Thread: NRA backstabs Thomas Massie for fighting against gun control

Thumbs down NRA backstabs Thomas Massie for fighting against gun control

The NRA recently gave the most pro-gun Congressman a lower grade than his left-leaning liberal challenger. When asked about it Congressman Thomas Massie explained below...

NRA supported Fix NICS (Gun control). When FIX NICS was inserted into the reciprocity bill I blew the whistle by making videos, etc. I began a campaign to separate the two bills. At the suggestion of another member, we called the NRA lobbyist and told them our plan, and got their blessing that they didn’t care if we were able to separate the two bills. They said “we do policy, not process.”

I began picking up steam and it looked as though my effort to separate the two bills was going to be successful. That’s when Republican leadership asked NRA to score the procedural vote and they did!

So they completely lied even when I tried to work with them. I have witnesses. (see if they dinged Louie Gohmert, Steve King, or Paul Gosar as well).

Long story short, they scared enough reps and Fix NICS stayed in the bill. I voted against the bill and issued another warning that the reciprocity wouldn’t pass, but later in the year they would pass Fix NICS, now that almost everyone had their hands dirty, having voted for it as part of reciprocity. Sure enough, they added Fix NICS to the next omnibus.

FIX NICS encourages the Veterans Administration to turn over to the NICS database the names of veterans who for instance don’t manage their own finances - a prior law allows them to adjudicate (without a judge or jury!!) those veterans as prohibited from owning a firearm or ammunition.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NRA have always been traitors to the cause. Anyone supporting these $#@!s is supporting more gun control regardless of their own intentions. The NRA ALWAYS winds up betraying gun owners and 2nd Amendment advocates. Always.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The NRA have always been traitors to the cause. Anyone supporting these $#@!s is supporting more gun control regardless of their own intentions. The NRA ALWAYS winds up betraying gun owners and 2nd Amendment advocates. Always.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Came here to say this but you beat me to it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

Same.
    "We're going to give it all away but on our own timeline and under our own conditions" is not exactly what gun owners want in an advocate.
    Last edited by ammodotcom; 06-22-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Thomas Massie , Great American is going to win , so the NRA can suck it

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post

Same.
    "We're going to give it all away but on our own timeline and under our own conditions" is not exactly what gun owners want in an advocate.

Just for the benefit of those members who may not be as familiar with the NRA's treachery as we are, here are some of the highlights off the top of my head:

- They supported the National Firearms Act of 1934.

- They supported Dodd's Gun Control Act of 1968. These two basically created the entire federal firearms regulatory system that we suffer under today.

- They wrote a "compromise" version of the deceitfully named "Cop-Killer" Bullet ban which was passed.

- They agreed to not oppose the also deceitfully named Undetectable Firearms Act after lawmakers raised the amount of steel required in a gun not to be banned to a level that excluded currently (at the time) available firearms. This may come back to haunt gun owners with the advent of 3D printed firearms.

- They discouraged opposition to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, which likely would have succeeded according to many real gun rights advocates at the time, because it would cost votes on Brady.

- They then turned around and supported the Brady Act, which traitorous Republicans had rushed to rewrite and pass through the Senate in an emergency session just before Thanksgiving when most Senators were already gone for the holiday. Afterward, NRA went around pronouncing Brady to be a major victory for gun rights.

- Over the years they've consistently worked very hard to defeat many excellent pro-gun candidates, and even unseat sitting legislators with excellent pro-gun records in favor of candidates that are MUCH worse.

- They consistently give deceptively hig grades to lawmakers who are actually only mediocre, and often outright terrible on 2nr Amendment issues, and give deceptively lower grades to lawmakers who are excellent.

That's just a few higlight from memory.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NRA has alienated their biggest supporters. They got rid of Colion Noir FFS. Easily the best spokesman they had. What is going on here?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.