Thread: Shawn Soulless Jones on Sustained Activism

Shawn Soulless Jones on Sustained Activism

Another awesome example of real life activism that could be easily emulated. Uplifting and inspirational. Worth the time to watch.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

More real-life activism.
    Chris

Bump
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

Now, this Feed the Need thing is interesting. What they do is they go out and feed the homeless in their area, and they do it while heavily armed. You might think "Big deal. Lots of people feed the homeless." But the thing is it's illegal to feed the homeless in Texas. So these guys are going out, heavily armed, and feeding the homeless in violation of the law. Not only that, every time they hold a Feed the Need event they call the police and inform them of where and when the event is to take place. The cops don't show up. I guess they have more important things to deal with.

This is genius strategy. These guys' "thing" is to go out and do activism heavily armed. In the modern environment that's likely to draw a lot of flak. So, they add feeding the homeless to their repertoire. It's a brilliant PR move. It provides a certain amount of cover for their other activities. Sure the media will want to pillory these guys for being heavily armed, but there will always be someone there to say "Sure, they're a bit quirky, doing it with slung AR 15s, but the DO feed the homeless." It tends to deflect a lot of criticism.

The same kind of effect could be achieved by helping the widows and orphans of servicemen killed in action, the wives and children of active duty servicemen, helping the poor to learn how to garden or change their own brake pads or anything else that could be widely perceived as a "good deed."

I think this is the key to reproducing Pizgatti's success elsewhere.

Shawn "Soulless" Jones also participates in Feed the Need. The same applies here as with Pizgatti and his group.
    Chris