Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal shooting & Atlanta police chief resigns

Fatal shooting & Atlanta police chief resigns

https://www.yahoo.com/news/authoriti...123407438.html

ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta's police chief resigned Saturday hours after a black man was fatally shot by officers in a struggle following a field sobriety test. Authorities said the slain man had grabbed an officer's Taser, but was running away when he was shot.

Police Chief Erika Shields stepped down as the killing of 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks sparked a new wave of protests in Atlanta after turbulent demonstrations that followed the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis had simmered down.

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the police chief's resignation at a Saturday news conference as roughly 150 people marched outside the Wendy's restaurant where Brooks was fatally shot late Friday. The mayor also called for the immediate firing of the unidentified officer who opened fire at Brooks.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All he was trying to do was disarm the officer, cut him some slack
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Well we can see whats happening in Settle without the police its lawless. Its that what the democrats want? if so not sure how they are going to win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Well we can see whats happening in Settle without the police its lawless. Its that what the democrats want? if so not sure how they are going to win this year.
    Maybe CHAZ can expand its borders to Atlanta.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    They know they're not going to win. They just want to cause as much destruction as they can.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They know they're not going to win. They just want to cause as much destruction as they can.
    I would love to see CNN continue in defense of this ridicules zone. Yes i am sure its just a block party

This is what's out there, so far, these videos are popping out as we speak. There are some news videos that show him going down, but still hard to make, as far as I can see, in another video, the cop running in front was the shooter, but not sure.

Last edited by Mach; 06-13-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A wide view of shooting.....

FJB

Related

MN cops learned Knee-On-Neck in Israeli training trip.

Flashback:

21 senior police and public-safety executives return from leadership training in Israel

They were shown best practices and the latest technologies.
    Delegates from the Georgia International Law Enforcement Exchange (GILEE) 27th annual peer-to-peer training program in partnership with Israel witness a police training. Credit: GILLEE.

(July 23, 2019 / JNS) Thirteen Georgia police chiefs and command staff, two sheriffs, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation inspector and executives from the Georgia State Patrol, Stone Mountain Park and the Georgia Command College have returned from Israel after an intensive two weeks of public-safety leadership training with the country’s top police executives.
    They made up a 21-member delegation of senior law-enforcement officials from Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina who participated in the Georgia International Law Enforcement Exchange’s (GILEE) 27th annual peer-to-peer training program in partnership with Israel. While there, they were shown best practices and the latest technologies in policing and public safety
    jns.org/21-senior-police-and-public-safety-executives-return-from-leadership-training-in-israel/

Atlanta mayor rejects demand to end Israel police training

21 July 2016
    electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/atlanta-mayor-rejects-demand-end-israel-police-training

Five members of the Israel Police -... - City of Atlanta Police ...
    www.facebook.com › AtlantaPoliceDpt › posts
    Five members of the Israel Police - משטרת ישראל stopped by the Atlanta Police ... for one week and immersed themselves in public safety workshops and training. Special thanks to Colonel Jihad Hassan for gifting Chief Erika Shields with a ...

Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields resigned on Saturday less than 24 hours after the shooting
    13 June 2020

Atlanta officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks has been terminated

Sun June 14, 2020

(CNN)The Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks has been terminated, Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos told CNN Saturday. A second officer involved has been placed on administrative duty, Campos said.

The announcement about the two officers comes as protesters flooded streets of southeast Atlanta Saturday night, angry over the fatal shooting of Brooks, an unarmed black man who was killed by Atlanta police Friday night.

The protesters surrounded the Wendy's where Brooks was shot and then made their way to nearby Interstate 75/85, bringing the major thoroughfare to a standstill.
    The Wendy's where Brooks lost his life was in flames Saturday night, and a crowd also set fire to automobiles near the fast-food restaurant. Earlier in the day, police used tear gas and a flash bang to try to clear the crowd there.
    The chaos came after Atlanta's police chief stepped down and the mayor called for the officer who shot Brooks to be fired.
    Brooks was shot in the Wendy's parking lot Friday night after he scuffled with officers and ran away with one of their stun guns, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Rayshard Brooks, 27, was shot and killed by an Atlanta police officer Friday night.

The incident began with a call to police at 10:33 p.m. Friday about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the restaurant's drive-thru lane, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.
    Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.
    GBI Director Vic Reynolds said Saturday that his department obtained surveillance video of the incident from Wendy's and reviewed video that witnesses posted on social media.
    CNN obtained two videos of the incident, including surveillance video from Wendy's released by the GBI. The other video was provided by an eyewitness who CNN is not naming because they requested anonymity due to privacy concerns.

Former Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields.

The video from the eyewitness begins in the middle of the struggle between Brooks and two police officers. In the video, an officer is heard telling Brooks to "stop fighting" and "hands off the taser."
    The eyewitness told CNN that by the time they arrived on the scene, Brooks' car was parked in a parking spot.

"The fight started when they tried to make an arrest ... after that he took a taser and took off," the witness said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/at...dys/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    A wide view of shooting.....

As usual, there will be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking on this. The charge against the cops goes something like this "all he had was a taser, it's not lethal, it only has one shot".

Once again, everyone is watching a video and playing mind reader. Another case that revolves around what people are thinking, rather than their actions.

Not to defend the shooting of this guy, but what was going on in the minds of the cops? The video above gives a clue. Look at the further back cop after the taser is fired. He immediately moves to take cover behind a car. He is relatively far away. Is this a person thinking "no worries, it's just a taser, and he just used his only shot"?

In all of these cases, it's always a bunch of people watching, re-watching in slow motion, all from the comfort of wherever they are viewing. It is not real time, with adrenaline and tunnel vision. It's not just this case, it's all of the cases that come up like this.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Police body cam footage. He is pretty out of it when they start talking to him. His lawyer claims Police had not performed any DUI tests, but video shows him taking the blow test and the cop deciding to arrest him after looking at the results. Why he decided to fight with the cops is unknown. Guess we would have to be able to read his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkNFZE1bTA
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    ... Why he decided to fight with the cops is unknown. Guess we would have to be able to read his mind.
    But we could guess why he tried to run.

It is possible that the extreme penalties for DUI, especially if there are prior violations, made him think that running was a better option. Not a rational choice, but he was drunk and tired.

Video shows that these are two shot tasers. Brooks fires once at cops as soon as he gets the taser and stands up, the cop then fires his taser twice. Brooks later turns and fires his second shot as he is running away. Cop has no shots left in his taser, returns fire with his pistol, firing three rapid shots.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I can't help but notice all of these $#@!hole cities are headed up by liberal women mayors and police chiefs.

Last edited by Cleaner44; 06-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Update:

Medical Examiner rules death as homicide.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/me...?ocid=msedgdhp

Rayshard Brooks, the 27-year-old man from Atlanta whose fatal encounter with police officers has fueled ongoing protests against racism and police brutality, was killed by two gunshot wounds to the back, the Fulton County Medical Examiner ruled on Sunday. His manner of death is considered to be a homicide, CBS in Atlanta reports.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I can't help but notice all of these $#@!hole cities are headed up by liberal women mayors and police chiefs.

Clearly nothing more than a coincidence.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The media might as well be called the Ministry of DNC Agitprop. Local news did a 10 minute segment on this shooting. They rarely spend more that 30 seconds on any one story. How many times have Police incidents had this much of a media court trial the next day, with all of the video immediately released? This is just incitement to riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Update:

Medical Examiner rules death as homicide.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/me...?ocid=msedgdhp

Rayshard Brooks, the 27-year-old man from Atlanta whose fatal encounter with police officers has fueled ongoing protests against racism and police brutality, was killed by two gunshot wounds to the back, the Fulton County Medical Examiner ruled on Sunday. His manner of death is considered to be a homicide, CBS in Atlanta reports.
    Shooting him in the back makes it pretty damning. But the actual time between Brooks firing the taser at the cop and the cop firing back with his pistol is almost immediate. Any other time, they would eventually call it justified. If he was a white guy, it wouldn't get any media coverage, and there would be no controversy. It would be called justified, and that would be that. Procedures and training were followed. We investigated ourselves, and found no evidence of wrongdoing. Move along.

The media might as well be called the Ministry of DNC Agitprop. Local news did a 10 minute segment on this shooting. They rarely spend more that 30 seconds on any one story. How many times have Police incidents had this much of a media court trial the next day, with all of the video immediately released? This is just incitement to riot.
    These shootings are pay dirt for continued viewer Nelson Ratings and clickbait. We still have to relive this over and over throughout the trial phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

To give credit where due, they have shown strong leadership in supporting 'diversity is our strength' model that is also championed by all current national leadership from both major parties (Pelosi, Biden, POTUS Trump, FLOTUS, Ivanka, Kuhsner among others).

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed with Erika Shields, Atlanta's first lesbian chief of police

Shooting him in the back makes it pretty damning. But the actual time between Brooks firing the taser at the cop and the cop firing back with his pistol is almost immediate. Any other time, they would eventually call it justified. If he was a white guy, it wouldn't get any media coverage, and there would be no controversy. It would be called justified, and that would be that. Procedures and training were followed. We investigated ourselves, and found no evidence of wrongdoing. Move along.
    I can't wrap my head why anyone would want to be cop. Especially these days. You couldn't pay enough to that.

I can't wrap my head why anyone would want to be cop. Especially these days. You couldn't pay enough to that.
    Don't know latest stats on this but in past years recall reading mutiple such reports as troops from global freedom war zones started to return home. So for many troops, police careers could be a natural transition. If more troops from Afghan, German , Syria, Iraq zones did return home around 2020 election time as is being reported, there could be additional interest for such careers.

Military to Police Force: A Natural Transition?

Contra Costa Times | By Gary Peterson
    Unlike many veterans who leave military service with no idea where their next job is coming from, Star Cazador had it all figured out -- what she would do, where she would do it, and how much she would like it. Taking a cue from fellow Marines who sought careers in law enforcement after discharge, Cazador, who grew up in San Jose, applied to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office. It seemed to her like a natural transition.

"There is a huge comfort level," said Cazador, who served in the Marines from 2005 to 2009 and is now a Santa Clara County sheriff's deputy. "In the academy my best friends were other prior military. We knew exactly how each other's brains worked. We could just look at each other. We didn't even have to communicate."
    military.com/veteran-jobs/search/law-enforcement-jobs/military-transition-to-police-force.html

Exactly. They only think it wasn't justified because he was black.

I haven't looked into the details of this case, but I'll give my opinion based on the videos posted in this thread. The officer was looking for an excuse to arrest him. The man should've refused to answer questions and take the breathalyzer. I don't know the full story, but it seems like the guy had decided to sleep it off in the parking lot. If that's the case then the decent thing to do would be to leave the man alone and let him sleep it off. 2 cops, one man, only armed with a taser. I assume both cops are trained to be able to take taser hits, and the man had had no more shots left in the taser anyway, so I don't see the reason to fire a kill shot. I think this is actually less justified than George Floyd's death. Of course nobody would care about it if he was white.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have not watched the videos, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

But it is bound to be argued that the police had not had time to perform a thorough inspection of the man for weapons and that they had to keep open the possibility that he resisted and ran because he had a weapon.......thus justifying using deadly force when he turned around and pointed something at them.

I almost even buy this argument.

When acquitted or when the prosecutor chooses not the file charges, Atlanta will burn for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

But it is bound to be argued that the police had not had time to perform a thorough inspection of the man for weapons and that they had to keep open the possibility that he resisted and ran because he had a weapon.......thus justifying using deadly force when he turned around and pointed something at them.

When acquitted or when the prosecutor chooses not the file charges, Atlanta will burn for a second time.
    The body cam footage here doesn't start until well after he's out of the vehicle. They may have given him a quick pat down when he got out. Common sense should tell them if he had a weapon he wouldn't have needed to steal their taser. I don't buy that argument. Maybe if they had waited to shoot him until his hand went into his pants.

Oh, and I forgot about the "fleeing felon" use of deadly force.

All kinds of arguments are going to made about the felonious "assault" on the kops and that his theft of a tazer constituted his intention of causing serious injury to the kops or others.

Something tells me that the theft of the tazer triggered the kop's kill function.

This kop is going to walk unless he is going to be offered up as a sacrifice to keep the city from burning.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 06-14-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Colored trumps dyke I suppose...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

These shootings are pay dirt for continued viewer Nelson Ratings and clickbait. We still have to relive this over and over throughout the trial phase.
    Ratings is money.

That is a key question. And remains to be determined.

Oh, and I forgot about the "fleeing felon" use of deadly force.

All kinds of arguments are going to made about the felonious "assault" on the kops and that his theft of a tazer constituted his intention of causing serious injury to the kops or others.

Something tells me that the theft of the tazer triggered the kop's kill function.

This kop is going to walk unless he is going to be offered up as a sacrifice to keep the city from burning.
    That all depends on what color jury he gets. Even though I wouldn't have fired a kill shot, if a man who beats a cop, steals his taser and fires it at him is the best example of police brutality against black people, I don't think there's a very good argument that blacks are being treated unfairly. That man made half a dozen decisions, none of which I would've made, that led to his death.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast