Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: No, I will not be wearing a "mandated" mask in public

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Gym logic: Wear a mask when you walk in, don't have to wear it while you're working out. Apparently the virus can't get you when you're doing physical activity.
    Physical activity is actually good for fighting viruses of any kind. And its especially good when you're outside in the fresh air. The "don't go to the beach/park" madness we had going on at the beginning when Fauci et al were saying DON'T wear masks was the worst advice ever. When you work out you sweat. Getting a facemask wet turns it into a petri dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The virus also seems to have this ability when people eat at a restaurant.
    Most restaurants make you social distance from other parties while you're eating. You're only near the people you were meeting at the restaurant but they are likely in your "social bubble" anyway.

I get it. People don't want to wear masks. And they shouldn't be forced to. But there is a reason why masks have been a part of the prevention of spreading disease long before SARS-2 or even SARS-1. They don't reduce your risk to zero but they do reduce risk some.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I get it. People don't want to wear masks. And they shouldn't be forced to. But there is a reason why masks have been a part of the prevention of spreading disease long before SARS-2 or even SARS-1. They don't reduce your risk to zero but they do reduce risk some.
    Our immune systems are stronger than any man made medicine or technology that we have come up and it will likely always be that way, but it needs to be challenged to evolve and improve. Exposure to infection is part of the process of fighting off future microbial threats, which will eventually attack every single one of us. Suppression or complete avoidance of infection is the number one way to weaken the immune system. Our "modern medicine" has been teaching us backwards arguments over this for the last 100 years and we are beginning to wake up to this.

But that's not the point of any of this, and I'm not implying that you think it is. The debate isn't over whether or not masks are or are not effective, something that should be a non-issue to begin with. The issue is simply put, will you or I, or anyone else comply with authoritarians pulling the strings throughout the layers of our bureaucratic nightmare they have set up to imprison mankind. Masks are a part of that of that string pulling, as are shutdowns, and business closures, etc. Every time we fail to stand up to their schemes, we are failing each other and willingly allowing them to reduce our liberty and it has nothing to do with our safety or our health, but they sure as hell are going to try their hardest to make us believe that we should be bickering over this mask nonsense and other related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Our immune systems are stronger than any man made medicine or technology that we have come up and it will likely always be that way, but it needs to be challenged to evolve and improve. Exposure to infection is part of the process of fighting off future microbial threats, which will eventually attack every single one of us. Suppression or complete avoidance of infection is the number one way to weaken the immune system. Our "modern medicine" has been teaching us backwards arguments over this for the last 100 years and we are beginning to wake up to this.

But that's not the point of any of this, and I'm not implying that you think it is. The debate isn't over whether or not masks are or are not effective, something that should be a non-issue to begin with. The issue is simply put, will you or I, or anyone else comply with authoritarians pulling the strings throughout the layers of our bureaucratic nightmare they have set up to imprison mankind. Masks are a part of that of that string pulling, as are shutdowns, and business closures, etc. Every time we fail to stand up to their schemes, we are failing each other and willingly allowing them to reduce our liberty and it has nothing to do with our safety or our health, but they sure as hell are going to try their hardest to make us believe that we should be bickering over this mask nonsense and other related issues.
    I need to reiterate something...

People don't want to wear masks. And they shouldn't be forced to.

I agree. People shouldn't be forced to wear masks. But I was wearing them when Fauci said DON'T wear masks! So...there's more than one way to be a rebel. If the government said "Make sure you keep breathing" would you hold your breath just to be contrarian? That is no more an example of thinking for yourself than is doing what the government says to do. I remember some of my black Christian friends reacting when Trump said people should be able to go to church because prayer is important angrily responding with "How dare he tell us to go to church! Doesn't he know we can pray on the phone? He's just trying to kill us!" If Trump had said "Close all of the churches" they would have said "How dare he tell us not to go to church! Doesn't he know that church is the backbone of the black community? He is just trying to stop us from being able to organize in churches the way we did in the 1960s!"

I also don't think we should be "bickering" about masks. But there is a logical reason to think they might be helpful in a pandemic. And I certainly respect the opinion of those who disagree.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

^^^THIS^^^
    There is no spoon.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-26-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    LOL. I am shocked that he was allowed to do that on NBC in 2020. Happy but shocked.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789