Thread: Trump’s Surgeon General Says ‘Please, Please, Please’ Wear Mask

Thumbs up Trump’s Surgeon General Says ‘Please, Please, Please’ Wear Mask

Powerful leadership and words from top tier of Trump administration experts on the "plague" aka "unseen enemy":

Trump’s Surgeon General Says ‘Please, Please, Please’ Wear Mask

June 30, 2020

The Trump administration’s coronavirus task force stepped up its calls for Americans to wear masks as cases surge in some states but Vice President Mike Pence said there are no plans to override governors who have yet to require them.
    “Please, please, please wear a face covering when you go out in public,” Surgeon General Jerome Adams, a member of the task force, said at a briefing Tuesday.
    Adams delivered the strongest plea to the public yet from an administration that has often sidestepped direct recommendations to wear masks. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Pence both urged wearing a mask at the event in Rockville, Maryland, though Pence only said to do so if local authorities recommended it.
    Pence himself wore a mask before he began speaking.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-to-wear-masks

Related

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shelter in place & wait for .gov freebies is the new normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Please, please, please go $#@! yourself. I'm not wearing a mask

No, I will not wear a mask. If you don't like it, go cry in a corner.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

No mask here.

I have no problem with people wearing masks. Something is better than nothing. It should be their choice though. If the virus was like the plague you wouldn't have to mandate it to get people to wear them. I am tired of the moral superiority from people who want to control everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Powerful leadership and words from top tier of Trump administration experts on the "plague" aka "unseen enemy":

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Random question:

Has anyone wondered why these government "health" people are all military ranks?

Things that make ya go hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Shelter in place & wait for .gov freebies is the new normal.
    So true. Trump has effectively turned the GOP rank-and-file into government worshiping order-followers who wait anxiously for their next Uncle Sugar payday.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    No mask here.

Same. "Mandated" since Friday.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I would not wear one in a box, I would not wear one with a fox. I do not like the mask you see, I do not like them, no sirree.

Examples in dynamic leadership
    From May to June:

CEOs Were Asked to Remove Masks Before Meeting With Mike Pence in Iowa
    May 10, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAgj_jizHI

Pence Urges Americans To Wear Masks To Stop Spread Of COVID-19

June 30, 2020
    Vice President Pence wore a face mask to a public briefing on Tuesday where the message from the surgeon general and others was clear: Americans should to do the same while in public to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
    Pence appeared at the U.S. Health Service Commission Corps headquarters in Rockville, Md., joined by other members of the White House's coronavirus task force, including Surgeon General Jerome Adams.
    "When you do not wear your face covering, we end up in a situation where you see higher rates of disease spread and you end up having to close places," Adams said. "This mask, this face covering, actually is an instrument of freedom for Americans if we all use it."
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ad-of-covid-19

There is a stark difference in tone between the Trump team's somewhat nuanced advisories to wear masks vs media narratives with high dose of fear:

July 30, 2020 / 10:52 AM

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis

(Reuters) - Herman Cain, a former Republican presidential candidate and supporter of President Donald Trump who pointedly refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic, has died after contracting COVID-19, his website said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24V2OD

Trump tends to pick motivated smart people in general but his SG pick seems particularly motivated:

Published 8 hours ago

Surgeon general to Trump: ‘You look bada-- in a face mask’

By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

Surgeon general to Trump: Constituents like your face mask

U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams takes part in coronavirus task force discussion.

Surgeon General Jerome Adams told President Trump Thursday: “You look bada-- in a face mask.”
    The comments were made as the surgeon general and the president were participating in a roundtable with the Red Cross focusing on plasma collection to be used in plasma therapies for COVID-19 patients. “We really need donations of the plasma,” Trump said, urging recovered coronavirus patients to donate.

The president was seen wearing a mask as he watched a recovered COVID-19 patient donate plasma.
    TRUMP WEARS FACE MASK IN PUBLIC FOR FIRST TIME DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
    Trump also touted “tremendous progress” on vaccine developments and again urged Americans to wear a mask in crowded places, and “wash your hands as often as you can.”
    This month the president wore a face mask in public for the first time, after long resisting calls to set an example by doing so, despite his daily coronavirus test.
    foxnews.com/politics/surgeon-general-to-trump-face-mask