Thread: Sunday 6/21/2020 11:30PM: Gold at 1678.40 in after-hours trading (+15.40)

Sunday 6/21/2020 11:30PM: Gold at 1678.40 in after-hours trading (+15.40)

Is gold finally going to break out above 1770? I suspect it will be barely positive (or maybe in the red) by market open tomorrow.

https://kingworldnews.com/why-are-th...ng-above-1770/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There seems to be a lot of things happening below the surface with respect to the gold price. Physical delivery requests at COMEX are at historic highs. If they maintain pace, it's going to break the exchange (even with Swiss refiners diverting record amounts of physical to COMEX warehouses, it won't be enough to satisfy demand going forward if the demand keeps pace). There were also a record amount (shock and awe) of shorts placed recently. It really seems like very deep pockets are playing some high stakes chicken right now.

Currently 1769.30 , reached 1771.50 today . No reason it does not hit 1800 by Thurs that I can think of . US Mint is selling 1 ounce 2020 gold buffaloes at 2400, buying them wholesale today out of upstate NY when spot was 1767 cost 1833.00 for backdates. That is your real price of physical US gold , Same place was buying backdate Silver Eagles at 21.00 and selling them at 22.65 .JM Bullion is selling Silver Eagles between 24.10 and 25.00 depending on qty . That is your real price of US govt silver ( 21-25). Us junk silver Halves can be sold for 13 1/2 times face , About Uncirculated 50 silver Morgan dollars 30.25.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    There seems to be a lot of things happening below the surface with respect to the gold price. Physical delivery requests at COMEX are at historic highs. If they maintain pace, it's going to break the exchange (even with Swiss refiners diverting record amounts of physical to COMEX warehouses, it won't be enough to satisfy demand going forward if the demand keeps pace). There were also a record amount (shock and awe) of shorts placed recently. It really seems like very deep pockets are playing some high stakes chicken right now.
    Is there a website that has that type of info?

I don't remember where I was reading about it. I didn't bookmark it.

Gold @ 1773.30

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post

https://ycharts.com/indicators/comex..._open_interest

I don't know much about this stuff but...

Increasing open interest tends to means increased shorts. Falling open interest means short covering. Commercial hedgers are often the shorts and also the smart money. Open interest is rising right now. Make of that what you want.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    https://ycharts.com/indicators/comex..._open_interest

I don't know much about this stuff but...

Increasing open interest tends to means increased shorts. Falling open interest means short covering. Commercial hedgers are often the shorts and also the smart money. Open interest is rising right now. Make of that what you want.
    Alternate take

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post

More in line with my first post on this