Thread: All men are NOT created equal

Exclamation All men are NOT created equal

The Libertarian Party?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...rtarian-party/

By eric - June 12, 2020

A reader asks about “voting Libertarian” – and my thoughts about Libertarianism as a political movement:

In reading your articles, it’s clear you advocate libertarian principles, but I’m curious what you think of the Libertarian Party as an organization? Especially during the “Corona crisis,” it’s become increasingly clear to me that Democratic or Republican, the “lesser of two evils” is well, still an evil. However, I also believe just voting Libertarian (or any “third party”) as a “protest candidate” every four years isn’t going to do much good; the only way to make any headway through the political system would be to support Libertarians (or independents who support the same basic principles) all the time and from the ground up — for city councils, county/township trustees, school boards, etc. (even running ourselves if we have the political acumen to do so) — in order build momentum and a national following. What is your thought on “voting Libertarian”? Is this a viable method of political and social change, or should we try to “work with the system” and try to influence the major parties?

I support a Libertarian movement rather than a party. It’s the ideas – and changing them – that will determine things more so than who gets elected. We suffer from too many (and tyrannical) laws and are under the thumb of those who impose them and enforce them largely because so many people want them. If a critical mass of people no longer wanted to be herded and micromanaged, they’d automatically be in favor of not herding and micromanaging others. The difficulty lies in making them conscious of this duality – and that is the job of a Libertarian movement.

But I am also a practical man and understand that it is sometimes necessary to accept the good rather than insist upon the perfect; that the perfect will likely never exist. Because humans are imperfect.

Still, we can try. And we ought never to give up.

Accordingly, I will support political movements that are favorably inclined toward more respect for the rights of the individual; the more articulate and consciously so the better. Republicans are terrible in this respect as they – generally – have no defined principles beyond “less government” (means what, exactly?) and (worse) accept most if not all the principles of the supposed opposition. An obvious example being “repeal . . . and replace” Obamacare. No opposition to the idea of mandated/government-enforced health care. Just a “better plan” than the other side’s.

How about leaving people free to “plan” (and decide) for themselves? What a concept!

A Libertarian Party is almost as oxymoronic as Marx’s idea of the “withering away of the state.”

Emphasis on almost.

Libertarians could and arguably should get behind a platform which echoes what Jefferson meant when he wrote the Declaration – but bollixed up when he allowed poetry to mar clear elucidation of principle. What I mean is the babble about “all men are created equal,” which is evil nonsense. That one flowery but incandescently dangerous line is the ultimate reason for the rotting of the tree of liberty, which is now about ready to topple over on account of it.

Any imbecile can see that men are not equal. Is it really necessary to elaborate? Is AOC the intellectual equal of Stephen Hawking? Is an NBA forward the physical equal of a sumo wrestler? We are all wildly unequal – in every way that can be measured, from our physical attributes to our mental attributes; even the congeniality of our personalities and the attractiveness of our faces and bodies differs from individual to individual.

As does our individual drive and determination to make the most of the gifts bestowed on us by nature and circumstances. Some work hard. Others don’t.

Some are just lucky.

Life is sometimes unfair. The smarter and stronger and better-looking do start out with more advantages than the average person. But it is no guarantee of success, wealth and happiness – either way.

It is up to us, as individuals. The smart and attractive are sometimes lazy and unpleasant. Average intelligence can be made up for by hard work. Average looks can be made up for by a winning personality.

We all get dealt a certain hand – but it is up to us how it is played. Unless we permit others to play that hand for us.

The results of the quest for equality – of condition, of outcome – can be read about; see Kurt Vonnegut’s short story, Harrison Bergeron. And if not read about, will be experienced.

Again.

The French experienced it in 1789. The Russians in 1917. We will experience it, soon – if Jefferson’s mistake isn’t redacted.

All men are not created equal. They can never be made equal, except in death. But they do have equal rights.

Not just before the law – though that’s part of it. No person should ever be treated more harshly – or more leniently – by the law. All people should be held accountable to the same extent for the same harms caused.

But it goes deeper than that.

Each of us has the same equal and inalienable right to self-ownership, a proposition infinitely more “self-evident” (because who can deny it without defending slavery?) than the beautifully dangerous nonsense penned by Jefferson.

Self-ownership means just what the words mean. You own yourself exclusively – and no one else even fractionally.

No masters. No slaves – even a little bit.

It means you have the right to make use of the gifts nature and circumstances bestowed upon you. That no one else has a rightful claim to any part of you – or any part of the fruits of your labor, the work of your body or your mind.

It means you have an absolute right to live – and an absolute obligation to let live. To not harm others – and to expect that others refrain from harming you. To be held accountable for any harm you cause – but never for any harm you haven’t caused.

These are the ideas – the principles – a Libertarian movement ought to espouse. And which are worthy of being supported, to the extent they are espoused.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sins (and good deeds) of parents often visit their children unfortunately.. but even if not always, often times there is still great innate human ability to rise above obstacles.

That said, no race is more chosen/supremacist than others, such dogmas and taxpayesr funded blowback generating land grab experiments built based such outdated thinking have to be rooted out.
    There is no justice by default in the world either but we have to strive for it.

Pro Justice and pro equality.

And they do not stay as close to equal as they start.

And cultures are even less equal.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Thought this was another Penis envy thread.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Sins (and good deeds) of parents often visit their children unfortunately.. but even if not always, often times there is still great innate human ability to rise above obstacles.

That said, no race is more chosen/supremacist than others, such dogmas and taxpayesr funded blowback generating land grab experiments built based such outdated thinking have to be rooted out.
    There is no justice by default in the world either but we have to strive for it.

Pro Justice and pro equality.
    Why is it anyone's responsibility to make things equal? The law should treat people equally, but to try and balance out past injustices requires current injustice. Besides, how far back do we go to right injustices, and who determines what injustices must be righted and who gets knocked down to right them? No, let time and freedom determine who will rise to the top.

The smart and attractive ... Life is sometimes unfair. The smarter and stronger and better-looking do start out with more advantages than the average person.
    An apt analogy for this “systemic racism” problem that the SJW left claims they will fix.

Let’s apply their logic:

There is systemic favoritism towards attractive people. Thus, less attractive people are “victims”. This must be cured. Attractive people owe something to ugly people. They must recognize, confess and beg forgiveness for their beauty privilege. Their ancestors were probably attractive too. There must be reparations. Attractive people must pay for the food, housing and health insurance for ugly people. Television, movie, magazine and social media stars must reflect the entire society, and this diversity must be highly regulated by a people’s aesthetic committee, made up of ugly people. Eventually, beautiful people must give up all of their possessions and put them into a communal pot, that way beautiful and ugly people alike can take from the pot, to each according to his needs. Those who don't agree will be eliminated.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    An apt analogy for this “systemic racism” problem that the SJW left claims they will fix.

Let’s apply their logic:

There is systemic favoritism towards attractive people. Thus, less attractive people are “victims”. This must be cured. Attractive people owe something to ugly people. They must recognize, confess and beg forgiveness for their beauty privilege. Their ancestors were probably attractive too. There must be reparations. Attractive people must pay for the food, housing and health insurance for ugly people. Television, movie, magazine and social media stars must reflect the entire society, and this diversity must be highly regulated by a people’s aesthetic committee, made up of ugly people. Eventually, beautiful people must give up all of their possessions and put them into a communal pot, that way beautiful and ugly people alike can take from the pot, to each according to his needs. Those who don't agree will be eliminated.
    A leftist's response to this would go something like this: "so you're calling black people ugly. Racist!".
    Last edited by misterx; 06-12-2020 at 08:50 PM.

And if you have more firepower, your more right.

Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 06-12-2020 at 08:44 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    A leftist's response to this would go something like this: "so you're calling black people ugly. Racist!".
    It’s their logic, not mine. The entire premise of their ideology is that all black people are hopelessly hamstrung and permanent victims. They (the Marxists) are collectivist and racist, after all.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-12-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It’s their logic, not mine. The entire premise of their ideology is that all black people are hopelessly hamstrung and permanent victims. They (the Marxists) are collectivist and racist, after all.
    Yes, and African-Americans must seek assistance/help from the woke white man.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Yes, and African-Americans must seek assistance/help from the woke white man.
    Its fake medicine though. Its like when the government did syphilis experiments on black people when there was a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Its fake medicine though. Its like when the government did syphilis experiments on black people when there was a cure.
    Dependent upon the false narrative of woke hope.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you wanted a modest proposal atleast let people in on the joke.
    Its a one liner.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nikcers again.

At one time Western culture recognized that all men are not created equal. The Encyclopedia Britannica 11th edition published in 1911 notes that all races are not created equal. Each race has superior and inferior aspects compared to all other races. The superior aspects of a race is relative to where that race evolved.

The loss of the South in their war for independence and the complete annihilation of Europe in World War I both set Western Civilization up on a destructive course that I'm not so sure we can escape from. The West is in a state of perpetual decadence and revolution. Denying basic scientific facts about biology is to deny to great achievements our forefathers handed down to us.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    At one time Western culture recognized that all men are not created equal. The Encyclopedia Britannica 11th edition published in 1911 notes that all races are not created equal. Each race has superior and inferior aspects compared to all other races. The superior aspects of a race is relative to where that race evolved.

The loss of the South in their war for independence and the complete annihilation of Europe in World War I both set Western Civilization up on a destructive course that I'm not so sure we can escape from. The West is in a state of perpetual decadence and revolution. Denying basic scientific facts about biology is to deny to great achievements our forefathers handed down to us.
    No one is saying to deny history. We need to remember our shared history but acknowledge that we have a shared history. We are all one American family and need to imagine a better future where we dont play racism head games and sexism head games. We all might have different strengths but if we combine our strength we are stronger. We need a better America that values American lives. We need to end the spite and take our country back. It has been taken over by psychopaths who lack empathy and sociopaths that lie to people with a smile and they believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Why is it anyone's responsibility to make things equal? The law should treat people equally, but to try and balance out past injustices requires current injustice. Besides, how far back do we go to right injustices, and who determines what injustices must be righted and who gets knocked down to right them? No, let time and freedom determine who will rise to the top.
    Those are your words and not mine, interesting way of interpreting.

Personally people can hold whatever views they choose. I support equal treatement for all and opposed to UN/governmental/authorities sanctioned physical/violent implementations of racial preferences based doctrines used to justify oppressions, occupations, civil/uncivil wars, brutality, enhanced torture etc. at home or abroad.

Such views held personally would be personal business but when amplified in media to support an unholy motives (loot/greed/revenge/racial supremacy etc ) driven tax payers funded action, that's a problem.

Tucker Carlson: Fox host under fire again over resurfaced racist comments
    Fox News host Tucker Carlson is under fire for the second time in as many days for remarks he made years ago as a guest on a shock jock radio program – this time for a barrage of racist language about the people of Iraq.
    “I just have zero sympathy for them or their culture. A culture where people just don’t use toilet paper or forks,” he said of the nation in a 2006 appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show, in audio rediscovered by the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters. “They can just shut the $#@! up and obey, is my view.”
    Carlson went on to call Iraq a “crappy place filled with a bunch of semiliterate primitive monkeys” during a 2o08 call-in on the show, which he was a regular guest on from 2006 to 2011

If you're dumb enough to spend all your paycheck on lotto, cigarettes, beer, and hoes, then you're prolly not equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    If you're dumb enough to spend all your paycheck on lotto, cigarettes, beer, and hoes, then you're prolly not equal.
    If you aren't dumbed down by society you probably check off more traits of the psychopathic checklist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No one is saying to deny history.
    Meh. Most people (even around these parts) will deny history that does not conform with their biases.

We are all one American family
    American was founded by four distinct cultural groups. Two for those four culture fought for control over America's soul in the 1860s. One survived. What will you think will happen when dozens/hundreds of distinct cultural groups fight over the same territory?

and need to imagine a better future where we dont play racism head games and sexism head games.
    I'm not sure if you're referring to my statements with this, but we ought not deny biological differences between sex and race.

Life is a dick measuring contest if you didnt know that.
    Pride of Life
    The pride of life is a thing of the world. The world system, ruled and controlled by Satan, is founded upon the pride of human life. “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father but is from the world.” – 1 John 2:16.Jan
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I suppose TJ could have been more thoughtful in his usage of the word equal.

Equal rights, yah.
    Equal justice, yep.
    Equal opportunity, ok.
    All men are equal... a pretty broad statement.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows