Thread: White supremacist killer given lethal injection in first US federal execution since 2003

Post White supremacist killer given lethal injection in first US federal execution since 2003

Strong signal being sent by Trump administration:

Daniel Lewis Lee: White supremacist killer given lethal injection in first US federal execution since 2003

Federal executions are rare - there have only been three since 1988 and the last was 17 years ago.

Tuesday 14 July 2020
    Indiana

Image: Daniel Lewis Lee said 'I didn't do it' just before he was killed. Pic: Spokane Police Department

A white supremacist has been killed by lethal injection in the first US federal execution for nearly two decades.
    Daniel Lewis Lee, who tortured and murdered a couple and their eight-year-old daughter and dumped them in water, was executed at the federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana.

"I didn't do it," he said just before he was killed.
    "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I'm not a murderer... You're killing an innocent man."
    Lee's execution was postponed by a district court on Monday over a legal challenge against a new injection protocol, but in the early hours the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that it could go ahead.

Federal executions are rare - the vast majority are carried out by individual states - with only three since 1988 and the last in 2003.
    news.sky.com/story/daniel-lewis-lee-white-supremacist-given-lethal-injection-in-first-us-federal-execution-since-2003-12028396

Cruel, unusual, and costly

American conservatives are pushing for the repeal of the death penalty

The federal government’s enthusiasm for executions is at odds with many Republican-led states

July 14th 2020
    PENTOBARBITAL IS due to be injected into Daniel Lee, a white supremacist convicted of a triple murder, on the morning of July 13th. The drug, administered at a federal prison in Indiana, is supposed first to make him unconscious, then stop his heart or prevent breathing. This week the Supreme Court declined to take up a case that might have stopped his death. Instead, barring late legal challenges, his will be the first execution carried out under federal authority in 17 years. It comes a year after William Barr, the attorney-general, ordered them to resume.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...-death-penalty

Related

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19

Trump Deputy AG Rosenstein on recent mass shootings: “white terrorism” is more precise

Joey Jones of Foxnews on white supremacists and white supremacist evil doers
    "If you're a white supremacist or thinking about it, you're not American , we renounce you, this is not a country for you... if you do anything evil, we will find you, we will hunt you down and take you out, we renounce you."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Black Lives Matter

If he were a Somali black, president Trump might have pardoned him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

But leftists are constantly telling us that Trump is a nazi therefore theres no way he would allow this guy to get executed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    But leftists are constantly telling us that Trump is a nazi therefore theres no way he would allow this guy to get executed.
    Pretty sure the hatred of Trump by the left comes from because he defeated both Jeb Bush and Hillary.

White supremacist - or - Screw states rights, don't ever let a crisis go to waste and see how much power the people will GIVE to the FED.

What will the federal executions achieve? Donald Trump has long yearned for more use of capital punishment. Late in June the president told an interviewer he is “totally in favour of the death penalty”. On Twitter he calls himself a “law and order” leader. His base of supporters should cheer. Among older Republicans a big majority long shared his views: a Pew survey from two years ago found that 81% of 50-64 year-olds supported its use, as did 78% who were 65 or older.
    Once the FED is in absolute control, which is moving incredibly at Warp Speed, the NWO should have no problem.

His fan base will never utter a word.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I've never heard of this guy before.

I don't know what evidence there was against him or what he's claimed in the past.

I find it noteworthy when a person says that they are innocent to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

I don't know what evidence there was against him or what he's claimed in the past.

I don't know the facts surrounding the case either. But it appears obvious that those at the top want more power to the Fed.

Trump ordered the execution of Iranian diplomat Gen. Qassim Soleimani.

He also wants Snowden.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Pretty sure the hatred of Trump by the left comes from because he defeated both Jeb Bush and Hillary.
    President Donnell = Jeb! +Hillary
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

A bit disturbing when they deny till the end. Kind of highlights the problem with capital punishment.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For some reason many of latest reports on this story seem to be from UK media.
    If this reporting is accurate, recent Trump administration led aggressive campaign against anti-semitism/hate crimes may laso have played a role in carrying out of this first federal execution since 2003.

Who were Daniel Lewis Lee’s victims William Frederick Mueller, Nancy Ann Mueller and Sarah Elizabeth Powell?

• Updated: 14 Jul 2020

William Frederick Mueller worked as a local gun dealer in Tilly, Arkansas.

Less than a year before, Mr Mueller told authorities that his home had been burgled of firearms and other items worth more than £40,000 ($50,000).

According to the Southern Poverty Law Centre, Mueller feared the white supremacist gang would return to their home in the remote Ozark Woods after the burglary.
    The family were then murdered at the property in January 1996.

Who was Daniel Lewis Lee? Former Death Row inmate killed in the first US federal execution in 17 years

The execution took place in Indiana today

Daniel Lewis Lee and an accomplice were convicted of killing three members of a family in 1996.
    Lee’s execution had been blocked after his victims’ relatives sought to have it delayed, fearing that attending could expose them to coronavirus.
    An initial ruling by the appeal court meant the execution by lethal injection would go ahead. The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said in its ruling that the family's claim "lacks any arguable legal basis and is therefore frivolous".

However, the execution date was thrown into serious doubt after a last-minute federal court appeal, when a district judge ordered a new delay in federal executions.
    Today, the 47-year-old was put to death by lethal execution.
    Here, we take a look at the crimes of Daniel Lewis Lee and why this execution was so significant.

Who was Daniel Lewis Lee?

Daniel Lewis Lee was a self-confessed white supremacist from Yukon, Oklahoma.
    Court documents state that he also went by the name of Daniel Lewis Graham, D L Graham, and Danny Lee.

He was found guilty of taking part in the murder of three members of the same family 24 years ago.

Why was he on Death Row?

Lee was convicted of murdering three members of the Mueller family, a family of Jewish descent who lived in Searcy County, Arkansas in 1996.
    William Frederick Mueller, his wife Nancy Ann Mueller and his 8-year-old stepdaughter, Sarah Elizabeth Powell were all killed.

The year before, his accomplice Chevie Kehoe had burgled the family home to steal a large collection of guns, ammunition and money.
    standard.co.uk/news/world/who-daniel-lewis-lee-death-row-inmate-a4496606.html

Chevie Kehoe

Chevie O'Brien Kehoe (born January 29, 1973) is an American white supremacist and convicted murderer. He is serving three consecutive life sentences for the kidnapping, torture, and murder of William Mueller and his family.[3] His accomplice, Daniel Lewis Lee, was sentenced to death for the murders and was executed on July 14, 2020.[4]

Early life and education

Kehoe was born in Orange Park, Florida, United States.[5] He was the oldest of eight sons born to Kirby and Gloria Kehoe, and was named after his father's favorite brand of automobile (Chevrolet). His father had served in the Navy during the Vietnam War. When Kehoe was an infant, his father moved the family to Madison County, North Carolina.

In 1985, Kirby moved the family again, this time to near Deep Lake in Stevens County, Washington. Kehoe entered Colville Junior High School as a ninth grader in 1987 where he was an honor student.[6] Incidentally, future serial killer Israel Keyes was a family friend. In 1988, his parents pulled him and his younger brother Cheyne out of public school, and from then on they were home-schooled.[6]

Raised with increasingly extreme anti-government and white supremacist beliefs, Kehoe formed a plan to bring down the United States government with his self-styled "Aryan People's Republic" militia.

People are liars. You don't typically get the death penalty unless the evidence is incontrovertible. I don't know any of the details of this case though.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    You don't typically get the death penalty unless the evidence is incontrovertible.
    To be devil's advocate, could any new incontrovertible evidence have been uncovered recently since current administration took charge that 20 years of Clinton-Bush-Obama DOJs missed.. or change in political Will also played a role.
    Are these the only murders in last 24 years where evidence is incontrovertible and hence death penalty is being enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    To be devil's advocate, could any new incontrovertible evidence have been uncovered recently since current administration took charge that 20 years of Clinton-Bush-Obama DOJs missed.. or change in political Will also played a role.
    Are these the only murders in last 24 years where evidence is incontrovertible and hence death penalty is being enforced.
    Wasn't he sentenced in 1999? He would not have been sentenced to death in the first place without incontrovertible evidence. I don't think it's right that the ringleader got life in prison while he got the death penalty, but maybe the ringleader cooperated.

People are liars. You don't typically get the death penalty unless the evidence is incontrovertible. I don't know any of the details of this case though.
    I don't trust the government to be the arbitrator of death. No one should get the death penalty, because then all you need to do to get rid of dissidents is find a way to turn them into a murderer.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A bit disturbing when they deny till the end. Kind of highlights the problem with capital punishment.
    I remain opposed to capital punishment for anybody.

Too many have been found to be innocent after the fact.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That seems to be the problem , govt cannot be trusted to get anything right and that goes for juries of " peers" too. You'd think that many people could just agree to disagree when the proof is not there but you cannot count on it and dont want to bet your life on it . Those juries of peers are selected from populations that voted fifty percent or better for people like woodrow wilson , LBJ , FDR , Obama , Gore , Kerry ,Clinton etc which in itself proves lack of critical thinking .

I agree. With one exception.

Death penalty should be reserved only for those whose crimes have affected all of us.

That leaves public officials.

Exactly my POV!

And from what I've been reading, it seems that Chevie Kehoe, who received life sentence(s), did the most horrendous stuff, which Daniel refused to do, but still got executed. Nancy Mueller's (the murdered wife) mother even begged for the courts not to execute Daniel.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I don't trust the government to be the arbitrator of death. No one should get the death penalty, because then all you need to do to get rid of dissidents is find a way to turn them into a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That seems to be the problem , govt cannot be trusted to get anything right and that goes for juries of " peers" too. You'd think that many people could just agree to disagree when the proof is not there but you cannot count on it and dont want to bet your life on it . Those juries of peers are selected from populations that voted fifty percent or better for people like woodrow wilson , LBJ , FDR , Obama , Gore , Kerry ,Clinton etc which in itself proves lack of critical thinking .
    I suppose the death penalty might be tolerable in the cases where there is no doubt, like when the criminal laughs and flips off the family of the dead person(s). It has happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_ocoy59kvOz1unfkofo1_250.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	7624
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In the past when the death penalty was more liberally used. I'm not a big fan of it either, there is a pretty good argument for its existence though as it can be used as leverage to give a family closure. People have refused to lead investigators to the dead bodies until they took the penalty off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly my POV!

And from what I've been reading, it seems that Chevie Kehoe, who received life sentence(s), did the most horrendous stuff, which Daniel refused to do, but still got executed. Nancy Mueller's (the murdered wife) mother even begged for the courts not to execute Daniel.
    I read that too, but I didn't see why that is. Obviously Daniel refused to cooperate, did Kehoe agree to cooperate and give the family closure? If every member of the family wanted him spared the death penalty then he should have spared, but if it was just the mother-in-law, and everyone else wanted him to pay for what he did that's different.

In the past when the death penalty was more liberally used. I'm not a big fan of it either, there is a pretty good argument for its existence though as it can be used as leverage to give a family closure. People have refused to lead investigators to the dead bodies until they took the penalty off the table.
    Yes, those points are valid, but to me, do not overcome the much larger injustice of the state routinely executing innocent people.

Pretty pointless to even argue about it right now though, when states are releasing violent felons by the thousands and no longer providing law enforcement response to property crimes and felony assaults.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

If he were a Somali black, president Trump might have pardoned him.
    The two cases are like apples and grapes though or even more drastically different analogy would apply as underlying cases/narure of alleged crines are radically different.
    Granted in that case Trump administration threatened Swedish government with "negative consequences" to get overturned Swedish Court conviction, that happened at the time when Trump administration led minorities outreach/social justice/prison reform campaign was at its peak and politics may have been a factor too possibly.

Wasn't he sentenced in 1999? He would not have been sentenced to death in the first place without incontrovertible evidence. I don't think it's right that the ringleader got life in prison while he got the death penalty, but maybe the ringleader cooperated.
    True, it was 24 year old conviction. If justice is being uniformly applied, there can be cases where capital punishment may be warranted. At the same time, there have also been cases where prosecutors/public official "fried" people for political gains and there have been cases where innocent were falsely convicted. That said, there is no indication that political pressure (as happened in case of recent "syria bombing" decision) or coming elections/top donors played any role in this decision.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.