Thread: Future of higher education after Coronavirus?

Post Future of higher education after Coronavirus?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad they were able to find a "Higher Education Futurist" to figure out that they might have in-person classes this fall or they might not. What would we do without the academics?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

My daughter hates the online classes. They still have not decided if there will be a fall semester at her school. She is an art major, you can't exactly do that online.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    She is an art major, you can't exactly do that online.
    Can she explain why the number of new cases of COVID can go up without the number of people who are infected increasing, due to increased testing?

Just curious, a lot of artists seem to struggle with basic concepts like this one.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can she explain why the number of new cases of COVID can go up without the number of people who are infected increasing, due to increased testing?

Just curious, a lot of artists seem to struggle with basic concepts like this one.
    Funny you ask. At first she was in a panic about the virus, even tried to get herself tested, wore masks etc.

She has done a complete 180 now and refuses to wear a mask, thinks the whole thing is just hype over nothing and just wants to go back to school.

Funny you ask. At first she was in a panic about the virus, even tried to get herself tested, wore masks etc.

She has done a complete 180 now and refuses to wear a mask, thinks the whole thing is just hype over nothing and just wants to go back to school.
    She sounds more like a creator as opposed to an 'artist'.

Good to know that your daughter was able to see through all this bullsht. Wish my liberal family members would come to this realization as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.