Thread: For everyone who said we need Trump for a "conservative" SCOTUS....

For everyone who said we need Trump for a "conservative" SCOTUS....

Explain this one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/15/u...er-rights.html

And supposedly the ruling is based on "textualism." The 1964 civil rights act bans discrimination on the basis of sex. When to men do each other...they are having sex. LOLOLOL. You can't make this stuff up.

So....if someone gets busted for having sex at the workplace are they protected from being fired? I mean....if you can't fire someone because of sex....?

I really didn't see this one coming. Not from Goresucks.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mean, Judge Napalitano had high praise for "Goresucks." Justice "Goresucks" was completely wrong on this for multiple reasons, however he has been pretty solid for conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    I mean, Judge Napalitano had high praise for "Goresucks." Justice "Goresucks" was completely wrong on this for multiple reasons, however he has been pretty solid for conservatives.
    For cultural conservatives this is the worst decision ever. This could pave the way for Christian colleges and universities losing access to any federal funding including federal financial student aid and even losing their tax exempt status. That's what happened to Bob Jones University when the IRS stripped them of their tax exempt status over their policy banning interracial dating. Clearly a stupid policy, but private organizations generally have a right to have stupid policies. In short, for cultural conservatives they only the Goresucks could possibly do worse would be to strike down late term abortion laws.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This is somewhat troubling question.

Can't fault OP for raising this but we are at a critical juncture in history. And very close to 2020 elections where there is expeced to be a tight race between a Dems funded old fashioned old beta horse and another Dems funded progressive alpha horse (who these days identifies as a Republican).

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    For cultural conservatives this is the worst decision ever.
    Yes, of course. I hear this after every decision impacting social practices. The cacophony was much louder after the Ogerfell vs. Hodges case.

This could pave the way for Christian colleges and universities losing access to any federal funding including federal financial student aid and even losing their tax exempt status. That's what happened to Bob Jones University when the IRS stripped them of their tax exempt status over their policy banning interracial dating. Clearly a stupid policy, but private organizations generally have a right to have stupid policies. In short, for cultural conservatives they only the Goresucks could possibly do worse would be to strike down late term abortion laws.
    The dominant culture in the United States is leftist. No amount of court decisions will change this. The court system is just as much influenced by culture as politics.

Centralization is a leftist idea and needs to be rejected. At no point should any of these scenarios be decided by nine individuals who are not even responsive to voters. Liberty is subjective and best left up to localities to decide for themselves which course they'd like to take.

The Maoist Revolution against The Olds continues, unabated.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

It's the same story every election. Douche vs Turd Sandwich. But but but SCOTUS!

Yeah right. Gorsuch swings the LGBT ruling. Roberts swings the DACA ruling. Roberts swings Obamacare. Etc.

Since intel agencies have blackmail on all of them, thanks to Epstein and his ilk, and they're all Rothschild trained Jesuits, SCOTUS will do what they're told.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

For cultural conservatives this is the worst decision ever. This could pave the way for Christian colleges and universities losing access to any federal funding including federal financial student aid and even losing their tax exempt status. That's what happened to Bob Jones University when the IRS stripped them of their tax exempt status over their policy banning interracial dating. Clearly a stupid policy, but private organizations generally have a right to have stupid policies. In short, for cultural conservatives they only the Goresucks could possibly do worse would be to strike down late term abortion laws.
    It sucks for libertarians in general. Business owners should have the same rights as any other individual. Business owners are the real persecuted minority and it's not even close.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, of course. I hear this after every decision impacting social practices. The cacophony was much louder after the Ogerfell vs. Hodges case.
    Except in this case we're not just talking about "social practices." We're not talking about the right of what happens in private bedrooms or the right of people to get married. We're talking about the right of a private business and private organisations to have their own rules. When I was in law school there was a Christian legal organisation on campus. They didn't bother anyone or push an agenda. The got defunded because they had a morality clause for officers in their by-laws and the required officers to lead devotionals at meetings. Even though they made it clear that their morality clause was not aimed at LGBTQ. After all there are Christian churches that allow gay marriage.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/03/4930/

Oh, and here the Bob Jones University case.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/461/574

The dominant culture in the United States is leftist. No amount of court decisions will change this. The court system is just as much influenced by culture as politics.

Centralization is a leftist idea and needs to be rejected. At no point should any of these scenarios be decided by nine individuals who are not even responsive to voters. Liberty is subjective and best left up to localities to decide for themselves which course they'd like to take.
    No argument there.

We need 2 or 3 more Trump picks on the court to prevent this garbage, Kavanaugh ruled the right way.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It was pretty disappointing to see Gorsuch rule that way.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Except in this case we're not just talking about "social practices." We're not talking about the right of what happens in private bedrooms or the right of people to get married. We're talking about the right of a private business and private organisations to have their own rules. When I was in law school there was a Christian legal organisation on campus. They didn't bother anyone or push an agenda. The got defunded because they had a morality clause for officers in their by-laws and the required officers to lead devotionals at meetings. Even though they made it clear that their morality clause was not aimed at LGBTQ. After all there are Christian churches that allow gay marriage.
    I would argue that those churches are not actually Christian. However, that's neither here nor there.

What we are discussing is a culture clash.The court ruling in question is a byproduct of the current mainstream culture. And it is already behind the times. Virtually all leftists agree with the outcome and many libertarians and ring wing folks do as well. The culture is already beyond this ruling. So this ruling is not the slippery slope or pandora's box, but it is simply affirming what's already here.

I would argue that those churches are not actually Christian. However, that's neither here nor there.

What we are discussing is a culture clash.The court ruling in question is a byproduct of the current mainstream culture. And it is already behind the times. Virtually all leftists agree with the outcome and many libertarians and ring wing folks do as well. The culture is already beyond this ruling. So this ruling is not the slippery slope or pandora's box, but it is simply affirming what's already here.
    I wasn't talking about churches. The Christian Legal Society isn't a church. It's a Christian organisation. Christian colleges and universities are not churches. They are church affiliated organisations. And yes there is a cultural clash and many people don't realise what's really going on. But they will. It will be interesting to watch if nothing else.

After all there are Christian churches that allow gay marriage.
    I wasn't talking about churches. The Christian Legal Society isn't a church. It's a Christian organisation. Christian colleges and universities are not churches. They are church affiliated organisations.
    Forgive me. I thought that you meant churches when you typed churches.

Well it would probably help if he could also replace Ginsburg's body double.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Forgive me. I thought that you meant churches when you typed churches.
    Okay. Let me be clear. I was talking about a Christian organisation (the Christian Legal society) and the fact that its policy did not single out LGBTQ. Here is the context of what I said when I mentioned churches. You snipped that part out.

. When I was in law school there was a Christian legal organisation on campus. They didn't bother anyone or push an agenda. The got defunded because they had a morality clause for officers in their by-laws and the required officers to lead devotionals at meetings. Even though they made it clear that their morality clause was not aimed at LGBTQ. After all there are Christian churches that allow gay marriage.

Content, without context, is pre-text. Now there are also Christian churches which allow divorce and re-marriage. (Most Christian churches these days actually). The reason for the Anglican church's existence is that King Henry VIII wanted to get re-married because he didn't have any sons with his first wife and the Catholic church would not go along. I disagree with the Catholic church on a lot of things, but technically they had a point that he didn't have biblical grounds for his second (and third....and fourth) marriage. A Christian organisation (as opposed to a Christian church) that wants to be inclusive of all Christians can't have a specific moral guide as that varies from church to church.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Yeah right. Gorsuch swings the LGBT ruling. Roberts swings the DACA ruling. Roberts swings Obamacare. Etc.

Since intel agencies have blackmail on all of them, thanks to Epstein and his ilk, and they're all Rothschild trained Jesuits, SCOTUS will do what they're told.
    Hypothetically, even if such was ever the case, after recent draining of the swamp, new appointments are MAGA loyalists and any such pressures would be out of question.

Looks like the conservative stalwart John Roberts just swayed a decision away from states rights yet again.

Who needs team (D) when you have a team (R) like this?