Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: Trump Deserves Credit for Bringing the Troops Home

Rand deserves to lose an election for being an idiot.

How is he an idiot, you ask?

For praising this extremely illiberal government for its occasional, minor good acts.

I suppose Rand would have praised FDR at the height of the New Deal for reducing the tobacco tax by half a cent per ton.

He doesn't understand how this undermines the libertarian cause; while people who hate libertarianism understand it full well and cheer him on.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-01-2020 at 05:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

For praising this extremely illiberal government for its occasional, minor good acts.

I suppose Rand would have praised FDR at the height of the New Deal for reducing the tobacco tax by half a cent per ton.

He doesn't understand how this undermines the libertarian cause; while people who hate libertarianism understand it full well and cheer him on.
    The globalist speaks.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The globalist speaks.
    The illiterate brays.

The illiterate brays.
    Please tell us what your view on global government and foreign intervention is.

Never mind, I'll remind you and everyone else.

You want a world wide government that intervenes everywhere, that is why you are the enemy here who opposes Trump and Rand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Please tell us what your view on global government and foreign intervention is.

Never mind, I'll remind you and everyone else.

You want a world wide government that intervenes everywhere, that is why you are the enemy here who opposes Trump and Rand.

So Rand saying give credit where credit is due, on one of the most critical issues of government, life or death on a foreign shore, makes him an "idiot"...

But the LP presidential candidate embracing a Marxist political organization is "smart"?

That's why people dismiss the LP.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Nice selfie, but you can't charm anyone with that tune.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So Rand saying give credit where credit is due, on one of the most critical issues of government, life or death on a foreign shore, makes him an "idiot"...
    Correct, praising your arch-enemy because he gives you a cookie is idiotic.

But the LP presidential candidate embracing a Marxist political organization is "smart"?
    I said nothing about the LP.

No, people despise the LP because they want social security, medicare, medicaid, protectionism, war, drug prohibition, the PATRIOT Act, etc, etc.

i.e. because liberty isn't popular

Earlier on Wednesday, McKenzie announced during a visit to Iraq that the U.S. troop presence in the country would be cut from 5,200 to 3,000.

More at: https://www.voanews.com/usa/centcom-...ghanistan-4500

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    No, people despise the LP because they want social security, medicare, medicaid, protectionism, war, drug prohibition, the PATRIOT Act, etc, etc.

i.e. because liberty isn't popular
    This coming from a mask nazi who thinks people should be forced to wear masks, and somebody who says that people should be silenced, and that the first amendment is overrated because communist ideology is too dangerous to be allowed to be spoken of.

This coming from a guy who talks about how he would crush opposition in China as he advises Xi Jinping to do the same.

The only liberty @r3volution 3.0 is about is taking the liberty to twist Libertarian writers of the 19th century's words into such a mish mash of over-lawyered semantics to justify his own brand of totalitarianism.

"liberty"
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nice, now we have RPF'ers who want Rand to lose his seat.

Stay tuned for the next installment of "stupid things TDS'ers say".

Sorry there is no such thing as a "the libertarian cause" it was killed by the purists and will never take off because of said purists. You killed your own cause by being a greedy idiot and not having a long term plan.

Meanwhile in the real world, Rand Paul is getting things done and a non-libertarian president Trump is about to finish his first term with no new wars and actually reducing troops in the Middle East.
    Last edited by eleganz; 09-09-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...36546082648065

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...03836088356865

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Enraged by near-daily attacks on its interests in Iraq, Washington has threatened to close its embassy in Baghdad, in a blow to a premier seen as a bulwark against Iran.

In a new escalation, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called Iraqi President Barham Saleh last week to deliver an ultimatum, Iraqi and foreign officials told AFP.

Unless Iraq's government puts an end to the rockets raining down on US military and diplomatic sites, Washington would shutter its embassy and recall its troops, the sources said.

"The Americans aren't just angry. They're really, really, really angry," one Iraqi official told AFP.

Another said: "The honeymoon is over."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-threats-ir...023656213.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Resistance / anti-AdelsonMAGA spammers horrified to find their spam techniques copied.

Message boards to be flooded with spam and self-bumping to keep top headlines in favor of jarvanka propaganda

enhanced propaganda deficits may hurt MAGA-Kushner alliances

possibly related:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-is-Dead-to-Me

@enhanced_deficit

You have an official groupie now^^^ lol
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Enraged by near-daily attacks on its interests in Iraq, Washington has threatened to close its embassy in Baghdad, in a blow to a premier seen as a bulwark against Iran.

In a new escalation, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called Iraqi President Barham Saleh last week to deliver an ultimatum, Iraqi and foreign officials told AFP.

Unless Iraq's government puts an end to the rockets raining down on US military and diplomatic sites, Washington would shutter its embassy and recall its troops, the sources said.

"The Americans aren't just angry. They're really, really, really angry," one Iraqi official told AFP.

Another said: "The honeymoon is over."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-threats-ir...023656213.html
    The ultimatum was delivered over the weekend by the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, to Mustafa al-Kadhimi, and was followed by a small-scale evacuation from the fortified mission in what officials saw as a statement of intent.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/iraqi-pm-rall...202715096.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This.

The libertarian cause can only be advanced through the Republican party. The LP is a complete waste of time.

Those people that bitch about the GOP not advancing the libertarian cause fast enough or whatever are the real idiots. Trump has done more to reduce U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan than any libertarian ever has... and yet some people still bitch and whine.

I agree with Rand and Massie and give credit where it is due.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

A little reminder of who caused this so the trolls and fools can't give Biden the credit:

Trump says we will leave Iraq completely:

Already a major agreement has been reportedly reached during the virtual talks involving Secretary of State Anthony Blinken and Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale representing the US side in the remote meeting with their Iraqi counterparts.

The AFP is reporting Wednesday afternoon that the US has agreed to move "remaining combat troops" out of Iraq.

Just in: Biden admin indicates that 2,500 US troops will eventually leave Iraq in joint stmt after strategic dialogue with Baghdad. Both sides confirmed US-led mission now focused on training & advising, but timing of US redeployment will be established in technical talks. pic.twitter.com/jXE6YaQydT
    — Jack Detsch (@JackDetsch) April 7, 2021

However, the timing of this full pullout will continue to be negotiated as part of the ongoing talks.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...id-joint-talks

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump 4 eva
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Trump 4 eva
    Now you are learning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He was better than Bush and Obama on foreign policy quantitatively... but was he much better qualitatively considering popular sentiments of their respectives years in office?
    'Populist' Trump is rumored to flip-flop every 15 minutes on most issues, he had made both pro war and anti war statements when politically convenienet. If he were in office in 2003, he would have almost certainly invaded Iraq too when Iraq war had 70-80% "support" in public. He even surged troops to Afghanistan in 2017 when wars support had dropped way below 50%.

Globalist-lite is probably approp term for him...

But should be somewhat sympathetic to the struggling businessman former reality TV star who was trying to be "anti war", "America-Firster" to align with winds of popular opinions while taking money from pro-war Israel-Firster top donor. Tough job, the story GOPA/DOPA puppets in recent years and decades.

Trump threatens Iraq with crippling sanctions if US troops are expelled
    6 January 2020
    Donald Trump has threatened Iraq with "sanctions like they've never seen before" President Trump has threatened severe sanctions against Iraq after its parliament called on US troops to leave the country.
    Speaking from the presidential plane, Mr Trump said that if Iraq asked US forces to depart on an unfriendly basis, "we will charge them sanctions like they've never seen before, ever. It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame."
    The globalist speaks.
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He was better than Bush and Obama on foreign policy quantitatively... but was he much better qualitatively considering popular sentiments of their respectives years in office?
    'Populist' Trump is rumored to flip-flop every 15 minutes on most issues, he had made both pro war and anti war statements when politically convenienet. If he were in office in 2003, he would have almost certainly invaded Iraq too when Iraq war had 70-80% "support" in public. He even surged troops to Afghanistan in 2017 when wars support had dropped way below 50%.

Globalist-lite is probably approp term for him...

But should be somewhat sympathetic to the struggling businessman former reality TV star who was trying to be "anti war", "America-Firster" to align with winds of popular opinions while taking money from pro-war Israel-Firster top donor. Tough job, the story GOPA/DOPA puppets in recent years and decades.

^this.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your spin is as poor as ever.

Trump has been against our involvement in Iraq since before he ran for office.
    He just didn't want to see us humiliated by being tossed out, he wanted to leave on our own terms and that is what he started.
    He went along with the military long enough that he could say they had had their chance and nobody could accuse him of making us lose wars we could have won but the goal was always to end the wars and bring the troops home and that is what he did.
    And don't pretend he could do it all overnight all by himself, Congress repeatedly passed bills to limit his ability to bring troops home and had he just ordered them all home his first day Congress would have passed bills to prevent it and probably would have impeached him on one of the many trumped up charges the left brought.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A high level Iraqi delegation led by Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi, as well as Iraq's defense and foreign ministers, made a somewhat unusual visit to NATO headquarters in Brussels, Belgium on Wednesday to discuss the Western military alliance's continued president inside Iraq.

Prime Minister al-Kadhimi personally conveyed his anger over the violation of Iraq's sovereignty for Sunday night's US airstrikes along the Syrian border, which killed several Iraqi militia members in what Washington dubbed actions against "Iran-backed" groups which had been targeting US troops by drone strikes. "He urged the coalition not to use Iraq to take on neighboring Syria and Iran," according to Newsweek.

While at NATO headquarters this week, the Iraqi PM's delegation further discussed the withdrawal of remaining US forces - of which there are now said to be some 2,500 troops.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ens-airstrikes

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand Paul: Trump Deserves Credit for Bringing the Troops Home

Trump is getting us out of Afghanistan as he always wanted, it was absolutely the deepstate that pressured him to try something else first, he bombed an empty airfield in Syria instead of declaring war on Assad like the deepstate wanted and he's getting us out of Iraq now too, and the expansion of settlements in Israel is absolutely an Israeli/deepstate issue.

What kind od credit is this?

July 1, 2021
    Breaking: Trump's Entire Company Indicted
    The Zionists are helping with the coup effort, Trump will remember their treachery.
    EM

Do you view these developments linked?

Rand has a point. Left wing deep neocons funded DGP Obama and leader of Syria/Libya interventions was awarded Nobel Peace prize while humiliating takedown of MAGA leader is unfolding currently.

President Biden on Monday stated his intent to see American combat troops leave Iraq by the end of 2021.

"We are not going to be, by the end of the year, in a combat mission," Biden said early in his meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi, perhaps preempting the very thing the PM was set on pushing for most.

While what's designated as "combat" troops will exit, in Washingtonspeak this of course doesn't ever actually mean all troops will exit. Biden followed with saying advisory forces will "be available to continue to train, to assist, to help and to deal with ISIS," according to The Wall Street Journal.

"Our shared fight against ISIS is critical for the stability of the region and our counterterrorism cooperation will continue even as we shift to this new phase that we’re going to be talking about,” Biden added.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...-iraq-end-2021

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12