Thread: OR: George Washington Statue Torn Down, Draped in Burning U.S. Flag

Exclamation OR: George Washington Statue Torn Down, Draped in Burning U.S. Flag

Portland: George Washington Statue Torn Down, Draped in Burning U.S. Flag

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ning-u-s-flag/

Joshua Caplan 19 Jun 2020

A statue of George Washington, the first president of the United States, was toppled and draped in a burning American flag by protesters in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday evening.

KOIN 6 reports:

Thursday marked the 21st day of protests in Portland sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police. Two groups — Rose City Justice and Lavender Caucus — hosted a sit-in rally at Jefferson High School in the evening where community members shared their experiences with racism to a crowd of a few hundred. The group did not hold a march.

A separate group of about 20 people met at NE Sandy Boulevard and NE 57th Avenue around 10 p.m. at the site of a large bronze statue of George Washington. Some wrapped the statue’s head in an American flag and lit the flag on fire. Their numbers grew over the next hour until there were enough people to pull the statue to the ground. They quickly scattered. A KOIN 6 News crew found the statue face down and covered in graffiti. Portland police arrived a short time later.

Photos and video of the teardown were shared to Twitter by local reporters and citizen journalist Garrison Davis:

Another flag burning, this time on George Washington’s back. #Portlandprotest #statue #blacklivesmatter #PDXprotests #pdx #oregon #blm #acab #pdx #georgewashington #flagburning#StatuesMustFall pic.twitter.com/diSjnwO3IO

— Garrison Davis (Teargas Glutton) (@hungrybowtie) June 19, 2020

Statue of George Washington felled in Portland. pic.twitter.com/D05otcwHpX

— Tim Dickinson (@7im) June 19, 2020

The George Washington statue in the Hollywood District of NE Portland is the latest one to be vandalized. The statue and sidewalk have been graffitied. @KGWNews #GeorgeWashington #vandalism pic.twitter.com/RIxe9s2utL

— Eric Patterson (@KGWphotog) June 19, 2020

Protesters in Portland are taking racial inequality frustrations out on statues of historical figures who were also slave owners. This George Washington statue was toppled last night. #Fox12Oregon pic.twitter.com/lrTmnIJmDL

— Debra Gil (@DebraGil) June 19, 2020

The monument and its base were covered in vandalism, including the phrases: “Murder,” “Big Floyd,” “1619,” “$#@! Cops,” “BLM,” “Land Back,” “White Fragility,” and “You’re on Native Land.”

On Sunday, a statue of Thomas Jefferson, the United States’ third president and author of the Declaration of Independence, was defaced and torn down outside a Portland high school.
    Photos obtained by Oregon Live show the base of the monument was spray-painted in black with “slave owner” and “George Floyd.”

Protesters take down Thomas Jefferson statue in front of Portland’s Jefferson High School https://t.co/TZIq5s1wY9 pic.twitter.com/OGr7hKnm2y

— The Oregonian (@Oregonian) June 15, 2020

The statue, which was situated in front of Jefferson High School, was yanked down following a protest against police brutality organized by Rose City Justice.

“There’s an interesting piece of history up here… Mr. Thomas is all beside himself,” one protester said of the statue being toppled.

“We’re taking this city back,” the organizer added. “One school at a time. One racist statue at a time.”

The toppling of the Washington statue comes as historical monuments across the country have been targeted in the wake of protests and violent unrest sparked by the death of George Floyd, a black man who died in police custody in Minneapolis on Memorial Day.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's next?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200px-Dean_Franklin_-_06.04.03_Mount_Rushmore_Monument_(by-sa)-3_new.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	289.1 KB 
ID:	7569
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Does tearing down the statues of a country's founders mean you want to overthrow that country?

Alright , which one of you guys told the Portland Bolsheviks Washington was a slaver ?

I'm sure they were tracked down and arrested for vandalism?
    Or patted on the back?

The people who tore down the statue prolly don't even know what George looked like (or who he is)
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 06-19-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

When you have some crazies burning down their own country's flag and tearing down George Washington Statue!? well then they should be send to a communist country.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I'm sure they were tracked down and arrested for vandalism?
    Or patted on the back?

The people who tore down the statue prolly don't even know what George looked like (or who he is)
    Unless ur white and ur protesting the lockdown u would be arrested but people tearing down statues like ISIS supporters? nah dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Does tearing down the statues of a country's founders mean you want to overthrow that country?
    It's deeper than that...this is Year Zero...The Olds will be swept away.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Portland police arrived a short time later.
    They would have been there in seconds if you were holding an illegal church service or walking around without a face diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They would have been there in seconds if you were holding an illegal church service or walking around without a face diaper.
    I call it the muzzle. Soon they'll want cones around everyone's head to stay 6 feet apart.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

It's deeper than that...this is Year Zero...The Olds will be swept away.
    God help us if Democrats get control of all branches of government this year. I know some people disagree, but it's going to get even worse. If not for my parents I'd sell everything and move someplace like Poland today.

God help us if Democrats get control of all branches of government this year. I know some people disagree, but it's going to get even worse. If not for my parents I'd sell everything and move someplace like Poland today.
    I don't disagree...I would have maybe 6 or 7 years ago...but not now.

Even though I fully realize the GOP is stupid and weak and will do next to nothing to stop, fight back or resist.

But now open warfare has been declared on me and mine.

Ethnic western Europeans in the US are now openly targeted for silencing, "disenfranchising" (I hate that term) and dispossession of wealth and property.

The more bloodthirsty of the Marxist mob are talking in terms of genocide.

It may very well come to a retreat back to some of the few nations in Europe that have not lost their minds.

Even though I fully realize the GOP is stupid and weak and will do next to nothing to stop, fight back or resist.

Ethnic western Europeans in the US are now openly targeted for silencing, "disenfranchising" (I hate that term) and dispossession of wealth and property.

It may very well come to a retreat back to some of the few nations in Europe that have not lost their minds.
    There's more and more incidents of racism against whites, mostly elderly, being beaten. Was like this before the "Riots" but they would beat around the bush on the news doing anything they can to not call it a hate crime.

Now you can't even let Memaw go to the grocery store alone without the risk of a Democrat thug beating her to another realm for the color of her skin.

- Edward R. Murrow

They are doing this with the consent of city leadership. Maybe enough people will wise up and throw out the SJW mayors.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The GOP doesn't play offense, but at least they burn some clock while they are taking a knee. In the end balkanization of America or retreat to Europe may be the only options for whites besides complete subjugation.

The GOP doesn't play offense, but at least they burn some clock while they are taking a knee. In the end balkanization of America or retreat to Europe may be the only options for whites besides complete subjugation.
    A new party might be another suggestion for Americans who are losing faith in the GOP. At some point the GOP have to play offense as the right wingers are doing so in Europe.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are doing this with the consent of city leadership. Maybe enough people will wise up and throw out the SJW mayors.
    This problem doesnt just start with SJW mayors but in educational institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This problem doesnt just start with SJW mayors but in educational institutions.
    If only it was just education. The Marxists have completed their sweep of all the institutions except police and military. Once they have those locked down it's over.

Leftists continue to show their true colors.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If only it was just education. The Marxists have completed their sweep of all the institutions except police and military. Once they have those locked down it's over.
    I cant disagree with you there. Then a civil war in America could very possible.

That's not the only option.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

They should be treated as enemies of the U.S. and arrested or worse. When do the Patriots fight back?

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I cant disagree with you there. Then a civil war in America could very possible.

Don't believe for a second that they are going to get rid of police. If they truly were I could get behind that. Defund police is a movement to stop funding police departments that are traditionally conservative, and move that money to some Orwellian-named community outreach program with policing powers that will be staffed with fully indoctrinated social workers. It's all just a ploy to put conservative white men out of policing and replace them with their guys.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    They should be treated as enemies of the U.S. and arrested or worse. When do the Patriots fight back?

- ML
    Give it a little more time.

Don't believe for a second that they are going to get rid of police. If they truly were I could get behind that. Defund police is a movement to stop funding police departments that are traditionally conservative, and move that money to some Orwellian-named community outreach program with policing powers that will be staffed with fully indoctrinated social workers. It's all just a ploy to put conservative white men out of policing and replace them with their guys.
    This. ^^^^. And it won't be someone elected like a sheriff. It'll be just another government functionary. Like police.