Thread: Larken Rose Bonus Chat on Purity at Anarchapulco 2020

Larken Rose Bonus Chat on Purity at Anarchapulco 2020

Another good Larken Rose video. The stuff on purism is at the beginning.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Bump for all the "purists."
    Chris

Thanks for posting this Chris, but some of us have known this all along. +rep
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Rose is such a treasure.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

LOL.. that is completely wrong. He doesn't even know what purist means, only a purist wouldn't even know what the word means..

A much better analogy than, "I'm against all aggression, even aggression against brown people down in Mexico" would be, "I'm against all aggression, I think it is just as bad that the government flicks a man on the back of his ear than kill him, so don't help to elect any ear flickers just to avoid the politicians who will bury you 6 feet under.."

Then they act like I am pro-ear flicking for supporting an ear-flicker.. That is what really drives me nuts about purists.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-07-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why do purists oppose government harm reduction?

@CCTelander @Cap
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL.. that is completely wrong. He doesn't even know what purist means, only a purist wouldn't even know what the word means..

A much better analogy than, "I'm against all aggression, even aggression against brown people down in Mexico" would be, "I'm against all aggression, I think it is just as bad that the government flicks a man on the back of his ear than kill him, so don't help to elect any ear flickers just to avoid the politicians who will bury you 6 feet under.."

Then they act like I am pro-ear flicking for supporting an ear-flicker.. That is what really drives me nuts about purists.

Let me know when you manage to free your own mind. Prior to that any attempt to reason with you about it will be pointless since you are not yet capable of grasping it.

In the meantime, "may your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that [you] were our countryman."
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Let me know when you manage to free your own mind. Prior to that any attempt to reason with you about it will be pointless since you are not yet capable of grasping it.

In the meantime, "may your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that [you] were our countryman."
    LOL, my mind is a lot more free than yours. You can't even make basic arguments.

Why do purists oppose government harm reduction?

@CCTelander @Cap

This is, at best, a completely disingenuous question. More likely a deliberate attempt to deceive. I have never once opposed any reduction in "government harm." Ever. Reduce away. Just like liberty advocates have been doing for at least 70 years now. Have at it.
    Chris

LOL, my mind is a lot more free than yours. You can't even make basic arguments.

mmmm hmmm.
    Chris

This is, at best, a completely disingenuous question. More likely a deliberate attempt to deceive. I have never once opposed any reduction in "government harm." Ever. Reduce away. Just like liberty advocates have been doing for at least 70 years now. Have at it.
    You OPPOSE PEOPLE who are working on the STATED GOAL of reducing government harm.

You know you do it, you know your other purist buddies do it.. and then you try and say that you are better than them because you oppose the ear flicking - when they are fighting against the murderer.

Then you deny it.

You OPPOSE PEOPLE who are working on the STATED GOAL of reducing government harm.

You know you do it, you know your other purist buddies do it.. and then you try and say that you are better than them because you oppose the ear flicking - when they are fighting against the murderer.

Then you deny it.

Translation:

"You don't kiss Trump's ass like I do so therefore you're EEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL."

Spare me.

We've had Trump for almost 4 years now. We are demonstrably LESS FREE now than we were when he entered office. Case $#@!ing closed.
    Chris

Translation:

"You don't kiss Trump's ass like I do so therefore you're EEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL."

Spare me.

We've had Trump for almost 4 years now. We are demonstrably LESS FREE now than we were when he entered office. Case $#@!ing closed.
    No, case is not closed.

Why are we less free? Because the deep state, who opposes Trump, released a bio-weapon so that he wouldn't be re-elected - because the people who hate our freedom the most, hate Trump that much, that they are willing to kill people on a global scale with a pandemic to get him out of office and continue their anti-freedom agenda.

If you want to go with the deep state agenda, then make sure Trump isn't re-elected.

Trump didn't even take any of our freedoms, it was the states, run by the deep state.. because states have rights too and Trump is setting an example by respecting them.

If you want to take out the deep state, then support Trump and support the DOJ in taking down Epstein's pals.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.

We've had Trump for almost 4 years now. We are demonstrably LESS FREE now than we were when he entered office.
    My taxes are lower, there is no Obamacare mandate, other than the Coronavirus stuff coming out of the states which was already discussed, I feel like I'm more free. We are leaving all these global organizations, too.. Not sure what you are talking about.

No, case is not closed.

Why are we less free? Because the deep state, who opposes Trump, released a bio-weapon so that he wouldn't be re-elected - because the people who hate our freedom the most, hate Trump that much, that they are willing to kill people on a global scale with a pandemic to get him out of office and continue their anti-freedom agenda.

If you want to go with the deep state agenda, then make sure Trump isn't re-elected.

Trump didn't even take any of our freedoms, it was the states, run by the deep state.. because states have rights too and Trump is setting an example by respecting them.

If you want to take out the deep state, then support Trump and support the DOJ in taking down Epstein's pals.

Translation:

"You're either with Trump or you're with the deep state."

Now where have I heard something like that before?

You're so drunk on the Kool Aid that you don't even notice how EXACTLY LIKE those you claim to oppose you've become. I don't have time for this $#@!. Let me know when the buzz wears off.
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Translation:

"You're either with Trump or you're with the deep state."

Now where have I heard something like that before?

You're so drunk on the Kool Aid that you don't even notice how EXACTLY LIKE those you claim to oppose you've become. I don't have time for this $#@!. Let me know when the buzz wears off.
    I know where I heard it. Larken Rose said it around 1:48. "Either you are a purist... Or you are an advocate for authoritarian evil."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I know where I heard it. Larken Rose said it around 1:48. "Either you are a purist... Or you are an advocate for authoritarian evil."

Which, of course, is exactly the same thing, right Brian? Think about it for a while and get back to us.
    Chris

Which, of course, is exactly the same thing, right Brian? Think about it for a while and get back to us.

No, it's EXACTLY what I'm accusing you of, and what I've always accused purists of doing.

Purists often won't support somebody who is doing something like advocating a 10% income tax because a 10% income tax is "authoritarian evil".. which would make sense if the other choice was somebody who advocated no income tax.. but if the other option is a 80% income tax, then that is called government harm reduction - especially in the case where we currently are paying 30-60%+ income tax and especially if the person who is advocating the 10% tax would also ultimately like to abolish the income tax.

I use that a simplistic example to represent a wide variety of other issues.

Just pointing it out as it was used in the Rose video. “Either you are with us, or you are with them” always sounds the same to me. Not a judgement on which side is more or less correct.

“Either you are with Green Bay, or you are with Minnesota.”
    “Either you are with Biden, or you are not really black.”
    “Either you are with Trump, or you are with the communists.”
    “Either you are with Antifa, or you are with the Nazis”.
    “Either you are with Kanye, or you are with Taylor.”
    “Either you are with Massie, or you are with Pelosi.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

As Larkin pointed out, there is a cowardice factor. Between that aspect and having to deal with the cognitive dissonance that the "lesser of evils" people experience, I imagine it gets uncomfortable for them as well. It's pathetic actually.
    Last edited by Cap; 07-08-2020 at 03:55 AM.
    On Trump:

My taxes are lower, there is no Obamacare mandate, other than the Coronavirus stuff coming out of the states which was already discussed, I feel like I'm more free. We are leaving all these global organizations, too.. Not sure what you are talking about.
    Transferring government dictates (Obama's Romney-Care, as well as WHO funding) to corporate rollout via public-private partnership is Fascism, which is not likely to be "voted" out. You will be less free, and .gov will still obtain the data collection that it wants.

@Cap , @CCTelander and I fully understand what Larken is talking about.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Non-Purist: "Look, here's the way things are. We've got two choices. This guy over here, we'll call him Liden, is wielding this giant Scottish claymore and he's gonna stab you with that sucker, run you right through. Hell, he might even wind up chopping you in half.

But over here we have this other guy, we'll call him Scrump. All he's got is this little 6 inch switchblade. He's definitely gonna stab you with it, probably more than once, but look how much smaller and thinner it is. It just does a lot less damage."

Purist: "But I don't want to be stabbed or run through at all. I'll probably die either way."

Non-Purist: "WHY DO YOU OPPOSE STABBING REDUCTION YOU COMMIE FREAK?!?!?!?!"
    Last edited by CCTelander; 07-15-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Chris