Thread: Bar Owner Shoots Attacker

Bar Owner Shoots Attacker

Bar Owner Shoots Attacker.... and the Left is demanding it was a murder.

This reads like a book, an article from yahoo, of course continuously using the word, "protester."

After a Black protester is killed in Omaha, witnesses claim a rushed investigation ignored signs of the shooter's allegedly racist past

https://news.yahoo.com/after-a-black...190303877.html

Jake Gardner, the white bar owner who shot and killed James Scurlock, a 22-year-old Black protester, on the second night of unrest in Omaha — Saturday, May 30 — wasn’t one of them.

Within just 36 hours of the shooting, Douglas County prosecutor Don Kleine announced that criminal charges would not be filed, finding that Gardner — a 38-year-old ex-Marine with an expired concealed carry permit — had shot Scurlock in self-defense. Gardner, who’d been taken into police custody for questioning the night of the shooting, was released the following night without even being booked into the jail.

The move was, predictably, met with backlash, fueling more protests, including outside Kleine’s house. Within days, under pressure from community leaders, Kleine agreed to call for a grand jury to review the case, while still maintaining that he believed he’d made the right decision. A special prosecutor has since been appointed, though it’s unclear when exactly the investigation will begin, as the process of convening a grand jury is reportedly expected to take a couple of months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The quick decision not to file charges in the context of this shooting was viewed by many in the community as an example of the ingrained racism within the criminal justice system that has been the subject of nationwide protests, including the one Scurlock had participated in the night he was killed. And while Kleine’s call to convene a grand jury has been welcomed by Scurlock’s family and community leaders alike, many in Omaha have been left feeling angry and disappointed by what they view as a failure by local law enforcement to consider all pertinent evidence and information, including Gardner’s background and reputation, before apparently siding with his version of events and letting him go.

----

As Omaha braced for protests on the last Saturday in May, Alayna Melendez wasn’t sure she wanted to attend. Melendez, 19, had participated in the previous night’s demonstrations, which had quickly gone from peaceful to chaotic and violent, with reports of windows broken and bottles thrown at police, and pepper balls and rubber bullets in response. Melendez heard rumors that far-right groups and anarchists were intending to incite violence. She said she even told friends earlier in the day that she was worried “someone’s going to get shot.”

But one of Melendez’s friends, a photographer, was eager to go and take pictures, so she relented. The plan, she told Yahoo News, was to take photos, support the cause, “but not really get too involved.”

Not only did Melendez’s fears prove to be eerily accurate, but she would end up being at the center of an altercation that ended in Scurlock’s death. Melendez says she’d never met Scurlock before, nor did she know anything about Jake Gardner. She says she encountered both men for the first time that night when, as she and many other protesters made their way downtown, she heard someone yell, “He’s got a gun!”

Melendez approached a crowd of people that had gathered outside a nearby bar and saw a man (who would later be identified as Gardner) with a gun in his hand, waving it around.

“I was taught gun rules from a very young age,” said Melendez. “My grandpa told me never to point a gun at anybody, even a BB gun.”

In video footage from the scene, Melendez can be seen standing behind Gardner. She was, she said, contemplating how to disarm him.

“I thought, I need to take this man down,” she said.

Melendez, who weighs 130 pounds and is 5 feet 3 “on a good day,” says she had never tried to wrestle a gun from anyone before. But as soon as Gardner placed the gun back in his waistband, she saw an opening, grabbed him from behind and brought him to the ground, landing in a puddle in the street.

With the young woman on his back, Gardner quickly fired what the county attorney would later describe as “two warning shots.” Melendez said it took her a second to register that the loud noise was not the flash-bangs police had been throwing to disperse crowds. “As soon as I realized they were gunshots, I ran away,” she said.

Video footage shows Gardner briefly standing up before he is tackled to the ground again, this time by Scurlock. Within seconds, Gardner shoots Scurlock in the clavicle, then stands up and walks back toward the bar as protesters and police begin gathering around the young man bleeding in the street.
    A meek little innocent thing that wasn't even going to go, but then attacked a man with a gun.

She is the first attacker, the third one gets shot, for some strange reason.

You make the call....

Last edited by Mach; 07-01-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a tough call.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You're gonna start seeing a lot more people shooting these attackers.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Unfortunate serious of events.

So, the dead guy and some others were hassling and threatening the bar owner and his old man father. Someone ran up and knocked the old man to the ground. The verbal altercation continues with threats from the dead guy and his friend.

The bar owner lets it be known he is armed, and then this chick jumps him, landing on top of him in the street. This is a key escalation and initiation of violence. Responsibility is now on this girl.

Bar owner fires two warning shots, girl gets up and runs away. Dead guy then decides to jump on the bar owner while he was down, and puts him in a choke-hold while on his back. Currently, choke holds are considered deadly, and one of the worst things that can be done to someone. Bar owner eventually fires over his back hitting the choker in the shoulder.

Bar owners gets up, dead guy dies.

Who is responsible? The girl initiated the fight against an armed person in front of his property (business). They weren't in front of her house. Then the other guy decided to jump the owner, even knowing that he was armed and had fired warning shots. This guy was free to leave, as was everyone that was circling this bar.

So if anyone deserves charges, it's the girl. And they could also charge the person that ran up and knocked over the old man, if they ever find them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunate serious of events.

So, the dead guy and some others were hassling and threatening the bar owner and his old man father. Someone ran up and knocked the old man to the ground. The verbal altercation continues with threats from the dead guy and his friend.

The bar owner lets it be known he is armed, and then this chick jumps him, landing on top of him in the street. This is a key escalation and initiation of violence. Responsibility is now on this girl.

Bar owner fires two warning shots, girl gets up and runs away. Dead guy then decides to jump on the bar owner while he was down, and puts him in a choke-hold while on his back. Currently, choke holds are considered deadly, and one of the worst things that can be done to someone. Bar owner eventually fires over his back hitting the choker in the shoulder.

Bar owners gets up, dead guy dies.

Who is responsible? The girl initiated the fight against an armed person in front of his property (business). They weren't in front of her house. Then the other guy decided to jump the owner, even knowing that he was armed and had fired warning shots. This guy was free to leave, as was everyone that was circling this bar.

So if anyone deserves charges, it's the girl. And they could also charge the person that ran up and knocked over the old man, if they ever find them.
    Guy is lucky to be alive. Absolutely no one had his back and he had "friends" around. Even with three people on top of him his dad just kinda walked around the fray.

Same thing with the St. Louis Catholic folks. I'm so sick of seeing it.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Now a days, they ignore the criminal record of the attacker, but look for any rumor of wrong think of the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Guy is lucky to be alive. Absolutely no one had his back and he had "friends" around. Even with three people on top of him his dad just kinda walked around the fray.

Same thing with the St. Louis Catholic folks. I'm so sick of seeing it.
    In this case, I'd be hesitant to get too close, as there's no telling where the shots may go.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Bar Owner Shoots Attacker.... and the Left is demanding it was a murder.

This reads like a book, an article from yahoo, of course continuously using the word, "protester."

After a Black protester is killed in Omaha, witnesses claim a rushed investigation ignored signs of the shooter's allegedly racist past

https://news.yahoo.com/after-a-black...190303877.html

Jake Gardner, the white bar owner who shot and killed James Scurlock, a 22-year-old Black protester, on the second night of unrest in Omaha — Saturday, May 30 — wasn’t one of them.

Within just 36 hours of the shooting, Douglas County prosecutor Don Kleine announced that criminal charges would not be filed, finding that Gardner — a 38-year-old ex-Marine with an expired concealed carry permit — had shot Scurlock in self-defense. Gardner, who’d been taken into police custody for questioning the night of the shooting, was released the following night without even being booked into the jail.

The move was, predictably, met with backlash, fueling more protests, including outside Kleine’s house. Within days, under pressure from community leaders, Kleine agreed to call for a grand jury to review the case, while still maintaining that he believed he’d made the right decision. A special prosecutor has since been appointed, though it’s unclear when exactly the investigation will begin, as the process of convening a grand jury is reportedly expected to take a couple of months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
    A meek little innocent thing that wasn't even going to go, but then attacked a man with a gun.

She is the first attacker, the third one gets shot, for some strange reason.

You make the call....
    Really hard to see what is taking place.

Without having read all the details, quick initial impression. If it's the same Iraq war vet as cited in this news story, alleged 'racist past' narrative as shown in above headline might not be as simple to apply and Iraq war PTSD might also come into focus down the road.

10 years later, veterans reflect on Iraq war
    Mar 19, 2013

OMAHA, Neb. — The war ended, but the violence never stopped. Dozens died in car bombings 10 years to the day since the U.S. invaded Iraq to take Saddam Hussein out.

A decade later, most U.S. troops are out of Iraq, but the scars remain.

-- VIDEO: Veterans reflect on Iraq war

KETV NewsWatch 7's Adrian Whitsett served in the Marines for four years and was part of the initial invasion force.
    One of Whitsett's close friends, a brother in arms, Jake Gardner, was with him then and talked with him Tuesday about their experiences.

"I remember when we first moved, our gunny came in and woke us up and said, 'Pack your stuff, we're going,'" Whitsett recalled. "And 17 hours later, we're in MOPP suits, hanging out at the (landing zone)."

"I have like the most explicit memories from the moment we went across that border to the moment I got on that plane and went home," Gardner said.

"All of a sudden, the Fedayeen and Republican Guard are both closing in on us from different directions," Gardner said. "That was the craziest night of my life -- 16 hours straight fire fight."

"We're always going to bear some of the mental scarring from what we saw and what we did," Whitsett said. "It's just about trying to move past that."
    "We're talking about 4,800 dead, hundreds of thousands deployed and a million combat vets at this point. And we are a tiny piece of that puzzle," Gardner said.
    "I've received unbelievable help from the Marine Corps and the VA and friends, but I think a huge part of hour mental health being where it is is this connection that we have with each other," Gardner told Whitsett.
    ketv.com/article/10-years-later-veterans-reflect-on-iraq-war-1/7638488

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not a tough call.
    Hopefully you have reviewed all the details. But later reporting and circumstances can change narratives quickly especially ifthere are statements from top political leaders like POTUS/governor as happened in the case of Arbery shooting incidence in GA. All three men involved in that incidence had been arrested and indicted few days ago.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Text book self defense. The defender did not initiate or elevate the level of violence. Defender had multiple attackers and the attackers were using deadly force (choke hold). If the grand jury proceeds with charges it would have to be based solely on race.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Now a days, they ignore the criminal record of the attacker, but look for any rumor of wrong think of the defender.
    Blame the victim for oppressing any attackers.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Omaha Bar Owner Who Fatally Shot Protester Indicted, Commits Suicide

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mmits-suicide/

Alana Mastrangelo 20 Sep 2020

An Omaha bar owner who fatally shot a protester in May — during the weekend riots across the country following the death of George Floyd — has allegedly died by suicide after being indicted last week on charges involving the incident.

Jake Gardner, from The Hive bar in Omaha, Nebraska, has committed suicide after being indicted for manslaughter, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony, attempted first-degree assault, and terroristic threats last week, according to a report by KETV NewsWatch 7.

In June, Breitbart News initially reported that no charges would be filed against Gardner, who fatally shot protester James Scurlock during the third night of nationwide riots across the United States in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

The Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine had concluded that Gardner acted in self-defense and therefore did not file charges. Just days ago, however, a grand jury decided to indict the bar owner.

“I hope he turns himself in and we can start this process of seeking justice but if not, I hope OPD or the sheriff’s office treats him like everybody else,” said Scurlock family attorney, Justin Wayne. “If they have to fly or drive to go get him, that’s what they do.”

The report added that special prosecutor Frederick Franklin had said he would be in touch with Gardner’s attorney to find out whether Gardner would turn himself in, or if an arrest warrant was necessary.

Now, Gardner has died by suicide, according to multiple sources who spoke to KETV NewsWatch 7.

The fatal confrontation between Gardner and Scurlock occurred in Omaha outside of The Hive bar during the infamous weekend of protests — which quickly devolved into riots — following the death of George Floyd.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee