Thread: Russia votes to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman

Exclamation Russia votes to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman

In US DOMA may have been demolished with fall of Christian Conservatives from power post Obama/Trump wins but Russian voters have passed their version of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act).

Russia votes in favor of referendum banning gay marriage

By Marty Johnson - 07/02/20
    Russia voted in favor of a national referendum that defines marriage exclusively as a union between a man and a woman.

The referendum consisted of hundreds of constitutional changes, including one provision that will allow President Vladimir Putin to serve two more terms, effectively allowing him to keep power until 2036.

The referendum was voted on the this week by the Russian public, with over two-thirds voting in favor of the numerous measures and solidifying Putin's position in leadership.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...g-gay-marriage

Related

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

Trump Says He's 'Fine' With Gay Marriage

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is Russia of all places getting it right and we are getting it so incredibly over the top wrong?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    How is Russia of all places getting it right and we are getting it so incredibly over the top wrong?
    We were just discussing this same topic tonight over hot wings, and the fact that Snowden fled prosecution/death in the USA to Russia where he seems to be safe.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    We were just discussing this same topic tonight over hot wings, and the fact that Snowden fled prosecution/death in the USA to Russia where he seems to be safe.
    When I was much younger, I know I was taught to believe that Russia was as unfree as they came. Now I have to reject that idea because it no longer seems to hold true. I never imagined the day when Russia was literally a more free country than the USA which was supposedly the "symbol of freedom". The symbol may be the same as it holds true to what we once were, but definitely no longer. We are becoming more and more communistic with each and every passing day.

Flee TO Russia. Gotta admit, I never would have imagined that as a kid either.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

They are a united people, we are not.

Even under the soviet system, Eastern culture is very conservative and drove the faggs underground, where they belong.

Radical faggism is a tool of the international communist/globalists to destroy and weaken cultures.

These brain-dead faggs and commies here literally would go to atomic war with Russia over their resistance to faggism.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    They are a united people, we are not.
    Thats very true. They use Divide and Conquer because it works. No house can stand when it is divided against itself.
    1776 > 1984

Obama had that same belief back in 2008. It wasn't until his reelection where he changed his mind in order to pander to the gay community and get their vote.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thats very true. They use Divide and Conquer because it works. No house can stand when it is divided against itself.
    Not so. Russia only wants the best for Americans. Russia is good people.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 08-16-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Not so. Russia only wants the best for Americans. Russia is good people.
    Your statement I believe may have a lot of elements of truth to it. In my statement that you quoted, I referred to "They" ambiguously. "They" doesnt mean Russians, but our Internal Traitors and Seditionists that have betrayed our country, not the Russians.

What is in Russia? Bad people? People that want to see us become Communist like them? I believe it is just ordinary folks that merely want to be left alone, and go about their business free of interference from the US. Same as most people here desire. Its always individuals that manipulate popular opinion to manufacture dissent where none should exist to begin with. I blame those doing the Dividing of people that cause so many of our problems.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    They didn't - the goal is to get the state out of marriage, not define what marriage is or what limits get placed upon it. Likewise, there shouldn't be any legislative carve-outs that are based upon marital status.
    Excellent point. Marriage Licenses do not apply to "whites" and I believe that law is still on the books. One of those "Jim Crowe" laws if I recall correctly, and no I do not support the existence of those laws as those are truly racist laws that need to be scrubbed away.

When people apply for Marriage License, it then becomes a Union between a Man, Woman, and State. Here, since we simply cant leave well enough alone, marriage becomes a Union between Man, Woman, State, Employer, Landlord, Health Insurance Company, Auto Finance Company, Church, Grocer, Banks, Cable Company, Internet Service Provider, Water and Power Companies, Barber, any Stock Market companies that either party has invested in, Cell Phone provider, USPS, Facebook and Google, local schools, Entertainment Tonight and Inside Edition, occasionally Hard Copy, the neighbors dead cat that is somehow registered to vote Democrat even though its been dead since 1968, every $#@!ing Data Farming company out there, and if they had their way, local $#@!ing DOG GROOMER (once removed of course). Thats how we define marriage. We just $#@!ed it ALL up. Everybody gets a say so except the two people getting married.
    1776 > 1984

Your statement I believe may have a lot of elements of truth to it. In my statement that you quoted, I referred to "They" ambiguously. "They" doesnt mean Russians, but our Internal Traitors and Seditionists that have betrayed our country, not the Russians.

What is in Russia? Bad people? People that want to see us become Communist like them? I believe it is just ordinary folks that merely want to be left alone, and go about their business free of interference from the US. Same as most people here desire. Its always individuals that manipulate popular opinion to manufacture dissent where none should exist to begin with. I blame those doing the Dividing of people that cause so many of our problems.
    Yes, I thought you meant the Russian government was seeking to divide and conquer Americans, ala the USSR days.
    No longer the case. Good post.

Yes, I thought you meant the Russian government was seeking to divide and conquer Americans, ala the USSR days.
    No longer the case. Good post.
    No worries, I should have been more clear in my post.
    1776 > 1984

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

Besides these diplomatic tensions, elsewhere military tensions were rising also:

Pentagon sending troops to Syria after clashes between U.S., Russian military
    Sept. 18, 2020
    WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is deploying a small number of U.S. troops to Syria after a series of escalating encounters between the U.S. and Russian militaries, according to three U.S. defense officials.

The troops and vehicles will serve as a show of presence to discourage the Russian military from crossing into the eastern security area where U.S., coalition, and Syrian Democratic Forces operate, the officials said.

The additional troops will include six Bradley Fighting Vehicles and fewer than 100 soldiers operating in northeast Syria on a 90-day deployment.

A U.S. official said, "These actions and reinforcements are a clear signal to Russia to adhere to mutual de-confliction processes and for Russia and other parties to avoid unprofessional, unsafe and provocative actions in northeast Syria."

Perhaps we will see a laser light show of Donald eating a "banana" on the side of the embassy in the future.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.