Thread: Donald Trump’s rhetoric is steadily chasing Indians out of the US—towards Canada

Donald Trump’s rhetoric is steadily chasing Indians out of the US—towards Canada

Indian students are slowly getting over their fascination with the US.

The number of Indians enrolled in graduate-level computer science and engineering courses at American universities declined by more than 25% between 2016-17 and 2018-19, according to an analysis of government data by the National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP).

The key factors for this decline are “more restrictive immigration and international student policies under the (Donald) Trump administration and the difficulty of obtaining green cards in the United States,” the think tank focused on public policy research on trade and immigration said in a report published on June 8.

More at: https://qz.com/india/1866355/indians...es-eye-canada/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tech support shouldn't be a problem, but dry cleaning and hotel management could suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Tech support shouldn't be a problem, but dry cleaning and hotel management could suffer.
    Stop-n-rob gas stations too...

Bye!
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

@Swordsmyth

Does this mean Trump is going to let the Section 8 folks in my area know about this so they will earn their degrees and apply for those jobs? And what about child care for the 4-5 kids those 19 year old mothers have that I have been supporting?

Also, when is Trump going to make the announcement about ending the TSA which infringes on just about every Bill of Right that we all have been paying for? Before or after the election? Do you know how much that costs us every year?

I know you have inside information, so please let me know... after decades of waiting I can't wait!

Or, are those things at the bottom of Mr. President's list because they aren't really that important and we shouldn't bring it up right now.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

You people think this is a good thing? SMH. On an anecdotal level both my doctor and dentist are Indians
    https://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/...lth-care-needs
    In the US, Indians and Indian-Americans make up the largest non-Caucasian segment of the American medical community, where they account for one in every 20 practicing doctors.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...he-us-in-india
    More than 75 percent of current first-generation Indian-Americans have immigrated to the United States since the 1990s. They make up only about 1 percent of the US population (3.9 million as of 2017) but have disproportionate numbers of professionals such as physicians, corporate executives, and successful entrepreneurs. Their median annual household income is $100,000, which is significantly higher than other immigrant groups or the US population as a whole.

Manufacturing engineering is another field where I've personally encountered Indians a number of times.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @Swordsmyth

Does this mean Trump is going to let the Section 8 folks in my area know about this so they will earn their degrees and apply for those jobs? And what about child care for the 4-5 kids those 19 year old mothers have that I have been supporting?

Also, when is Trump going to make the announcement about ending the TSA which infringes on just about every Bill of Right that we all have been paying for? Before or after the election? Do you know how much that costs us every year?

I know you have inside information, so please let me know... after decades of waiting I can't wait!

Or, are those things at the bottom of Mr. President's list because they aren't really that important and we shouldn't bring it up right now.
    Here is the deal...you make a list of all the things President Trump should be doing (according to you) in the midst of all the other things he is trying to combat and I will send it to him, and make sure the list has "Priority" at the top.
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Here is the deal...you make a list of all the things President Trump should be doing (according to you) in the midst of all the other things he is trying to combat and I will send it to him, and make sure the list has "Priority" at the top.
    Ok, thanks.

PRIORITY:

1. Let the Section 8 folks in my area know about restrictive immigration policy and the difficulty it now is to obtain Green Cards, so that those in Section 8 will finally be able to earn those degrees and apply for those jobs. Let the mother and 4 different fathers know that they will need to provide child care so that I don't have to support them anymore. I have my own family to support, and it ain't easy. They can give up Oprah and The Price is Right for 6 months, just like me.

2. As President, you have the authority to halt TSA dead in its tracks, which infringes on just about every Bill of Right that we all have been paying for. You were hired to defend and protect the Constitution, and you do not have to go overseas, or ask senators/congresspeople, to do it. Do you know how much that costs us in liberty and money each and every year? I am not sure why it is taking you 4 years to accomplish something that would take less than a minute to do, but if you do this now before the election I will vote for you.

Thank you for taking 5 minutes to do these things which requires absolutely no permission from others to do.

PAF
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Ok, thanks.
    Got it. Sending it to my sources close to the President.
    Proverbs 29:18
    "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

We have plenty of Americans who will do these jobs without importing communists.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We have plenty of Americans who will do these jobs without importing communists.
    You didn't respond to my questions to you in Post #5.

Here's the one that's important, perhaps you have inside information:

2. As President, you have the authority to halt TSA dead in its tracks, which infringes on just about every Bill of Right that we all have been paying for. You were hired to defend and protect the Constitution, and you do not have to go overseas, or ask senators/congresspeople, to do it. Do you know how much that costs us in liberty and money each and every year? I am not sure why it is taking you 4 years to accomplish something that would take less than a minute to do, but if you do this now before the election I will vote for you.

Thank you for taking 5 minutes to do these things which requires absolutely no permission from others to do.

Get ready for some mental gymnastics.

2017 (I drove by the factory by chance last year on a business trip, that's why I know about this)
    First in 25 years: (Indian) Automaker plans Detroit area plant
    A Mumbai-based automaker says it will open the first new auto assembly plant in southeast Michigan in more than 25 years.

Indian automaker Mahindra Group plans to open a 150,000-square-foot manufacturing facility on Rex Boulevard in Auburn Hills. Details will be shared at a news conference at the plant Nov. 20. The company also recently opened a 250,000-square-foot warehouse in Pontiac.
    more on this:

Washington: Indian automobile giant Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd’s new manufacturing plant in Detroit with an investment of $230 million is an illustration of the India- US economic partnership, the Trump administration has said.

“We see this investment as another illustration of the important economic and business partnership between India and the United States," Tom Vajda, acting deputy assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asian Affairs told PTI, after Mahindra group chairman Anand Mahindra opened its new manufacturing plant in Detroit.

We look at it as very favourable," he said in response to a question. In his remarks at the opening ceremony of the plant on Monday, Vajda said Mahindra automotive “Hundreds of US companies have been present in India for decades. And Indian companies and investors continue to look to expand their businesses in the United States. Mahindra is a great example. Not only has the company launched this new plant but also has tractor manufacturing and distribution facilities across the country, builds GenZ electric scooter in Arbor and has IT development centres throughout the United States," he said.

“In total over 30 facilities, representing over USD 1 billion investment in the United States with over 3500 local employees. This is a good news for Michigan and rest of America, Good News for India and good news for our bilateral relationship," Vajda said.

The opening of Mahindra Automotive centre in Auburn Hills illustrates how Indian companies are creating valuable jobs right here in the US, much like what US companies are doing in India, said Mukesh Aghi, president of the US India Strategic and Partnership Forum. “This kind of reverses the trend (of trade deficit), as it is about creating jobs in America. Also from the trade deficit perspective Indian companies are investing in America," Aghi told PTI.
    Indian giant Mahindra might open a second factory in Michigan, report says
    The new Flint factory would bring an estimated 3,000 jobs to the community and would be building, among other things, new vehicles for the US Postal Service if the company manages to snag the coveted contract for the Long Life Vehicle's replacement, set to be decided on later in 2019.
    I suppose India could have blocked American owned Ford from opening an Indian factory in the first place, but when it's business was struggling those commie bastards at Mahindra were a good sport and decided to offer 51% ownership of the business
    Ford is beating a partial retreat from India's large but struggling car market.

The US carmaker will transfer most of its Indian business to a new joint venture controlled and managed by local rival Mahindra, it announced on Tuesday. Mahindra will own 51% of the joint venture and Ford the rest.
    The joint venture should be operational by the middle of 2020. It will "develop, market and distribute" Ford vehicles in India and also sell Ford and Mahindra vehicles overseas, the company said. Ford will retain control of an engine manufacturing unit in India.
    "Partnerships have the ability to make us more competitive and better serve customers in an era of rapid change, and this partnership is no different," Ford's executive chairman Bill Ford told reporters. "We remain deeply committed to India and our 14,000 employees, dealers and suppliers," he added.
    I don't know how many Indians immigrated to the U.S. to work at those plants b/c they were outside my usual territory but I can tell you from personal experience with the Japanese & Korean & German owned companies in the US (such as Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and Mercedes) that these assembly plants (and the smaller foreign owned parts suppliers who follow them into the US with new factories of their own) bring a small but significant immigrant population that have the experience and expertise gained in their respective countries to set up the equipment and manufacturing processes and keep business running by coordinating with their overseas parent companies. That's why for example that (Spanish aside) the most commonly spoken foreign language in AL & GA is Korean and for South Carolina (where BMW is located) it's German.

You can be glad when foreigners invest in the US and when skilled/educated foreigners (screening out the moochers) come here & contribute to the US economy or you be erratic about the whole thing. As described my previous post's linked articles the Indians certainly have been getting screened

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Get ready for some mental gymnastics.

2017 (I drove by the factory by chance last year on a business trip, that's why I know about this)
    First in 25 years: (Indian) Automaker plans Detroit area plant

more on this:

Indian giant Mahindra might open a second factory in Michigan, report says

I suppose India could have blocked American owned Ford from opening an Indian factory in the first place, but when it's business was struggling those commie bastards at Mahindra were a good sport and decided to offer 51% ownership of the business

I don't know how many Indians immigrated to the U.S. to work at those plants b/c they were outside my usual territory but I can tell you from personal experience with the Japanese & Korean & German owned companies in the US (such as Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and Mercedes) that these assembly plants (and the smaller foreign owned parts suppliers who follow them into the US with new factories of their own) bring a small but significant immigrant population that have the experience and expertise gained in their respective countries to set up the equipment and manufacturing processes and keep business running by coordinating with their overseas parent companies. That's why for example that (Spanish aside) the most commonly spoken foreign language in AL & GA is Korean and for South Carolina (where BMW is located) it's German.

You can be glad when foreigners invest in the US and when skilled/educated foreigners (screening out the moochers) come here & contribute to the US economy or you be erratic about the whole thing. As described my previous post's linked articles the Indians certainly have been getting screened
    This isn't about some foreign companies investing in America and bringing in key personnel, this is about American companies lying and importing millions of foreign communists to avoid paying decent wages to Americans.
    That is a sure recipe for communism since it imports communists and turns Americans communist out of desperation.

And foreign companies only need to bring in key personnel temporarily until they can train Americans to run their factories, any slight economic benefit (mostly gained by banksters and globalists with unholy designs on our liberty) is not worth the economic devastation that the communism will cause after the imported communists impose it on us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You people think this is a good thing?
    Yes.

How many of these foreigners were awarded slots in medical or dental schools here over US residents?

And you can bet that they received additional consideration for these slots simply because the were foreign and minorities.

And if they went to medical/dental school in wipe-your-ass-with-your-hand land, they better have invented something like a working replacement human kidney to warrant their admission to the US.

A very persuasive rebuttal.

I now agree with you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.