Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Daniels dies at age 83

Charlie Daniels dies at age 83

‘Devil Went Down to Georgia’ singer Charlie Daniels dies at age 83

Country music legend Charlie Daniels died Monday at the age of 83 at a hospital in Hermitage, Tenn., his publicist said.

The Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member died of a hemorrhagic stroke.
    https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/07/...iels-dies-age/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP. The Souths Gonna Do It Again
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

God called Charlie to report to duty in Jesus' army today.

As Charlie would say on Twitter:

"Benghazi ain't going away."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I saw Charlie live in Wheeling West Virginia in the early nineties. He became a a Christian man and in the concert he changed the lyrics in “Long Haired Country Boy”
    The line;
    I get stoned in the morning, I get drunk in the afternoon.... he changed to;
    I get up in the the morning, I get down in the afternoon

Next line he changed was;
    I don’t want much of nothing at all but I will take another toke... he changed to;
    I don’t want much of nothing at all but I will take another joke

Great concert,
    RIP Charlie Daniels
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

RIP Charlie.
    "The Patriarch"

One of my favorites. What a loss.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ennio Morricone, the Oscar-winning film composer, has also died at the age of 91.

He died at dawn in a Rome hospital after falling and breaking his leg, his lawyer, Giorgio Assumma, said.
    Morricone is best known internationally as the composer behind the instantly recognizable melodies from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in the West."
    And, the great producer/comedian, Carl Reiner, passed away a few days ago:
    Carl Reiner, the writer, producer, director and actor who was part of Sid Caesar’s legendary team and went on to create “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and direct several hit films, has died. He was 98.

He died of natural causes on Monday night at his home in Beverly Hills, his assistant Judy Nagy confirmed to Variety.

Reiner, the father of filmmaker, Rob Reiner, was the winner of nine Emmy awards, including five for “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” His most popular films as a director included “Oh God,” starring George Burns, in 1977; “The Jerk,” with Steve Martin, in 1979; and “All of Me,” with Martin and Lily Tomlin, in 1984.
    Lottsa talent leaving the earth.......
    There is no spoon.

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Just thought I’d add this, it will make you smile

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Well that sucks... though not for him. He escaped in time, the lucky bastard.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Ennio Morricone, the Oscar-winning film composer, has also died at the age of 91.

And, the great producer/comedian, Carl Reiner, passed away a few days ago:

Lottsa talent leaving the earth.......
    I'd much preferred Carl remain and Rob go the way of the dodo to his cell in the ninth circle that so eagerly awaits his arrival.

Ah well.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    "Benghazi ain't going away."
    And yet...

When I worked in the music industry I had the opportunity to be his personal monitor engineer for two shows. I queued his fiddle mic in my headphones so that for parts of the show I would only hear the fiddle... man he could play that thing!

He was a great guy, very friendly and down to earth. We need more artists and musicians like him.

Funny story... That first day I was doing the show his primary Front-Of-House engineer came to talk to me before sound check (I was a hired gun)...

He told me that Charlie was pretty easy to work for but I had to pay attention. They once had a hired engineer that wasn't paying attention because he was flirting with the groupies instead of mixing.

Charlie needed more fiddle in his monitor but the engineer's back was to him so Charlie walked over in the middle of the show and hit the guy on the head with his bow to get his attention. LOL
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saw him back in 1983 at the Garden State Arts Center of all places.

RIP brother.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Charlie Daniels knew what was wrong with the world today
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

He came to the Fryeburg Fair two years ago, I am so glad I went and saw him.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Gonna be honest here. I had no idea who Charlies Daniels was until I heard that he died.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Some things in this world you just can't explain.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I'd much preferred Carl remain and Rob go the way of the dodo to his cell in the ninth circle that so eagerly awaits his arrival.

Ah well.
    At least Rob gave us The Princess Bride.
    There is no spoon.

And Spinal Tap. Perhaps a dubious accomplishment but hey...

Big Bottom and amps that go to 11, where would we be without them?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Just thought I’d add this, it will make you smile

RIP Charlie.

Is that a 58' Les Paul he is playing?
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He also gave us Meathead, so...

RIP CD.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1281290958055845890
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1281290958055845890
    I have a number of Charlies CD's ;-)

How in the heck did anti-liberty Levin end up in that vid with a picture of Lincoln behind him :-O

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I can't believe I missed this.

sigh

$#@!ing work

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast