Thread: Trump: We ‘May Cut Off Funding’ if Schools Do Not Reopen

Trump: We ‘May Cut Off Funding’ if Schools Do Not Reopen

President Donald Trump threatened Wednesday to “cut off” funding to schools if they do not reopen in the Fall after closing due to coronavirus concerns.

“In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS,” Trump said.

“The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families,” he continued. “May cut off funding if not open!”

In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 8, 2020

Trump also said he disagrees with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools.”

“While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things,” he said. “I will be meeting with them!!!”

I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 8, 2020

He outlined a similar line of thinking Monday.

“Corrupt Joe Biden and the Democrats don’t want to open schools in the Fall for political reasons, not for health reasons! They think it will help them in November,” he said. “Wrong, the people get it!”

Corrupt Joe Biden and the Democrats don’t want to open schools in the Fall for political reasons, not for health reasons! They think it will help them in November. Wrong, the people get it!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 6, 2020

SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 6, 2020

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos told Fox News on Tuesday that her department was “seriously considering” action to withhold funds from schools that did not reopen in the Fall.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/education/...do-not-reopen/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Teachers unions will be happy if schools do not reopen. All it takes is for some teachers to come out and say they won't feel safe until the coronavirus is eradicated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Teachers unions will be happy if schools do not reopen. All it takes is for some teachers to come out and say they won't feel safe until the coronavirus is eradicated.
    Closed schools = more homeschooling and cutting federal education spending.

That sounds good to me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Will the unemployed teachers get the double covid-19 unemployment insurance?

Although promises language like 'may , considering, planning, considering tweeting' etc is lately not selling so well among the MAGA crowds (non-gullible wing), these cuts if did happen may actually help stop some of the bleeding of conservatives support that otherwise may stay home in Nov due to cuts-free explosive debt spend situation in DC.

Related

Too Soon:
    Trump knee-capped GA Governor Kemp for allowing businesses to reopen in violation of CDC guidelines

Teachers, git yo asses back to work. Everybody else is earning a living.

Only good thing to come from Covid. Can all the useless teachers and make "public school" home online school.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Only good thing to come from Covid. Can all the useless teachers and make "public school" home online school.
    100 percent agree .
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Teachers have their hands tied with standardized curriculum and unions. The best teachers simply dont get paid more. Some of them are bullies. I hope that its changed but i dont have any kids in school so i wouldnt be able to tell ya. They create ways to fund the schools better but the money always gets redirected to corrupt institutions or into the states general fund. I think it could be done better but i also like the idea of kids being around other kids their own age. When everyone doesn't get a participation trophy competition brings the best out of people. In my experience the best teachers become principals because it pays more and is an easier job.

Donald may consider doing something at some future date! Now that's what I call breaking news!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Teachers have their hands tied with standardized curriculum and unions. The best teachers simply dont get paid more. Some of them are bullies. I hope that its changed but i dont have any kids in school so i wouldnt be able to tell ya. They create ways to fund the schools better but the money always gets redirected to corrupt institutions or into the states general fund. I think it could be done better but i also like the idea of kids being around other kids their own age. When everyone doesn't get a participation trophy competition brings the best out of people. In my experience the best teachers become principals because it pays more and is an easier job.
    In some communities old people are literally run out of their homes because they can't pay the expensive property tax that comes with school funding.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Please let them keep the schools closed, even if it is for this ridiculous reason. Every moment those children are not in school is another moment that they are not being indoctrinated with the never ending success and glory stories of big government.

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

In some communities old people are literally run out of their homes because they can't pay the expensive property tax that comes with school funding.
    In my state they increase taxes and say its for schools but the taxes go into the general fund. Its a joke because most people that live here know the schools need more funding so they bait and switch people on increasing taxes by saying its for schools. Old people should want good schools especially retired people who live off social security. Its the kids that end up needing to pay more taxes and therefore need to make more money so that social security can be paid to retired people. Since the government doesn't fund social security appropriately. Plus when they are so old they cant take care of themselves they need kids to take care of them and usually its not their own family doing it.

Sounds pretty good to me. Just as long as the kids aren't being indoctrinated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cutting school funding is a popular idea on the Ron Paul Forums; (it is). To the rest of the country, during an election year, it is a political third rail. Nothing says I want to lose the election like cutting school funding 4 and 1/2 months before an election. It will be interesting to watch what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Cutting school funding is a popular idea on the Ron Paul Forums; (it is). To the rest of the country, during an election year, it is a political third rail. Nothing says I want to lose the election like cutting school funding 4 and 1/2 months before an election. It will be interesting to watch what happens.
    Paying for something you are not getting because the institution is refusing to do their job is a dumb idea. I hope the democrats double down on dumb.

Paying for something you are not getting because the institution is refusing to do their job is a dumb idea. I hope the democrats double down on dumb.
    I agree. I also think the federal government should get out of education and the Dept. of Education should be dismissed. Unfortunately, we are in the vast minority. If Trumps follows through with defunding education, the democrats will double and triple down. It is a big advantage for them. This is something he should consider after November.

I agree. I also think the federal government should get out of education and the Dept. of Education should be dismissed. Unfortunately, we are in the vast minority. If Trumps follows through with defunding education, the democrats will double and triple down. It is a big advantage for them. This is something he should consider after November.
    You cant call in sick for a cold because you might catch it. If you dont wanna go to work because you might get sick you shouldnt get paid.

In my state they increase taxes and say its for schools but the taxes go into the general fund. Its a joke because most people that live here know the schools need more funding so they bait and switch people on increasing taxes by saying its for schools. Old people should want good schools especially retired people who live off social security. Its the kids that end up needing to pay more taxes and therefore need to make more money so that social security can be paid to retired people. Since the government doesn't fund social security appropriately. Plus when they are so old they cant take care of themselves they need kids to take care of them and usually its not their own family doing it.
    Yeah well the problem is it's not based off someone's ability to pay and I don't think those lousy teacher's salary supercedes a lifelong resident of a town in importance.

- Edward R. Murrow

Yeah well the problem is it's not based off someone's ability to pay and I don't think those lousy teacher's salary supercedes a lifelong resident of a town in importance.
    The problem is where the funding goes. I lost one of my favorite teachers because he made more money doing the job he was supposed to teach us how to do than teaching. They could not find someone better to teach the curriculum but he made more money being a network administrator than teaching. It probably set me back 2 years in my career at the time because the guy they replaced him with couldnt teach the curriculum because he didnt have half as much experience.

Not funding something that you aren't getting is obvious enough that the voting public should support it, for those who don't want the school funding cut it is a case of Trump trying to get the schools open and the governors will be responsible for the funding cuts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment