Thread: Refusal to Talk with Contact Tracers a Crime?

Refusal to Talk with Contact Tracers a Crime?

by Michael S. Rozeff

Prior to arrest of a suspect of a crime, “The officer is free to ask questions before an arrest, but must inform the suspect that the questioning is voluntary and that he or she is free to leave at any time.”

“After placing the suspect under arrest, the officer will say something similar to, ‘You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.'”

If a crime suspect need not say a word, having a right to remain silent, doesn’t a person allegedly in contact with a coronavirus-infected person, have the same right to remain silent? The person thought to be in contact is not a suspect in a crime, after all. Doesn’t freedom of speech include this right to remain silent?

Yet, “Officials in New York’s Rockland County announced on Wednesday that they had issued subpoenas to eight people allegedly infected by the coronavirus for refusing to speak with contact tracers voluntarily.

“‘The health of our county’ will not be ‘compromised because of ignorance, stupidity, or obstinance,’ Ed Day, the county executive, told reporters.

“‘Failure to comply will be costly: $2,000 per day,’ Patricia Rupert, the county’s health commissioner, added, referring to the subpoenas, according to the Hill.”

There are sound reasons to refuse to talk. One might be forced to be tested. The result might be a 2-week quarantine. A test might be a false positive. One might be snitching on other people and not want to live with such behavior. One might not want to submit to an unconstitutional search of one’s mind. One might not want to submit to a police state measure. Mr. Day is way off base in his remark about “ignorance, stupidity, or obstinance” being the cause of evading the contact tracers.

Who owns the contents of your mind? Do you own them, or does Rockland County and its contact tracers?

This news item is infuriating. Looting a person’s mind under threat of excessive fines for no crime, also violating the Fifth Amendment, is on a par with smashing a window and looting a pair of sneakers. It actually is worse. The notion of a thoughtcrime is worse, because it invades your being.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...acers-a-crime/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That reminds me, gotta get my Faraday Bag ordered, Thank you.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If anyone stands up to this it would get thrown out of court.

I won't be talking to any contract tracers should they ever confront me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

hope the cops will wear PPE during the arrest and maintain a 6 foot distance
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    hope the cops will wear PPE during the arrest and maintain a 6 foot distance

Not to worry. The range on their tazers is about 10 feet, so it's all good.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul