Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tucker clashes with GOP Senator over police reform in contentious interview

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    No it means what it says and says what it means. All lives matter, even all those lives that are aborted everyday, which most people choose not to talk about.
    Let me know when you attend an all lives matter protest

Y'know, since you support it
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No one should cower to any demands in a free society.
    So much for your health issues advocacy, then
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Braun publicly backed the BLM!!! You don't support a group of Marxists, you denounce them!

Braun or Brains? Republican Senator Supports “Dead Cops!” BLM
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...32#post6961732
    1) I followed your link. All it says is this:

Agreed. In the case of Georgia the cops has been fired, and indicted with charges that include the death penalty. We have gone from one extreme to another. That is not a solution. There needs to be a conversation about this, not placate and submit from one group to another.

Yeah but most the time its your word against theirs and if you cant prove malfeasance without a reasonable doubt you are $#@!ed. The burden of proof is always on the citizen. Lots of police i am sure are good people but they arent the best people. The unions make sure good cops cant get paid more because they will always make more money with more bad cops than fewer quality cops.

2) There are people who support BLM the concept without supporting BLM the organisation.

3) Why are you against ending qualified immunity?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Let me know when you attend an all lives matter protest

Y'know, since you support it

The next Trump rally in my state.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    1) I followed your link. All it says is this:

Agreed. In the case of Georgia the cops has been fired, and indicted with charges that include the death penalty. We have gone from one extreme to another. That is not a solution. There needs to be a conversation about this, not placate and submit from one group to another.

Yeah but most the time its your word against theirs and if you cant prove malfeasance without a reasonable doubt you are $#@!ed. The burden of proof is always on the citizen. Lots of police i am sure are good people but they arent the best people. The unions make sure good cops cant get paid more because they will always make more money with more bad cops than fewer quality cops.

2) There are people who support BLM the concept without supporting BLM the organisation.

3) Why are you against ending qualified immunity?
    I am not against ending qualified immunity--but there needs to be a conversation about all it protects, not just law enforcement.

First: End qualified Immunity for politicians.
    Second: End qualified Immunity for vaccine makers.

In regards to Braun, he out and out supported this radical Marxist group (BLM) to placate to the democrat's.

Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as ‘trained Marxist’
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co...ained-marxist/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I am not against ending qualified immunity--but there needs to be a conversation about all it protects, not just law enforcement.

First: End qualified Immunity for politicians.
    Second: End qualified Immunity for vaccine makers.

In regards to Braun, he out and out supported this radical Marxist group (BLM) to placate to the democrat's.

Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as ‘trained Marxist’
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co...ained-marxist/
    You are confused. The senator said he supported the black lives matter movement! He specifically told Tucker Carlson he did not support the black lives matter organisation.. Rand Paul once said he supported black lives matter. He was talking about the movement. Tucker is being a dishonest a$$hole.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I don't like it when people who I agree with for the most part will use their excellent debating/interviewing skills by pushing the person they interview to be the idiot in the conversation. I do think Braun is making a valid point, he's just making it very badly. There's too much police brutality, I think most people would agree on that. Against minorities, people with mental disabilities etc. specifically, those with more challenges in society and also those with more risk of a police encounter. If thats's agreeable, then it may be worth it to look at how police departments themselves cannot be held accountable but the individual officer will be accountable, at least to a higher degree than currently, for their actions. Does that make sense somewhere ?
    Yep. You get it. @donnay watch the video at 1;30. Senator Braun is asked if he supports the black lives matter movement not the organization. They are two different things. Then jackass Tucker Carlson @ 2:50 starts talking about "Have you seen their website? Abolish the nuclear family?" Senator Braun. "No not at all. I support anybody who has a grievance to be able to air it. That's it. That doesn't mean all lives don't matter. It just means that if you think a certain sector has a grievance it ought to be debated and there should be a willingness to get it out."

Rand Paul was even willing to attend a Black Lives Matter town hall had it been put together.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...tter-town-hall

Anyone who is against police brutality and supports liberty should be p1ssed at Tucker Carlson right now. He's not been a voice of reason to say "Let's deal with police brutality in a reasonable way." Instead he's been a total jackass pushing only one narrative (looters bad...some protestors are looters...therefore all protestors bad) and he's not put forward a single positive idea on police reform.

Note that Tucker's lead in is not "We're all against police brutality and something must be done to reign in the bad apples" but rather "The police are under attack and this senator wants to make it easier for liberal organizations to sue police officers." Ummmm....no Tucker. Nothing in the law is specific to "liberal organizations." Clarence Thomas thinks it should be easier to sue bad police officers. George Will thinks it should be easier to sue bad police officers. Rand Paul thinks it should be easier to sue bad police officers. If you make this a "liberal vs conservative" issue you will push people who otheriwise might be conservative into the marxist camp!

If you really want to understand what's going on, watch this video by black Trump supporter and YouTuber "The Amazing Lucas."

At 3:30 "What some people have done is conflated black lives matter the SENTIMENT with black lives matter the ORGANISATION."

A black conservative covers something you will never see on Tucker Carlson.

Now here is where I agree with Tucker Carlson.

Being against police brutality and supporting the right of someone the police stole $250,000 from to be able to civilly sue the officers doesn't mean you have to support mob violence against innocent bystanders.

Last thought. I think senator Braun made a tactical error bringing up Rayshard Brooks. I wish he had just talked about Breonna Taylor. She was doing absolutely nothing wrong. She was sitting in her house. The police did a no knock raid on her house. Her boyfriend thought it was a home invasion robbery and exercised his 2nd amendment rights. She was killed in the crossfire. I get why something should have happened in the Rayshard Brooks case. A taser is a less-than-lethal weapon with a limited range and Rayshard was running away. But there's no way to honestly charge the officer with felony murder which is what happened. That's different from the question of suing someone under 1983. And Tucker flat out lied about that point in the interview. Just because officers can be charged criminally doesn't mean they can be sued under 42 USC 1983.

You are confused. The senator said he supported the black lives matter movement! He specifically told Tucker Carlson he did not support the black lives matter organisation.. Rand Paul once said he supported black lives matter. He was talking about the movement. Tucker is being a dishonest a$$hole.
    You're playing the MSM's game of semantics.

So contributions to BLM are funneled through ActBlue, the major resource for Democrat donations, and then funneled to an organization ran by a member of the Weather Underground terrorist group.

It’s clear that the recent riots around the country are not spontaneous. They are coordinated and planned. These riots are related to the same individuals involved in similar activities for years.
    https://c-vine.com/blog/2020/06/25/d...hey-really-go/

Braun also supports Greta Thunberg, just sayin'.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-03-2020 at 05:46 AM.

You're playing the MSM's game of semantics.
    No. At this point you are just not being honest. I gave you the quotes where Braun said he supported the movement, not the organization. That is the same position Rand Paul took. And you refuse to address the fact that Tucker Carlson is for qualified immunity in general. You want to "bless" someone who thinks the police should be able to brutalize you with impunity.

https://c-vine.com/blog/2020/06/25/d...hey-really-go/

Braun also supports Greta Thunberg, just sayin'.
    Neither Senator Braun nor Greta Thunberg are even mentioned on that link. Dishonest reporting by you.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You are speaking like a partisan media hack where that if you agree in anyway with an aspect of a policy and that policy is from someone your party considerings the enemy then that policy is automatically no good.

Besides what do you have against free market competition for policing rather than your support for a single government monopoly?

Maybe you should change your handle to StatistCanadian.
    QFT @donnay

The next Trump rally in my state.
    LOL

That says everything right there.
    Pinochet is the model

No. At this point you are just not being honest. I gave you the quotes where Braun said he supported the movement, not the organization. That is the same position Rand Paul took. And you refuse to address the fact that Tucker Carlson is for qualified immunity in general. You want to "bless" someone who thinks the police should be able to brutalize you with impunity.

Neither Senator Braun nor Greta Thunberg are even mentioned on that link. Dishonest reporting by you.
    Look these things up why don't you. Geez. Braun is another wolf in sheep's clothing.

But here, I'll help you...

Indiana Sen. Mike Braun thinks climate activist Greta Thunberg is inspiring.

In President Trump’s world, that’s a controversial statement for a Republican senator to make about the 17-year-old Time Magazine person of the year who has become a punching bag for a climate skeptic president who questions the established science linking human activity to climate change.

“I would never want to diss someone like that,” Braun said recently, pointedly omitting Trump’s attacks on the “very angry” Swedish teenager. “She’s talking about an issue that she ought to be sincerely concerned about because if we don’t, we’ll pay a consequence for it. So yes, I admire her.”
    The freshman senator who ran in 2018 as a Trump loyalist in Vice President Pence’s home state is not just an unlikely Thunberg supporter — he’s a self-described conservationist readying to push a reluctant Republican Party forward on an issue many in the GOP have long denied or ignored.
    https://hagerstownairport.org/2020/0...should-be-too/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    LOL

That says everything right there.
    Yes it does. I do not mince my words. Trump is the only President who cares about this country and the people in it. But the only way to see this is by stepping out of the box and thinking for yourself. All lives matter!

WTF? Tucker is the one being a neocon here. Cops shouldn't have a license to abuse you without civil liability. There's nothing "libertarian" about qualified immunity.
    agreed. This position along with Braun being one of only 4 GOP Senators to support Rand Paul's amendment to end the Afghanistan war is making him look pretty damn good these days.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Look these things up why don't you. Geez. Braun is another wolf in sheep's clothing.

But here, I'll help you...

https://hagerstownairport.org/2020/0...should-be-too/
    Why didn't you simply use that link in the first place? Sheesh! Regardless in this video Tucker Calson flat out lied when he said Braun supported the Black Lives Matter ORGANIZATION and Braun cleared that up when he said "I don't support that."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123