Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Know What You Know? - Larken Rose

How Do You Know What You Know? - Larken Rose

Another excellent video from Larken Rose. Enjoy.

How do you know what you know? That question is a lot more important than most people assume, and the recent ridiculous spectacle surrounding Covid-19 is a shining example of that.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Big scary bear bump.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Big scary bear bump.
    I'm clean out of + Reps for you.

The "correction catching up to the rumor" and 'the damage that has already been done" are SPOT ON.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I'm clean out of + Reps for you.

The "correction catching up to the rumor" and 'the damage that has already been done" are SPOT ON.

Larken never fails to deliver.
    Chris

Larken never fails to deliver.
    If only more would take the time to listen rather than just gloss over... can you imagine?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    If only more would take the time to listen rather than just gloss over... can you imagine?!?!

I know right? I mean, it's not like the guy is a god or some kind of guru or anything. Hell he doesn't even want that kind of following. But what the guy IS, and everyone who has any first hand knowledge of what he's been achieving unanimously agrees, is massively successful. You'd think that alone would get people curious enough to pay attention and actually act on his suggestions. At the very least throw a few bucks his way so he can keep doing it. Regardless, and in spite of the fact that this lockdown $#@! has just about put me out of business, I'm joining his channel and maintaining it for as long as I can afford it. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

And give Candles In the Dark a try. I've heard nothing but good about it as well. Gonna try it myself.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 07-12-2020 at 02:12 AM.
    Chris

There are more things in this world that we don’t know than what we do.

Question everything.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

Question everything.

Absolutely.
    Chris

zerohedge
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Question anyone who hasn’t been banned from YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Question everyone anyone who hasn’t been banned from YouTube.
    FIFY
    Last edited by CCTelander; 07-13-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Chris

Hmmmm.

Sometimes people need an explanation for the psychological anxiety they experience. Whether the explanation has any actual relationship to that anxiety doesn't really matter. I like this fella and his river.

The same way that Climate Change is used to screen the anxiety caused by National Financial insanity. It prevents the fear from engendering a response to the actual threat, and marshals it in a way that is useful "addressing" the perceived threat.
    Last edited by bv3; 07-13-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    Hmmmm.

Sometimes people need an explanation for the psychological anxiety they experience. Whether the explanation has any actual relationship to that anxiety doesn't really matter. I like this fella and his river.

The same way that Climate Change is used to screen the anxiety caused by National Financial insanity. It prevents the fear from engendering a response to the actual threat, and marshals it in a way that is useful "addressing" the perceived threat.

I'm not sure I precisely understand what you're saying here or how it applies to the video in the OP. Could you elaborate a little?
    Chris

I'm not sure I precisely understand what you're saying here or how it applies to the video in the OP. Could you elaborate a little?
    Lets say that in Bruin Town there has been, in fact, a string a violent attacks by an unknown perpetrator. When 'news' of the presence of a big scary bear spreads, this 'news' synthesizes neatly with the anxiety of the townspeople, which is real and has been engendered by the actual string of violent attacks. A narrative is born of the truth and a half-truth, "Big scary bears exist, and have attacked people. A big scary bear is attacking townspeople right now." Predictably, the Towns People want to stop the bear, and fortunately the mayor has the solution! "Big Scary Bear attacks could happen to anyone, and there is nothing a single person can do about it. We must work together to stop this Big Scary Bear, I propose a tax increase to fund a Scary Bear Patrol."

Now, of course it isn't a Scary Bear attacking people in town, but the Mayor's nephew. While the Scary Bear Patrol beats the bushes around town for the "bear," the nephew continues to attack people. Casualties mount. "The Bear Patrol," bruits the mayor, "is underfunded. It falls on those of us able to give more, to do just that. We Must Stop This Bear, or it will attack us all." So the towns people pay more to the Bear Patrol, but the attacks continue unabated.

Thus, the psychological anxiety experienced by the Towns People is given an explanation that has no actual relationship to that anxiety, simultaneously inhibiting a response to the real threat while harnessing it in a way that is useful to "addressing" the perceived threat. By addressing, of course, I mean exploiting that anxiety for gain (financial, political, ideological et al).

I would add that a certain level of this anxiety seems to be ever-present in just about anyone. For they that know how to marshal it? A fertile source of mischief for the rest of us.

Plug in fiscal lunacy for violent attacks, and climate change for the scary bear. The Fed? I suppose that would be the nephew.
    People, young people in particular, know they are $#@!ed. They don't know precisely why, but they know it none-the-less. Our deplorable position is the result of financial criminality, but to explain the anxiety that we feel at being so-very-$#@!ed we are given a Narrative: Climate Change, Racism, Plague, etc (the particular half-truth changes quickly, because they have to. If they don't change the program frequently, people may well get wise--though I doubt it). So the fear-at-being-$#@!ed (and anger) is elided from the actual threat, and marshaled into something useful for "addressing" the perceived threat and that useful thing being more, and more centralized, control.

Sometimes the Scary Bear is a black man, sometimes white, sometimes weather, sometimes plague, sometimes statues. But if I were running a multi-trillion dollar scam I guess I'd find as many Scary Bears as I could.

I am not sure I precisely understand what I am saying either.
    Last edited by bv3; 07-15-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Lets say that in Bruin Town there has been, in fact, a string a violent attacks by an unknown perpetrator. When 'news' of the presence of a big scary bear spreads, this 'news' synthesizes neatly with the anxiety of the townspeople, which is real and has been engendered by the actual string of violent attacks. A narrative is born of the truth and a half-truth, "Big scary bears exist, and have attacked people. A big scary bear is attacking townspeople right now." Predictably, the Towns People want to stop the bear, and fortunately the mayor has the solution! "Big Scary Bear attacks could happen to anyone, and there is nothing a single person can do about it. We must work together to stop this Big Scary Bear, I propose a tax increase to fund a Scary Bear Patrol."

Now, of course it isn't a Scary Bear attacking people in town, but the Mayor's nephew. While the Scary Bear Patrol beats the bushes around town for the "bear," the nephew continues to attack people. Casualties mount. "The Bear Patrol," bruits the mayor, "is underfunded. It falls on those of us able to give more, to do just that. We Must Stop This Bear, or it will attack us all." So the towns people pay more to the Bear Patrol, but the attacks continue unabated.

Thus, the psychological anxiety experienced by the Towns People is given an explanation that has no actual relationship to that anxiety, simultaneously inhibiting a response to the real threat while harnessing it in a way that is useful to "addressing" the perceived threat. By addressing, of course, I mean exploiting that anxiety for gain (financial, political, ideological et al).

I would add that a certain level of this anxiety seems to be ever-present in just about anyone. For they that know how to marshal it? A fertile source of mischief for the rest of us.

Plug in fiscal lunacy for violent attacks, and climate change for the scary bear. The Fed? I suppose that would be the nephew.
    People, young people in particular, know they are $#@!ed. They don't know precisely why, but they know it none-the-less. Our deplorable position is the result of financial criminality, but to explain the anxiety that we feel at being so-very-$#@!ed we are given a Narrative: Climate Change, Racism, Plague, etc (the particular half-truth changes quickly, because they have to. If they don't change the program frequently, people may well get wise--though I doubt it). So the fear-at-being-$#@!ed (and anger) is elided from the actual threat, and marshaled into something useful for "addressing" the perceived threat and that useful thing being more, and more centralized, control.

Sometimes the Scary Bear is a black man, sometimes white, sometimes weather, sometimes plague, sometimes statues. But if I were running a multi-trillion dollar scam I guess I'd find as many Scary Bears as I could.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I understand what you're saying now and, quite frankly, can't disagree with a word of it. Excellent post. Thanks again.
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scary bear bump.
    Chris

Just a quick reminder that while the whole COVID-19 farce is what sparked Roes's comments in the video, the same principles apply to many other situations as well.
    Chris

You successfully described the rise of all government power in the history of humans. No $#@!. If only more people could think for themselves like this...

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You successfully described the rise of all government power in the history of humans. No $#@!. If only more people could think for themselves like this...

As much of a pain as it is at times, it's kind of up to us to help them get there. There's quite literally nobody else to do it.
    Chris

As much of a pain as it is at times, it's kind of up to us to help them get there. There's quite literally nobody else to do it.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

Question everything.
    Absolutely.

Question Everything is what I teach my students.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Absolutely.

Good advice.
    Chris

You basically summed up Chapter 1 of Albert Pike's book "Morals and Dogma", which is the how-to manual of crowd manipulation. How to harness and direct the power of the crowd. There's a reason it was given to every mason throughout most of the 20th century.

It's not light reading but here's text version
    http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/apike01.html

Audio version starts here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkri...ature=emb_logo
    Last edited by devil21; 08-12-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Question anyone who hasn’t been banned from YouTube.
    Because he didn't explicitly say Dr. Fauci was Chuck.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Absolutely.

Yet so many who go to the universities just memorize what they've been told, so they can regurgitate it on an exam and gradulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yet so many who go to the universities just memorize what they've been told, so they can regurgitate it on an exam and gradulate.
    Exactly. My group actually calls the public school system: The Regurgitation System
    There is no spoon.

Exactly. My group actually calls the public school system: The Regurgitation System
    That would explain why so many college graduates have so much trust in government. They never learned to question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That would explain why so many college graduates have so much trust in government. They never learned to question authority.
    Yep.

When I tell my students "Question Everything- even ME." it blows their minds- they've never been allowed to think like this & move out of the Matrix.
    There is no spoon.

You know, mother birds nourish their young via regurgitation. Just sayin'.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast