Thread: People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

Chris Van Gorder says he's seeing a telling trend in the hospitals he runs.

Coronavirus patients are showing up in emergency rooms after calling 911 from the US-Mexico border.

"They'll literally come to the border and call an ambulance," says Van Gorder, president and CEO of Scripps Health, a hospital system in southern California.
    An increase in cross-border coronavirus cases, which began getting public attention in May, overwhelmed some California hospitals and spurred the state to create a new patient transfer system to help.

"It's an unprecedented surge across the border," says Carmela Coyle, president and CEO of the California Hospital Association.

In the past five weeks, more than 500 patients have been transferred to hospitals across the state from California's Imperial County, which has the state's highest per capita rate of coronavirus cases -- and, according to officials, has seen a large number of patients crossing from Mexico.
    Officials estimate about a quarter of a million US citizens live across the border in the Mexican state of Baja California. Many work in the US and have family members there. Some regularly go to US hospitals when they need medical attention. Others decided to cross this time because Mexican hospitals were overwhelmed by a crush of coronavirus cases.

"What has happened as the situation has worsened on the Mexican side of the line is that a number of the US citizens are returning to the United States to seek care for Covid-19," says Coyle of the California Hospital Association.
    More: https://www.foxcarolina.com/people-w...e4a00b83c.html
    Explains the increase of cases in border areas in Texas, Arizona and Southern California.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard stories of people in Mexico who don't even know what the coronavirus is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I've heard stories of people in Mexico who don't even know what the coronavirus is.
    When this all first started, the large groups you would see completely ignoring the whole social distancing and avoid other people recommendations were Hispanic. It's likely this lack of knowledge about the virus was also taking place in Mexico. But it was in no way exclusive to Hispanics. Now, there are all types of people who don't want to take any precautions. There is a huge amount of fatigue over this.

People have always come over the border for medical treatment, so this is no surprise. But it does help the media fear and lockdown advocates and politicians who want to say how terrible it all is, because they can call this a huge increase in hospitalizations and cases.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That is a big one and the masks dont stop it or slow it down. If it doesnt stop it or slow it in one direction its not going to stop it or slow it in the other direction. This whole i wear the mask to protect others is a batman joke. Corporations are using local governments to stomp out their competitors.