Thread: Trump fans support Spanish-Mexican food distributor Goya after Trump critics launch boycott

Trump fans support Spanish-Mexican food distributor Goya after Trump critics launch boycott

Probably the second biggest such boycott politica campaign since Trump supporters launched boycott of Swedish brands over arrest of Somali-American rapper A$AP Rocky. Although, some folks like Trurning Point USA's Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro being identified as 'conservatives' had been recently booed by some more hardcore 'conservatives' and MAGA supporters like Nick Fuente suggesting that they were SJWs/progressives etc, so this reporting is bit confusing.

7 hours ago

Conservatives rally around Goya amid calls for boycott over CEO's pro-Trump remarks

Ted Cruz, Meghan McCain and Charlie Kirk were some who weighed in

By Sam Dorman | Fox News

Calls to boycott Goya grow after CEO praises Trump

Reaction and analysis from radio host Tony Katz on ‘America’s News HQ.’

A number of prominent conservatives have offered their support for Goya Foods as it faces mass calls for boycott over its CEO's decision to praise President Trump.
    On Friday, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted: "Goya is a staple of Cuban food. My grandparents ate Goya black beans twice a day for nearly 90 years. And now the Left is trying to cancel Hispanic culture and silence free speech. #BuyGoya"
    President Trump similarly tweeted "I LOVE @GoyaFoods!" amid the backlash. Figures such as former model Chrissie Teigen had advanced the boycott as a way to retaliate against CEO Robert Unanue, who appeared beside Trump at a White House event this week.

GOYA FOODS CEO WON'T APOLOGIZE IN FACE OF BOYCOTT, BACKLASH FOR PRO-TRUMP REMARKS: 'SUPPRESSION OF SPEECH'

"We're all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder," he said. Trump was promoting the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative, which is designed to expand educational and economic opportunities for Hispanic-Americans.

While criticizing the boycott, "The View" co-host Meghan McCain warned that it might result in job loss during the difficult economic problems begot by the coronavirus pandemic.

"It seems weird & callous to boycott a company who supplies food to the masses and employs 4,000 people during a pandemic," she said in a post retweeted by conservative author Ben Shapiro. "No matter what your politics, who wants more people out of work? Almost every CEO, boss, & person I interact with and consume products from disagrees with me."

MEGHAN MCCAIN DECRIES 'WEIRD & CALLOUS' GOYA BOYCOTT OVER CEO'S PRAISE OF TRUMP
    Conservative commentator Charlie Kirk also ripped the boycott, suggesting it would harm minorities.

"Imagine boycotting one of America’s largest minority-owned businesses and thinking that you’re doing something to end racism," he tweeted on Friday. "That’s the current mindset of the leaders of the Democrat party."

Meanwhile, the boycott has received support from figures like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. "Oh look, it’s the sound of me Googling 'how to make your own Adobo,'" she tweeted alongside a call for the boycott.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...a-amid-boycott

Related

A$AP Rocky, Trump fans call for boycott of Swedish brands

July 28, 2019
    FOXBusiness

July 8, 2020

Trump touts USMCA with Mexican president at White House

USMCA took effect last week

By Paul Best
    FOXBusiness

Trump: USMCA is the 'largest trade deal ever made'

President Trump discusses building a ‘powerful economic and security partnership’ with Mexico and how the U.S. is handling the coronavirus outbreak.

President Donald Trump welcomed Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to the White House Wednesday to celebrate the new United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement, which was signed in January and took effect earlier this month.
    “It’s the largest, fairest and most advanced trade deal ever reached by any country, and it will bring enormous prosperity to both American and Mexican workers,” Trump said in the Rose Garden.
    Trump and López Obrador held a meeting in the White House before signing a joint declaration that commits the two countries to “shared future prosperity.” They will have a working dinner with U.S. and Mexican business leaders Wednesday night.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...he-white-house

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, yes, buy hispanic food to pwn the libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Sounds like a good strategy to me.

Then we'll see how that hispanic voter turnout for Trump is on November.

If you think conservatives are all wrapped up over skin color, you probably don't know any conservatives in real life.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Goya is a high quality family owned company

& Jorge M is a very well respected Latino fighter..he lost last night but quality endorsement for DJT
    Last edited by vita3; 07-12-2020 at 04:04 AM.

I guess I would rather him be hocking Mexican canned food than Virus testing companies. +1 for the carnival barker.

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/...97178675331076

https://twitter.com/GamebredFighter/...05502716968960
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nice to see Goya not cowering down to leftists.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Left wing woke folks often talk about helping less well off but tremendous credit must be given of MAGA leader if he is getting following dedicated believers to go buy Mexican produced products in the name of MAGA. Geniuses like him don't come along everyday.

Lots of hard working entrepreneurial Latinos in America. They know that Trump has given them a break in taxes & made it easier to do business

They deserve a chance to have American Dream like everyone else