Thread: OK, there ARE a few good cops ... but not for long.

OK, there ARE a few good cops ... but not for long.

I was going to post this over in my James Freeman thread, but after watching both videos I decided it deserved a thread of its own.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's no longer a cop...which proves the point.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    He's no longer a cop...which proves the point.

Exactly. Hence the "not for long."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I miss him too. A real loss.
    Chris

They Fired Him - There Are No Good Cops

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I miss him too. A real loss.
    Well, integrity is truly a handicap in today's society. This guy should be the head of the FBI, and they fired him. Well, G Anderson, if you read this: thank you. If I had money or means I'd get a go fund me going for you. Unfortunately, you don't fit the narrative. The call for your scalp likely came from on-high.

Great message. Just pure integrity. So rare. More billionaires in this country than men with integrity.

WILL GRIGG IS GONE?!?! Damn.
    Last edited by bv3; 07-15-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    WILL GRIGG IS GONE?!?! Damn.
    Sadly, yes. We lost him just over three years ago: www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509704-RIP-William-N-Grigg

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sadly, yes. We lost him just over three years ago: www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?509704-RIP-William-N-Grigg

Chris

This is what happens to good cops ...

This is what happens to good cops ...

Add Javier Esqueda to the list ...

https://twitter.com/PoliceThePolic1/...71323176361988

As Killer Cops Walk Free, Hero Cop Who Leaked Video of Sadistic Killing Goes to Trial
    https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ki...-cops-charged/
    Matt Agorist (08 May 2021)

[...]

The list of cops who kill innocent people and get away with it is vast and serves as a reminder of how the justice system works in the ostensible land of the free. Government agents who kill — even innocent children — face almost no accountability.

However, cops who point out corruption in their department and attempt to prevent violence, often times find themselves on the receiving end of this justice system — persecuted for doing the right thing.

One of these officers is Joliet police Sgt. Javier Esqueda who is a good cop. We can say this with certainty because he proved it by refusing to stay silent about the alleged criminal acts of his fellow cops and risked his career and now his freedom to shine light into darkness. He watched a video of his fellow officers appear to suffocate a man until he died and decided that enough was enough.

For exposing the crimes of his fellow cops, Esqueda was arrested and subsequently indicted and charged on four counts of official misconduct for accessing a video of alleged criminal activity within his own department.

This week, attorney Jeff Tomzcak, who represents the 51-year-old whistleblower cop, asked for the case against Esqueda to be dismissed. However, thanks to a corrupt system, that motion was denied by Kendall County Judge Robert Pilmer and Esqueda will face trial and potential years in prison for doing the right thing.

The complaint states that on June 10, Esqueda “knowingly performed an act with (sic) he knew to be forbidden by law to perform in that he used the laptop in his Joliet Police Department squad car while not on duty to access the Joliet Police Department WatchGuard system to view a video file which was locked and he did so while in a motor vehicle which passed through Kendall County. All of the foregoing occurred in Kendall County, Illinois.”

Joliet Police Chief Al Roechner orchestrated criminal charges against Esqueda after he brought shame on the department in July of last year for leaking the video.

“What is most sad about this is that this is a clear message from Chief Roechner to the frontline officers that should they see actions they believe are misconduct by fellow officers, they must keep their mouths shut and stay quiet or they will be charged with a felony,” Tomczak told Patch. He then predicted that Esqueda will get a goldmine – from the taxpayers of Joliet and Illinois — as a result of a future federal lawsuit that Esqueda is now certain to file against the city of Joliet and the Joliet Police Department of Chief Roechner, according to Patch.

Because prosecutors in Esqueda’s county had nothing on which to charge the officer Tomczak says the chief went to a neighboring county to seek out a favor in charging the good cop.

“I also have no doubt in my mind that these charges were shopped around and Will County prosecutors declined, as they should, so they went shopping in Kendall County and were able to find a prosecutor to file these bad charges.”

“I am anticipating winning and I am anticipating this case ends with a big fat federal judgment against the city of Joliet and every officer involved in these charges,” Tomczak assured Patch.

The idea that an officer, who did his job and exposed criminals to hold them accountable, would subsequently be arrested for this heroic act, speaks to the nature of the thin blue line. When examining the case Esqueda exposed, the fact that this is being covered up is horrifying.

As TFTP previously reported, cops killed Eric Lurry in their custody.

On January 29, police targeted Lurry because they suspected him of having a substance deemed illegal by the state.

According to CBS 2, Nicole Lurry said her husband had just finished getting his license to be a barber, and was enrolled in school to become an instructor at the barber school. But in late January, the 37-year-old – who had served time before for drugs – got arrested again.

When police arrested Lurry, they put him in the back of a squad car and suspected him of putting drugs in his mouth. Because the state claims the right to kidnap, cage, beat, and kill people over arbitrary substances, when Lurry was put in the back of the car, he was essentially tortured.

In an attempt to get Lurry to spit out the drugs, police held his nose closed while shoving a baton in his mouth and hitting him. This torture went on for nearly two entire minutes until Lurry fell unconscious and eventually died.

Though the Will County coroner’s office ruled his death an accident due to heroin, fentanyl and cocaine intoxication, Esqueda disagrees, so do many other folks who watched the video.

“He was suffocating,” Esqueda said. “In my opinion, anybody would suffocate in that situation.”

For five months, the department kept the video secret while clearing the cops involved. Nicole Lurry never knew of the video’s existence until Esqueda blew the whistle after he came across it.

Adding to the egregious act of hiding such damning evidence is the fact that the audio had been turned off after the officers were seen slapping Lurry.

“It was almost like the supervisor looks off and says something to somebody, and then you hear the sound cut out. That’s what alerted me that possibly, they were trying to get rid of evidence,” Esqueda said.

“So there was a deliberate, initial act to turn off the audio or get rid of the audio?” CBS 2 reporters asked Sgt. Esqueda.

“There had to be. There’s no way that can happen,” he said.

If all cops had this resolve, America would be in a much better place than where we currently find ourselves.

Unfortunately, corruption and violence are the norms and the cops who killed Lurry are free while the cop who exposed his death goes to trial.

The entire Joliet Police Department upper administration, Will-Grundy Major Crimes Task Force, Coroner Patrick O’Neil and State’s Attorney James Glasgow all stayed silent about Lurry’s death, highlighting the systemic and corrupt code of silence.

And now, the only man facing accountability in Lurry’s death is the one who exposed it. Is this justice?

Joliet Police Sgt. Talks About Blowing Whistle On Video Of Man Who Died In Custody
    The video showing Eric Lurry, who died in custody in January, is is another example of police departments across the country holding back on critical videos that raise questions about misconduct. But in this case, it was Joliet Police Department’s own training sergeant who blew the whistle. CBS 2 Investigator Dave Savini reports.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yns9oho2Os

Cops should be more libertarian.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge