Thread: Popular Mechanics just published how to vandalize a statue

Popular Mechanics just published how to vandalize a statue

What has the world come to? Popular Mechanics the formerly boring magazine just published instructions on how to vandalize a statue.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...tatue-science/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would never deface any statue.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. The Chemical Approach

Maybe you’re operating with an even smaller team—or toppling the statue all by yourself. In that case, your best bet is melting the damn thing. So let’s make a thermite reaction.

“The formula is very simple,” says Chris Harrison, a chemistry professor at San Diego State University. “It’s 3:1 by mass of rust and aluminum powder. You mix those together and use a piece of magnesium to use as a high temperature fuse. And if you don’t have one, you could use a sparkler.”

The melting point of the hypothetical bronze statue is 1,742 degrees Fahrenheit, but even if you come across a racist cast in copper (melting point: 1,984 degrees), you can still easily melt both with thermite, as it burns at 2,500 degrees.

While thermite might burn nearly half as hot as the sun, it isn’t explosive. “You could pack the thermite around [the statue’s] ankles using a plastic or metal bucket with the base removed,” Harrison says. “You could invert the halves of the bucket and place them on either side of the feet, and then pour in the thermite, packing it down as best as possible. The more open space there is, the less efficient the reaction will be.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

If these cities don't want their statues, I'll gladly open up my own racist statue exhibit in my backyard! For $50 you get to spraypaint a dick on the statue of Jefferson Davis. $100 you get to dump a bucket of elephant dung on Robert E. Lee. Party packages start at $200 an hour. You can whine with your fellow college drop outs how everyone is keeping you down because of your skin color.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    2. The Chemical Approach

Maybe you’re operating with an even smaller team—or toppling the statue all by yourself. In that case, your best bet is melting the damn thing. So let’s make a thermite reaction.

“The formula is very simple,” says Chris Harrison, a chemistry professor at San Diego State University. “It’s 3:1 by mass of rust and aluminum powder. You mix those together and use a piece of magnesium to use as a high temperature fuse. And if you don’t have one, you could use a sparkler.”

The melting point of the hypothetical bronze statue is 1,742 degrees Fahrenheit, but even if you come across a racist cast in copper (melting point: 1,984 degrees), you can still easily melt both with thermite, as it burns at 2,500 degrees.

While thermite might burn nearly half as hot as the sun, it isn’t explosive. “You could pack the thermite around [the statue’s] ankles using a plastic or metal bucket with the base removed,” Harrison says. “You could invert the halves of the bucket and place them on either side of the feet, and then pour in the thermite, packing it down as best as possible. The more open space there is, the less efficient the reaction will be.”
    I believe in freedom of information and I do like popular mechanics talking about this but the context is just wrong. They should have published something on thermite at a different point in time with a more boring approach. Although, anyone that has watched Mythbusters knows what it is... But I do think it's shocking that they suggest you can destroy a statue with it, I can feel a hint of sarcasm. But unfortunately the people who feel the need to destroy statues won't get that sarcasm. They should be able to publish it but I find it highly irresponsible.
    "I am a bird"

If "we" printed that, we'd be de-platformed, censored, shouted down and brought up on charges of "inciting a riot"
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I wonder what "mainstream" publication is willing to print my article on how "statue defenders" can set up booby traps, fields of fire, how to use natural defilades and armed squad tactics to defend a statue?

Yeah, didn't think so...

If "we" printed that, we'd be de-platformed, censored, shouted down and brought up on charges of "inciting a riot"
    I believe you are right about that. And to be honest, I don't agree with that notion on principle but I surely understand it in this current environment.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Aiding and abetting "domestic terrorists."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

it worked on the twin towers, can work on statues I guess!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Is it still taboo for the right and libertarians to talk about retaliatory measures? Republicans read popular mechanics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Is it still taboo for the right and libertarians to talk about retaliatory measures? Republicans read popular mechanics as well.
    Of course, comrade.

Thumbs down

PopMech and PopSci have been globalist propaganda outlets for years now.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes, that they have.

Some people build, some people destroy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. The Chemical Approach

With enough thermite, or better yet, military grade nano-thermite, one could bring down a building like the world trade center..

Of course Popular Mechanics has been shilling for decades..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh how I'd love to see someone thermite a hole through that statue of Lenin in Seattle and leave a copy of this Popular Mechanics article at its feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Some people build, some people destroy.
    That is it . Everybody knows it .

Popular Mechanics is the Deep State asset asset which published the famous "Debunking 9/11 Truth" hatchet job. The article simply debunked a series of straw men having nothing to do with 9/11 truth, which nevertheless gained broad circulation and stuck in the public mind. The author was Ben Chertoff, Mike Chertoffs cousin.

This shows that the destruction of American culture and fomenting of race war is a globalist Deep State operation. If you want one world government, you must destroy national identity. Thanks for important post.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I am surprised their sites are still running dispute being of the print versions.

Aren't there laws against this?

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Aren't there laws against this?
    Against vandalizing yes.

Against an article about how to vandalize no. And there shouldn't be.

2. The Chemical Approach

With a little luck, some Marxist filth will fry their faces off trying this.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Against vandalizing yes.

Against an article about how to vandalize no. And there shouldn't be.
    45-8-105. Criminal incitement. (1) "Criminal incitement" means the advocacy of crime, malicious damage or injury to property, or violence.
    (2) A person commits the offense of criminal incitement if the person purposely or knowingly advocates the commission of a criminal offense and the advocacy is:
    (a) directed to inciting or producing that imminent unlawful, criminal action; and
    (b) likely to incite or produce that unlawful, criminal action.
    (3) For purposes of this section, "imminent" means immediate in time, impending, or on the verge of happening.
    (4) A person convicted of the offense of criminal incitement shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 10 years.
    https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/8/45-8-105.htm

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Conservatives just don't get it. The institutions are filled with Marxist revolutionaries, and those people mean business. They are consolidating their power, and then they are coming for you. Clinging to your high-minded ideals and principles is just going to get you killed. The only thing people on the right ever do is say we can't stop them because that would set a precedent. Precedent for what? The left doesn't need a precedent to do anything. They have been setting precedents for decades while the right sits by and lets them take more and more control. You don't want to go after people who want you dead when they print something like this because it might set a precedent that they can go after you for your speech? Guess what, they are coming after you regardless. People on the right can either fight back or surrender. If reason.com printed an article about how to vandalize a Marxist institution, that would be one less Libertarian website on the internet, and one less Libertarian author outside of prison. We have to start using the same tactics as the left or it's over for us.

This whole precedent thing is just a way to keep you from fighting back. When the left is in power they don't care if what they do sets a precedent for the right. They understand that anything they can do to consolidate their power and crush the opposition moves the ball forward for them regardless of if it gives the opposition more power should they ever get the opportunity to use it. That strategy has been working very well for them for 100 years, but god forbid we try it.
    Last edited by misterx; 06-17-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Aiding and abetting "domestic terrorists."
    Giving the title a bad name..

I Remember when the same people organizing these riots were calling me one.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

45-8-105. Criminal incitement. (1) "Criminal incitement" means the advocacy of crime, malicious damage or injury to property, or violence.
    (2) A person commits the offense of criminal incitement if the person purposely or knowingly advocates the commission of a criminal offense and the advocacy is:
    (a) directed to inciting or producing that imminent unlawful, criminal action; and
    (b) likely to incite or produce that unlawful, criminal action.
    (3) For purposes of this section, "imminent" means immediate in time, impending, or on the verge of happening.
    (4) A person convicted of the offense of criminal incitement shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 10 years.
    https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/8/45-8-105.htm
    That's a stretch. To be convicted of incitement you have to instruct others to commit a specific crime, not describe how to commit a crime.

Conservatives just don't get it. The institutions are filled with Marxist revolutionaries, and those people mean business. They are consolidating their power, and then they are coming for you. Clinging to your high-minded ideals and principles is just going to get you killed. All that people on the right ever do is say we can't to stop them because that would set a precedent. Precedent for what? The left doesn't need a precedent to do anything. They have been setting precedents for decades while the right sits by and lets them take more and more control. You don't want to go after people who want you dead when they print something like this because it might set a precedent that they can go after you for your speech? Guess what, they are coming after you regardless. People on the right can either fight back or surrender. If reason.com printed an article about how to vandalize a Marxist institution, that would be one less Libertarian website on the internet, and one less Libertarian author outside of prison. We have to start using the same tactics as the left or it's over for us.

This whole precedent thing is just a way to keep you from fighting back. When the left is in power they don't care if what they do sets a precedent for the right. They understand that anything they can do to consolidate their power and crush the opposition moves the ball forward for them regardless of if it gives the opposition more power should they ever get the opportunity to use it. That strategy has been working very well for them for 100 years, but god forbid we try it.
    Conservatives in general exercise more self control and are more likely to be owners of firearms. The far left is allowed to burn the cities, but if they come for the suburbs or rural areas with a more conservative population they will face armed resistance. There is always a breaking point. Look at what happened in Snohomish Washington when they tried this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That's a stretch. To be convicted of incitement you have to instruct others to commit a specific crime, not describe how to commit a crime.

Conservatives in general exercise more self control and are more likely to be owners of firearms. The far left is allowed to burn the cities, but if they come for the suburbs or rural areas with a more conservative population they will face armed resistance. There is always a breaking point.
    The word "specific" is nowhere to be found in that statute. If they published this at any other time it would be a stretch. Given the current environment this article could easily be considered criminal incitement.

Don't worry, they are taking your firearms before long.

Glad I studied Improvised Munitions as a Youth. and the Anarchist Cookbook.

And Rocketry BTW.

I doubt these Rioting kids read much.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

With a little luck, some Marxist filth will fry their faces off trying this.
    I think they are mostly just $#@!ing with us.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."