize citizens and do far more psychological damage than murder. My theory is their jobs are rough and leave them mentally damaged. They treat eachother like brothers and non cops are non family. When one of their family members die they suffer mentally. They are playing cops and robbers and anyone who isnt a cop is a suspect. They don't mind causing psychological damage because they are damaged. Psychology says psychopaths seek positions of power like jobs in the police force. The other bad apples get created through trauma. Trauma induced sociopaths that think of non cops as non humans. I am sure some of them are good people but the bad ones sure make life hell for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Cops terrorize citizens and do far more psychological damage than murder. My theory is their jobs are rough and leave them mentally damaged. They treat eachother like brothers and non cops are non family. When one of their family members die they suffer mentally. They are playing cops and robbers and anyone who isnt a cop is a suspect. They don't mind causing psychological damage because they are damaged. Psychology says psychopaths seek positions of power like jobs in the police force. The other bad apples get created through trauma. Trauma induced sociopaths that think of non cops as non humans. I am sure some of them are good people but the bad ones sure make life hell for a lot of people.
    You have a very valid point.

I have long been in favor of elected sheriffs and citizen deputies.

There should be a limit of five years of max time you could spend as a beat cop.

Anything past that and you become damaged goods, jaded and weird.

That increases the contacts with cops, which, I have maintained all along, are dangerous for anybody.
    Increases whose contacts with cops?

Murderers' and violent criminals' contacts with cops?

... or all blacks' contacts with cops?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You have a very valid point.

I have long been in favor of elected sheriffs and citizen deputies.

There should be a limit of five years of max time you could spend as a beat cop.

Anything past that and you become damaged goods, jaded and weird.
    It happens with doctors and military personnel sometimes too. They are asked to do the impossible. How many babies can you watch die or help put the pieces back together before you disassociate your humanity to get through the job.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Murderers' and violent criminals' contacts with cops.

Let's take a look at St. George Floyd, the man who stuck a gun in the belly of a pregnant woman and threatened to shoot her and who was arrested for passing counterfeit money.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Criminals contact with cops.

Asians have lower crime rates than whites, blacks or Latinos.

How often do you see police abuse reports regarding Asians?

Is that "profiling" or just responding to where crime is?

The narrative that is being used to build Marxist revolution is false.

Blacks are killed at 2.5 times the rate as whites by police, which matches closely to the murder rate by blacks. And that gap is almost certainly larger in reality because in places like Detroit 90% if murders go unsolved.

In nearly every killing that gets publicized (with a couple exceptions) the black person killed was a violent person. Michael Brown had just robbed a store. That guy in Atlanta was just out of prison. George Floyd was a career violent criminal. Look at Rodney King. His life was one arrest after another.

The overwhelming majority of black people are good people. But a hugely disproportionate number are criminals so it makes sense police would be put in a threatening position where they would have to use force which in turn would result in more times that force might be questionable.

I want to see the whole thing, so I will watch it, when I have the time later tonight.

I don't know much about Owens but Mrs. AF is a big fan.
    she might be the most appealing woman in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Blacks are killed at 2.5 times the rate as whites by police,
    Wrong..
    More "Whites" are killed by Police..

but there have not been Riots over it..

Fact is entirely Too Many People are being Killed by Police. Often Unarmed people.
    and there is no excuse for that ever.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wrong..
    More "Whites" are killed by Police..
    I said rate not total

Blacks 13% of population.
    Whites 61% of population

Multiply total blacks shot by 4 and compare to total whites shot. See what numbers you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast