Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 123

Thread: Seattle Occupied! Protesters Take Over City Blocks in Seattle, Blockade Streets, Call for Arme

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Why do you hate the free market?
    Why do you want to deny Gates and his friends the freedom to tyrannize?
    Theres no such thing as a free punch. Well for them maybe ill donate. Black eyes matter.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Already getting word things are getting chaotic as infighting and lack of direction increase. And they aren't getting the badly needed crates of soy milk and vegan meat.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Already getting word things are getting chaotic as infighting and lack of direction increase. And they aren't getting the badly needed crates of soy milk and vegan meat.
    Liberaland has plenty of vegan meat. They just want to eat other peoples vegan meat.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Liberaland has plenty of vegan meat. They just want to eat other peoples vegan meat.
    It seems in their own little zone they were running out Soy and Oats rather comical. Also did you hear? they are after the paw portal because of the German police dog.



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    I was part of the anarchist movement in the Bay Area (a small part, but nonetheless.) This surprises me not at all. There was all sorts of fantasies about doing this, and they found a good opportunity. Of course it's also totally unsurprising that it's already deteriorating. This is a remarkable failure.

    Despite how much Kropotkin or Bakunin some trust fund kid has read, it is impossible to destroy power. You can reorganize it, but that is all. A hierarchy will emerge, and it's never pretty on the ground. This Raz fellow might be some street urchin wannabe, but he's smarter than the rest of them, He saw a vacuum, had the ability to fill it, and did. Someone was going to. Ideas of leaderless movements, spontaneous organization, and non-hierarchical governing bodies are just fantasies. Let's hope this is a stark illustration of their failures. I want this to go as badly as humanly possible.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

    The counter-revolution will not be televised.

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Anifa now holds territory. This is the final step that could turn this into an actual civil war.
    What?

    You think a bunch of far left radicals stand a chance against the US government?

    These people are there because they are allowed to be. Remember that whole "occupy" nonsense? This is the same deal. They will let it go for a while. Once a few news cycles have passed and the heat goes down, they will be cleared out.

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post

    No need to call the cops if you are being raped or a friend being killed by a murderer these people on the left are nuts!

    "The reason they turn to crime is because they lost their basic means of ways of getting a job!"
    How does any libertarian based philosophy not understand that this flyer has a lot of things we all can agree with? The only thing I see missing is that there would need to be community security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever..... just like Trump said.



    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Fascism Defined

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How does any libertarian based philosophy not understand that this flyer has a lot of things we all can agree with? The only thing I see missing is that there would need to be community security.
    Community security is known as the police.

    We need our laws enforced.

    The police also need to follow our laws.

    We don't need a-holes with tanks, bombs and military gear.

    Completly defunding or abolishing the police is not practical.

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What?

    You think a bunch of far left radicals stand a chance against the US government?

    These people are there because they are allowed to be. Remember that whole "occupy" nonsense? This is the same deal. They will let it go for a while. Once a few news cycles have passed and the heat goes down, they will be cleared out.
    ISIS started with one town...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Community security is known as the police.

    We need our laws enforced.

    The police also need to follow our laws.

    We don't need a-holes with tanks, bombs and military gear.

    Completly defunding or abolishing the police is not practical.
    I thought the Sheriff was supposed to be responsible for community security.

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Community security is known as the police.

    We need our laws enforced.

    The police also need to follow our laws.

    We don't need a-holes with tanks, bombs and military gear.

    Completly defunding or abolishing the police is not practical.
    Many communities across the U.S. have no police. They only exist in urban centers.

    Every county in the U.S. has an elected Sheriff, and if communities kept engaged with their Sheriffs, there would never be any need for police. This country is over-run with way too many armed law enforcement.

    The Constitution also provides for local militias.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How does any libertarian based philosophy not understand that this flyer has a lot of things we all can agree with? The only thing I see missing is that there would need to be community security.
    So u agree with communism?



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    So u agree with communism?
    No, he never said that. Why would you ask such a question? He said we could agree with doing away with police forces. The libertarians would have a different reason for getting rid of police than the communists would.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    How does any libertarian based philosophy not understand that this flyer has a lot of things we all can agree with? The only thing I see missing is that there would need to be community security.
    The first section of demands ends with this:

    We demand that the funding previously used for Seattle Police be redirected into: A) Socialized Health and Medicine for the City of Seattle. B) Free public housing, because housing is a right, not a privilege. C) Public education, to decrease the average class size in city schools and increase teacher salary. D) Naturalization services for immigrants to the United States living here undocumented. (We demand they be called “undocumented” because no person is illegal.) E) General community development. Parks, etc.
    OK, fine abolish the cops...I'm all for it...until the point it just gets replaced with this.

    Meet square one.

    The second set of demands all but abolish property rights, which, of course, will make affordable housing even more scarce.

    We demand the de-gentrification of Seattle, starting with rent control.
    We demand the restoration of city funding for arts and culture to re-establish the once-rich local cultural identity of Seattle.
    We demand free college for the people of the state of Washington, due to the overwhelming effect that education has on economic success, and the correlated overwhelming impact of poverty on people of color, as a form of reparations for the treatment of Black people in this state and country.
    We demand that between now and the abolition of the SPD that Seattle Police be prohibited from performing “homeless sweeps” that displace and disturb our homeless neighbors, and on equal footing we demand an end to all evictions.
    We demand a decentralized election process to give the citizens of Seattle a greater ability to select candidates for public office such that we are not forced to choose at the poll between equally undesirable options. There are multiple systems and policies in place which make it impractical at best for working-class people to run for public office, all of which must go, starting with any fees associated with applying to run for public office.
    What, in any of that, outside of voting registration fees, is even remotely "libertarian"?

    The third set of demands:

    We demand the hospitals and care facilities of Seattle employ black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.
    We demand the people of Seattle seek out and proudly support Black-owned businesses. Your money is our power and sustainability.
    We demand that the city create an entirely separate system staffed by mental health experts to respond to 911 calls pertaining to mental health crises, and insist that all involved in such a program be put through thorough, rigorous training in conflict de-escalation.
    Segregated health care...what could go wrong there?

    Demand? And if I do not? How much longer before a demand becomes a mandate?

    The last, yes, I've said that for years...never call cops for somebody have a "mental issue".

    The fourth set of demands:

    We demand that the history of Black and Native Americans be given a significantly greater focus in the Washington State education curriculum.
    We demand that thorough anti-bias training become a legal requirement for all jobs in the education system, as well as in the medical profession and in mass media.
    We demand the City of Seattle and State of Washington remove any and all monuments dedicated to historical figures of the Confederacy, whose treasonous attempts to build an America with slavery as a permanent fixture were an affront to the human race.
    Propagandizing...that's all that amounts to.

    So, in the main, we have a list of Marxist demands sprinkled with an idea or two that may work.

    No where does it address the three main causes of police abuse, because if it did, it would call into question the Marxist's whole premise for their current revolution: qualified immunity, unionized public employees and militarized policing spearheaded by use of the Circular Force Continuum.

    Examining those true causes also reveals that cops kill more innocent white people than blacks, and that the problem never was Blue Vs. Black but Blue Vs. Us.

    And that is just verboten.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-11-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Community security is known as the police.

    We need our laws enforced.

    The police also need to follow our laws.

    We don't need a-holes with tanks, bombs and military gear.

    Completly defunding or abolishing the police is not practical.
    I think the root cause of the problem is the laws not the police.

    If only real crime was illegal the police would not be placed in so many confrontational situations. When police have to investigate fake, victimless crimes they are seen as the enemy. When police are investigating a real crime like murder they are usually seen as the good guys.

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The first section of demands ends with this:



    OK, fine abolish the cops...I'm all for it...until the point it just gets replaced with this.

    Meet square one.
    Those Police budgets must have been huge to be able to pay for all of that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    ISIS started with one town...
    ISIS was armed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I thought the Sheriff was supposed to be responsible for community security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Many communities across the U.S. have no police. They only exist in urban centers.

    Every county in the U.S. has an elected Sheriff, and if communities kept engaged with their Sheriffs, there would never be any need for police. This country is over-run with way too many armed law enforcement.

    The Constitution also provides for local militias.
    You really think these people who want to abolish the police don't want to abolish the Sheriffs as well? Come on.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I thought the Sheriff was supposed to be responsible for community security.
    Police, sheriff, security guard, soldier, it's all the same thing. There's always going to be someone with the most force in a given area that is the enforcer. That's the fact that anarchists don't understand. There's always going to be police, that's how force works. So we can either be enforced by warlords or by police that we try to control as best we can. But these are the only two choices.

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    ISIS was armed.

    You really think these people who want to abolish the police don't want to abolish the Sheriffs as well? Come on.
    I wasn't responding to what "they" want, but to what you wrote: "Completly defunding or abolishing the police is not practical."

    It most certainly can be practical.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Police, sheriff, security guard, soldier, it's all the same thing. There's always going to be someone with the most force in a given area that is the enforcer. That's the fact that anarchists don't understand. There's always going to be police, that's how force works. So we can either be enforced by warlords or by police that we try to control as best we can. But these are the only two choices.
    The Sheriff is elected and is answerable to the people. The police are not.



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Police, sheriff, security guard, soldier, it's all the same thing. There's always going to be someone with the most force in a given area that is the enforcer. That's the fact that anarchists don't understand. There's always going to be police, that's how force works. So we can either be enforced by warlords or by police that we try to control as best we can. But these are the only two choices.
    It's not "all the same."

    Police, and many other law enforcement, are appointed by bureaucrats with special interests (like control the city's illegal drug trade, child sex trafficking, etc.)

    But Sheriffs are elected by the people, and therefore (at least theoretically) are more accountable. If people concentrated more on local politics within their communities, they would have more control. Most Sheriffs are simply elected because they have experience being thugs, and come out of the military, police force, etc.

    But if the community were to realize that someone without the brainwashing training that comes out of the military and other organizations could actually be elected to oversee the community law enforcement, you could actually get some sane people at the top running things.

    There is the Constitutional Sheriff's association, but they are small, and few people even know about them.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The Sheriff is elected and is answerable to the people. The police are not.
    And has the power to deputize fellow citizens.

    Which is also how it should be. 30 year career cops should not be.

    Five year max then out...anything past that and any human being becomes jaded, cynical and stupid dealing with, let's face it, $#@!s, every single day.
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    It's not "all the same."

    Police, and many other law enforcement, are appointed by bureaucrats with special interests (like control the city's illegal drug trade, child sex trafficking, etc.)

    But Sheriffs are elected by the people, and therefore (at least theoretically) are more accountable. If people concentrated more on local politics within their communities, they would have more control. Most Sheriffs are simply elected because they have experience being thugs, and come out of the military, police force, etc.

    But if the community were to realize that someone without the brainwashing training that comes out of the military and other organizations could actually be elected to oversee the community law enforcement, you could actually get some sane people at the top running things.

    There is the Constitutional Sheriff's association, but they are small, and few people even know about them.
    Ok, they're all similar not "the same". And I think we agree that some are better than others. My point is that there are always going to be groups with the most force doing the enforcing.

  28. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The Sheriff is elected and is answerable to the people. The police are not.
    I agree, my point was more directed at anarchists who think that we can have "no sheriff". It's impossible.

    update: I called that one. I just read that some rapper is armed and acting as the warlord of that area.
    Last edited by Madison320; 06-11-2020 at 02:32 PM.

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What?

    You think a bunch of far left radicals stand a chance against the US government?

    These people are there because they are allowed to be. Remember that whole "occupy" nonsense? This is the same deal. They will let it go for a while. Once a few news cycles have passed and the heat goes down, they will be cleared out.
    ... and which side is the government on???

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  30. #86
    Trainwreck... can't look away...

    Their communal garden so they don't starve.


  31. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... and which side is the government on???
    Not mine. I don't like these protesters or the cops.

  32. #88
    Trump is not playing this the right way.

    He should be offering them public lands somewhere away from the city where private property owners will not be affected. Or let them keep their area and help re-locate people affected.

    Shine a light and turn this commie experiment into a reality show. If Trump helps them, the media will find ways to scrutinize and pay more attention.

    The comrades will screw this up on their own, and its quite obvious the natural direction has already taken course.

    Systematic violence on their own people will begin as soon as the workers get tired of working for free because the work loads are unequal. Heirarchy will develop, they will be unhappy and anonymously complain on twitter.

    This is the best anti-communist ad ever.

    In fact, Trump should suggest Bernie Sanders be the de-facto leader, the anarchists would love and cheer for that, Bernie will hide.
    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF is to troll:

    Nobody spends this much time copy & pasting the same recycled links, photos & talking points. Does anybody even know where this troll stands on any issue?

    7 years and 25k posts later, the forum still does nothing & members still think they're replying to real posts

    Know the deceptions of a paid troll HERE (Post #3)



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, my point was more directed at anarchists who think that we can have "no sheriff". It's impossible.

    update: I called that one. I just read that some rapper is armed and acting as the warlord of that area.
    Sounds like the Duke of New York.

  35. #90
    There are only two things we should fight for.
    One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. - Smedley Darlington Butler

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2018, 01:48 PM
  2. Seattle elects socialist candidate to city council
    By CaseyJones in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2018, 03:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 01:53 AM
  4. Anyone here in Seattle, Boise or Salt Lake City?
    By Gage in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 12:05 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 06:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •