Thread: For the dollar crash, what do you think of gold or silver ETFs or stocks? Not physical metal.

For the dollar crash, what do you think of gold or silver ETFs or stocks? Not physical metal.

The fact is I live in an apartment and I just don't have the space, money, and security system it would require to have a good amount of gold anywhere on my premises. I'd want a safe, perimeter alarms, and dogs to have any significant portion of my life savings on my property. But gold based paper assets are still paper assets dependent on a functional financial system. And when SHTF it might not be functional, bank holidays, trading halts, who knows what. I believe the dollar is going to crash. Are gold-based paper assets still a better way to go than holding dollars?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't do it . It is no different than owning 1 800 flowers if the economy collapses your not getting anything
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-26-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Lead and gun powder seems like a good investment...

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    The fact is I live in an apartment and I just don't have the space, money, and security system it would require to have a good amount of gold anywhere on my premises. I'd want a safe, perimeter alarms, and dogs to have any significant portion of my life savings on my property. But gold based paper assets are still paper assets dependent on a functional financial system. And when SHTF it might not be functional, bank holidays, trading halts, who knows what. I believe the dollar is going to crash. Are gold-based paper assets still a better way to go than holding dollars?
    Let someone else store it for you.

https://hardassetsalliance.com/
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I trade etf’s, I hold physical. To totally different functions. I am a believer in physical possession of your metal investment. There are lots of ways holding it safely. A quick google can give you some ideas. Now if your life savings is in physical that’s a choice you’ll need to figure out for yourself...
    Oh, one piece of advice... I’d stay clear of taking it on boats. It’s been notoriously common for boating accidents.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

If the dollar crashes . Things of value will be of a different nature , water , food , gasoline , ammo , gold , silver . Things like FRN's , stocks and bonds can potentially make you more FRN's now but in that event they will not be of value . Having some of what will be important is no different than the renters ins and car insurance you carry now .

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post

thanks!

When things went south in the Balkans pretty much everyone had an AK and ammo so fuel and 1970's silver german five mark pc.s were the currency

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post

Here's another any opinion on this? Reviews look pretty good. https://goldco.com/

Some people buy gold chains, etc. Wearable, disguisable, hide able, and may not look like gold. You can break gold chains in a shtf scenario. note - I am not invested in gold.

If you think the dollar is about to crash, buy hard goods that you think others will need or real estate on credit. Extend your credit to the max. When hyperinflation hits you will easily pay back your loans and be in a good position.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If you think the dollar is about to crash, buy hard goods that you think others will need or real estate on credit. Extend your credit to the max. When hyperinflation hits you will easily pay back your loans and be in a good position.
    aw man that's genius, about to buy a house
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    aw man that's genius, about to buy a house
    Unless the state seizes all private property afterwards.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Unless the state seizes all private property afterwards.
    It will belong to them anyway once they make sure you cannot pay the property tax . The enforcement of that will have to be removed immediately in collapse.

Gold up 19 percent since March 19 .

How I see it:

--If investing and wanting to take more risk, mining shares.

--If investing and wanting to take less risk, physical bullion.

--If trading on a regular basis, ETFs.

It sounds like you're inclined toward physical bullion, but you're concerned about storing it at home.

You might look into companies like OneGold or BullionVault.

They offer storage in secure vaults around the world (e.g. Switzerland) for fairly low fees.

I appreciate the "don't hold it, don't own it" logic, but the reality is that your house is more likely to get burglarized than a Brinks vault in Zurich.

Also, depending on political developments in this country, there might be advantages to holding assets abroad.

Something to consider

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goldco is a good company, Birch Gold, Advantage Gold, and a few others.

Always check the Better Business Bureau, Business Consumer Alliance, TrustLink, TrustPilot, or other verified customer review sites before deciding on a company and handing them your money. This site has curated third party ratings for a few of the bigger gold firms.

https://goldirasecrets.com/investor-guide/