Thread: People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

Chris Van Gorder says he's seeing a telling trend in the hospitals he runs.

Coronavirus patients are showing up in emergency rooms after calling 911 from the US-Mexico border.

"They'll literally come to the border and call an ambulance," says Van Gorder, president and CEO of Scripps Health, a hospital system in southern California.
    An increase in cross-border coronavirus cases, which began getting public attention in May, overwhelmed some California hospitals and spurred the state to create a new patient transfer system to help.

"It's an unprecedented surge across the border," says Carmela Coyle, president and CEO of the California Hospital Association.

In the past five weeks, more than 500 patients have been transferred to hospitals across the state from California's Imperial County, which has the state's highest per capita rate of coronavirus cases -- and, according to officials, has seen a large number of patients crossing from Mexico.
    Officials estimate about a quarter of a million US citizens live across the border in the Mexican state of Baja California. Many work in the US and have family members there. Some regularly go to US hospitals when they need medical attention. Others decided to cross this time because Mexican hospitals were overwhelmed by a crush of coronavirus cases.

"What has happened as the situation has worsened on the Mexican side of the line is that a number of the US citizens are returning to the United States to seek care for Covid-19," says Coyle of the California Hospital Association.
    More: https://www.foxcarolina.com/people-w...e4a00b83c.html
    Explains the increase of cases in border areas in Texas, Arizona and Southern California.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard stories of people in Mexico who don't even know what the coronavirus is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I've heard stories of people in Mexico who don't even know what the coronavirus is.
    When this all first started, the large groups you would see completely ignoring the whole social distancing and avoid other people recommendations were Hispanic. It's likely this lack of knowledge about the virus was also taking place in Mexico. But it was in no way exclusive to Hispanics. Now, there are all types of people who don't want to take any precautions. There is a huge amount of fatigue over this.

People have always come over the border for medical treatment, so this is no surprise. But it does help the media fear and lockdown advocates and politicians who want to say how terrible it all is, because they can call this a huge increase in hospitalizations and cases.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That is a big one and the masks dont stop it or slow it down. If it doesnt stop it or slow it in one direction its not going to stop it or slow it in the other direction. This whole i wear the mask to protect others is a batman joke. Corporations are using local governments to stomp out their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That is a big one and the masks dont stop it or slow it down. If it doesnt stop it or slow it in one direction its not going to stop it or slow it in the other direction. This whole i wear the mask to protect others is a batman joke. Corporations are using local governments to stomp out their competitors.
    Welcome to FASCISM.

Clear is the company who makes scanning equipment for TSA and is rolling out new products such as "Health Pass" Immunity Passports.

Going to a ball game? Out to dinner? No matter where you go, or what you do...

Clear has developed a new service using biometrics to link personal health data to verified IDs to enable businesses to screen employees for COVID-19 infection as they return to work.

The new Health Pass offering is accessed through the Clear smartphone app, which users register with by enrolling their facial biometrics. Users take a selfie, complete a form of questions about COVID-19 symptoms and upload or link to their test results before entering a business of venue. The business implementing Health Pass will provide Clear pods, where the user verified his or her identity with facial recognition or a QR code generated by the app, which allows health and ID data to be shared, a process which may include a temperature check. In the future, Clear intends to allow COVID-19 test results to be linked with the user’s digital ID.

Health Pass is expected to be launched within the next week.

“CLEAR’s trusted biometric identity platform was born out of 9/11 to help millions of travelers feel safe when flying,” Clear Head of Public Affairs Maria Comella told Axios. “Now, CLEAR’s touchless technology is able to connect identity to health insights to help people feel confident walking back into the office.”

The company is in talks with restauranteur Danny Meyer, the New York Mets, and the Las Vegas COVID-19 recovery task force, according to Axios.
    Immunity passports have proven a controversial concept, though Axios warns that “we’ll need to get used to a more invasive level of health surveillance.”

For its part, Clear says the Health Pass idea will evolve over time.

Clear’s biometric technology was launched at St. Louis Lambert International Airport earlier this year.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/2020...for-businesses

Coincidence that Canada would use "Patriot"?

Patriot One Technologies is upgrading its PATSCAN multi-sensor threat detection platform with body temperature screening, mask detection, and cross-location temperature monitoring to help predict future outbreaks.

The company has secured up to $4.5 million in co-investment funding from the Canadian Digital Technology Supercluster Covid19 Program to carry out the development. The new capabilities include real-time temperature monitoring with commodity-priced thermal cameras and detection of people and problem areas not maintaining social distancing.

Half of the funding comes during a first stage of module development over a four to six-month timeframe. The second stage and remaining funding will be provided to support the refining and redeployment of Health & Safety Modules with Stage One partners and customers over a six to eight-month timeframe.

Patriot One’s Xtract.ai division has also worked with AWS, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia (UBC), and SapienML to develop a system for quickly identifying increased risk of COVID-19 from CT and X-Ray scans, based on the presence of Ground Glass Opacity. The company is also working on other access control offerings, and has engaged a marketing firm for a $120,000 digital advertising campaign.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/2020...-out-worldwide

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Most people don't have a clue.. relying on Fear based Media for information..

and the media has promoted the common Cold to plague like proportions.

It is a Cold.. get over it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom