Thread: Next: Cars Won’t Start Until Driver Passes Breathalyzer

Next: Cars Won’t Start Until Driver Passes Breathalyzer

https://technocracy.news/next-cars-w...-breathalyzer/
    https://transportation.house.gov/imo...-RCP116-54.pdf

The NHTSA has been trying to put breathalyzers in new cars since at least 2015 and new legislation suggests they may finally succeed.

As Landline Media explains, “an already large bill has developed into an enormous one. House Democrats merged the nearly $500 billion highway bill, or INVEST in America Act, into a larger infrastructure package with a $1.5 trillion price tag.”

A press release reveals that this new bill would treat every American like a potential criminal and force them to breathe into a breathalyzer every time they get behind the wheel.

“To honor the Abbas family’s legacy to stop drunk driving by directing NHTSA to prescribe a motor vehicle safety standard requiring passenger motor vehicles to be equipped with an advanced drunk driving prevention system that detects if the driver is intoxicated.”

The Morning Sun reveals that part of the new act, forcing car manufacturers to install breathalyzers in new cars will be voted on this July!

In less than five years, the “Moving Forward Act” will require all passenger vehicles be equipped with drunk driving-detection technology.

“Not later than 5 years after the date of enactment of this section, the Secretary shall prescribe a final rule containing the motor vehicle safety standard required under this sub-section. The final rule shall specify an effective date that provides at least 2 years, and no more than 3 years, to allow for manufacturing compliance.”

This bill would accelerate the development of breathalyzers in new cars.

“The Secretary shall work directly with manufacturers of passenger motor vehicles, suppliers, safety advocates, and other interested parties to accelerate the development of the drunk driving prevention technology required to prescribe a motor vehicle safety standard.”

The bill would also allow the Feds to install “advanced drunk driving prevention technology” or Driver Alcohol Detection System for Safety (DADDS) in every new car.

Full article at link

---

Guilty until proven innocent. And even then, True Innocence is no longer a legitimate defense against the law. So even if innocent, you get to pay the fine by having to pay for your Mandatory Breathalyzer.

Where is AF?

$#@! A BUNCH OF COMPUTER CARS.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard if you are drunk, you can just take a bong hit of weed and blow it into the device and it won't detect any alcohol.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I heard if you are drunk, you can just take a bong hit of weed and blow it into the device and it won't detect any alcohol.
    "I am a bird"

Aren't there enough things that keep a car from running?

NO
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Start car > Get drunk > Drive off. Problem solved.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Well at least you will be able to sue the Bar or even the Bartender since your phone / wallet / Digital ID (mandatory) will have a permanent record of who got you drunk to begin with.

Always enough rope to hang you with, but never enough to pull you out of a hole.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Business opportunity for folks that need some extra cash. $5/breath when the bar closes.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear if you get one of the self driving cars, the police throw a switch, and it drives you straight to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Cool Story Bro..

Try that and let me know...

They can already Fake breathalyzer results.. and do routinely.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I think I will just stick with my 90's model 4x4 manual transmission toyota if you don't mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think I will just stick with my 90's model 4x4 manual transmission toyota if you don't mind...
    That only lasts as long as your current ride keeps running, and you can actually buy a Non Breathalyzer Car. So, what happens in 50 years when a 2025 car is considered "old" and is no longer available on the market?

Remember Cash For Clunkers? What is Version 2.0 of this, "Cash For Crashers"?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    That only lasts as long as your current ride keeps running, and you can actually buy a Non Breathalyzer Car. So, what happens in 50 years when a 2025 car is considered "old" and is no longer available on the market?

Remember Cash For Clunkers? What is Version 2.0 of this, "Cash For Crashers"?
    OMG in 50 years I'll be 115 years old I hope I am not driving by then. I have vowed to stop driving by the time I am 100. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    OMG in 50 years I'll be 115 years old I hope I am not driving by then. I have vowed to stop driving by the time I am 100. :P
    I was thinking along the line of borrowing our land and country from our children, and hope by the time they are adults, that there is a country left worth living in. How bad will the future be for all our children?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I was thinking along the line of borrowing our land and country from our children, and hope by the time they are adults, that there is a country left worth living in. How bad will the future be for all our children?
    I worry my head off about what will my grandchildren have left. My child is an adult and he sees what is going on. I hope they can have a good life I really do. My son works really hard and he provides for his children and believes in family and I think he gives good values to his children. He has a lot more ambition than I have ever had. I don't know if that will be enough.He seems to know how to play within the rules of society which is something I never could do. I have always been politically incorrect and refused to fit in with social norms. He is not like me in any way. He is very smart and he was always encouraged to do his best in all things. He is very determined to prove me wrong about politics and the economy.
    I hope he is right because he is the one who is going to have to live with what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Aren't there enough things that keep a car from running?
    I can't wait to pay $700 to get my blow stick fixed.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    ... every other month!
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I'm sure somebody will make a device to bypass that thing and sell it on the black market.

Can we still say black market?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm sure somebody will make a device to bypass that thing and sell it on the black market.

Can we still say black market?
    Only if half the profits are given to African-Americans.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only if half the profits are given to African-Americans.
    But, they "didn't build that."