Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Rules Large Swath of Oklahoma Is Indian Reservation

Supreme Court Rules Large Swath of Oklahoma Is Indian Reservation

I hope libertarians get on the right side of this.

If America is to be a nation of laws, property rights, and contracts then this has to extend to natives, and the treaties must be upheld.

I don't care if it creates turmoil. Ending the FED would create turmoil too.

How many people here think taxation is theft but expropriating land isn't?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/u...ek-nation.html
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sure!

now who do i pay tribute to so im not murdered in my sleep?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    sure!

Wouldn't the democrats accuse you of being racist for saying such a thing agaisnt the peaceful natives?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Wouldn't the democrats accuse you of being racist for saying such a thing agaisnt the peaceful natives?
    According to them, most everybody but them is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    sure!

Ideally it would be a new state under Creek nation. Such a clean solution is unlikely to be built though. Also most of your tribute still goes to the Feds.

New Zealand has been going through this process since 1975 when our Supreme court upheld the Treaty of Waitangi. Its been an okay process for the most part. Who knew laws and markets could process turmoil so easily without a central plan outlining how each person will be safe in their beds?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

So instead of traveling far and buying federal tax free smokes up in NY for $12/carton, I can go elsewhere?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Federal jurisdiction grab so they can hand the land over to drilling corporations without state government interference.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN13U1B1

Now, a group of advisors to President-elect Donald Trump on Native American issues wants to free those resources from what they call a suffocating federal bureaucracy that holds title to 56 million acres of tribal lands, two chairmen of the coalition told Reuters in exclusive interviews.

The group proposes to put those lands into private ownership - a politically explosive idea that could upend more than century of policy designed to preserve Indian tribes on U.S.-owned reservations, which are governed by tribal leaders as sovereign nations.

Well, I guess @Swordsmyth was right about a few of the things that Trump promised during the campaign actually being fulfilled. Oil billionaires gaining control of more resources. Since we'll all be driving around in electric automated Teslas soon enough, that oil will head to other parts of the world and be used for Indian and Chinese development. Need big pipelines and global trade agreements like USMCA to pull that off. Is the picture of where this is heading becoming clear enough for most yet? Americans shoe-horned into highly controlled mega cities while the remainder of the land mass is used to aid the development of the rest of world. Enjoy the Teslas and plant burgers, folks.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-09-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Federal jurisdiction grab so they can hand the land over to drilling corporations without state government interference.

Well, I guess @Swordsmyth was right about a few of the things that Trump promised during the campaign actually being fulfilled. Oil billionaires gaining control of more resources. Since we'll all be driving around in electric automated Teslas soon enough, that oil will head to other parts of the world and be used for Indian and Chinese development. Need big pipelines and global trade agreements like USMCA to pull that off. Is the picture of where this is heading becoming clear enough for most yet?
    The commie wants government to lock up all the land and keep the market from utilizing resources.

Got it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, I guess @Swordsmyth was right about a few of the things that Trump promised during the campaign actually being fulfilled. Oil billionaires gaining control of more resources. Since we'll all be driving around in electric automated Teslas soon enough, that oil will head to other parts of the world and be used for Indian and Chinese development. Need big pipelines and global trade agreements like USMCA to pull that off. Is the picture of where this is heading becoming clear enough for most yet? Americans shoe-horned into highly controlled mega cities while the remainder of the land mass is used to aid the development of the rest of world. Enjoy the Teslas and plant burgers, folks.
    That makes better sense now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The commie wants government to lock up all the land and keep the market from utilizing resources.

Got it.
    Yes, yes "the market" demands American oil be sent to China. Not globalists and billionaire campaign donors. "The market".

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Got it.

You get to call me out for wanting to buy smokes cheap; my smokes don't Fund your Fed.

Yes, yes "the market" demands American oil be sent to China. Not globalists and billionaire campaign donors. "The market".
    Yes, we know that you want government to control where resources go and you are spouting commie rhetoric to support it.

Please keep it up so everyone is left without doubt who you really are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    That makes better sense now. Thanks.
    And another commie "anarchist" reveals that he wants government to control resources and keep them off the market.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, we know that you want government to control where resources go and you are spouting commie rhetoric to support it.

Please keep it up so everyone is left without doubt who you really are.
    Your post doesn't make any sense. You're flailing. This -is- the federal government taking control of where state and local resources go. I don't mind if a STATE government has a say in where the state's resources go. That's the 10th Amendment.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-09-2020 at 07:16 PM.

And another commie "anarchist" reveals that he wants government to control resources and keep them off the market.
    You are a hoot tonight ;-) Why haven't you responded to my question in the other thread? Too difficult? Not in the playbook? Just plain stuck? Confused that the NY Lib would do such things (plural)?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your post doesn't make any sense. You're flailing. This -is- the federal government taking control of where state and local resources go. I don't mind if a STATE government has a say in where the state's resources go. That's the 10th Amendment.
    You are the one supporting government controlling resources and opposing the free market.
    It doesn't matter what level of government controls the resources, it's still communism and you are supporting it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Indian reservation?" Not "sovereign Indian land?"

Well, that's mighty white of 'em ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

That's the legalese in action. An "indian reservation" is whatever Congress and/or SCOTUS decides it is, based on whatever definition they choose to enshrine into legislation/decision. And of course, the word "sovereign" is a bad, bad word! Can't have that word plastered across mass media articles, can we???

This SCOTUS decision is likely also the real reason that Trump was in Tulsa recently. Campaign rallies and photo op visits around the country are always cover for "business" like this. Rallies and the like are window dressing to distract from "business" that takes place behind closed doors before, during and after the public photo ops. Presidents never fly/travel anywhere simply to appear in public.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-09-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

That's the legalese in action. An "indian reservation" is whatever Congress and/or SCOTUS decides it is, based on whatever definition they choose to enshrine into legislation/decision.

This SCOTUS decision is likely also the real reason that Trump was in Tulsa recently. Campaign rallies and photo op visits around the country are always cover for "business" like this. Rallies and the like are window dressing to distract from "business" that takes place behind closed doors before, during and after the public photo ops. Presidents never fly/travel anywhere simply to appear in public.
    This is where Swordy bails out of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Before any "so much winning' memes get posted here, it's so important to continue to support stable genius DJT (R) type strong leaders so courts can be packed with the right kind of conservatives.
    Lets not overlook the possibility that President Trump may be severely conservative like Mitt Romney.

They're very close you know.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    This is where Swordy bails out of the thread.
    He recoils when the word "sovereign" arises and must run and shower quickly.

He recoils when the word "sovereign" arises and must run and shower quickly.
    Your spin is weak man, Trump is our last hope.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Your spin is weak man, Trump is our last hope.
    I hope I am not reported. My social credit score can't take any more dings!

(Biden's federal credit score bureau: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/joe-...it-bureau.html )
    Last edited by devil21; 07-10-2020 at 01:00 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm already in negative territory.
    "The Patriarch"

My social credit score is .308.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Might as well. After all, we're all "on the rez" now, anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    My social credit score is .308.
    Mine is - 30-6.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Mine is - 30-6.

So we're both rated anti-social? I'm in good company then.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

No borders! No walls!
    No Cherokee land at all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast